The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday January 12th, 2023

rafinmd

Today is Feast of Fabulous Wild Men Day, National Hot Tea Day, and National Pharmacist Day

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.--Mae West

Meal Suggestion for today - Homemade Hamburger Helper
Drink of the Day - Holiday Wreath
Wine of the Day - Arboleda Carmenere, Valle de Aconcagua, Chile
Destination of the Day - Benoa, Bali Indonesia

Eurodam

Puerto Limon, Costa Rica 06:30 - 16:00

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 1-14

Nieuw Amsterdam

Grand Cayman Island, George Town Harbour 07:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay, Bahamas eta 1-13

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Puerto Montt, Chile eta 1-13

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay, Bahamas eta 1-13

Volendam

At Sea Destination Callao-Lima, Peru eta 1-13

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Puntarenas, Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica eta 1-13

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Nuku Hiva Island, Taiohae, Marquesas French Poly eta 1-18

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Sydney, NSW Australia eta 1-14

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Pulau Komodo Island, East Nusa Tenggara Indonesi eta 1-14

This is the first time since Rich embarked that the ships are spaced well enough that I could meaningfully label all of them on the world map, although I did a detail map to have more detail on their surroundings.

Capture1.JPG.ec2db9e268bc142f6a65a23bf9e96820.JPG

Capture2.JPG.f57af5593352ac3dbd8fd321ca82b869.JPG

Roy for Rich

• Like 24
  • Thanks 15

Good morning Daily-ites! 

We are at sea today on the lovely Rotterdam. 

Dinner last night was rock fish, Allen had prime rib. My fish was pretty strong tasting but managed to eat a bit and Allen shared some of his prime rib. Made it to Trivia. The place was jam packed with standing room only.

Prayers lifted for Graham and Pauline's Sarah. 

Thankful Jacqui and Kathi are home and safe.

Hoping our little friend Blue feels better today.

Sending Birthday, Get Well and Congratulation wishes.

Hmmm. Feast of fabulous wild men..

Our flowers a sweet couple left for us are in full bloom. The lilies are quite fragrant. I put them in the shower last night..

0111230917.thumb.jpg.e88534d54f5c4c26c2529b3974cb4045.jpg

Have a blessed day!!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report.  Unusual feast day. I’ll celebrate with a cup of tea, at three.  Hats off to all the pharmacists out there, what would we do without you.  I like Mae’s quote.  I like the meal suggestion.  As for the drink, the holidays are so last month.  I haven’t been to today’s port, looking forward to seeing the photos.  Prayers for everyone on today’s prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events!🥂

• Like 20

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Love the maps!

Feast of wild men!  That sounds like a lot of fun.😉  I'm sipping a hot mug of English Breakfast tea now.  A big thank you to pharmacists.

Great quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

Hope the drink and wine are good too.

I haven't been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone.  I hope we hear good news from a few Dailyites.   Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 20

Good afternoon.

Our Sarah is on a ward in the hospital and it seems she might have her spinal operation today.

Thank you everyone for your kind concerns yesterday.

Thank you Roy @rafinmdfor keeping this amazing thread going while Rich @richwmnis on a well deserved fantastic world cruise.

Thank you Dixie,Ann and Debbie for all your amazing food and drink descriptions.

Good collection of days and excellent quote.

Take care and stay safe friends.

Graham.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 7

The surgeon has just been to see her and explained her options.

High risk operation.

Injections in her back.

Total rest for a couple of months.

She is worried about the operation risks so she told him she would rather have the injections.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 15

Holiday Wreath cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Jim Beam® Rye
1/2 part DeKuyper® Razzmatazz® Schnapps Liqueur
3 parts Apple Cider
Lemon Wheel

Instructions
Build over ice in a tall glass pouring the Razzmatazz last. Garnish with a lemon wheel on the rim.

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 7.07.02 AM.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 10

Good morning! We are currently at sea headed for Dominica.

Last night was our Amazing evening were we were all transported by bus to Bridgetown’s Barbados large Cricket Stadium were we entertained by a show of Carnival of rhythm and history and culture of the island. Lot’s of steel drums, singers, dancers in lavish costumes. Upon return to ship we were welcomed with flutes of bubbly and the ships band playing on promenade. A very amazing evening indeed. Azamara has one of these evenings each cruise at no extra cost per guest.

I guess I can relieve my wild man days as I’m pretty tame these days.

Mae’s quote has a lot of truth.

