The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday February 2nd, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Good morning all!

Today is the only day here that has no chance of rain for at least the next 10 days so I'll try to get outside to do some garden clean up.  Highs right around 50 F, not bad at all for February -- and when I hear about the frigid temperatures a lot of you are having, I'm feeling very grateful!  

Tomorrow when the rain returns I hope to (finally) get started on the painting that needs to be done upstairs.  Well I could at least get it taped off and furniture moved. 😉  It's a good time to do it, no appointments for several weeks.  

Jack @HeartgroveI'm sorry to hear that Sue has Covid now too.  Hoping you can avoid it!

Roy @rafinmdI hope you had a restful night at home last night.

Jacqui @kazuI'm sorry that it's such a long process of healing for your elbow and I hope the pain is manageable.

This morning there's minimal pain in my lip and I slept well after taking some Tylenol for the pain last night.  I didn't mention that I was surprised to see the stitches are purple!  DH said the dentist must be a WA Huskies fan. 

We've been to Santorini at least 3 times and have enjoyed every visit. We've rented a car and gone to wineries, a tour to Akrotiri, and just browsing the shops and lunch.   Annie @marshhawkwe've been there in October and I think it would be plenty warm to go swimming.  It was always in the 80's or warmer.  Here are the photos I shared last time.

ships.jpg.89a23456f4da6f871ba6565e10cde96f.jpg

Taken from the tender

1486569365_Santorinifromtender.jpg.88d72e432197f518fae6be6533861081.jpg

Yummy Greek salad

724624522_Greeksalad.jpg.36b0f3699eafe9dd231c817d98d3f113.jpg

Funicular

239564557_FunicularSantorini.jpg.3c97626080a34113b96c89e73f0dd19f.jpg

Scenes from Akrotiri

Akrotiri.jpg.c2ecde45a550e611d787f20bcb1fd45a.jpg

182330612_Akrotiri2.thumb.jpg.20030bbd4cb24b20c556663da48a680a.jpg

703849935_vasesAkrotiri.jpg.be327d21ca797ffdcab65878f675efde.jpg

In the museum

947318725_Museumfrescos.jpg.1dfbdafcaaf11921f594f04ec284cce1.jpg

A gold ibex figurine 

171773314_goldibexfigurine.jpg.42db1247dd227684609b38e702559033.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6

Good morning to all and thanks for the Daily!

here in Quebec we have Fred la Marmotte (groundhog),  he died today, tomorrow will the temperature will be -28,  not a good sign😱😉

on the bright side , our second foster dog arrives tomorrow!   We promptly adopted the first one and our kids don’t think we get the concept of “fostering”, we will see.

Sending positive thoughts to all!

Jo

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning from a cloudy but warming central Texas.  One thermometer read 33F earlier, and I'll use it instead of the ones saying it's 32F.  We are still supposed to get more rain/freezing rain this morning, then just rain as our temperature rises to 36F.  It will be cold tonight, but it is supposed to be clear, so maybe, we'll get to see the comet.  🤞  Tomorrow is supposed to be 46F and sunny all day.

Another interesting collection of days to celebrate, especially Ground Hog Day, which is also older DD and DSIL's 19th anniversary.  They were married on a sea day by the captain on Golden Princess.  Getting married on a ship is easy on just about everyone, since the ship does all the work and provides the music, cake, flowers, wedding chapel.  We just had to buy the booze, but we got a cruise out of it too.  DD worked with a coordinator in Miami to arrange things the way they wanted.  There have been a few days this year that I could have worn one of my two remaining sweaters, but they are in Quartzsite.  I realize that doesn't make much sense, but on the few very chilly days, they are good instead of a coat.

The E. B. White quote is interesting, and in retirement, I think we follow the last part more, while still hoping we can improve the world some.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  The wine sounds interesting, and I like Pinot Noirs.

We have visited Santorini twice on BHBs.

@rafinmd  Roy, I hope you got a good night's rest and are feeling better today.  Take it easy for a while as you recuperate, and let others take care of the Fleet/Daily.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, thank you for helping Roy while he recovers.  I just checked the Dallas weather, and it will be above freezing all day with rain from about 3 pm to 7pm.  I think planes will be able to fly, but after three days of closed airports, it may still be a mess.  Fingers crossed 🤞 that they can get out tonight.  I'm glad the boys did get some practice in this week, but what lousy timing.

