The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday January 26th, 2023

Copper10-8

Good morning! 

Spouses Day - well mine is adding grey hair to my head. He was doing very well this past week. Up, cheery, wandering around in the wheelchair and getting into things, reading his Railroad magazines and his bird ones, etc. Pretty normal for this 82-year-old, memory challenged, deep tissue injury guy. 

Tuesday he wasn't himself and he slept a good part of the day. Didn't worry me too much as that happens sometimes if he overdoes things. He could talk to me, tell me his name, etc.Tuesday night he claimed the entire bed by sleeping sideways so I got the couch. First time for that. Yesterday morning he was waking up well and he wasn't talking to me. I called our doctor's office and talked to the nurse and talked to the nurse who comes for the wound care and both agreed to call 911 so 10 minutes later our local fire people were here and a bit later DH was carted off to the local hospital where he is now in a room by himself and getting excellent care. 

His UTI he had a few weeks ago grew MRSA and he had a week's course of sulfa drug for it. Well, the thought is that wasn't long enough and the MRSA has reared it's ugly head and come back as he definitely has a recurrence of the UTI. Fortunately there were beds available and I didn't have to fight to have them keep him. Now we wait until the culture percolates and. go from there. 

He's in good hands and I'll be heading in by 11:00 or so to have the afternoon with him at the hospital, speak with doctors, etc. and work on my counted cross stitch. 

Karen

• Like 11
  • Thanks 23

Yesterday’s rain has gone here in Maryland!  It was a wild day for us beginning with a fire evacuation alarm in our high-ruse condo building, thankfully nothing serious apparently. We quickly grabbed what we needed for our day and evacuated to a friends townhouse. Then to eye doctor’s for DH’s eye pressure check, more ideas on prep, and paperwork for his March surgery - he has become allergic? to some? of his glaucoma meds resulting in several months of itchy eyes and face. Surgery will put in a stent to help the eye drain, lower the pressure hopefully not need as many meds. Some are available preservative free, some are not. 
We left there in a downpour to head to downtown DC for chamber music at Kennedy Center, parked at Metro and rode train in and back. Lovely respite!  But gone from noon to 11pm, slept in today!  The surgery schedule has been complicated by our family cruise in late Feb - Rotterdam will have 8 of us for 11 days. Surgery will be late March!  One step at a time is enough…. 

@kazu sorry for the sideways progress but happy you have good care and are moving forward! 

Graham - hoping the shots are AMAZING for Sarah (and you and Pauline)

@rafinmd keep warm and rest! This cold bug can be tough but you’ll get there!  

@Copper10-8 Thanks to John, always there for us!  

Never enough days to celebrate a spouse!  

Blessings to all, celebrating, searching, healing, hoping.  m—

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning! 

Spouses Day - well mine is adding grey hair to my head. He was doing very well this past week. Up, cheery, wandering around in the wheelchair and getting into things, reading his Railroad magazines and his bird ones, etc. Pretty normal for this 82-year-old, memory challenged, deep tissue injury guy. 

Tuesday he wasn't himself and he slept a good part of the day. Didn't worry me too much as that happens sometimes if he overdoes things. He could talk to me, tell me his name, etc.Tuesday night he claimed the entire bed by sleeping sideways so I got the couch. First time for that. Yesterday morning he was waking up well and he wasn't talking to me. I called our doctor's office and talked to the nurse and talked to the nurse who comes for the wound care and both agreed to call 911 so 10 minutes later our local fire people were here and a bit later DH was carted off to the local hospital where he is now in a room by himself and getting excellent care. 

His UTI he had a few weeks ago grew MRSA and he had a week's course of sulfa drug for it. Well, the thought is that wasn't long enough and the MRSA has reared it's ugly head and come back as he definitely has a recurrence of the UTI. Fortunately there were beds available and I didn't have to fight to have them keep him. Now we wait until the culture percolates and. go from there. 

He's in good hands and I'll be heading in by 11:00 or so to have the afternoon with him at the hospital, speak with doctors, etc. and work on my counted cross stitch. 

Karen

Sorry to hear this.... hope he is on the road to recovery quickly.

