The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday January 19th, 2023

rafinmd

Good morning, everyone!

It is a rainy day here.  I can hear the rain on the roof.  That's kind of scary because it has me running around making sure it isn't coming in the house.  So far, we are nice and dry inside.  

A power outage yesterday late afternoon/evening is still having some effects.  I met my DS and DBIL for dinner at a restaurant on the south side of town.  @StLouisCruisers Sandi, you might remember it - The Boulevard Lounge, also known as The Bully.  In order to get the car out of the garage I had to disconnect the garage door from the opener.  Now, I cannot get them to reconnect. That is this morning's project.  It is always something!  

Today's meal is bringing back memories of Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It looks good and I like turkey, but never think to eat it outside of the holidays.  This first recipe calls for a dry rub for the turkey breast before putting it in the slow cooker.  You also use garlic and onion as a "shelf" to keep the turkey breast out of the liquid.  https://www.recipetineats.com/juicy-slow-cooker-turkey-breast/

1683349608_slowcookerturkeybreast1.thumb.jpg.710cb1ecb5cb6c2af001789619d53de5.jpg

This next one also uses a rub, but it is an herb butter.  You also baste the turkey breast during cooking once the butter has melted.   https://www.wholesomeyum.com/crock-pot-slow-cooker-turkey-breast-recipe/

484162069_slowcookerturkeybreast2.thumb.jpg.4503edd2e9512007629bfb8cc85151e0.jpg

This next one cooks the turkey in a mixture of orange juice, cranberry sauce, and onion soup mix.  It looks wonderful.  And, the title says turkey breast, but the pictures say whole turkey.  If it is small enough, it can be done.  https://therecipecritic.com/slow-cooker-turkey-breast/

754272421_slowcookerturkeybreast3.thumb.jpg.d9f7d5bb229103b718f28a8bfd1d88bb.jpg

Last up we have a super easy recipe that uses Italian seasoning for the turkey.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/slow-cooker-turkey-breast/

353898531_slowcookerturkeybreast4.jpg.f2193b0633b3dd97dd5754ca3dcbed32.jpg

I think I'm going for number 3 based on looks alone.   Wishing you all a wonderful day.  Healing thoughts out to @kazu Jacqui, @ScrapnanaKathi, @smitty34877's Tana, and @grapau27's Sarah.  

• Like 21
  • Thanks 8

Good  morning. We have a rainy day here with ice and snow in the Northern  regions.I enjoy new friends and no longer eat popcorn but wish I could.Tin cans can be daunting  if one does not have a good can opener.I struggle with opening anything and have a collection of devices to use. I was once in my son's  kitchen trying to figure out their fancy can opener in vain.I had to go across to his neighbor to get the can open.Embarrassing!

@kazu, I am sorry about the cast but hope the pain is less.

@Mr. Boston, that is so exciting  about your retirement! 

We are a little  tired here this morning  as a smoke detector went off in the basement and woke the whole house.There was no fire,thankfully. It was very loud which is a good thing.Adrenaline was going too. SIL is checking all the batteries today.

Edited by smitty34877
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's 58F and cloudy with some showers expected this morning, and hopefully a sunny afternoon with a temp of 68.  A salute to popcorn, tin cans and making new friends.  I would like the menu suggestion.  No thanks to the drink and chardonnay.  Much appreciation to Rich @richwmnand Roy @rafinmdfor giving us the Daily and Fleet Report.  The port of Kusadasi, Turkey is a great one, and most of us went to see Ephesus so there should be lots of photos.  In fact, the first time we had Kusadasi was Jan. 13, 2022 and I had a busy morning away from home that day.  Therefore I posted only a few photos of the actual town of Kusadasi since there were was an abundance of Ephesus photos that day.  Even so, I'll look for a few photos of Ephesus to share.

Prayers for all on the Care list, and lets hope we get some good news about Kathi @Scrapnanasoon.  Good wishes for Jacqui, Tana, and Sarah today.  Cheers to all on the Celebration list!  

Here's the link to Rich's post from Jan. 13, 2022:

I loved our visit to Ephesus in Kusadasi, Turkey in November 2012 on Crown Princess.  We had a Cruise Critic roll call tour with a few of our fellow passengers.  But first our tour stopped at the final resting place of the Virgin Mary, located in the Solmissus Mountains.  

