The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday January 13th, 2023

rafinmd

Today is International Skeptics Day, Make Your Dream Come True Day, and National Rubber Duckie Day

Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach. -- Tony Robbins

Meal Suggestion for today - Salmon Burgers With Pickled Cucumbers
Drink of the Day - Sqrrl Apple Day
Wine of the Day - Alexana Revana Vineyard Pinot Noir, Dundee Hills, Willamette Valley, Oregon
Destination of the Day - Nafplio, Mycenae, Greece

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 1-15

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 1-14

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay, Bahamas eta 1-14

Nieuw Statendam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00

Oosterdam

Puerto Montt, Chile 08:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 10:00 - 15:00

Volendam

Callao-Lima, Peru 16:00 Arrive

Zaandam

Puntarenas, Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica 07:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Nuku Hiva Island, Taiohae, Marquesas French Poly eta 1-18

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Sydney, NSW Australia 06:00 - 16:00

Westerdam

Pulau Komodo Island, East Nusa Tenggara Indonesia 11:00 - 18:00

Capture1.JPG.d263513a9336cd804ea58ddf6fd9954f.JPG

Capture2.JPG.d7e16522d6ac71b1e04789b8826474f5.JPG

Roy posting while Rich sees the world

• Like 21
  • Thanks 14

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  It’s a rainy day here today, so much easier to deal with than snow.  I’ll pass on today’s meal suggestion  I have no idea what’s for dinner, maybe takeout. I hope everyone has a good day today.

Happy Friday the 13th

image.thumb.png.18c8f48ae82f4bcfde93329cdabc4845.png

• Like 15
  • Haha 11

Good morning. We are just arriving I  St Johns, Antigua. Another catamaran day here. Last night we had another Chefs Table with the theme being Italy. Very good!

Slept in a little to late so now kind of rushed getting ready for excursion.

After dinner we went to late show where the singers and dancers put on a great show. Really enjoying the entertainment on board.

Thanks Roy for all you do and to all who contribute.

image.jpeg.c1a619ef533a80f68f7fa93ef2927cec.jpegimage.jpeg.ae03f08f276dc45f8bf6e7c3bdea90d0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e209975fce1678fb78904879bb150c45.jpegimage.jpeg.cf4ef7b3b0d605a93aac339d64c6ec41.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Haha 21

Good morning.  Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.

Happy Friday the 13th.

Flurries in the forecast for us today. 

I'm skeptical about some things but try to be optimistic.  Making your dreams come true involves a lot of hard work.  I don't have a rubber duckie.

Good quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

I'll pass on the drink.  Hope the wine isn't expensive.

I haven't been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone.  I hope there are lots of celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 24

10 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning. We are just arriving I  St Johns, Antigua. Another catamaran day here. Last night we had another Chefs Table with the theme being Italy. Very good!

Slept in a little to late so now kind of rushed getting ready for excursion.

After dinner we went to late show where the singers and dancers put on a great show. Really enjoying the entertainment on board.

Thanks Roy for all you do and to all who contribute.

image.jpeg.c1a619ef533a80f68f7fa93ef2927cec.jpegimage.jpeg.ae03f08f276dc45f8bf6e7c3bdea90d0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e209975fce1678fb78904879bb150c45.jpegimage.jpeg.cf4ef7b3b0d605a93aac339d64c6ec41.jpeg

Thanks for the funnies and update. Hope you enjoy your cat cruise. Will be in Antigua in a few weeks and would like to know where you went, if you snorkeled and how was it. Thanks 

• Like 15

Happy Friday everyone.  Thanks for the daily report. I’m a bit of a skeptic but don’t want to celebrate it, an almost embarrassing trait that’s been formed by an accounting career even though it serves me well.  I’d rather celebrate making dreams come true and rubber duckies!  Great quote today.  The meal suggestion and wine sound very nice.  I haven’t been to today’s port, looking forward to seeing the photos.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list, hope @kazuand @Scrapnanaare doing well.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!🍹

• Like 23

Thank you for everyone who posts info to the Daily Report!!