@aliaschief  Bruce, the resort looks so peaceful and relaxing.

@1ANGELCAT  After living in southeast PA for five years, we no longer believe Punxsutawney Phil.  He always sees his shadow with all the lights for the tv cameras.

@ocean sounds  Thanks for the information about Big All.  We may have heard of him when we lived near Houston, but he had slipped from our memories.

@Heartgrove  Jake, I'm sorry Sue also tested positive.  I hope you manage to stay well.

@superoma  Eva, thanks for keeping us informed about Roy the past few days.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I'm glad the HVAC is installed, and the new thermometers are interesting.  We have one, and the app is on both phones and tablets.  That's great news the insurance company released the remaining funds, and just in time, too.

@marshhawk  Annie, so lying is part of the ground hog's nature.  🤣  Sounds good that your cruise is now paid in full.

@ger_77  Gerry, I never doubted your weather reports.  I hope there is nothing serious wrong with your DH's foot.

@RedneckBob  Enjoy Houston and all the pre-wedding festivities.  BTW, you are experiencing Texas weather with all the changes.

@cunnorl  Charlene, I also stay away from many of the threads due to the complaining, arguing and negativity.  

@RMLincoln  You reminded me why we took the gondola up and down instead of walking down.  We wanted to avoid all the smelly "donkey stuff".

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm sorry you did not get better news from the doctor yesterday and are looking at a longer healing time.  The weekly appointments sound like another pain you know where, but I'm glad the surgeon is keeping a close eye on the healing and that darn "pin" trying to come out too soon.  I also hope the pain lessens as the elbow heals.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 5

In 2016, we were in Santorini on Prinsendam.  That day, we took the gondola up to Thira and walked around a little but it was very crowded.  We stopped at a restaurant near the gondola entrance and enjoyed a coke and the view.  The line back down looked long, but moved fast.  These are the pictures of Thira from 2016.

DSC08021.thumb.JPG.a8b3cfcb367206b8bf193842f80a0f0a.JPG

DSC08022.thumb.JPG.2789a41fb08c3fb59877c044f9a9638a.JPG

DSC08023.thumb.JPG.6a703919589855fcd91bf7ebe67216b9.JPG

The gondola, which for us beat the steps.  While I'm not fond of gondolas, it was the steps getting to and out of the cars that bothered me.  

DSC08025.thumb.JPG.996820f57bf10030495f6810aaf831b8.JPG

The steps down fairly up close and then a long view of the entire trail.

DSC08032.thumb.JPG.01e48a8206ca00d2aa3faef542196816.JPG

DSC08037.thumb.JPG.9e50065b30de545c54f91d729bd04f6d.JPG

The area around the tender dock

DSC08033.thumb.JPG.4fa418f4aab2b0de41a73ab00c6647d2.JPG

I'll post the pictures from our second visit in a few minutes.

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6

In 2019, the Veendam took us to Santorini for our second visit.  We opted to take a ship's tour which included the Minoan ruins, Oia and Thira.

Akrotiri was Cycladic cultural settlement related to the Minoan culture.  The village was  destroyed by the volcano in the 16th century BCE.  The village, named for the nearby modern village of Akrotiri,  is well preserved and is still being excavated.  The first excavations were in 1867.

A couple of stops on the way to Akrotiri.  The first was a roadside chapel, the second the view from the road, and finally ruins of an old windmill.

DSC06158.thumb.JPG.aab691b11e247b1a149090276e2f167f.JPG

DSC06160.thumb.JPG.7363600a21405684cc35d19e40a18eb3.JPG

DSC06163.thumb.JPG.cca7b035f54fe6708c0bc6853a3cd711.JPG

DSC06164.thumb.JPG.7b53d466e61f00d01aed76b5a2edf4ac.JPG

Pictures of some of the ruins, which fortunately are under a cover to protect them and us from the sun.  It is hard to tell, but the site is huge.

