​⛴️​ LIVE from Allure ​🎠​ out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023

Disembarking went smooth. I caught a couple pics before taking off. 

20230129_091617.thumb.jpg.e46110eb80aa9fcbd1fa2d1e79ef8d56.jpg

20230129_091654.thumb.jpg.66c6085d21d4909fd33b7d87424e9909.jpg

We more less left the room and was able to walk off.  For those who haven't cruised Allure it can be a little confusing.  You go through the Amber Theater to exit.  We paused about 10 seconds here. 

20230129_092941.thumb.jpg.4517267164a9e85cee40bdb8bc475397.jpg

Facial recognition makes it nice.  Baggage area was well organized.  We spotted ours quickly. 

20230129_093558.thumb.jpg.420438e705e50f7d3d1e01785af0fb5b.jpg

Our Lyft showed up in less than 5 minutes.  Because of all or luggage, 7 hardcase, we get a luxury XL. She is taking us to Hobby. Cost $195.  before tips.  Not bad for 4. 

20230129_094307.thumb.jpg.359757d0cf324c73e91483e29768ea90.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

The Lyft took 56 minutes from Port to Southwest drop off at the airport.  For those wondering,  I am not finding any place at the airport that except drink vouchers! 

For those flying out of George Bush our Lyft driver said the cost would be $250 for the same vehicle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

16 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

It was a pleasure reading about your antics.  Pictures exceptional.  @Ozark_KidJohn, safe travels home and @brilloheadDebbi, have an enjoyable 3rd leg.  Will you continue to post in here?  hint...hint.

Debbi mentioned last night that she will continue posting.  Not as much as we have been.  I still have a bunch to catch up on too.  I hope all will continue to visit for awhile longer. 

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Great review.  Safe trip home.  My brother lives down the street from Hobby Airport, always got annoyed when we flew into George Bush!

Maybe we should of drove to his house and see if our drink vouchers. 😂 

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Debbi mentioned last night that she will continue posting.  Not as much as we have been.  I still have a bunch to catch up on too.  I hope all will continue to visit for awhile longer. 

Safe travels today, John!  Thank you for taking us along with you.  Great job on your review, and on all of the great pictures, as well!

• Thanks 1

It’s always a shock to get off the ship and realize no more drinks in hand and no one makes your bed or picks up after you.  

Thanks for taking us along.  We leave for Galveston in 6 days!  Who hoo!  We are not doing the speciality dining package next week so will try out the  new menu.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Great review.  Safe trip home.  My brother lives down the street from Hobby Airport, always got annoyed when we flew into George Bush!

I had a friend who lived in Seaford,a Houston suburb.The first time we went to visit him we were a group of 40,long story.He told all of us to fly into Hobby and we were not sorry.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It was great reading about your wonderful cruise.

• Thanks 2

We ate at Chops last night.  Started off with good tasting bread. 

Cbread_202011.thumb.jpg.820e6fe3146ee42d3a8d26cdf31812fd.jpg

Appetizers. Of course Shrimp.  Finally decent size.  Almost as big as the coconut shrimp at Roatan. 

Cshrimp_202654.thumb.jpg.34649688f15a19fbfcd84102bbb381b1.jpg

The grilled black pepper bacon was Really good. 

Cbacon_202818.thumb.jpg.26d6ed2d8b6cda7862ade6ea125dbf9a.jpg

Sharon enjoyed her tasty Goat Cheese Salad. 

Cgoatcheese_204213.thumb.jpg.7001a637fd0a39961b2e38129fc0cad0.jpg

I had the Wild Mushroom Soup.  Oh, man, it was great! 

Cmushroom_204222.thumb.jpg.02bcd1a2b91e704e02c43bd5a0009ba0.jpg

For mains the ladies got the petite Filet.  They loved it.  K got the NY Strip. 

CnyStrip_205715.thumb.jpg.27c3fdaffa47d9d8ae51f1b14848da05.jpg

I got the Ribeye.  I already had 2 great filets at Giovanni's.  I wish I would of got the Filet.  The Ribeye for me has been hit and miss for me at Chops.  Great last October.  Not this time. 

Cribeye_205920.thumb.jpg.7d006ac0ed38e14e7c5422d397679f86.jpg

Dessert made up for it. 

Chocolate cake. 

Chocolatecake_212916.thumb.jpg.341e6e818ef9eeaa77b65b971c6dab56.jpg

And Cheese Cake. 

Cheesecake_212936.thumb.jpg.5c327c45f8ca834312c15683ad3758f1.jpg

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had a friend who lived in Seaford,a Houston suburb.The first time we went to visit him we were a group of 40,long story.He told all of us to fly into Hobby and we were not sorry.

We really like Hobby.  Well kept airport at least around the Southwest side. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Not this time

How can a dang ribeye be bad????  I just don't get it!  What did they do?

Well, I can at least read up Debbie's next leg, but then the long wait starts until September...ughhhhhhhh 😪

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Well, I can at least read up Debbie's next leg, but then the long wait starts until September...ughhhhhhhh 😪

It was the last night and I was not that hungry.  I was happy our waiter did not go overboard trying to make things right. 

It's hard to find a Ribeye that beats one grilled at home. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I got the Ribeye.  I already had 2 great filets at Giovanni's.  I wish I would of got the Filet.  The Ribeye for me has been hit and miss for me at Chops.  Great last October.  Not this time.

I have usually found that to be the case at Chops.  I only order the filets there anymore.  Never had a bad filet. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We really like Hobby.  Well kept airport at least around the Southwest side. 

We always fly into Hobby from Dallas flights leave almost every hour , great review, looking forward to our return to Galveston in November when Harmony replaces Allure. We are one of the few who flies rather than drives to Houston.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Last time I had it at Chops, the ribeye was too thin a cut. A thicker cut makes all the difference. The strip was twice as thick and better and at home I'll take a ribeye over any other cut every day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1