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLnqi2gtaM2VnnFMG0Zhvmr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356365864

"Pilgrims" leave their prayers on the wall outside her reconstructed home.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKxitOOhBI86TRt4E3OrBvj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356365889

I think he's got it covered here - draw closer to God, be a CEO of a company, marry a fair maiden and good health for his family.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLsQOZ5JzFliqPsU36AcUGQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356365912

On to Ephesus.  Our guide Filiz Capraz00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHx0beaGJGyBCii9fQCsOU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356368015

Bits and pieces of stone found at the site00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVImWY50d1ZO6PUp8bpiguYi?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356368064

Very cool00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJdeGAZs6IsyfpAMC7746Or?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356368077

Each column was different00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIAaqhP3xgHb0skXwiLWCma?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356368096

Wow!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKejwBdq6qFD-tsJo-zHQF9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356368179

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLArmszYKZ-bz-EVRu1SPjq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356366517

The Celsus Library00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLAbNLtGUInE3dxLfu-Xvos?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356366892

We went in to view the Terrace Houses which are covered to preserve them.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI_EuX-2ANY5UIWG--1QO2Y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356366641

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJv_bXdhHS_nvIKEAEH6tFZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356368496

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJC0K71rcYG8ph_TKpimcHM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356366796

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPrgdJiMQx3cOZO1_6ilKv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356366885

The Great Theater00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ28tDsz4Ih62vE3IauO1bw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356368775

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKgSa5XkA5xwnPbpeTzZON3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356368741

Great photos. Brings back many memories. We were also there in 2012 on a Princess ship. I think it embarked in Venice. Wait, StLouisCruiser, turn around, I think that’s me in line to go into building. 😀

I think someone told me that footprint in the stone gave men directions to the closest house of pleasure; true story but I wouldn’t know!

• Like 13
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning, I am a long time lurking and a fan of @Scrapnana cruise blogs. I had a friend and coworker who had a stem cell transplant for multiple myeloma 5 years ago and she is going strong today. It is very rough treatment but she is healthy enough to be Dean of a medical school. 

Thanks for letting me post and prayers for Kathi.

What a wonderful submission, especially on New Friends Day.

Roy

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

I've found a store that has pieces of turkey on a regular basis, so I pick up a package of thighs or drumsticks once in a while to stick in the freezer.   We had some at Christmas time and then again a couple of weeks later.  It's nice to have in the freezer for when I feel like cooking something a bit different.  I love popcorn and I used to make it on the stove a lot when I was younger.  Now I get either kettle corn or cheese  flavoured.  

The drink sounds good, but I would use a bit less rum. 

• Like 19

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Good  morning. We have a rainy day here with ice and snow in the Northern  regions.I enjoy new friends and no longer eat popcorn but wish I could.Tin cans can be daunting  if one does not have a good can opener.I struggle with opening anything and have a collection of devices to use. I was once in my son's  kitchen trying to figure out their fancy can opener in vain.I had to go across to his neighbor to get the can open.Embarrassing!

@kazu, I am sorry about the cast but hope the pain is less.

@Mr. Boston, that is so exciting  about your retirement! 

We are a little  tired here this morning  as a smoke detector went off in the basement and woke the whole house.There was no fire,thankfully. It was very loud which is a good thing.Adrenaline was going too. SIL is checking all the batteries today.

We have smoke detectors that like to go off while we are sleeping.  One of the recommendations I got was to use the brush attachment while running to remove any dust, or in our case fur, buildup.  It just takes a little dust or fur to trigger them. It seems to help.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6

Good Thursday Morning Dailyites!  The computer says 60 and cloudy. It is island storm warm this morning when I took the food out to the cats,  and it is VERY cloudy!

DH's eye infection is actually caused by the dropping lower eye lid,  the surgeon explained the surgery, the care time, and how the surgery will effect his face and vision, He is scheduled for surgery soon, by mid February she said, but they will call when the day is, and the surgery will be at one of the closer Emory hospitals.  Which is good.  Since he only has the one eye that actually sees, it will be a rough few days following the surgery.