Susan

• Like 19

Cold here.... so what else is new? But it is very cold, even for Durango at this time of year. The dogs first walk is miserable for all of us. Otherwise I am just doing mundane things like grocery shopping and trying to sort out the house and am very slow on the latter. The ED at the shelter seems to be managing nicely and I am trying not to go in so as not to distract from what she is doing. If I come in, people tend to ask me questions that I really should not answer... leave the answers up to her.

@kazuSorry to hear about complications with the elbow, but I am so glad you got attended to as quickly as you did. Breaks around joints are notoriously difficult and pins and bone fragments do tend to wander. I am sorry the May cruise is out but making the decision now relieves some of the pressures.

@rafinmdglad you are feeling better... take it easy for a few days.

Sending my best wishes out to all who still facing issues including, but not limited to,  Kathi (wish we would hear from her), Tana and Sarah.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

After 3 of my posts being hidden for moderation, I am posting here to see what happens to this one!

WHOOO!!  It made it through!  🕺

Jeepers and ouch on the arm, @kazu.  I’m glad you went and had it looked at!

Frustrating, isn't it?  If only we knew what caused it!

2 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a cool and overcast day at the beach

A lot going on here! Read the posts yesterday but did not post myself. 

Have not been to todays port, I believe it is on our booked fall trip? Looking forward to pictures.

@ Kazu  What next?  That is so wicked. Hopefully this will give you relief and start the healing process!

@grapau27 SEnding healing thoughts to Sarah. Hope all goes well for her today.

@rafinmd Glad you are feeling better this morning.

Heading out to the lab for a routine blood draw. Got some crazy news yesteday. My trip to the derm last week resulted in another basal cell cancer. This one is on my lower eye lid. I thought it was a stye. Never heard of one in that location. Anyway I am being sent to an ocular plastic surgeon for removal. Jeezz...  Dont need to be on the care list. others need it a lot more than me. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

I'm sorry to hear about the basal cell, especially on the eyelid.  You're on my prayer list!

2 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Not to mention (okay, to mention) this is what happens when you cross the Atlantic during the Saharan dust plumes with no Lido roof.  The poor crew worked their butts off washing down the deck, the chairs, the pool, the railings, the walls, the windows, and everything in between.  The second pic was my view out the window while having my morning coffee.  There are very limited places you can go when there is no retractable roof.

5D278C28-174D-458A-A191-94D2BED167AA.thumb.jpeg.471428b7484308fae7de8f0937a93f10.jpeg

5C912888-B7BE-4F24-AEBE-9F96AFBFDA29.thumb.jpeg.2cc57b4071eefa33173cfd82d6ea8650.jpeg

That is a really severe dust storm!  We had beige skies while in The Gambia and Senegal but it didn't affect us like your storm did.  I don't know how the locals handle it!

19 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning! 

Karen

I'm sorry to hear about the setback for your husband and hope they get him back on track soon.  That's a serious infection.

12 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Yesterday’s rain has gone here in Maryland!  It was a wild day for us beginning with a fire evacuation alarm in our high-ruse condo building, thankfully nothing serious apparently. We quickly grabbed what we needed for our day and evacuated to a friends townhouse. Then to eye doctor’s for DH’s eye pressure check, more ideas on prep, and paperwork for his March surgery - he has become allergic? to some? of his glaucoma meds resulting in several months of itchy eyes and face. Surgery will put in a stent to help the eye drain, lower the pressure hopefully not need as many meds. Some are available preservative free, some are not. 
We left there in a downpour to head to downtown DC for chamber music at Kennedy Center, parked at Metro and rode train in and back. Lovely respite!  But gone from noon to 11pm, slept in today!  The surgery schedule has been complicated by our family cruise in late Feb - Rotterdam will have 8 of us for 11 days. Surgery will be late March!  One step at a time is enough…. 

@kazu sorry for the sideways progress but happy you have good care and are moving forward! 

Sending good thoughts to your husband for his future eye surgery.  Hope you all enjoy that family cruise.  I really cherish having our family come along.

6 minutes ago, richwmn said:

A little later than the previous pictures

20230126_062445.thumb.jpg.ffa25bb296c0337573591f28c396ebe1.jpg

Very pretty!