Thanks to all who contribute.

image.thumb.jpeg.c50767711b7e6d025e173d019a63bf29.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.50b96ecb492b08f22f19b8a0ed8e5ebf.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.29cc66ef91b23516d1564fe0362698b1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1477da4bff9a7cbe8b09953631f943d3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.987b271e76526e9e2820b4aa2d00aa77.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, Daily friends.  Roy, thank you for the information

.I had to laugh at the Feast of Fabulous Wild Men Day.  
A mug of hot Earl Grey Tea is one of my daily afternoon pleasures.

Grilled hamburgers are on the menu here, but I appreciate the suggestion.

Prayers for those in need. 🙏🏻

I don’t post often, but I so enjoy the Daily thread, and all of you.  

thanks to all who contribute!

Have a wonderful day.

Edited by ocean sounds
Added
  • Like 27

Good morning friends!  It is a warm morning here at 60F, and it will be cloudy with a high of 69F.  Rain should begin around tea time and possibly continue until bedtime.  

My prayers sent out for dear Sarah this morning.  Graham @grapau27I think I would make the same decision as Sarah did with what the surgeon explained to her.  Prayers that the injections help and that the extended period of rest helps considerably.  I'm sure you and Pauline will do everything you can to help her.  🙏❤️

Thanks for the Daily today Rich and Roy!  What a nutty feast day we're celebrating!  I don't know any wild men thankfully.  Hot tea is a comfort to many.  We all love our pharmacists.  My next door neighbor is a retired pharmacist so I would feel comfortable asking him any questions that come up about our medications.  What a great quote from Mae West!  Making your own hamburger helper seems like an interesting menu suggestion so can't wait to see what Debbie @dfishsays about it.  Thanks Dixie @summer slopeand Ann @cat shepardfor your drink and wine descriptions.  Three cheers for all the Celebration list people today.  Hoping all are enjoying their cruises, too.  So glad Jacqui and Kathi are home and hope they get the help they need to recover and heal.  Also, prayers for everyone on the Care list and let's not forget the people of Ukraine still under attack. 🙏

Today's port is Benoa in Bali which has been our destination of the day twice before...Nov. 7, 2021 and April 13, 2022.  Below are the posts from that date in order to retrieve your photos.  I'm sure we have new people reading the Daily all the time and they might not have seen any photos before so be sure to post yours for their benefit.  I'll post mine next.

Today's port of Benoa, Bali Indonesia was on a B2B2B cruise in November and December 2013.  We started the cruise in Singapore in early November and ended up in Auckland on Dec. 23.  We stayed overnight in Auckland and began our flights home early on Christmas Eve.  Auckland to Sydney, Sydney to Los Angeles, Los Angeles to Atlanta.  We arrived home late on Christmas Eve (yes, still!) and slept late on Christmas Day.  A couple days later we drove to our DD's house in Ohio to celebrate the holidays late.  When we started the cruises in Singapore we had been staying at our DS's apartment in Singapore with his family for 8 days.  He was on his university sabbatical for a year, and that was the reason we booked all the cruises - so we could see them and do some interesting cruising.  It was great fun!

November 23, 2013 on Diamond Princess. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKzjk6fuYVlcyLe9OW9ZZPP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702246

Welcomers00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK6ZlXpMzeqBBNws4tPOEsJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702252

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVID7RLWytqIG_QqyTecjhRM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702249

We were lucky this trip to have a couple from Australia on board whom we'd met in 2010 on a Princess ship.  He had hired a driver for this port who would drive them around to see the sights, and they asked if we'd like to go along.  Yes!  First we drove to the Pura Gunung Kawi temple.  Here, the cliffs flanking the Packerisan river feature shrines carved into stone honoring kings and queens from the 11th century. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKUqBrHUmupGtgeGNMVhIwU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702335

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLl05QWyjm_EafQiHlK_TZ5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702340

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKzBAfG-J1-1vtNQ1ap5Lbq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702352

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIwpn_wNkaCi7CojegARqfG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702366

It was beautiful!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLTWZxbenYXenbWgOSJTJxM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702367

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIhiD4_vZ4MOEN7fXdbycn0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702373

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJQD3e6zIHEhwchR9jnj4_i?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702428

It was so peaceful there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI9Y014FCiASFIEdo-N1Xy5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702435

Then we went to Tirta Empul temple.  The sacred spring there provides holy water for priests and bathing for ordinary Balinese, who believe that a dip here can bring good fortune and health.  An offering must first be made at the temple before you can climb into the long main pool to bathe and meditate.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKUUS7jsol3CQ8qAKlkARrW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702473

