The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday January 13th, 2023

rafinmd

7 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Friday the 13th Fleet Report/Daily.

I try not to be too skeptical. I hope everyone's dreams come true. I'll salute national rubber ducky day; we had a large one here a few years ago, on the river. Good quote. I'll pass on the meal (not big on salmon), and drink; yes to the pinot noir if someone buys it for me.

I haven't been to Nafplio, but I have been to the Acropolis at Mycenae.

It's colder here today, in the low 30'sF, with snow flurries. Not much on my agenda, just continuing to try to organize the house. I find I don't get as much done on dull, dreary days; I prefer sunlight coming into the house.

@ottahand7 Enjoy Lima. And that meal looks great.

@grapau27 Continued prayers for Sarah, you and Pauline.

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad to hear you were safe from the tornados. Scary!

@kazu Wonderful to see you posting on the Daily! Thank goodness for you neighbor driving you to do errands you needed to do, and other neighbors helping you out. And I'm glad you got your luggage back. Prayers for less pain and good healing.

@aliaschief Thanks for the food photos.

@smitty34877 I'm glad your niece and family are ok. Thanks for the picture of Camilla; she's a big girl now!

@*Miss G* Thanks for the Nafplion photos.

@rafinmd Thanks for our lists. Condolences on the loss of the firefighter's son. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Good news that the heat pump is still working. Lovely Nafplion photos.

@marshhawk Good that you're ok from the storms. Sorry to hear about the serious nosebleed. 

@Cruising-along I just got Netflix about a month ago; first I binge watched The Great British Baking Show, now I'm on to The Crown. Thanks for the Nafplion photos.

@Cruzin Terri Good that the house is coming along, although I'm sorry you and Jim have been on your own recently. I hope the PMR quiets down; are you back on Prednisone?

@USN59-79 I'm glad the leg is coming along well and you no longer need the bulky boot. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

In honor of Rubber Ducky Day, a photo of one on the Ohio River.

PA210013.thumb.JPG.f54cac83e1bae048cb05b88d46e6dbcf.JPG

Thank you Vanessa.

Graham.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, summer slope said:

Sqrrl Apple Day cocktail:

Ingredients
1 ½ parts SQRRL® Peanut Butter Whiskey
1 ½ parts Apple Cider
¾ part Fresh Lemon Juice
½ part Maple Syrup
Garnish: Fresh Apple Slices, Cinnamon

Instructions
Combine ingredients into an ice-filled shaker and shake until well chilled. Strain into rocks glass over fresh ice. Garnish with an apple slice and sprinkle with cinnamon.

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 8.32.55 AM.png

I love peanut butter and this sounds so good to me right now.

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

This came last night from my other niece,the grandma.

Camilla is 18 months

11243.jpeg

What a gorgeous little lady she is!  Thank you for sharing!

Dr. visit went very well.  A1C was 5.4!!!!   And that is right after the holidays!  The doctor was excited because I lost two pounds.  I told him not to get too excited because this was a morning reading and the last one was afternoon.  You always weigh more in the afternoon than in the morning.

@kazu I am thrilled your neighbor took you to rescue the errant suitcase.  Maybe it will learn its lesson and go where it is supposed to go now.  Now, we need to tackle that pain issue.

Best wishes to Sarah and Kathi for quick recoveries.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning Everyone!

I tend to be skeptical at times, but I hide it well.  Many years of hearing implausible stories in my line of work tended to make me that way!

I am so tired of playing Covid dodgeball, trying to not take anything to our elderly parents.  About 10 days ago, Hubby caught a bad head cold, didn't feel well for several days.  He tested a couple of times for Covid and was negative.  He was improving (the head cold) but seemed to be short of breath with any activity and blood pressure was up.  Unable to get an appointment with doctor so he went to Emergency yesterday  (he later text me to let me know where he was!)

They ran some cardiac tests to rule out heart problems and did a CT of his lungs.  Well everything was negative except the lung scan, it showed the typical "Covid changes" in his scan.  So last week he had Covid even though tests were negative.  So hopefully he didn't share it with anyone, I feel fine, but worry I may have "carried" it to the folks, with out being sick.