@Mr. Bostonfunny_retirement_card_napping_calico_cat_card-r3075e5be84bf488187210b30c323842d_xvuat_8byvr_700.jpg

We will be in Kusadasi in October on our Greece and Turkey cruise.  Thank you for all the pictures!

Both DH and I are working split shifts today, and we will be off for one hour at the same time.  Dinner gets started by me and gets finished by him.  No turkey.  Chicken, and half a sweet potato.

I'm dreaming of a day off vacation day.  Last night when I got on the phones to call,  the problem that I had reported with the phones dialing, and was ignored, was now a major problem through out the company.  The phones were NOT dialing.  I got 1 complete call for every 10 that I started.  Failed to dial was the response, and after awhile it just was a futile experience.  I am starting a new campaign at 1 today, so I hope that they got that problem fixed!

kliban-c6.jpg

Have a great day!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all,

We have another lovely and chilly day brewing here. Plan to visit Dad and work on a few projects. That includes the ongoing project of updating my email so I can dump EarthLink. Currently I’m getting some hundred spams a day, and the block list is full. 

1 hour ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning, I am a long time lurking and a fan of @Scrapnana cruise blogs. I had a friend and coworker who had a stem cell transplant for multiple myeloma 5 years ago and she is going strong today. It is very rough treatment but she is healthy enough to be Dean of a medical school. 

Welcome to the Daily. 
Adding, I have a friend who’s husband had Multiple Myeloma. He had an early stem cell transplant- 25 years ago. He lived another 15 years afterward. The advances in treatment made are incredible.

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

I know I was very lucky. Not only was mine in such an early stage that I did not need chemo or radiation, it was a tiny spot on the top of my foot - so easy to remove surgically. I pray that Kathi’s is also an early stage.

Kathi said “myeloma”, a “blood” dyscrasia/ cancer, not melanoma, a cancer of skin cells. They sound a lot alike.😉😁

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

I'll definitely salute new friends, especially from the Daily, will have some popcorn tonight and use frozen food more than canned.  I love the Hill quote but have not been to Kusadasi,  The meal sounds nice, although it wouldn't be from a slow cooker.  My alternative is Orange and Avacado Carousel, Pene Primavera, and Mango-Blueberry Crisp as served on MS Prinsendam January 19, 2019:

dishes19.jpg

It will be a very hectic day with scout activities both afternoon and evening.

Today’s care list:

Kazu in cast until about 2/8
Grahaam’s Sarah waiting on needed injection
Scrapnana starting over on treatment
From the rotation:
HAL Sailer DBIL in final days and family squabbles
Rowsby in need of shoulder replacement
Marshhawk DH eye issues.
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Heavenly Birthday to Edgar Allen Poe
3 days for Heartgrove (Carnival Legend 1/22 to 1/29)
cruszn single in Hawaii until 1/31
Welcome back AncientWanderer
5 days to last treatment for Cruising-Along DH
Seasick Sailor and ger_77 (Rotterdam  to 1/25), DeeniEncinetas, and sailingdutchty   (Koningsdam  to 1/31),  lindaler and ottahand7(Volendam  to 3/18), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty,richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam  to 5/12) at sea

Roy

• Like 18
  • Thanks 10

4 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for the Fleet update and general info.

Destination of the Day, Ephesus. One of my favorite places. Was there many years ago and have included three photos of my visits.

The first photo is the ancient library. When I was there many years ago and entered the library the librarian came up to me and said, “Mr. RedneckBob, you have a book overdue.” I replied, are you kidding, how many days overdue and what’s the name of the book”. The librarian replied, “It is just under 2000 years overdue and the name of the book is “Rome for Dummies”. 😀

The second photo was the ancient public toilets. There was a sign posted on the wall behind the toilets that said no flushing required and please lower the lid when done.

The third photo was taken at the open air market once you left the ruins. No explanation required.

4BB19648-B36B-4B3A-AAF3-B3BCD4BFECFB.thumb.png.ef0b0c584c3d2a7a1506a939334ed349.pngC546AABA-7D96-402E-856C-BC5525CC059D.thumb.png.efb07d9568f519d3522e8c70e8194b6e.pngC513A602-F7A2-4F02-8C02-80C706DF0981.thumb.jpeg.2ff2115cd5fda6eba1ff9da427df0374.jpeg

We bought a genuine fake Rolex there for our son as a gag gift many years ago. It still works!!

