online check-in without passport?

Hi everyone, I did a search but couldn't find the answer to my question. We are sailing on SOS on the Transatlantic from Miami to Barcelona, March 9 (this year).😎

Online check-in will start in 2 days and I had planned to do so at midnight when it opens up to get an early arrival time. I've read here that you can just pick your arrival time and complete the rest of the check-in later. Now my question is do you need your passport information to do this or can you fill that in later as well?

Our passports will arrive sometime next week but would prefer to pick our arrival time as soon as check-in opens and the complete it later. I hope someone can help me with this. TIA

48 minutes ago, eurodolphin said:

That's what I read too but then someone else said you need to scan your passport code first to be able to pick the time...

Try it and see what happens...  If it doesn't work, no harm done.  Edit later.

eurodolphin: Please report back here, what was necessary to get a check in time.  I have a group of four cabins in my party and would like to try get early check in times for all....

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, GSRDPM said:

eurodolphin: Please report back here, what was necessary to get a check in time.  I have a group of four cabins in my party and would like to try get early check in times for all....

Thanks!

Even if the reservations are linked, is it possible for one person to get check in times for all four cabins?

24 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Even if the reservations are linked, is it possible for one person to get check in times for all four cabins?

Yes, it has to be done individually but one person can do it all.  I can report with total confidence that one person can get arrival times for everyone in linked reservations AND ON THE APP ONLY, no other information need be entered.  You can click right on arrival time and do the rest at another time or everyone can enter their own information later.

Edited by poocher
  • Thanks 1

I forgot to take my passports with me when we were doing a land based trip a few months ago, and wanted to fill out set sail pass info online to get early arrival time on one of my upcoming cruises.  

I simply used "birth certificate" to fill it out, then when I got home.....I changed it to passport info.

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

I simply used "birth certificate" to fill it out, then when I got home.....I changed it to passport info.

I did this because it looked like my passport would not arrive in time for my cruise (even though my husband's had been "in hand" for more than a month) ... then it showed up in my mailbox LITERALLY as I was putting my suitcase in the car.  I forgot to go online and change the information, and at the port they said, "You're traveling with a birth certificate?"  I said no, showed my brand-new passport and explained ... and we all laughed.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, poocher said:

Yes, it has to be done individually but one person can do it all.  I can report with total confidence that one person can get arrival times for everyone in linked reservations AND ON THE APP ONLY, no other information need be entered.  You can click right on arrival time and do the rest at another time or everyone can enter their own information later.

So even if we are linked we need to do it for each person?  I was hoping I could do it for one cabin and the others would fall in automatically.

5 hours ago, eurodolphin said:

Hi everyone, I did a search but couldn't find the answer to my question. We are sailing on SOS on the Transatlantic from Miami to Barcelona, March 9 (this year).😎

Online check-in will start in 2 days and I had planned to do so at midnight when it opens up to get an early arrival time. I've read here that you can just pick your arrival time and complete the rest of the check-in later. Now my question is do you need your passport information to do this or can you fill that in later as well?

Our passports will arrive sometime next week but would prefer to pick our arrival time as soon as check-in opens and the complete it later. I hope someone can help me with this. TIA

you can enter passport info later.  Ive done it in a similar situation.  Husband's passport was on its way and I just entered info when it came in 2 weeks later.

37 minutes ago, island lady said:

I forgot to take my passports with me when we were doing a land based trip a few months ago, and wanted to fill out set sail pass info online to get early arrival time on one of my upcoming cruises.  

You won’t have the “birth certificate” option on a Trans Atlantic 

1 hour ago, dateacher said:

So even if we are linked we need to do it for each person?  I was hoping I could do it for one cabin and the others would fall in automatically.

Nope, not how it works.  If you are just selecting arrival times, it’s pretty quick.

6 hours ago, GSRDPM said:

Thanks!

I will report back on Monday when I've tried the check-in.

6 hours ago, poocher said:

Great thx!

As promised I am reporting back about checking in and picking an arrival time without having your passport at hand.

5 hours ago as soon as our check - in was available, I opened the app and was able to pick our arrival time without having to fill out any other information. When I open the app now and click on check -in I can see that our arrival time is confirmed and I still have to fill out the other info that is needed to complete our check - in. So it worked! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1