Changing items on mini bar on Royal Princess now done by steward

Shelly97060

I am on Royal Princess and they have changed the protocol to trade mini bar items.  Now instead of calling room service to request the changes your cabin steward handles it.  I was told the change was made because room service is very busy with the Ocean Now deliveries.

I don’t know if this is fleet wide or unique to Royal.  Just FYI 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

I am on Royal Princess and they have changed the protocol to trade mini bar items.  Now instead of calling room service to request the changes your cabin steward handles it.  I was told the change was made because room service is very busy with the Ocean Now deliveries.

I don’t know if this is fleet wide or unique to Royal.  Just FYI 😄

Thanks for the heads up. We'll ask Stewart when we are on the Sky in a few weeks. The Room Service line is usually very busy that first day, but then so are the stewards, so we'll see if this improves things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dunk said:

Just off the Discovery, and it was handled by the steward. Much easier/quicker. 

I was just off the Dicovery with B2B from Jan7 to 21. and in both cases it was handled by room service. The person that picked up the items was also from room service.

Edited by ldtr

On 1/18/2023 at 4:38 PM, Shelly97060 said:

I was told the change was made because room service is very busy with the Ocean Now deliveries.

While I can see how Room Service was too busy, it now seems as if this guy named Stewart is even busier! 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, rollingjay said:

Can anyone tell me exactly what is included in the mini bar setup?  This is our first time receiving it.  Thanks!

What is "theoreticlly" included in the mini bar setup and what is "actually" delivered these days can be very different.

From the original Princess Mini Bar FAQ:

Elite Mini-Bar FAQ

Elite Mini-Bar Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?
Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

In the past, people got this setup. We haven't received this setup ever. We only cruised as Elite one time before the shutdown and we got a weird setup with lots of beer and no Cognac. We have only cruised twice since the restart and both times have received a "mystery" setup. There has been a lack of at least one type of liquor with extra beer instead.

The Scotch provided with the setup is only fit for mixed drinks. If you are a straight scotch drinker you will be disappointed. You can swap out for other things but may be told they aren't available.

On 1/26/2023 at 12:12 PM, birdiebill said:

Enchanted Princess mini bar switch done by room steward also January 18th.

On 1/26/2023 at 12:15 PM, dog said:

Last May- Discovery, October Enchanted - done by room steward for us.

We used room service & never realized that the cabin steward did the change. 🤨

Having know that I would have had him done it since just getting through to room service is a job in itself. 

On 1/26/2023 at 3:19 PM, Thrak said:

What is "theoreticlly" included in the mini bar setup and what is "actually" delivered these days can be very different.

From the original Princess Mini Bar FAQ:

Elite Mini-Bar FAQ

Elite Mini-Bar Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?
Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

In the past, people got this setup. We haven't received this setup ever. We only cruised as Elite one time before the shutdown and we got a weird setup with lots of beer and no Cognac. We have only cruised twice since the restart and both times have received a "mystery" setup. There has been a lack of at least one type of liquor with extra beer instead.

In the 13 cruises since turning Elite (all pre-Covid) the list of drinks shown above is what we've gotten almost every time.  On one occasion we got Canadian Club instead of Scotch.  We tend to swap out for our beverages of choice.  We'll see what we get on our next cruise ...

On 1/28/2023 at 1:41 PM, antsp said:

To be fair, when passengers are arriving, how busy can the room steward really be

They are turning over rooms, introducing themselves, handling specific requests, getting sparkling wine and wine splits as well as canapes to suites and mini suites ( plus explaining all of the amenities and the hand holding required to those rooms)...

On 1/28/2023 at 9:19 PM, GOLDENBONNY said:

Our mini Bar was empty on Regal. nothing in it. 

Were you either elite or in a suite? If not it would be empty...

• Like 1