• Like 10
  • Haha 11

27 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Thursday Morning Dailyites!  The computer says 60 and cloudy. It is island storm warm this morning when I took the food out to the cats,  and it is VERY cloudy!

DH's eye infection is actually caused by the dropping lower eye lid,  the surgeon explained the surgery, the care time, and how the surgery will effect his face and vision, He is scheduled for surgery soon, by mid February she said, but they will call when the day is, and the surgery will be at one of the closer Emory hospitals.  Which is good.  Since he only has the one eye that actually sees, it will be a rough few days following the surgery.

@Mr. Bostonfunny_retirement_card_napping_calico_cat_card-r3075e5be84bf488187210b30c323842d_xvuat_8byvr_700.jpg

We will be in Kusadasi in October on our Greece and Turkey cruise.  Thank you for all the pictures!

Both DH and I are working split shifts today, and we will be off for one hour at the same time.  Dinner gets started by me and gets finished by him.  No turkey.  Chicken, and half a sweet potato.

I'm dreaming of a day off vacation day.  Last night when I got on the phones to call,  the problem that I had reported with the phones dialing, and was ignored, was now a major problem through out the company.  The phones were NOT dialing.  I got 1 complete call for every 10 that I started.  Failed to dial was the response, and after awhile it just was a futile experience.  I am starting a new campaign at 1 today, so I hope that they got that problem fixed!

kliban-c6.jpg

Have a great day!

Sorry to hear your DH needs surgery on his eye but at least it will be soon and you guys can get it over with.  Hope it corrects that problem for him.  And good luck with the new campaign!

17 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good morning all,

We have another lovely and chilly day brewing here. Plan to visit Dad and work on a few projects. That includes the ongoing project of updating my email so I can dump EarthLink. Currently I’m getting some hundred spams a day, and the block list is full. 

Welcome to the Daily. 
Adding, I have a friend who’s husband had Multiple Myeloma. He had an early stem cell transplant- 25 years ago. He lived another 15 years afterward. The advances in treatment made are incredible.

Kathi said “myeloma”, a “blood” dyscrasia/ cancer, not melanoma, a cancer of skin cells. They sound a lot alike.😉😁

Have a great day everyone!

Thanks for straightening out the differences between the two cancers.  They do sound a lot alike.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I loved our visit to Ephesus in Kusadasi, Turkey in November 2012 on Crown Princess.  We had a Cruise Critic roll call tour with a few of our fellow passengers.

Great pics.  One spot I got a kick out of were the communal toilets 😂 

3 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report.  I like popcorn very much.  With a piece of string, two tin cans become two telephones.  It’s always a good day for new friends.  Today’s quote is especially appropriate as I will give my employer my retirement notice this morning.  The meal and drink sound very tasty.  Will be in today’s port this fall while on our retirement cruise.  Prayers for all on our prayer list especially @Scrapnana, I hope we get an update soon. Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!

1595B8BB-89FB-4352-8A81-69A25CB9C33E.gif.d8e798d5a58ad70ab3cd02de9fdb7777.gif

38 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

@kazu so sorry about the cast.  I will hang on the fact that it would likely have been a lot worse if you had not seen the surgeon when you did, any silver lining to hang on and your new Doctor is really a gem.

Roy

Thanks and, Yes, it would have been a lot worse if I hadn’t had the surgery.  As it is, waiting for insurance decision to refuse to pay made it nearly too late.  

And yes, both my doctor and orthopaedic surgeon are excellent.  I am very happy he agreed to take me on again.

His nurse (all his nurses in the bone room are male ) quizzed me on my second last name.  I told him it was my married name.  Finally he said I only know one person by that last  name - turned out he worked with Jose for 20 years so he really took good care of me.   

• Like 32

43 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

We have smoke detectors that like to go off while we are sleeping.  One of the recommendations I got was to use the brush attachment while running to remove any dust, or in our case fur, buildup.  It just takes a little dust or fur to trigger them. It seems to help.

Thanks for the tip.The basement apartment  recently had 2 kitties residing there with their humans so perhaps we can blame them.There are 4 kitties  next door but they have a larger area to roam.I did tell DSIL about the dust and fur.