Well, my eyes were opened driving to the other side of town to my hairdresser's shop.  I drove straight through town instead of the outskirts like we do to get to Krogers.  There was major destruction all along the way from the tornadoes.  Trees cut up and lying on the side of the road, houses with tarps on the roof, houses with holes in them from the trees falling on them, cars smashed, fences flattened, and entire blocks with all the trees gone!  It was a mess!  Unfortunately, most of the destruction was in the low income neighborhoods and probably a lot of the rental properties.  I'm betting some of the landlords will just demo the homes and not rebuild.  It was so sad to see.  I hope some of these places can be brought back to normal or even better than before but I won't hold my breath waiting.  😳

• Like 13
  • Thanks 11

1 hour ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning! 

Karen

Two steps forward and one step backwards.  That always seems to be the case, doesn't it?   Hopefully he will get what he needs to lick this and will be home in even better shape.  

I did manage to get the bed moved away from the wall and am now working on painting the trim.  I got the trim I could do standing up, so after this break I'll go do the stuff down on the floor.  I have my handy dandy tool to keep the paint off the carpet!

• Like 23

Good morning Dailyites!  I can't believe a West Coaster @Copper10-8, got in so early to start the Daily News!  Roy, I'm glad you aren't feeling too bad.  I also spent one night with a bin beside the bed after I had been throwing up.  Definitely eat a little bit more carefully while you are under the weather!  It's funny bug.  (Funny peculiar, not funny haha!)

Jacqui, @kazu I'm sorry you continue to have problems with that elbow and more surgery.  I feel somewhat guilty, as I know you were rushing to have dinner with us when the accident happened.  Can I send you a Koningsdam tile as reparation?  Sorry you are having to cancel your cruise, too, but probably safer to heal quietly at home.  

@luvteaching, Karen,  I have to mention that some time ago, when you were talking about your DH's UTI, I was able to diagnose my DH's ailment - as soon as he called the doctor and said "my wife says I have a UTI" they had him in and tested.  He was put on Macrobid for 5 days, which was definitely a dud, and after multiple hospital visits he had to have a huge dose of Cipro for two weeks.   It seems to have done the trick, but he has a follow-up with the urologist next month.  So, thank you for alerting me.  The symptoms in men are so different from those of women! 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a bright, sunny day in central Texas.  The wind is is still from the north, but is intermittent.  It was 32F when I got up and now is 38F.  We should reach 56F later today.

A salute to Australia and my Aussie friends, two of whom are on the World Cruise.  We'll celebrate Spouse's Day, but hopefully will avoid clashing clothes.

Another interesting quote from Marilyn Monroe.  I think she was basically an intelligent woman with a lot of emotional baggage.

Today's meal sounds good, but we still have beef stew leftover from the other day.  We'll pass on the drink, but would like to try the wine.

We have not been to Punta Del Este, Uruguay.  We have stopped twice in Montevideo, and enjoyed that city.

@Copper10-8  John, thank you for starting the Fleet/Daily today.  As always, I loved your memes, and appreciated starting the day off with laughs.

@rafinmd  Roy, I'm happy you had a good night without any fever, and that you were negative on the Covid test.  Take it easy until you get your strength back.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I guessed you had been really busy the last several days.  You might try putting Aspercreme on your knees.  DH did this when his knees were hurting a couple of weeks ago, and it really made them feel better.  You can use it more than once a day.  I like the idea of finishing the master bathroom while you are on a much needed cruise.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm sorry you needed additional surgery, but hopefully, the elbow will begin to heal now.  I'm also sorry about your having to cancel the May cruise.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm so sorry Tana can't walk very far now.  I hope your DH gets a good report from the cardiologist.

@cruising sister  That is good news the grands were feeling better last night.  It is amazing how quickly the young'uns can get over illnesses.  Fingers crossed 🤞 that the parents don't get sick.

@ottahand7  Nancy, thanks for your pictures from the horseback ride.  The padding on the saddle made it look more comfortable.

@aliaschief Bruce, I'm glad you are feeling better, but appreciate you will be masking tonight to keep from passing the cold to others.

@cunnorl  Charlene, sorry about the basal cell carcinoma and the location.  

@*Miss G*  Yikes 😱  on the Sahara dust storm.  Thanks for the pictures, and I too thought the Sahara dust was bad here last year.  

@grapau27  Graham, sending good wishes and thoughts that Sarah's procedure goes well, and she can get some much needed relief.

@richwmn  Rich, thanks for the great pictures.

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.

Sarah said the injections were extremely painful but the surgeon said that was good as it proved the injections went into the right place.