DSC06167.thumb.JPG.d1954a10e1d89b8db7d37e692ee5526c.JPG

DSC06176.thumb.JPG.dee1bfb336538671863ea91733ccc95e.JPG

Oia near where the bus dropped us off.

DSC06180.thumb.JPG.05a311683265626d595e2f6f6bc1d43a.JPG

The church and views from Oia

DSC06181.thumb.JPG.fd7cc84ba5438358dcdce85e45916550.JPG

DSC06184.thumb.JPG.c994c865ce15dec2be324c92216d4ebe.JPG

DSC06186.thumb.JPG.7b72aed35d4cae07e6239aba5a1184b4.JPG

DSC06187.thumb.JPG.e2cc09598dd104d64f66850c76ed0fcf.JPG

We had quite a bit of free time in Oia, and after wandering through most of the upper part of Oia, we found a nice place to sit and enjoy gelato.

This view. I think, is Oia from the Veendam.

DSC06191.thumb.JPG.51f17a080cdd3cef860ce077bebe8623.JPG

Lenda

Added today, that we thought Santorini was crowded on our first visit which was in October, but it was nothing compared to the second visit which was in July.  When the guide dropped us off to catch the gondola down, it was even more jammed packed.  We decided to get in the line for the gondola, which wrapped around a square and down a side street.  However, the line moved pretty quickly.  Santorini is a nice place to visit, but we prefer Mykonos.

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, ocean sounds said:

Fun fact - near Beaumont, Tx is an alligator preserve - Gator Country, which has its own twist on Groundhog Day.   They use one of their bigger gators, Big Al, a 1000 lb, 90+ year old Gator, to predict upcoming winter or spring .    Strange but true.  Also true - I’m scared of alligators 🐊 😂

Thanks for the fun fact! The only alligator I ever got close to was after an airboat ride in the everglades near Fort Lauderdale. The gator was small and had some electrical tape around his mouth.

1898281593_Anthonywithgator.thumb.JPG.b45631902d49eb08a11f059c65784410.JPG

1624335251_Cathywithgator.thumb.JPG.f6891012d9967f7207c7464a9eed2749.JPG

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Happy Candlemas. Groundhog Day is big here in PA with Punxsutawney Phil. I'll celebrate sweaters, as I'm always cold. Interesting quote.  I'll pass on the meal and the drink and yes to the wine.

I've been to Greece, but not Santorini Island.

It's sunny and 29F now. The cold front is coming tonight. I'll be inside today, puttering around the house.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for starting us up and our lists. Nice Santorini photos. It seems DS is trying to make the best of a bad situation; it's too bad the weather is causing such havoc. 

@aliaschief It sounds like you're having a nice relaxing time. Great sunset photos!

@kazu Stay warm! I have a little heater going in the room I hang out in, as it's colder than the rest of the house. So sorry to hear there was so much damage to your elbow, and that it will take a good while to heal. Hang in there. 

@Heartgrove Sorry to hear Sue is also positive, although probably not unexpected. I hope she and DSIL feel better soon, and that you stay negative.

@smitty34877 We had quite a few homeless people in parks. Recently a new shelter was opened and filled quickly; but some won't go to one even though workers go out and try to persuade them to. I hope Tana can eat a little more, to keep up her strength.

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you got the new HVAC in and that the insurance company is coming through.

@Seasick Sailor Oh no on the trees losing branches. How awful for the people who lost their house to fire. 

@ger_77 Oh my on that cold! Do cars even start?

@Cruising-along I'm glad you didn't have a lot of pain. Lovely photos.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Happy Anniversary to DD and DSIL. Thanks for the pictures of Santorini.

@rafinmd I hope you had a good night's rest. Relax and recover.

Prayers for the Care List. I hope we hear something from @Scrapnana Kathi. Cheers to all with something to Celebrate. Stay well everyone.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 6

39 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a cloudy but warming central Texas.  One thermometer read 33F earlier, and I'll use it instead of the ones saying it's 32F.  We are still supposed to get more rain/freezing rain this morning, then just rain as our temperature rises to 36F.  It will be cold tonight, but it is supposed to be clear, so maybe, we'll get to see the comet.  🤞  Tomorrow is supposed to be 46F and sunny all day.