I like the idea of the Salmon burgers the recipes look good.  But tonight we are scheduled for "left overs"  plenty to be used up!

Wishing everyone speedy healing and improved health!  Have a great weekend.

My Friday the 13th "Black Cat"  (Yes, she is on the table, and no she should not be.  First time in 5 years she broke the rule, not sure why she chose to do so!)

Denise

IMG-4306.JPG

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Rich, double-thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for your daily contribution! And thank you all for being here!

Today is the unfortunate anniversary of a maritime disaster. In 2012, the Costa Concordia capsized off the coast of Iso del Giglio, Tuscany with the total loss of 33 people: twenty seven passengers, five crew, and one salvage team member. Smithsonian Channel in the US will be broadcasting a program this evening  "Cruise Ship Down: Saving Concordia."

Stay Safe!

- Jack

I remember the day well Jack.

We were docked in Abu Dhabi sailing on RCL Brilliance of the sea's.

We were in the main shopping mall and everyone was talking about the Costa Concordia.

We rang my late dad and he had forgot what ship we were on and he was worried about us.

Sadly my dad died 22 days later.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Good Morning Everyone!

I tend to be skeptical at times, but I hide it well.  Many years of hearing implausible stories in my line of work tended to make me that way!

I am so tired of playing Covid dodgeball, trying to not take anything to our elderly parents.  About 10 days ago, Hubby caught a bad head cold, didn't feel well for several days.  He tested a couple of times for Covid and was negative.  He was improving (the head cold) but seemed to be short of breath with any activity and blood pressure was up.  Unable to get an appointment with doctor so he went to Emergency yesterday  (he later text me to let me know where he was!)

They ran some cardiac tests to rule out heart problems and did a CT of his lungs.  Well everything was negative except the lung scan, it showed the typical "Covid changes" in his scan.  So last week he had Covid even though tests were negative.  So hopefully he didn't share it with anyone, I feel fine, but worry I may have "carried" it to the folks, with out being sick.

I like the idea of the Salmon burgers the recipes look good.  But tonight we are scheduled for "left overs"  plenty to be used up!

My Friday the 13th "Black Cat"  (Yes, she is on the table, and no she should not be.  First time in 5 years she broke the rule, not sure why she chose to do so!)

Denise

IMG-4306.JPG

Lovely cat.

She looks like my late mam and dad's cat.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, dfish said:

I love peanut butter and this sounds so good to me right now.

What a gorgeous little lady she is!  Thank you for sharing!

Dr. visit went very well.  A1C was 5.4!!!!   And that is right after the holidays!  The doctor was excited because I lost two pounds.  I told him not to get too excited because this was a morning reading and the last one was afternoon.  You always weigh more in the afternoon than in the morning.

@kazu I am thrilled your neighbor took you to rescue the errant suitcase.  Maybe it will learn its lesson and go where it is supposed to go now.  Now, we need to tackle that pain issue.

Best wishes to Sarah and Kathi for quick recoveries.

Debbie, great test results.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Interesting photos Lenda.

They remind me of a few Greek ports we have visited.

Thank you, Graham.  Hoping Sarah will get her injections soon and start to feel better.  Keeping you, Pauline and Sarah in our thoughts.

4 minutes ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Good Morning Everyone!

Denise

IMG-4306.JPG

I'm sorry your DH had Covid, and I also hope you remain negative and did not spread it to anyone.  Your beautiful cat got on the table to pose for the picture.

I found the following two items on FB and thought our dog and cat lovers would enjoy them.

May be a cartoon of text that says '! 7a7 "Well, we're ready for the males' 100-meter freestyle, and I think we can rest assured tha most of these athletes will select the dog paddle."'

May be a cartoon

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

1 minute ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Debbie, great test results.

Thank you, Graham.  Hoping Sarah will get her injections soon and start to feel better.  Keeping you, Pauline and Sarah in our thoughts.

I'm sorry your DH had Covid, and I also hope you remain negative and did not spread it to anyone.  Your beautiful cat got on the table to pose for the picture.

I found the following two items on FB and thought our dog and cat lovers would enjoy them.

May be a cartoon of text that says '! 7a7 "Well, we're ready for the males' 100-meter freestyle, and I think we can rest assured tha most of these athletes will select the dog paddle."'

