The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday January 28th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

I see Roy has posted, thankfully.  I got an e from him.  He must have been in a lot of pain as they started him on morphine and will add antibiotics.  

Apparently, he just learned he will officially be in “observation” and not technically an inpatient.

he asked me to start the Daily if he does not and I told him just to rest and not worry about it.

34 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I'll go ahead and post the Daily tomorrow if that's okay with everyone.

Sandi - that is kind of you and yes please on starting the Daily.  I’m not in the best shape and it would be most appreciated.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 10

10 minutes ago, kazu said:

I see Roy has posted, thankfully.  I got an e from him.  He must have been in a lot of pain as they started him on morphine and will add antibiotics.  

Apparently, he just learned he will officially be in “observation” and not technically an inpatient.

he asked me to start the Daily if he does not and I told him just to rest and not worry about it.

Sandi - that is kind of you and yes please on starting the Daily.  I’m not in the best shape and it would be most appreciated.

No problem, Jacqui.  We just need to get everyone here back in tip-top shape.  Hoping your pain is lessening with each day.  Sorry to hear Roy needs morphine to ease his pain, though.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

No fractures but they found evidence of pneumonia and low sodium which they said could cause dizziness.  Will be here overnight for observation.

Roy

Thank you for letting us know, Roy!

Happy to read they are taking care of you   Rest easy, I see Sandi already has you covered for tomorrow. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 18

Good morning and thanks all!
@rafinmdso glad you went in to get checked!   Now get better! 

@StLouisCruisers thanks for stepping up! 

@kazuoh. NO! So glad you called.   Do not suffer in silence,  praying things turn around soon!  

@marshhawkso glad you switched doctors!  

@dfishyum!  

@smitty34877 the hairstyle also known as the whale spout, lol!  🐳🐳

6049D991-E335-4F56-90AF-65698369B17A.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

No fractures but they found evidence of pneumonia and low sodium which they said could cause dizziness.  Will be here overnight for observation.

Roy

Thank you so much for letting us know what was happening.  I was reading through this thread, page after page, holding my breath.  You probably didn't realize it, but you mean a lot to so many of us.  

Now, on to celebrations!   My bedroom is done and put back together.  The new curtains look so much better than those crappy old ones did.  Those are now in the trash.  I rearranged the room a bit so that I can fit my dresser in it.  That will make more space in the guest room, which was kind of cramped.  No more puke pink!  No more holes in the wall filled with spackling and looking like a tenement house.  The light color really brightens the room up and it needed that.  

Now, confession time.  I did get paint all over me, but none in my hair and none on the floor.  I was actually kind of neat on this job.  I don't know what happened or if I just had enough room to maneuver that I didn't create the huge mess.  And, that handy, dandy tool for painting the baseboards works like a charm!   I sure hope this doesn't jeopardize my standings in the Messy Painter Guild.  If it does, I'll gladly go open a can and dab some in my hair.  

• Like 26
  • Haha 12

5 minutes ago, dfish said:

Thank you so much for letting us know what was happening.  I was reading through this thread, page after page, holding my breath.  You probably didn't realize it, but you mean a lot to so many of us.  

Now, on to celebrations!   My bedroom is done and put back together.  The new curtains look so much better than those crappy old ones did.  Those are now in the trash.  I rearranged the room a bit so that I can fit my dresser in it.  That will make more space in the guest room, which was kind of cramped.  No more puke pink!  No more holes in the wall filled with spackling and looking like a tenement house.  The light color really brightens the room up and it needed that.  

Now, confession time.  I did get paint all over me, but none in my hair and none on the floor.  I was actually kind of neat on this job.  I don't know what happened or if I just had enough room to maneuver that I didn't create the huge mess.  And, that handy, dandy tool for painting the baseboards works like a charm!   I sure hope this doesn't jeopardize my standings in the Messy Painter Guild.  If it does, I'll gladly go open a can and dab some in my hair.  

Debbie, as long as you got pain "all over" you, I consider you a member in good standing in the Messy Painter Guild.  🤣

Glad the room looks better, and that you got your dresser in your room.  That should be much more convenient, too.

Lenda

• Like 23

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!
@rafinmdso glad you went in to get checked!   Now get better! 

@StLouisCruisers thanks for stepping up! 

