Princess hung up on me

Leebernie

I was talking to people on princess last night, they said been on phone so long they couldn't transfer to guest services because now closed. Said call back next day and she left note in file approved to be sent to guest services. Called and waited 3 hours to get person and she said wouldn't let me talk to guest services and she said I couldn't be helped. I said whole experience awful want to speak to supervisor. She said no and hung up on me. I am appalled and want to complain but won't be sent to guest services or supervisor. 

7 minutes ago, Leebernie said:

I was talking to people on princess last night, they said been on phone so long they couldn't transfer to guest services because now closed. Said call back next day and she left note in file approved to be sent to guest services. Called and waited 3 hours to get person and she said wouldn't let me talk to guest services and she said I couldn't be helped. I said whole experience awful want to speak to supervisor. She said no and hung up on me. I am appalled and want to complain but won't be sent to guest services or supervisor. 

Me to   It happen to me first week in January. To bad I can’t provide her name on here. 

20 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Why Celebrity when it was Princess?

I edited it out. Had 2 windows going at the same time.  And good luck getting any satisfaction from the customer relations address.

OP could just head for the top - and try jpadgett@princesscruises.com

Edited by mom says

@Leebernie  Curious what the issue was that you were discussing. Was it something CS could handle or was it something like excursions, EZAir, etc. We keep having excursions canceled (two cruises in the last 2 months) and called CS who couldn't explain why it happened. Not under their purview. They could only verify that a refund would be forthcoming and that emails were sent out. Unfortunately, they went to our TA who didn't forward until a week later after we had already spoken to Princess CS.

38 minutes ago, memoak said:

Another reason why we use a CVP

A CVP can’t help with lots of things.  We are having a DMW problem which was caused by Princess (not my CVP).  Guest Relations can’t even get things corrected.  I am so disappointed in the customer service that I have received lately.  Over 20 cruises with Princess and I have never had problems like this.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Leebernie said:

That’s awful.

5 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

A CVP can’t help with lots of things.  We are having a DMW problem which was caused by Princess (not my CVP).  Guest Relations can’t even get things corrected.  I am so disappointed in the customer service that I have received lately.  Over 20 cruises with Princess and I have never had problems like this.

I don’t believe anyone at guest services can help with DMW only Navigators. Yes a CVP cannot help either but they can escalate really fast. One reason we got reimbursed within 6 weeks or so for Canadian quarantine charges and did not even go through AON

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, memoak said:

I don’t believe anyone at guest services can help with DMW only Navigators. Yes a CVP cannot help either but they can escalate really fast. One reason we got reimbursed within 6 weeks or so for Canadian quarantine charges and did not even go through AON

Unfortunately, it was a navigator that messed it up and four other Navigators could not correct the problem.  I spoke to guest relations both times because the Navigators say there is nothing they can do and that guest relations needs to do something for us. I don’t want anything for free; I just want the problem corrected.  I’m glad your problem was corrected.

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

4 hours ago, Leebernie said:

The guest services agents are the ones who answer when you call Princess and select the option that you are a guest with an existing reservation.  Maybe try being decent and polite on the phone and you will have different results.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

A CVP can’t help with lots of things.  We are having a DMW problem which was caused by Princess (not my CVP).  Guest Relations can’t even get things corrected.  ...

Personally can't imagine a DMW problem significant enough to bother my CVP (says someone who circumvents that whole issue by just working with the HW)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:
12 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Personally can't imagine a DMW problem significant enough to bother my CVP (says someone who circumvents that whole issue by just working with the HW)

I did not bother my CVP.  

Curious mind wants to know what the problem is

Edited by Ombud

8 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Curious mind wants to know what the problem was

We had two cabins booked with a total of 5 people.  We like early dining, so a few months ago, I booked 5 PM, Skagway dining room, private table for five.  About a week ago, someone decided they would join us and booked a solo cabin.  I called to have them added to our table. I told the person (DMW Navigator) that I did not want to change the time or the dining room, and I just wanted to add one more person. That person ended up messing up our entire weeks worth of reservations. We have one day where three people are in one dining room, and three people are in a different dining room. We have one day where only I have a reservation.  We have one day where only three people have a reservation.  I have made five different phone calls and we still have three messed up days. You can imagine how many hours I have spent on the phone. That’s not what I booked.  It’s a total mess.

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

Just now, Ombud said:

@MsSoCalCruiser wow that must be frustrating.  But at least it's an easy fix for the onboard HW (fixed table for 5: same table / staff / no others at table) since you're willing to accept 5pm.  

We have six people now with the person that booked last week. I’m hoping that they can fix it for us before we board.  There have been a few people here that have had problems that were not corrected when they were onboard.  On the night that we are split into two dining rooms, they even split up couples in the same cabin.

They are telling me that they can put us together at a table after 7 PM, but there is nothing available earlier.  It would be one thing if I didn’t already have 5 PM reservations for 5 people that was totally messed up by a Princess Navigator.  If I would have known what was about to happen I never would have made that phone call and waited until we were on the ship.  It certainly doesn’t make me want to rush to book another cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

This is my first time sailing with Princess. The customer service and long hold times have really made me leery of ever booking with Princess again. Today I found out they sent our companions medallions to the right address, but instead of Indiana they sent them to Idaho. WTH! They will not send them to the correct address. I was on hold for over three hours and still told you'll have to pick them up at the port. This isn't the first time either. Problems with the app, no military discount showing up even though we got an email confirming. Planning a cruise is part of the fun of cruising. Sadly, NOT with Princess.🤔

16 minutes ago, homesclcruisers said:

This is my first time sailing with Princess. The customer service and long hold times have really made me leery of ever booking with Princess again. Today I found out they sent our companions medallions to the right address, but instead of Indiana they sent them to Idaho. WTH! They will not send them to the correct address. I was on hold for over three hours and still told you'll have to pick them up at the port. This isn't the first time either. Problems with the app, no military discount showing up even though we got an email confirming. Planning a cruise is part of the fun of cruising. Sadly, NOT with Princess.🤔

This is the first time I have had problems like this in over 20 cruises with them. Which ship will you be on?  It will only take a few minutes to pick up your medallion at the port, so don’t let that stress you out.

• Like 2