We left her at home in bed about 1 hour ago and she seemed in good spirits.

Graham 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

@grapau27I hope Sarah's treatments help her.  Sending extra prayers for her today.

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Thanks to John @Copper10-8for posting so early today and getting everyone off to a good start with all the funnies.  Roy @rafinmdI'm happy you had a good night and thanks once again for the clear, sharp map showing the position of the ships.  Great job!  And thanks to our leader Rich @richwmnwho set it all up and is now able to enjoy his World Cruise!  

We are sitting at 36F this morning, expecting partly cloudy skies and a high of only 47.  I am going out this morning to see my hairdresser and that's about it.  Maybe I'll attempt to sort my photos for my Island Princess cruise last summer.  Shutterfly switched things up a lot during the slow years of 2020 and 2021.  Now I'm finding it harder to create my treasured cruise photo books.  I'm going to push through and see what happens.

Australia Day sounds like a good day to celebrate, as well as spouses.  I never wear clashing clothes so that one I'll pass on.  The soup dish sounds good so will be interested to see what Debbie @dfishhas to say.  Another typical Marilyn Monroe quote!🤨  Today I said prayers for our Care list and people of Ukraine, Tana, Sarah (good luck today), Jacqui and Kathi, then I hopped on the treadmill. Now I can cheer on our Celebration list people.  

Port of the day is Punta del Este, Uruguay and that was posted once before on August 18, 2021.  I have not been there, just Montevideo.  I read it's a resort type city.  Here is the link to the former posting for all who want to retrieve their photos.  Hopefully we will see some.

Have a safe and great day everyone!

6 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning  on a very windy day where temperatures  are expected to drop to the thirties this afternoon. We celebrate  Spouses Day and Australia Day and try not to clash colors with clothing.The recipe sounds interesting  but we have not been to the port.

@erewhon, I am afraid that walking for Tana is just a few steps with a lot of assistance. We depend on the WC and the oxygen to get to different  rooms.

Today DH returns to the cardiologist  for what we hope is s good report. 

Sending prayers to Sarah @grapau27

5 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

@rafinmdglad to hear you are feeling somewhat better this morning and thank @Copper10-8for getting us started off today.  We are cruising the Chilean Fjords today with the Fjordo Glacier at 2 and the Leonidas shipwreck at 4:30. Last night at dinner we were warned by our waiter to prepare for rough seas and it was bumpy and a bit creaky last night.  We slept very well but Esther Assistant Maitre d complained this morning about getting no sleep. A friend stopped by at breakfast and complained about no sleep we said she should commiserate with Esther and she said she is right across the hall from us. I guess it is where ones' cabin is located. 

Yesterday I went horseback riding a ways inland. It was gray and rainy at the coast but we had a partly sunny, partly rainy day where we rode.   A rainy tender ride back to the ship. Again the country in Chile is so beautiful and it was worth the trip.   The farm we rode at was a long a beautiful river but my horse was naughty and kept trying to grab a mouthful of grass so I couldn't take a single photo from horseback. I'd either lose the reins or my phone.   Tonight is the Chilean Cellar master dinner.  

Prayers for all on our Care list, Sarah, Tana, Jacqui and Kathi.   So glad Ukraine is getting the tanks they need to defend themselves.  Have a wonderful Thursday. Nancy 

IMG_20230125_215555791.jpg

IMG_20230125_142018155_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230125_144145268_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230125_142014383.jpg

IMG_20230125_141313761_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230125_131629429_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230125_173938768.jpg

5 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

I woke to a chilly 14 degrees. Thanks to @Copper10-8for todays report. I haven’t heard about the grands this morning but last night they were eating and running around. The beauty of youth. Parents are anxiously awaiting their fate. 

Jacqui I am glad you went back to see the surgeon. Hopefully your pain will be much improved. I am disappointed you will not be on our cruise in May but I totally understand your decision. Like someone suggested if all the stars line up and you feel great you might get a great last minute deal! 

@grapau27i hope Sarah does well today and gets pain relief. I have had injections and have seen others get great pain relief from theirs. 

@rafinmdI am glad you are feeling better but continue to rest today. 

@smitty34877prayers for Tana, what a beautiful attitude she has. I was blessed with a husband who was the most positive ill person I knew. He truly enjoyed everyday of his life. 

