The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday January 12th, 2023

rafinmd

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Carolyn, I'm happy your DSIL made it home safely and with her luggage.  Now that she has survived her trial by fire flights, do you think she will venture out again?

Hard to say, Lenda.  She did mention "when I come out again" so we'll see.  

• Like 1

@StLouisCruisers  I am glad that you are OK, we went outside at sunset, the sky was PINK!  The light was PINK!  and the dog's mom across the street's yard is full of part of her scotch pine tree, and some of it is in our yard too.  Not sure what is on our roof, there were lots of bangs, but so far all is good.  Fawn was very scared.  After the heavy rain, when the sky was black!  then went to green, and the lightening kept on popping.  But nothin like you had south of town.

I think that the shots are getting to me, I feel like a have a "bug".  I'm going to grab a cough drop and hit the hay.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

@StLouisCruisers, @marshhawk I was thinking about you and @richwmn this afternoon when I was listening to the radio. For whatever reason I can’t get our local station (KFSH) FISH, but can get yours (WFSH), and the emergency alerts and directions to seek shelter were scary. Hope you have no damage and soon have power back. I bet Rich is happy to be missing the storm.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening to all.

Today was another busy day for us.  However, I did manage to read all the posts before posting.

Our furniture arrived sans the ottoman.  That will arrive in February.  I did not take a photo yet because there are boxes all over the place and I want a picture that really looks nice.

We opened quite a few boxes in our bedroom so that we can try to move in by the weekend.

Service Masters did not show up today again so we were on our own.

We are both quite tired and decided to call it quits early and went out to a late lunch and made it our dinner.

Thank you to Roy for the triple duty you are doing at this time.  Appreciate all your hard work.

Glad that @kazu and @Scrapnanahave made it home.  Prayers for their quick recovery from their respective injuries and illnesses.

@grapau27 Prayers for your Sarah that the injections provide the relief from the pain she is experiencing.  How compassionate of the doctor to move up her date for the injections.

I pray that the treatment helps her.  Prayers for you and Pauline as well.  You are good people to look after her as you do.

I am still suffering from the Polymyalgia Rheumatica flare up but have to continue to work at the house. No one else to do that—Just Jim and me.

Hope every one had a great day.

God Bless,

Terri

Thank you Terri.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing a Polymyalgia Rheumatics flare up and pray it settles down quickly.

Graham.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@StLouisCruisers  I am glad that you are OK, we went outside at sunset, the sky was PINK!  The light was PINK!  and the dog's mom across the street's yard is full of part of her scotch pine tree, and some of it is in our yard too.  Not sure what is on our roof, there were lots of bangs, but so far all is good.  Fawn was very scared.  After the heavy rain, when the sky was black!  then went to green, and the lightening kept on popping.  But nothin like you had south of town.

I think that the shots are getting to me, I feel like a have a "bug".  I'm going to grab a cough drop and hit the hay.

Screenshot_20221224_110439.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Around 4 pm we got alerts that our area was now in a tornado warning zone. Turned on the TV in the basement and they predicted a chance around 4:27 in the adjoining town. Power went off but we had flashlights. We eventually left our safe room when the rain slowed down.  We had no internet, TV or landline so I kept trying to see anything I could on my phone using cellular data.  All of a sudden I got a text from DD asking if we were okay. DGD Ashley had heard a tornado hit our town and sent a photo of a large business with the roof torn off. Apparently the business district has a lot of damage. That area is about 4 miles SE of our neighborhood. I’m just glad it missed our neighborhood!  But who knows I could find out tomorrow the fringes of our development could have been hit. We are going to have to check our roof for shingle damage because a neighbor saw shingles coming off someone’s house across the street from them. I’m just glad our house is still standing. I still don’t have internet just cellular on my phone. Hoping by the morning everything will be back. Annie @marshhawk I hope all is well up there in Stone Mountain. Take care and talk to you all tomorrow. Saying my prayers of thanks tonight for sure!🙏🏻

Take care and stay safe Sandi.

Prayers 🙏 you have no house damage.

Graham.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bennybear said:

It’s easy. A train from  Schiphol to Rotterdam.  Lots to see in Rotterdam. 

@ottahand7 happy 70 th what a great celebration

@grapau27prayers for your Sarah

love tea. . 

7882180B-013D-40C9-A4CE-4AB384A94FA3.jpeg

okay good to know in cast my trip in July is changed.

Do you have to pre arrange the train or just go up and get a ticket?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

@Oceansaway17.

Hope this helps if needed.

Graham 

Screenshot_20230113_213023.jpg

well 99 a day should make it easy for me.

while I hope my Rotterdam SHIP still goes out of AMS in July to Norway, I will now think about flying to AMS for a ship from Rotterdam in future as I have seen some interesting trips.

Last time I was in UK at Heathrow and staying in London for a precruise hotel, I got brave and saved a lot of money by taking the train.  Was easier than I thought with just a couple of questions.

toodles

• Like 1