• Like 17

Good morning. Sunny and cold. It was 6F when the dogs and I did a very, very short walk. We will head out again when it warms up although the high today is supposed to only be 27F. Light snow predicted for tomorrow.... it can skip us as far as I am concerned. With well over 2 feet on the ground any additions are unwelcome at present.

Jacqui... glad you have the new cast even if it a problem for awhile. Sounds like your doctors are really good. Like others, I would like to hear from Kathi but I know she has a lot on her plate just now. I hope she is getting good treatments and will be back to us soon.

Little going on here. I have to continue work on my living room which I tore apart to wash a rug. Will try to get  it back in some semblance of order today. I keep postponing my trips to the grocery store but will run out of something I need so I am going to pull myself together. Maybe tomorrow.

Susan

• Like 23

Good morning from sunny and windy central Texas.  It is currently 51F, but the north wind makes it seem even colder.  For some reason the computer is say it's 70F, and I'd like to know where the computer thinks it is.

We both like popcorn and will have it occasionally.  I also generally buy frozen food, but keep a stock of tin cans of things that can't be frozen easily.  I celebrate the new friends I've made on the Daily, and the new ones that join us.

The quote is pretty accurate.

We'll skip the meal and the wine.  A Hurricane would be nice, but only one.

We have been to Kusadasi three times on BHBs.  I'll look for the pictures I posted in a few minutes.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm glad the orthopedist visit went well, but ouch about the cast.  I hope it can come off in three weeks, or that the replacement cast is smaller.  I also hope the cast helps with the pain.   BTW, I'm not sure if an electric can opener would be easier now, since it generally takes two hands to operate an electric one.  It is a small world, and you were lucky the nurse had worked with Jose, and took good care of you.

@ottahand7  Nancy, thanks for the pictures from the Ballestas Islands.

@mamaofami  Carol, sorry about the FB hack.  I was hacked last spring with weird messages sent to friends.  We found out that Messenger can be a big problem with FB hacking.  I removed the Messenger app and no long use Messenger.

@cruising sister  Welcome to the Fleet/Daily, and I hope you will visit us again.  Thanks for the information about multiple myeloma.  I hope @Scrapnana Kathi will have as good an outcome as your friend did.

@smitty34877  Terry, we've had the smoke detectors in Quartzsite go off in the middle of the night, and it's worse since they are connected and if one goes off, all go off.  It turned out in our case there was a moth in the unit.  

@Mr. Boston  Congratulations on setting your retirement date, and getting the process started.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope DH's eye surgery goes well, and it is scheduled for the early part of February.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Welcome to the Daily and thank you for your personal experience with your friend. Prayers for Kathi. 🙏

• Like 18

We have been to Kusadasi and Ephesus three times on BHBs.  Two maybe three visits on the Prinsendam in 2016 were canceled along with the Black Sea cruise after the coup attempt in Turkey.  On our three visits we have been to Mary's House once, and Ephesus twice.  The third time we just walked around Kusadasi.  After our tours to Ephesus we were dropped at the rug store, but politely skipped the demonstration.  We did buy a small rug on the first time there.  It is hanging on the wall in the livingroom in Quartzsite.

I'm going to post my pictures from Mary's house and Ephesus here, and the ones from Kusadasi in another post.  We went in Mary's house, but were not allowed to take pictures.  I think it was because a priest was preparing to say Mass.

Mary's House

IMG_4646.thumb.JPG.0e7f946b69bbf1cebace4feca929dea8.JPG

Some of the people on our tour filling their vials with water from the fountain.

IMG_4647.thumb.JPG.64e60e2f399c6e47b3e4c02740049609.JPG

The wishing wall

IMG_4649.thumb.JPG.b256295283c491cd4cde6081a2496a40.JPG

And of course, the shopping opportunity

IMG_4652.thumb.JPG.5ca769b69939456e4ccf61b49a0334af.JPG

A different take on Ephesus -- some of the locals enjoying a nice day or looking for a belly rub

DSC06236.thumb.JPG.fc802786b9ee21c86c30ce5c4995ee9b.JPG

DSC06238.thumb.JPG.15f49b3969a1de33ea8ad82d259072df.JPG

DSC06240.thumb.JPG.59b241cd27dca3a585e7d5410f3cfeb9.JPG

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Kusadasi is an easy town to walk around unless you decide to climb up to the flag and statue of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk which a friend did.  We're not that adventurous.  While the vendors in the different stores and stalls wanted to sell us something, they were not as pushy as those in many places, especially if you took a minute to talk with them.  And many bargained, which is always good.

