Marina

ronrick1943

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

you would not be disappointed going from Celeb to Marina...unless you were in a suite on a new Celeb ship...but even then...larger, noisier, etc....

Marina may be older, but the food is better and so it the clientele. You wont find numbers of kids, people are friendly and welcoming. The activities are fun without being immature. Yes belly flopping on C is immature to us. So is the newly not so newlywed game. Yeah will get roasted here , im sure there are people that love all that.  We dont.

We love everything about O. 

Thank you! We avoid those things on C, also!

7 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

When we were on Sirena in November, we had shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and bar soap. There was no liquid body soap. I'm not sure if there ever is, and I didn't care enough to remember to ask the room attendants. But it was a first for us for a cruise. We'll be on Riviera in March and see what they have then.

I would prefer that they put wall-mounted dispensers in the showers for shampoo, conditioner, and body wash to reduce the use of plastic bottles.  

Same here on Sirena in October.  But I asked for body wash, and they found me some, and kept us supplied.  This is the first time we've not had body wash already in the cabin.

7 hours ago, Spotbattman said:

There are 3 varieties of Bulgari products. Green Tea, Blue Tea and White Tea. From information I have found, they are all available- just ask for your preference. 

There is Red also, but generally only seen in the gift sets given to the Top Suites, not that I would know, but I've seen pictures of them. 

• Like 2

On 1/24/2023 at 12:53 AM, CruiseLibra said:

On the Sirena in November we had no problem with the bathroom amenities. When staff noticed that we had opened one of the products they left another for us. There was no rationing. 

We were on Marina in December and  the soap was replaced every other day ,I put the unopened ones in the glass mirror and by the end of the cruise had 9 unopened bars of soap ??

On Marina last December, in an outside cabin, there was no body wash in the bathroom. I asked for it and our cabin attendant brought me a few bottles. Over the course of the 14 day cruise he brought me extra bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and bars of soap. I took all the excess home and now have enough in my home for the next 12 months.

• Haha 1

I've never asked for anything on O that wasn't brought promptly by our cabin steward.  On Marina in December, I asked for a lounge chair for our standard veranda balcony.  It was a tight squeeze, but our cabin steward didn't bat an eye.  He simply made it work.  I don't have any complaints about soaps or shampoos.  We had plenty....and if we didn't, we would have asked for more.

Happy to leave Marina after more than 50 days! It is a very worn ship. Our AC didn‘t work and they couldn’t fix it! Hot in Brazil, cold in Antartica! The Balcony door didn‘t close! No chance for a repair. each 3rd day the same food on menu.

We are booked on Vista and will cancel. 

We know about we speak because we did more than 25 Cruises on Oceania! 

17D7DFC3-EC69-4F25-822C-C572CE2F9D51.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, urlaub said:

Happy to leave Marina after more than 50 days! It is a very worn ship. Our AC didn‘t work and they couldn’t fix it! Hot in Brazil, cold in Antartica! The Balcony door didn‘t close! No chance for a repair. each 3rd day the same food on menu. We are booked on Vista and will cancel. 

Always good to know the objective issues.

Just curious, what cabin were you in (# and type). Did an A4 (9136) on Riviera 12/2021, pre-2022 refit and found here to be quite nice. 

2 hours ago, urlaub said:

Happy to leave Marina after more than 50 days! It is a very worn ship. Our AC didn‘t work and they couldn’t fix it! Hot in Brazil, cold in Antartica! The Balcony door didn‘t close! No chance for a repair. each 3rd day the same food on menu.

I find this interesting, was the GM unwilling to make anything right? Were you offered any compensation? Who was the GM? The menu repeated every 3 days or there were items that were available every 3 days? Big difference. 

Edited by ORV
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, urlaub said:

What was your cabin number? I'm booked on Marina this summer and want to be sure I have A/C. Thanks!

The patio door not closing will affect the room temperatures!

Interesting that they didn’t move you to a different cabin. The ship is not very full. The cruise starting today, and ours in 2.5 weeks are wide open with available cabins all the way back to Miami. I think any request for a different cabin would be meet. In fact, that door would probably be forced closed and kept that way.

We didn‘t get any compensation. The room was the balcony wheelchair accessible. There is only one more but it was occupied. There was no other person who was all time confined in a wheelchair. Only my husband but they were unwilling to find a solution. The GM was Evan Willemse. He was unwilling to talk with us. Unusual for Oceania before Covid. The standard phrase at reception about any question was: We do not assist handicapped!