Another interesting collection of days to celebrate, especially Ground Hog Day, which is also older DD and DSIL's 19th anniversary.  They were married on a sea day by the captain on Golden Princess.  Getting married on a ship is easy on just about everyone, since the ship does all the work and provides the music, cake, flowers, wedding chapel.  We just had to buy the booze, but we got a cruise out of it too.  DD worked with a coordinator in Miami to arrange things the way they wanted.  There have been a few days this year that I could have worn one of my two remaining sweaters, but they are in Quartzsite.  I realize that doesn't make much sense, but on the few very chilly days, they are good instead of a coat.

The E. B. White quote is interesting, and in retirement, I think we follow the last part more, while still hoping we can improve the world some.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  The wine sounds interesting, and I like Pinot Noirs.

@rafinmd  Roy, I hope you got a good night's rest and are feeling better today.  Take it easy for a while as you recuperate, and let others take care of the Fleet/Daily.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, thank you for helping Roy while he recovers.  I just checked the Dallas weather, and it will be above freezing all day with rain from about 3 pm to 7pm.  I think planes will be able to fly, but after three days of closed airports, it may still be a mess.  Fingers crossed 🤞 that they can get out tonight.  I'm glad the boys did get some practice in this week, but what lousy timing.

@1ANGELCAT  After living in southeast PA for five years, we no longer believe Punxsutawney Phil.  He always sees his shadow with all the lights for the tv cameras.

@ocean sounds  Thanks for the information about Big All.  We may have heard of him when we lived near Houston, but he had slipped from our memories.

@Heartgrove  Jake, I'm sorry Sue also tested positive.  I hope you manage to stay well.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I'm glad the HVAC is installed, and the new thermometers are interesting.  We have one, and the app is on both phones and tablets.  That's great news the insurance company released the remaining funds, and just in time, too.

@marshhawk  Annie, so lying is part of the ground hog's nature.  🤣  Sounds good that your cruise is now paid in full.

@ger_77  Gerry, I never doubted your weather reports.  I hope there is nothing serious wrong with your DH's foot.

@RedneckBob  Enjoy Houston and all the pre-wedding festivities.  BTW, you are experiencing Texas weather with all the changes.

@cunnorl  Charlene, I also stay away from many of the threads due to the complaining, arguing and negativity.  

@RMLincoln  You reminded me why we took the gondola up and down instead of walking down.  We wanted to avoid all the smelly "donkey stuff".

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm sorry you did not get better news from the doctor yesterday and are looking at a longer healing time.  The weekly appointments sound like another pain you know where, but I'm glad the surgeon is keeping a close eye on the healing and that darn "pin" trying to come out too soon.  I also hope the pain lessens as the elbow heals.

Lenda

Thanks Linda. I normally bring my golf clubs with me to Houston this time of year. We play Sat am and temps in 50’s and again on Tuesday with temps in 70’s.

• Like 10

53 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Today is the only day here that has no chance of rain for at least the next 10 days so I'll try to get outside to do some garden clean up.  Highs right around 50 F, not bad at all for February -- and when I hear about the frigid temperatures a lot of you are having, I'm feeling very grateful!  

Tomorrow when the rain returns I hope to (finally) get started on the painting that needs to be done upstairs.  Well I could at least get it taped off and furniture moved. 😉  It's a good time to do it, no appointments for several weeks.  

Jack @HeartgroveI'm sorry to hear that Sue has Covid now too.  Hoping you can avoid it!

Jacqui @kazuI'm sorry that it's such a long process of healing for your elbow and I hope the pain is manageable.

This morning there's minimal pain in my lip and I slept well after taking some Tylenol for the pain last night.  I didn't mention that I was surprised to see the stitches are purple!  DH said the dentist must be a WA Huskies fan. 

We've been to Santorini at least 3 times and have enjoyed every visit. We've rented a car and gone to wineries, a tour to Akrotiri, and just browsing the shops and lunch.   Annie @marshhawkwe've been there in October and I think it would be plenty warm to go swimming.  It was always in the 80's or warmer.  Here are the photos I shared last time.