5 hours ago, cat shepard said:

John, thank you for having Roy’s back & posting today’s Report & Daily! Did you stay up late just to do that?  Glad to read that you had a good night, Roy. And I also hope that Rich is enjoying his cruise around the world. His posts make me believe he is. 

A huge marine layer being blown back out to sea greeted Bindi and I this morning.  It was quite windy, but temps were still in the high 50s. Just Zumba, chores and Bindi walks today. @kazu Jacqui, holy cow! What next? Praying that the latest surgery solves the problem and reduces your pain.  @grapau27 Graham, praying that Sarah’s treatment goes smoothly and eliminates her pain. Bless you & Pauline for being there for her. 

Although this looks like a great idea, I would be so afraid I would drop the wine. 

A8942FF9-AD41-40E3-AEA6-73547DBD361D.jpeg.8991bfc6c55aa4f21e8ec7ca049ae441.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support, especially Sarah, Kathi, Tana & Jacqui. Get well & stay well everyone- yes this means YOU, Roy!

Chateau Ste. Michelle Canoe Ridge Estate Merlot, Horse Heaven Hills, WA

I don’t dislike a good Merlot, but I prefer mine in a nice red blend. This one has very good - excellent ratings from critics and consumers. I found numerous online distributors with prices starting at $24.99.

91 Wine Enthusiast 

Aromas of toast, carob and black raspberry lead to plump fruit and barrel flavors. The bright acid and firm tannins of the vintage provide the frame.

5 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@rafinmdGlad you got a good nights rest, and I hope today is a relax get better day.  I noticed a lot of new names on the thread that you created last night.  It was nice to see that, as everyone was so nice and comments towards the daily were heartfelt.

@Copper10-8Thanks for the funnies to start the day off.  And getting our day started.  I am going to wear clashing colors this morning!

@kazuI am glad that they figured out about the pin.  Wow on the splinter of bone tried to hitch a ride out!

@erewhonYour day at the stone fruit orchard sounds like a great day!

@ottahand7 I love your pictures from yesterday's ride in the mountains.  And thank you for the food porn.

@grapau27I hope Sarah is doing better.

0d243006a154d1b91578a3f5c5c2c3b9.jpg

Well I need to feed the cats.  Shower and get downtown.

4 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

Wow, so much has happened since yesterday.   @kazu I am glad that they found the pin and bone fragment.  No wonder  you were in pain.  Let's hope this is it and it is all systems go for recovery now.  @rafinmd so happy you had a good night.  Don't overdo today and hopefully you will be back 100% shortly.  @Copper10-8 Thanks for stepping in and getting the Daily started.  We are a community and need to start the morning off with each other.  @grapau27 I hope Sarah's procedure goes well today and helps her.  

I had to look that up as there was nothing about it in the local newspaper.  It is a global action, with the majority of layoffs in Europe.  

Today's meal is another good one for the dark of winter.  This first recipe looks easy and the ingredients can be easily found at the grocery store.  Well, except for possibly the eggs.     https://www.aheadofthyme.com/slow-cooker-asian-beef-noodle-soup/

140186262_Asianbeefnoodlesoup1.thumb.jpg.2e9b16ffb7b417f9a513ec376d17f540.jpg

In this next recipe I don't know where you'd find coriander root.  It is specifically the root that is called for and that is quite uncommon here, but a staple in Thai cooking.  You can check Asian groceries or look for a substitute.  This article may help:  https://onthegas.org/food/coriander-root/

https://www.marionskitchen.com/slow-cooker-thai-beef-noodle-soup/

701169146_Asianbeefnoodlesoup2.thumb.jpg.3560380e6158a545715e523e2ea17ec9.jpg

This one includes crimini mushrooms.  That sounds pretty good to me!    https://neighborfoodblog.com/slow-cooker-asian-beef-and-mushroom-noodle-soup/

2090677242_Asianbeefnoodlesoup3.thumb.jpg.ffd03c8b7aa6372d2b431b46431c0bc7.jpg

I hope one of these looks good to you.   Wishing you all a wonderful day and prayers for all who are ailing.  Let's get well, folks!  

3 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Have not been to todays port, I believe it is on our booked fall trip? Looking forward to pictures.

@ Kazu  What next?  That is so wicked. Hopefully this will give you relief and start the healing process!

