How Do You Check In with this Celebrity App

mcrcruiser

What do you mean by "check in"... checking in for your cruise or just getting your cruise to show up on the app?

You can also check in for your cruise on the website, if that's what you need.

Have you signed into the app?  Does your cruise come up?  "Check in" is one of the buttons across the bottom.  Note that you have to wait for check in to open up which is about 45 days before sail date.

• Thanks 1

You don’t have to use the app. You can do it online at celebritycruises.com. If that doesn’t work, you can check in the old fashioned way at the pier. There are lots of trained staff to help. Just don’t forget your passport, etc. Don’t stress. They won’t leave you behind. Have a great cruise!

On your Celebrity App -  Click the icon of a Head (top right)

Select your sailing if not already selected (or if incorrect choose in TEAL Select a Different Cruise

In the Middle of the Screen you will see Check IN -  If too early it will tell you the date when CheckIn Opens (45 days prior to Sailing) 

If Open for CheckIn   Click CheckIn and start by Scanning the bottom line of you passport.   You can also immediately select boarding time and then come back later and complete.

45025085-F693-4096-B7ED-6341EE03BEE1.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

Just a note about checking in with the app.   The app doesn't ask for your contact phone number, however it does populate the phone number you enter for your emergency contact  into your contact number on the reservation.

So after checking in with the app I login to the website and review the information there and I then correct my contact phone number and save.   I also like to upload a stock photo of myself (vs take a new photo) which you can do on the website and not in the app.

I reported this bug to corporate in Nov 2021 when it caused me some problems onboard with B2B testing.   Of course it's still there.

12 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Can you check in and choose your arrival/embarkation time and not put in the passport info right away, my husband is waiting for his to renew.

You can also update you information at any time.

Mike

4 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Can you check in and choose your arrival/embarkation time and not put in the passport info right away, my husband is waiting for his to renew.

Yes.   I always do that.    Easiest to do this using App.     Just go direct to arrival time and make sure you select for each guest.      I usually grab my arrival time and come back later to complete the other information.

You can also at anytime go back and re-enter or update you Passport

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

This just happened to me. I checked in with my old passport and then updated it later when my new passport arrived. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Florida Glamazon said:

Does the app (or website) allow you to check in at 12:01 AM  on check in day 45 days before the cruise?

Also, when you do the check in, does it allow you to use a profile picture that you already have saved on your phone?

yes and yes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Florida Glamazon said:

Does the app (or website) allow you to check in at 12:01 AM  on check in day 45 days before the cruise?

Also, when you do the check in, does it allow you to use a profile picture that you already have saved on your phone?

Actually it's 12:01 in the timezone of the departure city.

I don't believe there is a way to upload an existing picture on the app but there is on the web site.   I do the checkin on the app skipping the photo, then go to the website and do the picture.  While on the website make sure to correct your contact phone number as there has been a bug for years that puts your emergency contacts number in your contact number.  They refuse to fix the bug.

• Like 2

On 2/28/2023 at 12:43 AM, Florida Glamazon said:

We booked our next cruise last September, but couldn't check in using the app until February 25 -- roughly one month before we sail. From experience, this period fluctuates -- sometimes longer, sometimes shorter. Not sure if I could check in at 12:01 a.m., however.

As for a profile pic, the app only allows me to take a "live" photo, i.e., in the moment. I cannot upload an existing image. Guessing, that's a security thing.

Finally, we check-in entirely via the app.

cjr

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 10:43 PM, Florida Glamazon said:

From personal experience, since I checked in last evening -  Yes.    I live in California and was able to be able to select my arrival chek-in time at 9:00:15 PM Pacific (Just after midnight Eastern).   

I went back in today and completed the Check-In scanning Passports and entering Credit Card Details.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I stayed up until around 12:30AM and got an 11AM arrival time. My husband and I both waited to take our pictures until the next day. I wasn't able to use the good hair day selfie stored in my phone on the app, oh well:)

I will be sure to double check our phone number on the website.

On 3/1/2023 at 6:17 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I went back in today and completed the Check-In scanning Passports and entering Credit Card Details.

@Jim_Iain, you were able to partially complete the "Travel Info" portion of the app's check-in process and then finish it later?

That was my experience last time but, for whatever reason, I had to complete everything in that section yesterday because the app wouldn't save my progress... 🤔

Fortunately, my hair looked awesome 😆 but I wasn't planning to rescan my passport or enter a primary credit-card yet. Not a big deal, but I was curious why the app experience changed.

cjr

The APP.  Checkin generally opens 45 days before your cruise.  Have seen it a day earlier or later when a Sunday or holiday is involved.

Most important is you do NOT need to use the app.  You do not need luggage tags.

You can bring your passport and cruise booking to the pier and check in there.  Show your booking to the porter and they can tag your bags at the pier.

On 2/27/2023 at 11:43 PM, Florida Glamazon said:

My app was about 3 minutes past midnight (port time, not my midnight) letting me check in last night.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CNSfromHI said:

@Jim_Iain, you were able to partially complete the "Travel Info" portion of the app's check-in process and then finish it later?

That was my experience last time but, for whatever reason, I had to complete everything in that section yesterday because the app wouldn't save my progress... 🤔

Fortunately, my hair looked awesome 😆 but I wasn't planning to rescan my passport or enter a primary credit-card yet. Not a big deal, but I was curious why the app experience changed.

cjr

Glad you were able to get at least the check-in slot.

I just checked in for a cruise on Wednesday with no problem.    Since I'm on the West Coast I can usually checkin for a FLL departure at 9:01 PM Pacific.    I usually just use the App and select a checkin time initially and then come back later to complete.  

When I completed it I used the app to scan my passport and then entered my CC details.   I usually then go to my laptop and upload a stock photo

• Like 2