Taken from the tender

Yummy Greek salad

Funicular

Scenes from Akrotiri

In the museum

A gold ibex figurine 

I'm happy to hear your lip isn't too painful this morning.  Mouths heal quickly so hope that is the case with your stitched up lip.  Thanks for your photos today.  The Greek salad made me hungry!  And the tour you took sounds like a good one.

46 minutes ago, jodi58 said:

here in Quebec we have Fred la Marmotte (groundhog),  he died today, tomorrow will the temperature will be -28,  not a good sign😱😉

on the bright side , our second foster dog arrives tomorrow!   We promptly adopted the first one and our kids don’t think we get the concept of “fostering”, we will see.

Jo

I don't have a list of who posts here but if this is your first visit, welcome and we hope you come back.  Good luck with the foster dog!

36 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

DS was notified early today that his 3 pm flight was delayed until 6:30 pm.  We'll see if that time holds or not.  Yes, it's a shame things haven't worked out as planned for the Dads.  The Moms were there a while back with the boys so they got a better idea of the Club and area.  The Dads wanted a good look too.  Thanks for your photos too!

17 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Happy Candlemas. Groundhog Day is big here in PA with Punxsutawney Phil. I'll celebrate sweaters, as I'm always cold. Interesting quote.  I'll pass on the meal and the drink and yes to the wine.

It's sunny and 29F now. The cold front is coming tonight. I'll be inside today, puttering around the house.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for starting us up and our lists. Nice Santorini photos. It seems DS is trying to make the best of a bad situation; it's too bad the weather is causing such havoc. 

@aliaschief It sounds like you're having a nice relaxing time. Great sunset photos!

@kazu Stay warm! I have a little heater going in the room I hang out in, as it's colder than the rest of the house. So sorry to hear there was so much damage to your elbow, and that it will take a good while to heal. Hang in there. 

@Heartgrove Sorry to hear Sue is also positive, although probably not unexpected. I hope she and DSIL feel better soon, and that you stay negative.

@smitty34877 We had quite a few homeless people in parks. Recently a new shelter was opened and filled quickly; but some won't go to one even though workers go out and try to persuade them to. I hope Tana can eat a little more, to keep up her strength.

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you got the new HVAC in and that the insurance company is coming through.

@Seasick Sailor Oh no on the trees losing branches. How awful for the people who lost their house to fire. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Happy Anniversary to DD and DSIL. Thanks for the pictures of Santorini.

Prayers for the Care List. I hope we hear something from @Scrapnana Kathi. Cheers to all with something to Celebrate. Stay well everyone.

Thanks for your comments, too Vanessa.  It's been my pleasure to help Roy with his Daily postings.  We'll all be happy when he is back on his "feet" doing what he loves best.  Being sick like this is a real bummer for him.  I saw he liked some earlier posts today but hoping we will hear from him before the day is gone.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all!  Prayers for those in need!  Glad the doctor is keeping a close eye on you Jacqui!  Gerry, brr glad I’m not home!  

We’ve visited Santorini multiple times and have also stayed there. Highly recommend Akrotiri, the black and red sand beaches. And @marshhawkOctober maybe just fine.  And walnut cake in Oia with mastic ice cream. Last visit we were the only ship because of the dynamic positioning on the Koningsdam that could visit. 

FB518172-3DD3-483F-A69F-31D078C212BB.jpeg

D6121A45-E524-4DF1-8955-FB58C035EB65.jpeg

176BEB5E-2E93-4C3E-9487-3BAA107996AD.jpeg

2CCA5B30-1CAC-4BA5-981F-145957DFA4EE.jpeg

52832466-CA0E-4304-903B-64659197653B.jpeg

15CA45BD-95A6-43A0-9D79-AD96ACC3C009.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for the info, I think I will rethink a beach day.  10 days on this cruise, and 15 days after, it will be nice to be in sea water for a day.

I have been procrastinating walking the dog, but with the heavier rain about to start in an hour, I must move.  Then come home and create (note not fix or prepare, it's create lunch).  

• Like 20

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites. 

Sandi, take a bow! Great Daily and Care List. Thank you Dixie, Ann and Debbie. 

Prayers lifted for our friends,  especially our Roy, Tana, Jacqui, Kathi (concerned no word on her) and hoping Sarah is on the mend.