We woke up to snow on the ground this morning.  Not too much, but I'll have a better idea when it isn't as dark out.  Thankfully we have nowhere to be today and I picked up a few groceries yesterday. 

• Like 23

Good afternoon.

Thank you for today's daily reports Roy.

Many thanks for everyones good wishes for Sarah.

Very sad news about Lisa Marie Presley's death aged 54.

I am usually not  sceptical and tend to believe what I am told unless it doesn't sound right.

If we have our good health it is the most important thing.

Bring able to cruise so often and staying in lovely hotels is a childhood dream come true.

I used to dream about Miami beach when I was a child and all being well we are going there this year.

I try and remain flexible in everything I do because events can change your opinions of people and places.

Salmon is nice on its own.

Today's port is lovely just like almost all of Greek ports.

The archaeological sites at Mycenae are around 24km away.

My prayers 🙏 for all who are unwell.

Graham x.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 25

Good Friday morning. We are nearing Callao and would think we may arrive a little early. Sad news for all booked to go overland to Machu Picchu have their tours cancelled due to continuing political unrest. All tours around Lima are a go. Tonight we board our tour bus for the 75 minute drive to Lima to have a private dinner at Casa Aliaga. One of the oldest European homes in South America it was built by the ruler of Peru, Pizarro. Then we will get to see the beautiful lights Lima is known for. We have an early start on Saturday when we go to Inca ruins and a Paso horse farm for lunch. 

We had the Cellar master dinner last night with lovely wines and terrific food. Usually we pass on these because of some foods I won't eat. I went over my "allergy" to truffles with waiter, chef and maitre d.  Somehow my plate of beef and beet tartare had truffle oil so John ate most of it. The waiter came and owned up to it that the table numbers were redone for the dinner and my clean food went to table 4. Thankfully I am not allergic just hate the taste and smell. Prayers for all on our Care list, Sarah, Jacqui, Kathi and the people of Ukraine.    Have a wonderful weekend. 

IMG_20230112_182557215.jpg

IMG_20230112_185343660.jpg

IMG_20230112_191558266.jpg

IMG_20230112_201259956.jpg

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Good morning friends!  As I reported on the Daily last night our nearby town experienced a tornado (or possibly 3) late yesterday afternoon. The roof was blown off a large business and there was a lot of damage to the business district which is about 4 miles from us as the crow flies. Power was out for an hour and I’m grateful that’s back on but we still don’t have internet, cable TV, or our phone line. I need my news and internet!!  

Anyway, wanted to inform everyone we had the port of Nafplion, Greece twice before but I can’t get Rich’s posts from Oct. 10, 2021 or Sept. 30, 2022 from my phone. We have not been there and have no photos to share. 

Prayers for Sarah and others on our Care list. Guess we’d better get Comcast on the phone and make them aware of our issues. Happy Friday the 13th everyone!  
14A2866B-71A9-44F0-9B5D-BC8EDE772D34.thumb.jpeg.0af5bbad7004aa18295057985bdf8940.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 12

22 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for the funnies and update. Hope you enjoy your cat cruise. Will be in Antigua in a few weeks and would like to know where you went, if you snorkeled and how was it. Thanks 

All I know so far it is a catamaran ride including lobster lunch. Will let you know.

Your forward echelon scout. B.

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

thanks for our Friday the 13th Daily, Roy.

i don’t have a rubber duckie but some determined people found one on the ship!  I’m getting skeptical about my elbow (OUCH -as sleep evades me for pain) so I guess I will  celebrate skeptics day.  It sure feels like Friday the 13th.

love today’s quote.

to answer  a question from yesterday - i am in a sling.  A wrapping and rigid thing under my arm and elbow.

my apple air tags told me my luggage was at our airport but there were no calls to deliver it.  A kind neighbour was chauffeuring me to drop off medical reports to my doctor for the appointment for next week and a couple of groceries and she said let’s go get it so we did.  Sheesh no one said anything when i picked it up.  Anyone could have taken it IMO.