May be a cartoon

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.

The surgeon said he would put her down as an emergency and hopefully get an appointment in 1 week.

Usually it could be 16 weeks.

Graham.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Afternoon all, It’s definitely been a Friday the 13Th. The kitchen sink clogged up and dear brother has spent the morning working on it, he got the clog cleaned out and now he is trying to get it back together. 🤞

The little fur babies are growing bigger. Tux now weighs 7 pounds and TT is 5 pounds. Trouble had a vet appointment for dental work and needs more in March. They are all on meds which is a struggle to get in them. 
   I hope everyone has a good day ❤️🙏

• Like 15

Thank you all for caring and sharing.  Prayers 🙏 for everyone who needs them.  Cheers 🎉 for all the celebrations.

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

For those of you who use air tags do you put them in something, like a shoe in your suitcase?

I bought AirTag holders (the AirTags are so small I want to locate them easier) and then put the AirTag in a suitcase pocket. Never on the outside. 
DD66225E-DCE7-409F-A662-2E2F4134B967.thumb.jpeg.d2528ca31c090575666617b8eee89324.jpeg

Edited by dobiemom
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 5

36 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Afternoon all, It’s definitely been a Friday the 13Th. The kitchen sink clogged up and dear brother has spent the morning working on it, he got the clog cleaned out and now he is trying to get it back together. 🤞

The little fur babies are growing bigger. Tux now weighs 7 pounds and TT is 5 pounds. Trouble had a vet appointment for dental work and needs more in March. They are all on meds which is a struggle to get in them. 
   I hope everyone has a good day ❤️🙏

If you are giving them pills try pill pockets.  I have to give River her pill twice a day and that is the only way she’ll take the pill.  They have chicken, salmon and catnip flavored pockets.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@1ANGELCAT I have a terrible time trying to pill the fur babies.  I used to have a rather large friend, who could never find clothes to fit him, so he bought and wore scrubs.  The cats I had then (this was many years ago) thought he was a vet, and they had no problem with him giving them pills.  Guess I need to buy some scrubs, because these current fur babies, are terrors.

We had salmon last night.  I usually buy farm raised from the Faroe Islands, but wanting to change the game up I bought King Salmon.  Denser and less fatty.  But very tasty.

Tonight is roasted carrots (the tri colored ones) BBQ ribs, made a dry rub, then covered in mild chili sauce.  Will add BBQ sauce after two hours, then go back to chili, then back to BBQ and put under the broiler to finish the glaze.  I threw in some bacon bits, celery leaves, green onions and chopped celery.  I have no idea if this will work, but will let you know how the flavor turned out tomorrow.  It will have texture.

@dfishGreat A1C results!  Is there a cut off of low?  When it gets too low?  I have no idea.

I have a cruise to Greece for next year.  It has a list of I think 8 ports.  Starts in Rome, ends in Rome.  It's on another cruise line.  But the cruise does not show anymore.  And three ports have no excursions listed at all.  I called the cruise line to verify that the cruise still exists.  It is not listed in the 1500 plus list of CCL cruises for this year.  She said it was my computer, and as long as I have a confirmation, I have a cruise.  I'm still worried.  You would think that excursions for those 3 ports would start showing up.  I guess, I may see some of Greece, but they have changed the itinerary, and if the ship was full and that's why it doesn't show, then maybe they are not going to tell us of any changes until it's too late to cancel.  Wouldn't matter, I'm doing the TA back on the same ship.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

I do participate in the duck exchange program on CCL.  It really makes for an interesting cruise.  Finding ducks where you least expect to, and checking to see if the ones you hid had been found.

In Chatham MA on the Cape there is a store dedicated to nothing but rubber duckies-I should have bought some, but I would have wanted them all, so it was easier to say no to them all.

image.thumb.jpeg.00b4e9604f3241a22587eeefef1232ae.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

But do you have to snorkel for your lobster ?

Called Lobster and Champagne Tour. Six hour tour sailing along beautiful shoreline with two beach stops for swimming. 
They grilled the lobster onboard caterman then set up tables and chairs and they served us lunch on plates. Large catamaran that holds quite a lot of folks but we all found space. Beverages alcohol, beer, wine and bubbly included.