I'm very sad this morning for our trees. They are iced over and breaking limbs. Our friend told us a neighbor had a down electric line and the house caught fire. The fire destroyed half the house and the fire department destroyed the rest with water hoses. We count ourselves blessed we still have heat!

Have a wonderful day. Be kind. (Love the quote today)

Thank you Joy.

Sarah is not as well as we first thought as she doesn't like to worry us by telling us.

I hope you are feeling better now after your fall and dental surgery.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a sunny and warm day at the beach

Have to enjoy it today because there is another front coming in tomorrow bringing cool rainy weather for the next  few days. 

Have not been to todays port but it is definitely  on my list. Love seeing the pictures.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi-   THanks for keeping out thread going It is quite the undertaking and most appreciated.

@rafinmd Roy   Glad you are home from the hospital and hope you are feeling better soon   Rest.

I dont read too many other threads anymore, some are getting downright nasty and critical of everything.  So I ignore them Too bad because I have always enjoyed CC and learned a lot!

Playing golf this afternoon. Always enjoyed.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

I hope you have a great round of golf this afternoon Charlene.

Like you I only tend to post on the Dailys of HAL,RCL and P&O now as even nice helping posts can get snarky comments back.

Graham.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for the Fleet update and general info. And thanks Sandi welcoming me home but I am only half way home; in Houston TX for a week.

Nothing new to report. I’m just out of fresh material today; and no, I am not sick!

Ok, I found some new materials.

Today is also National Tater Tot Day.

You might be a Redneck (Bob) if you refer to your first born to the crop you grow (potato’s): Tater Tot

• Like 5
  • Haha 11

2 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Greetings from Tauranga, New Zealand on a dreary Friday morning. It is overcast, chilly, and feels like it could rain at any time.

Thanks again to @StLouisCruisersfor posting each day and to the F&B department for their contributions.

The view from my balcony this morning.

20230203_071109.thumb.jpg.9c22556fe8cc396f6b48f8b83f4f80c2.jpg

Thanks Rich!  I'm sorry to see the weather isn't the greatest there.  I love visiting Tauranga but I always think of it as sunny.  What a shock! LOL  Our favorite thing to so there is walk all around Mount Maunganui on the hiking path.  Great views of the water all the way around.

• Like 17

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I'm sorry the ice is damaging your trees.  Hopefully, Claudio and his crew and trim them and save them.   

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Taken from the tender

Yummy Greek salad

Funicular

Scenes from Akrotiri

In the museum

A gold ibex figurine 

Carolyn, I'm glad there is minimal pain from the trip to the dentist.  I hope the biopsy comes back benign, but it's good the dentist wanted to check it to be sure.  Purple stitches sound interesting.

1 hour ago, jodi58 said:

Jo

Jo, glad to see you pop back in today.  Not good news about or from Fred the Marmotte.  Keep us posted about the foster dog and if it becomes a permanent member of the family.

1 hour ago, Rowsby said:

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser.....my genealogy ears perked up.....:)

What would be the marriage location noted...when married onboard ship....??

Sue, since the ship was registered in Bermuda, under Bermuda law, it was considered a Bermuda civil wedding.  The ship was at sea between Fort Lauderdale and Sint Maarten.  They registered the marriage in Texas, and according to the marriage records, Texas thinks the marriage took place on March 26.  I  found the information about the marriage registration on Ancestry a few weeks ago.   I think they may have gotten a certificate with the exact location of the ship, but I'm not sure.  The marriage certificate from the ship I have a photo of does not have a place for the location.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Vanessa, thanks for the anniversary wishes for DD and DSIL.   I'm not Gerry @ger_77, but many cars in Alaska, Canada and the really, really cold places in the US have block heaters to keep the engine from freezing.  When not being driven the cars are plugged in.  Many public parking lots have plugs at each space for the heaters, and you can see a plug hanging out from the front grill.

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Joy.

Sarah is not as well as we first thought as she doesn't like to worry us by telling us.

I hope you are feeling better now after your fall and dental surgery.

Take care.

Graham.

Graham, I'm sorry Sarah is not doing as well as you thought.  I know none of us like to worry our family with how we're really doing.  I bet going out to dinner helped improve her moral and mood.

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3