I am blessed with kind neighbours and friends - 1 picked me up from the airport and got me bread,etc.  another picked up ice melt for me, another brought cut up chicken, muffins, chowder, etc and opened cans for me and another is helping me with medical dvd’s and picking up my mail.

the miserable storm started early this morning.  Thankfully, there is nothing i need and nothing to go out for.

this one finger typing is for the birds.  Takes forever and too many typos 😠 

prayers for all who need them especially Kathi & Sarah.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 7

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily Rich & Roy! I hope all our fabulous wild men Dailyites enjoyed their feast yesterday. I think we’d all appreciate pictures. 

A bit of rain this morning. It was already 62, when Bindi and I went out earlier. I believe that is warmer than the high temperature of the next two days.  Just a gym class for me. Not sure what else I will do today. 

A couple of aged super heroes…

43BAF722-4959-433E-9F1B-43D078F8067F.jpeg.eae19e23f98c5a2e2d464f55b00f32b4.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @Scrapnana & @kazu special prayers that you recover quickly. @grapau27 Graham, praying that the injections really help Sarah. I am also thanking God that she has you & Pauline by her side. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Alexana Revana Vineyard 2019 Pinot Noir, Dundee Hills, Willamette Valley, Oregon

This Pinot sounds amazing. But it is outside of my budget. Maybe just a taste…

I used the 2019 vintage info. Quite a few online distributors with prices starting at $53.99.

Winemaker Notes

As Alexana's flagship Pinot Noir, this wine expresses their entire estate’s dramatically diverse terroir. An outlier within the famous sub-region of the Dundee Hills AVA. This unique expression of Oregon Pinot Noir comes from one of the Willamette Valley’s most respected vineyards.
WS93 Wine Spectator
Satiny and multilayered, with floral raspberry and pomegranate flavors that are laced with fresh violet and toasty spice notes. Drink now through 2029.
WE92 Wine Enthusiast
This pings the palate with cola and black cherry flavors, along with minerally acidity that buoys up rather than tarts up the palate. It's lighter than the previous vintage, balanced and appealing, with that streak of cola lingering on through the medium length finish.
W&S92 Wine & Spirits
This wine typically shows a spicy warmth, as it does in 2019—brambly and rich, with horehound, cherry and violet blossom scents giving way to a generous texture. It’s round and mouth-filling, quite irresistible, for something with wild mushrooms.
JS92 James Suckling
Pretty aromas of dried violets, fresh cherries, plum stones and nutmeg. It’s medium-bodied with fine, powdery tannins and fresh acidity. Sleek and refined. Elegant finish. Drink or hold.
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 4

Good morning, everyone!

I need to post quickly as I have an early doctor's appointment.  @StLouisCruisers I am sorry to see the damage and destruction so near to you.  I worried about our Dailyites that were in the area of the storms last night.  Thank you for letting us know you are ok.  Hopefully, other Dailyites in the area will do the same.

I would try the salmon burger without the bun, but I'm like @grapau27 Graham and like the salmon just as it is.  Still, this one looks pretty good to me.   https://thecuriousplate.com/easy-ginger-salmon-burgers-with-pickled-cucumbers/

910539519_Salmonburgerswithpickledcucumbers1.jpg.6825345f960f78478939bc9f8d3be347.jpg

The hoisin glaze on these would add a nice flavor.  https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/hoisin-glazed-salmon-burgers

952872193_Salmonburgerswithpickledcucumbers2.jpg.0759a6ce0f20f4a4b4aefdf836284b5a.jpg

This one is a little different as it makes a pickled cucumber slaw to go on the salmon burgers.  It does seem like a lot of work, though!   https://ourfarmerhouse.com/quick-thai-salmon-burgers-with-pickled-cucumber-slaw/

2014150392_Salmonburgerswithpickledcucumbers3.jpg.97a55e56e0d863111ff27c7d834d6e89.jpg

There you have it!   I hope one of these sparks the appetite.  Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 11

4 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

I need to post quickly as I have an early doctor's appointment.  @StLouisCruisers I am sorry to see the damage and destruction so near to you.  I worried about our Dailyites that were in the area of the storms last night.  Thank you for letting us know you are ok.  Hopefully, other Dailyites in the area will do the same.

