The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday January 19th, 2023

rafinmd

43 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

I'll be checking this out so thanks for the link.  Looks interesting!

41 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Sandi, this is the one I purchased thanks to Carolyn. 
F407E784-4E5E-4AEE-B4EF-69F8E4507D92.thumb.jpeg.943779332c7ad69a2d5d0acf52c5ff9b.jpeg

I have severe arthritis in my hands and can use this. 

Sharon, I'll check this one out, too.  I'm glad it's helping you out especially with the arthritis.

38 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Prayers please...I just learned that our 2nd cousin in Savannah on DH's side is in the ICU.  This is the same relative who has been waiting for a kidney (Roy @rafinmdI think of her as a "niece" not a cousin, sorry for the confusion).  She's only in her early 40's. 

She has a multitude of problems, most caused by her Lupus.  She was having a long-awaited knee surgery yesterday and arrested during the surgery.  She hasn't woken up and they say she has brain damage. 😞  So much for that family to bear, and she has 2 young daughters at home.

Carolyn @Cruising-alongI am so very sorry to hear of the latest health crisis for your 2nd cousin.  Prayers the news from the doctors isn't as bad as they first thought and strength for the family members.

17 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

I have this one and it works really well for me.

Susan

Good to hear your opinion, too, Susan.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

And I just ordered one too.....getting things ready for my inevitable shoulder replacement....

• Like 15

15 minutes ago, Rowsby said:

And I just ordered one too.....getting things ready for my inevitable shoulder replacement....

Did you notice different colors have different prices?  I wouldn't need a particular color so would choose one of the cheaper priced ones.  Going to show to DH and see if he'd like to pick one up.

• Like 11

Just now, StLouisCruisers said:

Did you notice different colors have different prices?  I wouldn't need a particular color so would choose one of the cheaper priced ones.  Going to show to DH and see if he'd like to pick one up.

Didn't notice that. Interesting. I have had mine for several years and have no idea what I paid for it.

Susan

• Like 10

5 hours ago, NextOne said:

We bought a genuine fake Rolex there for our son as a gag gift many years ago. It still works!!

My Mom bought a fake Rolex on vacation somewhere and she loved it!  It ran for at least 10 years.

She got a bit braggy...lol! She was in her early 70's and loved the trip she bought it on. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Prayers please...I just learned that our 2nd cousin in Savannah on DH's side is in the ICU.  This is the same relative who has been waiting for a kidney (Roy @rafinmdI think of her as a "niece" not a cousin, sorry for the confusion).  She's only in her early 40's. 

She has a multitude of problems, most caused by her Lupus.  She was having a long-awaited knee surgery yesterday and arrested during the surgery.  She hasn't woken up and they say she has brain damage. 😞  So much for that family to bear, and she has 2 young daughters at home.

I am so sorry to hear this and send my prayers as well.Lupus is a devastating disease.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Oh no.  That is so sad.  Prayers coming your way.

Roy

Thank you Roy, yes it's very sad.  She's been through so much.

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Yes I have to turn the knob. Gosh, I should have bought yours!

Sharon you can still get that one, I think it would be easier for you. 🙂  

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Carolyn, so sorry to hear this news. Lupus can cause terrible health issues. And then to have this arrest during surgery is just tragic. Prayers for her and the whole family.

Thank you so much, Vanessa. The family appreciates the prayers.

50 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I'm glad your family made it safely to Bangkok even if it was a delayed arrival.  Phuket is a lovely resort area, and they should find a lot to entertain the boys.  I like your rug too.  So many of the ones I saw were to "busy" for me.  I like more tailored things.  Love the before and after pictures of Ephesus.

Carolyn, how horrible for your "niece" and her family.  Sending positive thoughts for the best possible outcome to a very bad situation.

Lenda

Lenda I agree about the "busy" designs.  I saw this one and immediately knew it was right for me.  We must have similar tastes.