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJamvwD8r4A3jCJztR5Fj1D?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702478

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjplU5ldFBhYY3a-T27sEG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702462

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLfF9Yk5PE7CbC4wgCTOD79?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702507

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSFtpBvCnho5rcEugAghOc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702522

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI0b-jE_nrLJ4mc8MnfXVw2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702531

This photo was taken from the car on the way to the volcano.  The Balinese prepare and decorate a penjor made from a long bamboo pole hung vertically in front of their home.  They can be up to 10 meters high and they droop and hang over the roads making a beautiful sight.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK8ERI48pI3vX3fu2m2fhnl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702537

We didn't get real close to the volcano, Mount Batur, because it's active.  Instead we viewed it from the village of Penelokan.  Here is a misty view of the Mount Batur and Lake Batur.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKmN1LCvZfdU1TEGStwmQGI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702547

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJLrt_hcjHEqrSodgyJ7yvZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702552

That's all for today.  I hope this gives you a glimpse of Benoa and the surrounding area.  

• Like 24
  • Thanks 7

I will happily celebrate the Feast of the Wild Men Dailyites - posters & lurkers - hope you all enjoy your day!

Thank you Rich & Roy for bringing us the Report & Daily. It was already 48 this morning when we headed out for our morning walk. Yesterday was another fabulous day. Mani - pedi this morning, then this afternoon some annual routine maintenance visits.  

32C7F640-F37A-482C-B69F-0AF249630B8C.jpeg.a28de96e7c044660e359b75e175e2004.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Arboleda Carmenère 2019, Valle de Aconcagua, Chile

I used the 2019 vintage info, since it seems to be the easiest to find. But all released vintages share the same excellent ratings and reasonable price. I would love to try this one. Available from a good number of online distributors with prices starting at $24.97.

Winemaker Notes

Beautiful, deep, bright violet red color with ruby hues. Very aromatic and fresh. Reminds of raspberries, cherries and pomegranates accompanied by violet notes. It unwinds elegantly revealing soft spicy notes such as white pepper, strawberries, blueberries, bitter chocolate and a soft truffle note that stands out. A wine with silky tannins, great persistence, finesse and elegance.

Critical Acclaim

JS91
James Suckling
Lots of flowers and blueberries on the nose and palate with spice and graphite notes. Medium body. Crisp finish.
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 9

47 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Our Sarah is on a ward in the hospital and it seems she might have her spinal operation today.

Thank you everyone for your kind concerns yesterday.

Thank you Roy @rafinmdfor keeping this amazing thread going while Rich @richwmnis on a well deserved fantastic world cruise.

Thank you Dixie,Ann and Debbie for all your amazing food and drink descriptions.

Good collection of days and excellent quote.

Take care and stay safe friends.

Graham.

Praying that the injections help Sarah, so she can avoid surgery. 

Double prayers that Sarah, you and Pauline can quickly put this worry behind you. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Fleet update and general info.

Redneck dash dot dot dash dot dash. Can’t get that Morse Code out of my head from yesterday. Y’all probably didn’t know but the Morse code from yesterday spelled out my real but it’s too late, I deleted the post, I think.

It’s Feast of Fabulous Wild Men Day. Let’s look at RNB and if he fits this category.

These men are hunky and good looking, RNB is hun..chunky and let’s say average. 
FWM are classy and refined, RNB always dines at the finer McDonalds in the Tampa Bay Area and always request that grey poupon be spread on his burgers. And FWM are rugged, free and adventurous. RNB has gone were no other snorkeler has gone before once he left the jacuzzi. I guess it’s my day! 😀

• Like 11
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It is a warm morning here at 60F, and it will be cloudy with a high of 69F.  Rain should begin around tea time and possibly continue until bedtime.  