First time Antigua and it’s beautiful.

image.thumb.jpeg.a201970cc7fe343021097ed5a42f0630.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9bf76ae1ea64c29c677da712f010d1bd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1d4dca082be12e140d5625eb8c11535a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4f8cfe2f8add7be8cdb5483030e6f8fa.jpeg

Excuse my thumb!🙁

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Called Lobster and Champagne Tour. Six hour tour sailing along beautiful shoreline with two beach stops for swimming. 
They grilled the lobster onboard caterman then set up tables and chairs and they served us lunch on plates. Large catamaran that holds quite a lot of folks but we all found space. Beverages alcohol, beer, wine and bubbly included.

First time Antigua and it’s beautiful.

image.thumb.jpeg.a201970cc7fe343021097ed5a42f0630.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9bf76ae1ea64c29c677da712f010d1bd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1d4dca082be12e140d5625eb8c11535a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4f8cfe2f8add7be8cdb5483030e6f8fa.jpeg

Excuse my thumb!🙁

Thanks for the information. Wow, looks great. Our cruise in March has a similar tour and I will look into. Like the beaches there. But once did a sail and snorkel from a cat and it was not great. Took us to a reef that was completely bleached and no fish!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

I do participate in the duck exchange program on CCL.  It really makes for an interesting cruise.  Finding ducks where you least expect to, and checking to see if the ones you hid had been found.

In Chatham MA on the Cape there is a store dedicated to nothing but rubber duckies-I should have bought some, but I would have wanted them all, so it was easier to say no to them all.

image.thumb.jpeg.00b4e9604f3241a22587eeefef1232ae.jpeg

and my mom's favorite expression was "Aint't that ducky".  If she were alive she would have fun looking for the ducks on a ship

• Like 11

@StLouisCruisersI am assuming you are still without power.  If you want to come up and stay with us and the cats, you and the hubby are more than welcome.  Tomorrow night will be even colder.

Tazi was hurt that I didn't post a picture of her on the 13th.  She used to be my office cat, but she has retired, and spends her time hiding from Furnando.

image.thumb.jpeg.eae5eeea4eb994e627dcf36f74c5a8f3.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good evening!  It'd be terrible of me not to stop by and say hello, I was reading through the LCS thread and wow, am I disappointed in that bit of news.  Hopefully some type of similar alternative will be available, the classical music was always the highlight of our cruises.  

Dear Dad and I are doing fine.  We had a nice Christmas that we had to host and man was it a lot of work from the decorating to the cooking, although that part was a waste, we don't eat like we used to, and a lot of leftover food was thrown out in the end.  We've already made the decision to cater if we do it again next year.  Health-wise, No ER visits or hospital stays the last few months.  Currently we're waiting for the V.A. to deliver a hoyer lift and wheelchair, then PT will come back in for a month or so and train us on the equipment.  Even better news, a spot finally opened in the primary care at home program, I believe they got more funding, the need for better home health care is one of the few good things that came out of the pandemic.  However, we still got the townhouse stairs to contend with and we're considering a move to a 55+ community where all floor plans are designed on one level, that'll be either this year or next.  

I'm trying to figure out if we can handle a cruise.  Poor Dad has to sit there all day and watch commercial after commercial for wave season.  I know he terribly wants to go somewhere, but I have mixed feelings about it.  For one thing, it'll be far different than anything we've experienced in the past because of his disability, however if his CKD remains stable like it has been, it's possible.  We're looking at Oceania for the smaller ships, we're looking at NCL because of the Haven.  We're looking at Neptunes on HAL of course, anything that meets our wheelchair needs due to the lack of accessible staterooms, which never seem to be available on the sailings we're considering.  We were really interested in the 28 day arctic circle itinerary in 2024, but....the cost to rent equipment for that length of time would almost get us another cruise, in reality that might be too long for DD to be away from his specialized bed and care team.  This is just the tip of the iceberg, there are countless other issues too numerous to get into here.

I sure hope all of you had a nice holiday season, whatever you celebrate.  And I hope your enjoying your cruises as well.  

Take care,

Bruno

• Like 8
  • Thanks 13