@kazuoh. NO! So glad you called.   Do not suffer in silence,  praying things turn around soon!  

@marshhawkso glad you switched doctors!  

@dfishyum!  

@smitty34877 the hairstyle also known as the whale spout, lol!  🐳🐳

6049D991-E335-4F56-90AF-65698369B17A.jpeg

I can't  wait to tell my niece that.We have pictures of her with a late seventies version of the same hairdo!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Debbie,

When you have the room all together, a photo would be appreciated!! Then we can all applaud your beautiful work!

Laura

• Like 23

Roy @rafinmd thank you for the update.   I hope they get you on the right treatment and just think low sodium you don't have to have the bland cardio diet.  Low sodium can cause weakness because it is what causes our muscles to work properly.  I am so happy no fractures.   Nancy

• Like 21

2 hours ago, kazu said:

apparently, he just learned he will officially be in “observation” and not technically an inpatient.

Roy, you may want them to admit you as an inpatient. Hospitals don't like to do this solely for observation, where you may not need treatment and aren't expected to be there two nights, but it can affect the insurance coverage.

https://www.medicare.gov/what-medicare-covers/what-part-a-covers/inpatient-or-outpatient-hospital-status

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Dinner is soon but I wanted to show you all a photo of Elliott Rose.  My niece (her Grandma) sent me some updates today.  Videos too of Ellie babbling trying to learn our English language.  Such a cutie pie!  She's already lifting weights I see.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKJ5wq6rUrEo63O2GJHyZeBaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1674926456

Ellie's Grandma is moving 20 or 30 miles closer to the little family March 1 so she can spend as much time as possible with them.  

DGS Ren is starting up soccer after a brief off season break.  Today they traveled to Columbus, Ohio and played a highly ranked team one year older than he is.  Ren scored the tying goal (3-3)  The opposite team hasn't lost or tied in a year so this was a very good result for Ren's team.

I realized a while ago we didn't have Care or Celebration lists posted today.  Of course we all know who we need to pray for, and cheer on our cruisers, but if anyone wants to volunteer setting one up for tomorrow, that's fine.  Or I could attempt it.  We don't often think about how much work it is for Roy to make notes and update the list each day.  Any thoughts or preferences?

• Like 28

9 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@Seasick Sailor, Joy,glad you are ok.My Niece(grandma) sent two pictures  last week.Camilla's hair  does the same thing her grandmother 's did when she was the same age.A cockatu look....This little girl is a hoot and also shares  her grandmother's knack for getting in trouble

11348.jpeg

Beautiful! 🙂

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I had broccoli last night and so-called baby broccoli tonight, but not in a casserole with cauliflower. I'm not trying to have a broccoli festival; this is just what was on hand, and tomorrow there will be Swiss chard.

G&T is my typical choice in warm weather. It was 44° today, which I didn't consider warm enough, not that I have any gin or tonic on hand anyway. Buenos Aires is yet another port that I haven't visited.

This morning in the synagogue I led Psalm 148 to the tune of "Michael, row the boat ashore." Some of the congregation sang along, but I was happy merely not to be lynched, because most people here dislike novelty and change.

I'm  having trouble thinking about packing for my cruise next week--that is, rather to pack heavy and have no concerns about laundry, or light because I'll be handling my own luggage, on a ferry to Manhattan, to my hotel, to the cruise terminal, and eventually back to the ferry terminal. None of these is really far from the others and the ferry line provides a bus (which is part of the problem, because the buses are not adapted for boarding with luggage).

1183193586_blizzardwarning.thumb.jpg.0f0d807bf1bc15da2c83a157ba844c89.jpg

• Like 16
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Are before and after pictures possible?

Lenda

I'm afraid I don't have any before pictures.  It was too awful for pictures.  

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

Roy, you may want them to admit you as an inpatient. Hospitals don't like to do this solely for observation, where you may not need treatment and aren't expected to be there two nights, but it can affect the insurance coverage.

https://www.medicare.gov/what-medicare-covers/what-part-a-covers/inpatient-or-outpatient-hospital-status

I second this suggestion.  Observation leaves you with a big out of pocket bill.  I can see observation for a few hours, but if you need to keep someone overnight and treat them, that isn't observation.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1