The fortress at the entrance to the harbor

DSC06270.thumb.JPG.bcf827c01df6248efd7ceefdf5fd5aaf.JPG

The statue of Ataturk, the founder of the modern, secular republic of Turkey after the fall of the Ottoman Empire. He became the first president of Turkey in 1923 and held the office until his death in 1938.  He was given the honorific Ataturk by the Turkish parliament in 1934.  The title Ataturk means "Father of the Turks".

DSC06276.thumb.JPG.e52c1c84245d22bbff140328bbfb1c0b.JPG

DSC07812.thumb.JPG.d7755963d4dc86f8775024c2f994ec8c.JPG

DSC06278.thumb.JPG.4048280b5b6e82349a1cada2a10ae348.JPG

The new cruise terminal and a dance troupe greeting us.

DSC06203.thumb.JPG.a6f0cc8be9a42571dc00da14feeeb780.JPG

Truth in advertising is good, and this was not the only store that had similar signs.

DSC07815.thumb.JPG.61d1daa8e12aec2cd8b09f0ddefe5a56.JPG

Scenes from our walks around town

DSC07817.thumb.JPG.417d9907d44a9cbd46927f3ae9000b0b.JPG

DSC07818.thumb.JPG.833256c37b77ab0b53f05ba105ca4a20.JPG

The mosque, which is located in an area near the port and surrounded by shopping streets.  You have to really look for the street that leads to the mosque.

DSC07819.thumb.JPG.0c5d6dd51626ea79665fe8d653c6dce5.JPG

DSC07820.thumb.jpg.4fa6e265fe9a05d72bf4d332a06bf9d1.jpg

DSC07821.thumb.JPG.285d8425b56dcd12ced6dfb6e0121589.JPG

The main street in front of the port, with shopping and restaurants

DSC07823.thumb.JPG.51703c27676d770c6d2773f567ac793c.JPG

A friendly merchant

DSC06269.thumb.JPG.5b7339ff760c7a71e1c4d02934cf2993.JPG

A pretty fountain near the entrance to the port arcade with many more shops, and where you can get private tours.

DSC07827.thumb.JPG.5bf287a17fc2c7700c304940b3c44fc3.JPG

Lenda

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I like popcorn. Tin cans are good for me to stock my pantry with long-lasting goods. I will celebrate the new friends I've made here on The Daily! I like the quote. I like the meal, but not for tonight. I'll be nothing by mouth after midnight until my test at 2:30 tomorrow! Love hurricanes, and I have my glass for it from NOLA. I'll pass on the wine.

I haven't been to Kusadasi.

It's in the 40's here now, but rainy and grey. A cold front is due to come in this evening, with possible thunderstorms, then rain changing to snow. I don't think much accumulation so my trip to get my endoscopy tomorrow should be ok. I had a bit more reaction to my injection yesterday, and had to take extra Benadryl. I took a non-sedating antihistamine this morning, so I wouldn't be so sleepy today.

@rafinmd Thank you for starting us up and our lists. Hopefully @Scrapnana Kathi has a more easily treatable form of MM. I had some abnormal protein found and see a hematologist; fortunately MM has been ruled out so far, after a bone marrow test and skeletal survey. But it was a scary time and I still get follow-up tests (getting some tomorrow).

@RedneckBob Thanks for the photos. I'd love to visit there.

@Mr. Boston Congrats on your coming retirement!

@kazu Sorry about the cast, but whatever gets you back to complete function has to be endured. And I'm glad you got to see your previous Ortho doc.

@StLouisCruisers Wonderful photos.

@aliaschief I hope all goes well with the cardiology evaluation.

@cruising sister Welcome to the Daily.

@smitty34877 That would be frightening, hearing the smoke alarm in the middle of the night. I hope Tana is continuing to feel better.

@marshhawk I hope DH's eyelid surgery helps a lot.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos.

Prayers for the Care List and Ukraine, and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5