Heading out to the lab for a routine blood draw. Got some crazy news yesteday. My trip to the derm last week resulted in another basal cell cancer. This one is on my lower eye lid. I thought it was a stye. Never heard of one in that location. Anyway I am being sent to an ocular plastic surgeon for removal. Jeezz...  Dont need to be on the care list. others need it a lot more than me. 

Charlene

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

A special salute to Australia.  I have no spouse and hope my clothing doesn't clash but wouldn't really care right now.  I took a pan to bed last night in case I  needed to vomit but fortunately no nausea so far.  I also have no fever and tested negative for covid so I don;t really know what's going on but at least my chills are much improved but not my energy level  Kind of a sad quote from Monroe,  I've been to Punta del Este 3 times, both Crystal ships and the Prinsendam. I greatly enjoyed the city.  I'll pass on the soup and will see what I feel up to tonight.  My alternative is Pineapple Kiwi Strawberry, Grandma's Chicken Noodle Soup, Australian Grilled Lamb Chops, and Aussie Carrot Cake with lemon curd as served on MS Prinsendam  January 26, 2019.

dishes26.jpg

Today’s care list:

RIP Patricia 1/23/23
California shooting victims
Kazu with another surgery
From the rotation:
Ominous scan for Marshhawk
HAL Sailer DBIL in final days and family squabbles
Rowsby in need of shoulder replacement
Status of Scrapnana

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Me negative for both fever and covid
Sarah’s injection delivered
Redneck Bob in Vegas until 2/1
cruszn single in Hawaii until 1/31
Heartgrove (Carnival Legend to 1/29), DeniEncinetas, and sailingdutchty   (Koningsdam  to 1/31),  lindaler and ottahand7(Volendam  to 3/18), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty,richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam  to 5/12) at sea

Roy

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a bright, sunny day in central Texas.  The wind is is still from the north, but is intermittent.  It was 32F when I got up and now is 38F.  We should reach 56F later today.

A salute to Australia and my Aussie friends, two of whom are on the World Cruise.  We'll celebrate Spouse's Day, but hopefully will avoid clashing clothes.

Another interesting quote from Marilyn Monroe.  I think she was basically an intelligent woman with a lot of emotional baggage.

Today's meal sounds good, but we still have beef stew leftover from the other day.  We'll pass on the drink, but would like to try the wine.

We have not been to Punta Del Este, Uruguay.  We have stopped twice in Montevideo, and enjoyed that city.

@Copper10-8  John, thank you for starting the Fleet/Daily today.  As always, I loved your memes, and appreciated starting the day off with laughs.

@rafinmd  Roy, I'm happy you had a good night without any fever, and that you were negative on the Covid test.  Take it easy until you get your strength back.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I guessed you had been really busy the last several days.  You might try putting Aspercreme on your knees.  DH did this when his knees were hurting a couple of weeks ago, and it really made them feel better.  You can use it more than once a day.  I like the idea of finishing the master bathroom while you are on a much needed cruise.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm sorry you needed additional surgery, but hopefully, the elbow will begin to heal now.  I'm also sorry about your having to cancel the May cruise.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm so sorry Tana can't walk very far now.  I hope your DH gets a good report from the cardiologist.

@cruising sister  That is good news the grands were feeling better last night.  It is amazing how quickly the young'uns can get over illnesses.  Fingers crossed 🤞 that the parents don't get sick.

@ottahand7  Nancy, thanks for your pictures from the horseback ride.  The padding on the saddle made it look more comfortable.

@aliaschief Bruce, I'm glad you are feeling better, but appreciate you will be masking tonight to keep from passing the cold to others.

@cunnorl  Charlene, sorry about the basal cell carcinoma and the location.  

@*Miss G*  Yikes 😱  on the Sahara dust storm.  Thanks for the pictures, and I too thought the Sahara dust was bad here last year.  

@grapau27  Graham, sending good wishes and thoughts that Sarah's procedure goes well, and she can get some much needed relief.

@richwmn  Rich, thanks for the great pictures.

Lenda

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

Good morning all.  Happy to see that @rafinmd Roy is feeling better today.  Many thanks to @Copper10-8John for pitching in.  (Who knew there are so many spouse jokes?!! 😂)

Interesting collection of days.  I’ll cooperate by honoring my spouse and wearing clashing clothing.   Easy tasks.

