Coffee pots in Neptune suite

gizmodog

3 hours ago, gizmodog said:

Does anyone know what brand of coffee pot is in the Neptune suites? I would like to bring some of my own coffee pods.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

don’t bother!! Not a Keurig nor nespresso. The pods go on top side ways and pop down. Sorry they are like the hotels in Nice and Paris.

we had one on our last cruise on 1/31.Go to Neptune lounge they have the best Italian machine and the coffee is so good!

🌺Denise 

Lavazz is the name in Europe.

I didn't like the coffee from the in-room coffee maker. But the Neptune Lounge coffee machine was good. I wish they'd put in electric kettles so I could make tea. Or even instant coffee--I can hear the groans, but I'm not fussy about coffee. Tea, OTOH, matters greatly to me. 

The brand is Mocoffee, website is Portugal when I googled it. Tried the espresso pod on first morning because it was there, and surprisingly I liked it. Weird that the pod disappears in the machine after use. The founder of Nespresso invented it and they're working toward biodegradeable pods. (It was so unusual I had to find out more.)

image.jpeg

Recently we purchased a very inexpensive French coffee press, $18 at Marks and Spencer in Prague,  that we can use when traveling.  All you need is your favorite ground coffee and hot water.  We like milk in our coffee so have it in the room frig.   I am not a fan of pods.  There are less expensive French press coffee pots available and if you have to leave them at the end of the trip...at least you've had good coffee.  Cherie.    p.s.  we have a cold/hot container that we put the coffee into to keep it warm.    

41 minutes ago, blurrededge said:

Cup only from the Neptune Lounge.  They have a Melitta machine that brews a variety of styles by the cup.  It is much better than what you would get through room service.

Many thanks.  I just noticed on another thread that the Explorations Cafe isn't open until late morning.

8 minutes ago, cbr663 said:

Many thanks.  I just noticed on another thread that the Explorations Cafe isn't open until late morning.

On Eurodam last month, Explorations Cafe opened at 6 AM and the Pinnacle Bar was open for coffee at 7 AM.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

I don't know why it's so hard for HAL to get regular pods for these machines.  Like others have said, we were only given espresso pods on our cruise, and were told they couldn't get regular.  Sure we could get coffee from the Neptune Lounge, but I'm not going to go in my robe, and I like coffee before getting dressed.  I know, 1st world problem but if you pay for a Neptune Suite (which we don't usually do) you should be able to get full use of it.  Off my soap box now. 😉  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

On Eurodam last month, Explorations Cafe opened at 6 AM and the Pinnacle Bar was open for coffee at 7 AM.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Koningsdam Exploration Cafe opened at 6:00am for when shore excursions that day and 6:30 on sea days.

🌺Denise