My prayers sent out for dear Sarah this morning.  Graham @grapau27I think I would make the same decision as Sarah did with what the surgeon explained to her.  Prayers that the injections help and that the extended period of rest helps considerably.  I'm sure you and Pauline will do everything you can to help her.  🙏❤️

Thanks for the Daily today Rich and Roy!  What a nutty feast day we're celebrating!  I don't know any wild men thankfully.  Hot tea is a comfort to many.  We all love our pharmacists.  My next door neighbor is a retired pharmacist so I would feel comfortable asking him any questions that come up about our medications.  What a great quote from Mae West!  Making your own hamburger helper seems like an interesting menu suggestion so can't wait to see what Debbie @dfishsays about it.  Thanks Dixie @summer slopeand Ann @cat shepardfor your drink and wine descriptions.  Three cheers for all the Celebration list people today.  Hoping all are enjoying their cruises, too.  So glad Jacqui and Kathi are home and hope they get the help they need to recover and heal.  Also, prayers for everyone on the Care list and let's not forget the people of Ukraine still under attack. 🙏

Today's port is Benoa in Bali which has been our destination of the day twice before...Nov. 7, 2021 and April 13, 2022.  Below are the posts from that date in order to retrieve your photos.  I'm sure we have new people reading the Daily all the time and they might not have seen any photos before so be sure to post yours for their benefit.  I'll post mine next.

Today's port of Benoa, Bali Indonesia was on a B2B2B cruise in November and December 2013.  We started the cruise in Singapore in early November and ended up in Auckland on Dec. 23.  We stayed overnight in Auckland and began our flights home early on Christmas Eve.  Auckland to Sydney, Sydney to Los Angeles, Los Angeles to Atlanta.  We arrived home late on Christmas Eve (yes, still!) and slept late on Christmas Day.  A couple days later we drove to our DD's house in Ohio to celebrate the holidays late.  When we started the cruises in Singapore we had been staying at our DS's apartment in Singapore with his family for 8 days.  He was on his university sabbatical for a year, and that was the reason we booked all the cruises - so we could see them and do some interesting cruising.  It was great fun!

November 23, 2013 on Diamond Princess. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKzjk6fuYVlcyLe9OW9ZZPP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702246

Welcomers00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK6ZlXpMzeqBBNws4tPOEsJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702252

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVID7RLWytqIG_QqyTecjhRM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702249

We were lucky this trip to have a couple from Australia on board whom we'd met in 2010 on a Princess ship.  He had hired a driver for this port who would drive them around to see the sights, and they asked if we'd like to go along.  Yes!  First we drove to the Pura Gunung Kawi temple.  Here, the cliffs flanking the Packerisan river feature shrines carved into stone honoring kings and queens from the 11th century. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKUqBrHUmupGtgeGNMVhIwU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702335

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLl05QWyjm_EafQiHlK_TZ5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702340

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKzBAfG-J1-1vtNQ1ap5Lbq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702352

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIwpn_wNkaCi7CojegARqfG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702366

It was beautiful!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLTWZxbenYXenbWgOSJTJxM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702367

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIhiD4_vZ4MOEN7fXdbycn0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702373

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJQD3e6zIHEhwchR9jnj4_i?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702428

It was so peaceful there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI9Y014FCiASFIEdo-N1Xy5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702435

Then we went to Tirta Empul temple.  The sacred spring there provides holy water for priests and bathing for ordinary Balinese, who believe that a dip here can bring good fortune and health.  An offering must first be made at the temple before you can climb into the long main pool to bathe and meditate.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKUUS7jsol3CQ8qAKlkARrW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702473

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJamvwD8r4A3jCJztR5Fj1D?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702478

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjplU5ldFBhYY3a-T27sEG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702462

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLfF9Yk5PE7CbC4wgCTOD79?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702507

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSFtpBvCnho5rcEugAghOc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702522

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI0b-jE_nrLJ4mc8MnfXVw2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702531

This photo was taken from the car on the way to the volcano.  The Balinese prepare and decorate a penjor made from a long bamboo pole hung vertically in front of their home.  They can be up to 10 meters high and they droop and hang over the roads making a beautiful sight.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK8ERI48pI3vX3fu2m2fhnl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702537

We didn't get real close to the volcano, Mount Batur, because it's active.  Instead we viewed it from the village of Penelokan.  Here is a misty view of the Mount Batur and Lake Batur.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKmN1LCvZfdU1TEGStwmQGI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702547

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJLrt_hcjHEqrSodgyJ7yvZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388702552

That's all for today.  I hope this gives you a glimpse of Benoa and the surrounding area.  

Thank you for your kind words Sandi and for posting your amazing photos.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from a bright and sunny day at the beach

I really enjoy a nice cup of tea but I am still partial to “Salada”. My family sends a few boxes at a time necause it is not available here. 
   @grapau27Graham, my prayers will continue for all of you. I do believe she made the right decision to try the injections first. It will probably take time and rest. 
     @StLouisCruisersSandi, thanks for the great pictures. Both of our ports in Indonesia were cancelled. 
        Off to a library board meeting this AM.

Slay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2