I would try the salmon burger without the bun, but I'm like @grapau27 Graham and like the salmon just as it is.  Still, this one looks pretty good to me.   https://thecuriousplate.com/easy-ginger-salmon-burgers-with-pickled-cucumbers/

910539519_Salmonburgerswithpickledcucumbers1.jpg.6825345f960f78478939bc9f8d3be347.jpg

The hoisin glaze on these would add a nice flavor.  https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/hoisin-glazed-salmon-burgers

952872193_Salmonburgerswithpickledcucumbers2.jpg.0759a6ce0f20f4a4b4aefdf836284b5a.jpg

This one is a little different as it makes a pickled cucumber slaw to go on the salmon burgers.  It does seem like a lot of work, though!   https://ourfarmerhouse.com/quick-thai-salmon-burgers-with-pickled-cucumber-slaw/

2014150392_Salmonburgerswithpickledcucumbers3.jpg.97a55e56e0d863111ff27c7d834d6e89.jpg

There you have it!   I hope one of these sparks the appetite.  Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Good luck at your doctor's appointment Debbie.

Graham.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Good luck at your doctor's appointment Debbie.

Graham.

This one is just routine.  My doctors are under strict orders to find nothing else wrong until we deal with what is already on the plate.

• Like 15
  • Haha 11

24 minutes ago, kazu said:

this one finger typing is for the birds.  Takes forever and too many typos

Maybe you could try "voice to text" and find out how efficient the one finger typing really is. I suspect the typos would increase and it would take just as long to fix the multiple autocorrect errors.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

Nafplion was the port of the day on September 30, 2022 and October 10, 2021..  This are the links to Rich's @richwmnposts.

The Daily for Sunday October 10, 2021

richwmn

By richwmn,
October 10, 2021 in Holland America Line

The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday September 30th, 2022

richwmn

By richwmn,
September 30, 2022 in Holland America Line

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Sqrrl Apple Day cocktail:

Ingredients
1 ½ parts SQRRL® Peanut Butter Whiskey
1 ½ parts Apple Cider
¾ part Fresh Lemon Juice
½ part Maple Syrup
Garnish: Fresh Apple Slices, Cinnamon

Instructions
Combine ingredients into an ice-filled shaker and shake until well chilled. Strain into rocks glass over fresh ice. Garnish with an apple slice and sprinkle with cinnamon.

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 8.32.55 AM.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 14

1 hour ago, kazu said:

thanks for our Friday the 13th Daily, Roy.

i don’t have a rubber duckie but some determined people found one on the ship!  I’m getting skeptical about my elbow (OUCH -as sleep evades me for pain) so I guess I will  celebrate skeptics day.  It sure feels like Friday the 13th.

love today’s quote.

to answer  a question from yesterday - i am in a sling.  A wrapping and rigid thing under my arm and elbow.

my apple air tags told me my luggage was at our airport but there were no calls to deliver it.  A kind neighbour was chauffeuring me to drop off medical reports to my doctor for the appointment for next week and a couple of groceries and she said let’s go get it so we did.  Sheesh no one said anything when i picked it up.  Anyone could have taken it IMO.

I am blessed with kind neighbours and friends - 1 picked me up from the airport and got me bread,etc.  another picked up ice melt for me, another brought cut up chicken, muffins, chowder, etc and opened cans for me and another is helping me with medical dvd’s and picking up my mail.

the miserable storm started early this morning.  Thankfully, there is nothing i need and nothing to go out for.

this one finger typing is for the birds.  Takes forever and too many typos 😠 

prayers for all who need them especially Kathi & Sarah.

Thank you for your prayers 🙏 for our Sarah.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 for quick healing for your elbow.

I only ever type with my forefinger on my mobile phone.

I am getting used to this as I have never used my laptop while posting on CC.

I guess it is a man thing.🤔.

Very best wishes.

Screenshot_20221224_105757.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 17