Filet Mignon on Kid’s Menu

Jolly Mon Sings

I had it several times last month on the Reflection. I just got on the Equinox today and asked if it was available. The waiter did not know but said she would check. I’ll follow up with her tomorrow. It’s not on the the children’s menu on the app. 

I asked for it when we were on the Solstice in September and was told it was no longer available, only sirloin.

It was available on the Reflection in April and May when we did B2B for 25 days. It was always my go to. That is why I was so disappointed. We were in MDR.

On 1/20/2023 at 1:15 PM, Wineduck said:

On the Solstice in September the filet was no longer available.

That was a big disappointment for me since I normally order it every other night.

Wasn't on Infinity in November, either 

On 1/20/2023 at 12:50 PM, Jim_Iain said:

It is a small 4 ounce Filet and when I've had it was always a filet -  usually and end cut before they cut the regular Filet's

For us it's the perfect portion but some order 2.

FYI, just of Constellation.  The kid’s menu is NO longer available to adults.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

FYI, just of Constellation.  The kid’s menu is NO longer available to adults.

Wild if this came from top-down. I wonder if kid's menu ordering shot up after food changes and caused a snafu in terms of estimating ingredient usage. It would be hilarious if the kid's food was more expensive than the new adult menu items and was eating into expected cost savings.

As someone who craves chicken nuggets once in a while, this seems like a miss to me. Guess it's pork and beans for everyone!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kguerriero said:

Wild if this came from top-down. I wonder if kid's menu ordering shot up after food changes and caused a snafu in terms of estimating ingredient usage. It would be hilarious if the kid's food was more expensive than the new adult menu items and was eating into expected cost savings.

As someone who craves chicken nuggets once in a while, this seems like a miss to me. Guess it's pork and beans for everyone!

What if I identify as a 'kid'? They surely can't tell me to grow up 😂

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Just go to the buffet at night.  Twice baked hot dogs and mac and cheese 3 nights in a row.  The joke was 4 times baked hot dogs.

So close! Common knowledge that hot dogs come into their prime with the 5th baking.  That perfect bite-to-chew ratio.... like the dog that has been on the rollers at 7-11 since Monday when you snag it on Friday.  

My DW prefers the Kids fillet in Luminae as it is the perfect size for her. Last year on the Reflection the night they had the broiled scallops in Luminae, I ordered the Kids fillet with the scallops for a Surf and Turf. I knew from previous experience that the scallops alone are not enough, you get 3-4 smallish scallops in that dish.

14 hours ago, kguerriero said:

True Story, I was on a Princess cruise years ago in Alaska, I was so tired of the "Adult" meals and kept going to the buffet looking for Chicken Nuggets. So after a few days, I bellied up to the bar, ordered my champagne and carried it with me to the MDR then ordered Chicken Strips off the kids menu. Asked my waiter to just throw 2 plates together as one. There I sat all dressed with my bubbles and a double portion kids meal. As people walked by I'd hear them say "Oh I want that too" 

Sometimes we just need to keep it simple 😊

Patty 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Cruising Cindy Lou said:

I just learned about ordering off the kids menu on the last night of my last cruise.  Was planning to try it out next month.  Just my luck.  The filet sounded  perfect.  I am like a kid, picky and don't care for a lot of the adult items. Haha. 

This all reminds of a Ricky Gervais bit regarding the kids menu. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/acTeuZD10l4

Edited by NorthStarStateCruiser
  • Haha 3