@grapau27, thinking of Sarah today.

@4966and556, Pajama Day sounds great!

@kazu, things will get better.  They really will.

@smitty34877, prayers for a good cardiologist report for DH.

@cunnorl, DH has had the eyelid cancers, and on eyeball.  They have good treatment for that.  Icky though.

It’s cold and windy here in San Diego.  It’s pot roast weather, so that’s the plan.  We’re also busy finalizing plans for May TA cruise and UK.   Apparently they changed our berth at Cobh so we don’t have the great one in town.  Never knew there could be an alternate spot.  It’s usually such a nice walk off the ship.

Thanks everyone for being here.  Wishing all a great day.

78F0B66E-F6A9-4C96-96A7-6522012F129F.jpeg.42eb4ac139097cd2f0d7fafa312852a5.jpeg

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

Thank you my dear friends.

You have shown your concerns and kind words for Sarah over the last 2 weeks.

She is home now after her very painful spinal injections and been told to rest for 2 days.

Graham xx

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

Good morning all!

I'm later than usual this morning, DH was up every hour last night and I was having one of "those" sleepless nights anyway so we both slept in this morning.  We're really hoping it won't take too long for him to recover from the bladder treatments.  

When I saw that it's Australia Day I looked at our Grand Australia '24 itinerary and see that on 1/26/24 we'll be at sea close to Australia.  I wonder if the ship will do something special.  We celebrate spouse day every day, and even though I'm not a clothes horse by any means, clashing clothes really bother me.  Especially the black socks, sandals, shorts and clashing shirts I've seen on men.  I always whisper to DH that "either he doesn't have a wife or she's as clueless as he is". 😄

I'll pass on the red wine and drink, but the first recipe sounds good just minus the soft boiled egg on top.  I've never been to this port, the quote sounds very Marilyn Monroe.

I should get started on the painting I want to do upstairs, but always seem to find a reason to procrastinate.  Kudos to Debbie @dfishto get hers started!  My excuse now is that we're getting a motorized skylight blind installed in that area (thanks to DS and DDIL's Christmas present) and they're coming out on Tuesday to measure and do the consultation.  So now I plan to start after that. 😉  There's only one piece of furniture to move, but it's an antique and tall so I'm not looking forward to moving that.  

Thank you to John @Copper10-8for getting the Daily started for Roy and Rich this morning and Roy @rafinmdtake it easy, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better.

Jacqui @kazuOh my goodness, what next?!?  But I'm so glad you went in and they fixed the problem.  I'm sorry about your cruise, but your health comes first.  Hugs!

Charlene @cunnorlI'm sorry to hear about the basal cell cancer on your eyelid, good that they caught it.  

Karen @luvteachingI'm sorry to hear about your DH's infection -- prayers that he feels much better soon.  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Charlene

I'm sorry to hear about your BSC Charlene.

That is an unusual place for it.

Good wishes that the ocular plastic surgeon see's you soon and safely removes it.

Graham.

• Like 11

@luvteachingwhen my father was alive he would get fairly frequent UTIs and the first signs were confusion or simply being out of it.  He battled them until age 96 and that one took him. He had resistant bacteria for 6 years. I am happy they said get your DH to the hospital.  

@grapau27 thank you for the update on Sarah's procedure today.  I hope she feels better soon.

@kazuI am glad they got to the bottom of your pain and fixed it but I am sorry you had to cancel your May cruise. 

We are sailing in the Messier Channel in the Chilean Fjords. We saw the gorgeous blue glacier and then we will see the shipwreck in about a half hour.   The variation from the pure glacial water with the fjord water was really noticable.  Beauty beyond expression. The ship is a mile away from the glacier, it is simply massive and still growing. Nancy 

IMG_20230126_153008780_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230126_153750942_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230126_150043902.jpg

IMG_20230126_141930564_HDR.jpg

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 5

37 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

@luvteachingwhen my father was alive he would get fairly frequent UTIs and the first signs were confusion or simply being out of it.  He battled them until age 96 and that one took him. He had resistant bacteria for 6 years. I am happy they said get your DH to the hospital.  

@grapau27 thank you for the update on Sarah's procedure today.  I hope she feels better soon.

