Marina

ronrick1943

8 hours ago, janecambridge said:

Not quite soap dish, but allowance of  one shampoo each a week in concierge on Christmas sail. ! 

So  are you saying if you run out before the week is up you are not given another bottle??

1 hour ago, ToxM said:

It used to be that you got a new one every day, then you had to get half way down and a new one appeared, now it seems like you need to have run out and ask for one. 

I never gotten a new bottle every day   maybe when it was half full

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

So  are you saying if you run out before the week is up you are not given another bottle??

On the December  4, 2022  cruise, when we ran low on conditioner, they brought us 2 more bottles each of shampoo, condition and lotion. 

• Like 1

How much of this is Oceania trying to be environmentally responsible?  Do they try to fill up empty bottles, and limit the number of bottles in existence. This plastic is possible going into our drinking water eventually.  Not a fan!  All our supplies: soap, shower gel, conditioner, lotion and sha!ve gel/conditioner were furnished regularly on our Nov../Dec Marina cruise.  No complaint!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sailfar said:

How much of this is Oceania trying to be environmentally responsible?  Do they try to fill up empty bottles, and limit the number of bottles in existence. This plastic is possible going into our drinking water eventually.  Not a fan!  All our supplies: soap, shower gel, conditioner, lotion and sha!ve gel/conditioner were furnished regularly on our Nov../Dec Marina cruise.  No complaint!

Maybe they are trying to save on the amount of little bottles of stuff  getting thrown out at the end of your cruise  or people taking the new full bottles home ???

Maybe they will put the refillable pump system in like on other lines

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe they are trying to save on the amount of little bottles of stuff  getting thrown out at the end of your cruise  or people taking the new full bottles home ???

😱😥

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

or people taking the new full bottles home ???

People take them home? 😇 well I’d hate to waste any of it.  I hate the refillable pumps, other people have touched them, and probably haven’t been sanitized.  

• Like 5

The shops now sell shower wash/gel, don’t know if they did before as I never felty like I was being rationed!

You can get L’Occitane or some generic cheaper stuff. We went for the cheaper stuff as it was a bigger bottle and we were in the Caribbean and there was a lot of showering going on. 

I can imagine if you are in a PH or higher they literally fling the stuff at you as we never had this prob in March on Sirena. 

5 hours ago, ORV said:

People take them home? 😇 well I’d hate to waste any of it.  I hate the refillable pumps, other people have touched them, and probably haven’t been sanitized.  

I take the open bottles home   but leave the new unopened ones

Yes I hate those pump dispensers in the shower  also

20 hours ago, LSuzQ said:

Gee, based on recent comments, I’m beginning to question my scheduled “upgrade” trip from Celebrity to first time Oceania on Marina! 😃 

Ignore the comments. We are Elite + on Celebrity and have sailed O 7 times. You will love it.

• Like 6

On 1/23/2023 at 1:12 AM, ORV said:

And you really don’t know what is in them—-things happen!

• Like 1

On Marina Dec 2022.  Got replacement toiletries as needed. If I asked for anything, it happened.  The soap dish near sink doesn’t drain.  After a few days, the soap is mushy.  Often got a new bar of soap.  One strange thing was no choice of scents in toiletries.  We got the green. Was told there wasn’t any blue.  Also,  we noticed replacements were strange. Some had bottles and caps that didn’t match.  White scented shampoo in a bottle with green cap or the opposite.  Wondering why.  

When we were on Sirena in November, we had shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and bar soap. There was no liquid body soap. I'm not sure if there ever is, and I didn't care enough to remember to ask the room attendants. But it was a first for us for a cruise. We'll be on Riviera in March and see what they have then.

I would prefer that they put wall-mounted dispensers in the showers for shampoo, conditioner, and body wash to reduce the use of plastic bottles.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

When we were on Sirena in November, we had shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and bar soap. There was no liquid body soap. I'm not sure if there ever is, and I didn't care enough to remember to ask the room attendants. But it was a first for us for a cruise. We'll be on Riviera in March and see what they have then.

I would prefer that they put wall-mounted dispensers in the showers for shampoo, conditioner, and body wash to reduce the use of plastic bottles.  

do not recall ever having body wash on O

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Not a fan

• Like 1

On 1/23/2023 at 3:46 PM, LSuzQ said:

Gee, based on recent comments, I’m beginning to question my scheduled “upgrade” trip from Celebrity to first time Oceania on Marina! 😃 

Us too…..in fact we decided to cancel they booking we made and staying with Silversea.

you would not be disappointed going from Celeb to Marina...unless you were in a suite on a new Celeb ship...but even then...larger, noisier, etc....

Marina may be older, but the food is better and so it the clientele. You wont find numbers of kids, people are friendly and welcoming. The activities are fun without being immature. Yes belly flopping on C is immature to us. So is the newly not so newlywed game. Yeah will get roasted here , im sure there are people that love all that.  We dont.

We love everything about O. 

• Like 4