Are Sugar Free Maple Syrup and Sugar Free Jam, Zero Fat Yogurt Easily Available in the WJ?

teddie

20 minutes ago, teddie said:

Thanks in advance…

Teddie

Have definitely seen SF maple syrup in little packets in WJ, CK, MDR and Johnnie Rockets.  DH uses it.  If it is not out, just ask for it.  Don't know about jam/jelly.  I have seen plain greek yogurt, not sure if it was fat free though.  It was a brand I haven't seen in the past, not Fage 0% that I use at home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

As Keto, I can say it's difficult in the extreme...in fact they've cut the amount of sugar free stuff this year.  I take my own sweeteners of course, even take Skinny Girl Simple Syrup with me.

Always bring my own Splenda, just in case.  Thanks!

29 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

How is sugar free maple syrup produced? I thought maple syrup came from maple trees after boiling down the sap.

You didn't think that it was actually maple syrup, did you?  It's "maple-flavored".

Ingredient list:

Water, Sorbitol, Cellulose Gum, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Salt, Caramel Color, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (to Preserve Freshness), Sucralose, Phosphoric Acid, Acesulfame Potassium, Aspartame, Citric Acid. Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

You didn't think that it was actually maple syrup, did you?  It's "maple-flavored".

Ingredient list:

Water, Sorbitol, Cellulose Gum, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Salt, Caramel Color, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (to Preserve Freshness), Sucralose, Phosphoric Acid, Acesulfame Potassium, Aspartame, Citric Acid. Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine

Lol I didn't think so, but I wanted to be sure.  As far as that ingredient list, no thanks!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, teddie said:

Always bring my own Splenda, just in case.  Thanks!

Splenda should not be an issue cruising of of the US or Canada.  Out of other countries though pink, blue, yellow, and green might not all be available and/or artificial sweeteners could be a local brand packaged differently. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

As Keto, I can say it's difficult in the extreme...in fact they've cut the amount of sugar free stuff this year.  I take my own sweeteners of course, even take Skinny Girl Simple Syrup with me.

I’m on Keto and take my own sweeteners too-Whole Earth. Found the sugar free gluten free desserts good on the Odyssey TA in October. 

Jenni

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Ingredient list:

Sigh... I know it's not; but I'll manage with the facsimile. 🙂

14 hours ago, time4u2go said:

How is sugar free maple syrup produced? I thought maple syrup came from maple trees after boiling down the sap.

It's produced in that special way that makes me think I am consuming the real thing. 🙂

• Haha 1

In the past they would always have the single serving pods of sugar free syrup right next to the other toppings.  On Navigator in December it was nowhere to be found.  Maybe it was just a supply issue but I assume it was just another cost cutting exercise.  Hopefully someone who was on another ship recently will prove me wrong.

• Like 1

As someone who has been low carb for almost 2 decades, I'm curious why sugar free syrup is needed.  Everything I would put syrup on isn't something I would eat anyway.  At least on a ship where finding keto pancakes is not possible.  

I can very much understand the sweetners (but I would long term suggest getting off of them for coffee- I'm a cream only person now- makes life easier).  And the sugar free yogurt.  

But not syrup.  

As for keto on the ship- as long as you can get away from the bread they bring to the table, I haven't found it that hard.  Especially when the waiter knows what you are doing.  It's a great test to deal with temptations, but at the same time, the choices are abundant enough to not stray.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, time4u2go said:

It's not.  One poster above used the proper term for the sugar free product:  "pancake syrup".  It is high fructose corn syrup.  Nothing at all like real maple syrup.  Once you've had it on pancakes and waffles, you'll never go back.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, alfaeric said:

As someone who has been low carb for almost 2 decades, I'm curious why sugar free syrup is needed.  Everything I would put syrup on isn't something I would eat anyway.  At least on a ship where finding keto pancakes is not possible.  

Not everyone is keto.  For diabetics or even people just watching calories or on a diet, a pancake or waffle with sugar free syrup is still fewer carbs than one with regular syrup.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, alfaeric said:

I can very much understand the sweetners (but I would long term suggest getting off of them for coffee- I'm a cream only person now- makes life easier).  And the sugar free yogurt.  

But not syrup.  

As for keto on the ship- as long as you can get away from the bread they bring to the table, I haven't found it that hard.  Especially when the waiter knows what you are doing.  It's a great test to deal with temptations, but at the same time, the choices are abundant enough to not stray.

No unsolicited health advice is needed. If you must know, there IS a personal health reason I asked my original question, and didn't feel I would need to elaborate further.  I had a feeling when I was first writing this post I would need to include a disclaimer. Oy. Only on CC. Been away for 6 years, and some things never change.

Teddie

• Like 2

1 hour ago, teddie said:

No unsolicited health advice is needed. If you must know, there IS a personal health reason I asked my original question, and didn't feel I would need to elaborate further.  I had a feeling when I was first writing this post I would need to include a disclaimer. Oy. Only on CC. Been away for 6 years, and some things never change.

Teddie

Ok.  Have a great trip. 

I have seen sugar free syrup, that’s it.

Very hard to find healthy breakfast options. Would love to see fat free greek yogurt and such, but if you look around, health conscious passengers are clearly few and far between onboard, so I guess the demand isn’t there 😒

• Like 2