@kazuI am glad they got to the bottom of your pain and fixed it but I am sorry you had to cancel your May cruise. 

We are sailing in the Messier Channel in the Chilean Fjords. We saw the gorgeous blue glacier and then we will see the shipwreck in about a half hour.   The variation from the pure glacial water with the fjord water was really noticable.  Beauty beyond expression. The ship is a mile away from the glacier, it is simply massive and still growing. Nancy 

IMG_20230126_153008780_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230126_153750942_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230126_150043902.jpg

IMG_20230126_141930564_HDR.jpg

Thank you Nancy.

Super photos.

Graham.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, oakridger said:

Glad you're feeling better Roy @rafinmd!  Since @Copper10-8 is a fellow west coaster it was only about 1am when he posted.  He's representing us California, Oregon, Washington and western Canada readers!  I'm actually still up and going to bed shortly.  I'll come back after sleeping to read what has transpired on the Daily after this.

~Nancy

And Hawaii😉🤷‍♀️

@kazu so sorry to hear you needed more surgery. Now let the healing finally begin!   Some flowers for you

E199B825-03AD-4A14-911B-61993E909A78.jpeg

DF75CFB0-39B3-4095-9358-FEAB81D16A37.jpeg

6D4FAE72-9CFE-4B82-BA19-2B97097754DC.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good day from Western Washington.  I almost always learn something on the Daily.  Most of my socks are either white or black and I have never given a thought to the possibility that someone might look down at me for wearing one color or another.  I have never paid attention to anyone else's socks either.  However, I think those who wear shoes without socks are being careless.

Ray

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

@grapau27Thanks for the update on Sarah.  I hope the injections help.

Will she need to have the procedure repeated in the future?  If so, how often?

A big hug to you and Pauline for looking after her.

Thank you Melanie.

She hopes not.

She regularly goes to a specialist chiropractor who will help her.

• Like 12

Good afternoon. Thanks for starting up the Fleet Report/Daily today @Copper10-8

I really like Australia, from my time visiting there. No spouse here, and I avoid clashing clothes. Typical Marilyn quote. The meal, drink and wine sound good. 

I have been to Uruguay on my SA/Antarctica cruise, but Montevideo, not Punta del Este.

It's been a rain/sleet/snow day so far. Fortunately it wasn't doing much on my way to the eye doctor this morning, and wet snow on the way home. I got a fairly good report today, just some inflammation around the outer cornea, but none inside the eye.

@rafinmd Good to hear you had a good night. Continue to rest and recover. Thanks for the maps.

@grapau27 Thinking of Sarah as she recovers from her injections today and prayers that they are effective.

@Cruzin Terri You're working hard on your house and the cruise will be a nice rest. Sorry your knees are bothering you.

@kazu Oh my on the need for surgery to take care of the wayward pin and the bone fragment. Good thing they had you go in emergently. Prayers that follow-up x-rays look good and that the removal of the pin doesn't affect healing. Sorry about the cruise.

@StLouisCruisers I was up until after 1AM last night, binge watching The Crown, and had to be up at 7:30 to get ready for my appointment. Not my usual, but in my working days I only averaged about 6 hours of sleep. Sad about the destruction near you from the storms.

@smitty34877 I hope DH gets a good report today from the Cardiologist, and continued prayers for Tana.

@ottahand7 Thanks for the photos and it sounds like you're having a wonderful time.

@marshhawk Prayers for Feral Fawn.

@cunnorl Sorry to hear about the basal cell on the eyelid. My BFF had that last year; his dermatologist (who specializes in skin cancer) did the initial removal, and the next day he saw an oculoplastic surgeon who did the repair of the lid.

@*Miss G* Wow on that dust storm.

@luvteaching Kudos to you for picking up quickly when something's going on with DH. Prayers that he's back to normal quickly with treatment. 

@RMLincoln Yikes on the fire alarm; I'm glad all was well. Hopefully the stent will allow less meds for DH; I try to get preservative free eye meds if I can.

@richwmn Thanks for the photos.

Prayers for the Care List, and Ukraine with the recent renewal of air attacks.

Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

Not every sunrise comes out as expect and today's is a case in point.  I think it was a cold morning and I was rushing,  This is January 26, 2019 and MS Prinsendam visited Port Chacabuco, Chile:

dawn0126.jpg

Roy

• Like 18
  • Thanks 6