Thank you for the positive thoughts for Patricia and the family.  Very bad situation 😞  

47 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Carolyn @Cruising-alongI am so very sorry to hear of the latest health crisis for your 2nd cousin.  Prayers the news from the doctors isn't as bad as they first thought and strength for the family members.

Thank you Sandi. I'm hoping for better news, but it's hard to be optimistic.

42 minutes ago, Rowsby said:

You will be so glad you got it!  

13 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

I am so sorry to hear this and send my prayers as well.Lupus is a devastating disease.

Thank you so much, Terry.  Very much appreciated.  

2 minutes ago, dfish said:

@Cruising-along What devastating news about your cousin.  Hugs and more hugs and prayers and healing thoughts to her and her family as well as you.

Thank you Debbie.  I learned this right after we were messaging this morning.  I think I'm in shock.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

OMG - thank you for this.  I will be able to open cans and not fuss with the lid with the slightly pricier version (just a few dollars) and auto stop.  One handed bandit - Canadian site but more but I won’t have to ask a neighbour to open my cans for me.

https://www.amazon.ca/Kitchen-Mama-Touch-Electric-Opener/dp/B083WL36T6/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=LNP6YPAQEFK1&keywords=mama+can+opener&qid=1674173761&sprefix=Mama+can%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&smid=A1ZFAVREAQHNDN&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzM1lWMERLTk9KMEVQJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTMzNzQ0M0tFQVhLU0pIRlNFUSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDg4Njg2WVdOSDdSQlk1T0YzJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Thank you 🙂 

• Like 14

OH NO!  

How horrible and sad. 😢 All my prayers for her, you and her family 😔 🙏🏻 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just returned from my physical therapy for the leg fracture.  Coming along well; I can walk OK with just the small brace and without a cane.  The doctor set me up with PT twice a week at a local therapy center.  Think it will get stronger faster with these exercises.  Wonder what to do with the big boot I wore for a month.  It is in pristine condition and looks too expensive to just throw away.  Any ideas?

Thinking of tin can day.  Assume everyone knows that cans are made of steel or aluminum (or aluminium for Graham) although some may have a tin plating.

Ray

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, rafinmd said:

No I haven't and that's very scary.  Myeloma seems like a very difficult cancer to treat without major complications.  I am trying to be optimistic but find it difficult, especially the idea of a stem cell transplant.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/multiple-myeloma/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20353383

Roy

Roy

Thank you for this link. I totally misread the name of the cancer. Mine was a melanoma. Totally different. 

Praying that Kathi’s is at the “do nothing” but monitor stage. 

Ann

• Like 10

Carolyn

I am so sorry to read this. Praying that she recovers completely. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Just returned from my physical therapy for the leg fracture.  Coming along well; I can walk OK with just the small brace and without a cane.  The doctor set me up with PT twice a week at a local therapy center.  Think it will get stronger faster with these exercises.  Wonder what to do with the big boot I wore for a month.  It is in pristine condition and looks too expensive to just throw away.  Any ideas?

Thinking of tin can day.  Assume everyone knows that cans are made of steel or aluminum (or aluminium for Graham) although some may have a tin plating.

Ray

Ray, just keep it stored somewhere because sure enough your friend, neighbor, wife or innumerable relatives will need one sooner or later.  My DD borrowed a knee scooter for foot surgery/injuries from her friend and said it is in constant use because so many people need it in their community.  She's lucky she was able to use it for a few weeks because her friend said everybody she knew was requesting it.🤷‍♀️

• Like 8

9 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good morning all,

We have another lovely and chilly day brewing here. Plan to visit Dad and work on a few projects. That includes the ongoing project of updating my email so I can dump EarthLink. Currently I’m getting some hundred spams a day, and the block list is full. 

Welcome to the Daily. 
Adding, I have a friend who’s husband had Multiple Myeloma. He had an early stem cell transplant- 25 years ago. He lived another 15 years afterward. The advances in treatment made are incredible.

Kathi said “myeloma”, a “blood” dyscrasia/ cancer, not melanoma, a cancer of skin cells. They sound a lot alike.😉😁

Have a great day everyone!

Thank you Laura.  I totally read it wrong. 

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Ray

Not sure where you are but in Kitsap County, Knights of Columbus has a donation site ---- they loan or give tons of DME to those in need.  Check out KCHelps.  You might have a similar organization by you.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Just returned from my annual cardiology evaluation. Cardiologist said my heart is working as advertised! Alway good news.

@Cruising-alongSorry to hear about your cousins medical condition!🙏

1 hour ago, kazu said:

OMG - thank you for this.  I will be able to open cans and not fuss with the lid with the slightly pricier version (just a few dollars) and auto stop.  One handed bandit - Canadian site but more but I won’t have to ask a neighbour to open my cans for me.

https://www.amazon.ca/Kitchen-Mama-Touch-Electric-Opener/dp/B083WL36T6/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=LNP6YPAQEFK1&keywords=mama+can+opener&qid=1674173761&sprefix=Mama+can%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&smid=A1ZFAVREAQHNDN&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzM1lWMERLTk9KMEVQJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTMzNzQ0M0tFQVhLU0pIRlNFUSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDg4Njg2WVdOSDdSQlk1T0YzJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Thank you 🙂 

Jacqui, I thought of you when I posted that!  Let us know how you like it. 🙂  

1 hour ago, kazu said:

OH NO!  

How horrible and sad. 😢 All my prayers for her, you and her family 😔 🙏🏻 

54 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Carolyn

I am so sorry to read this. Praying that she recovers completely. 

Thank you all for your prayers for our cousin Patricia.  The latest news is not good, I'm afraid.  The doctors don't think she will awaken from the coma and the MRI shows "considerable brain damage".  It's all unbelievably sad.  To fight the hard fight that she has, and this happens during knee replacement surgery.  😞  So young, and she always kept her sense of humor through all the years of medical problems.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 9

So this afternoon I was a bit frustrated and disappointed (I’m fine now). Got an email from NCL stating that our cruise on Feb 5 (NCL Encore) has a(nother) itinerary change: Our day at Great Stirrup Cay (one of their private islands) was changed to Nassau. 

~Frustrated because NCL had changed our day there a few months ago, from Monday (we would be the only ship) to Saturday along with their newest ship Prima. 

~Disappointed because we were sharing an Ocean Villa with friends and we’re looking forward to our own special private space. 

C'est la vie. 

So I think we (mom, sis, and her DH) will stay on the ship and just relax and pack since it will be our last day. I think our friends are doing the same. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List. Thank you all for caring and sharing. Stay safe and healthy everyone. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, USN59-79 said:

Ray

So glad you are recovering and doing well.  👍 Isn’t it great to get to take those things off and know you won’t be wearing them again?

When I no longer needed my brace (from 7 years back) and my boot previously, I donated them both to the bone unit of the hospital.  They have a programme there for those that cannot afford and have no insurance to lend them out.  They HAVE to be returned.  they sterilize them before they are lent out each time.

A friend or neighbour most likely won’t be able to use them unless they are the exact same fit as you.  

I was happy to be rid of mine and see them help someone else 🙂 

• Like 11

52 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you all for your prayers for our cousin Patricia.  The latest news is not good, I'm afraid.  The doctors don't think she will awaken from the coma and the MRI shows "considerable brain damage".  It's all unbelievably sad.  To fight the hard fight that she has, and this happens during knee replacement surgery.  😞  So young, and she always kept her sense of humor through all the years of medical problems.

I am so sorry, Carolyn.  Hugs to you.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Carolyn I’m sorry to hear of Patricia’s condition;  prayers continued for you and her family.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Carolyn, I'm so sorry about the devastating news about Patricia.  I was hoping the doctors were wrong and for better news.  Patricia, her family, the extended family including you and your DH are in our thoughts.  (((HUGS)))

Lenda

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1