Coco Cay Prices !

CGBanks

Everyone has to decide on the price break that works for you, but the value is almost No kids, mostly respectful not loud obnoxious adults, beautiful setting, even better service that other areas.

I'd value the meal at $50 per person easily, surf and turf steak was as good as at chops and there was no cost for the extra lobster we were asked if we wanted.

Other considerations, in my opinion are how many and what size ships that day and how soon do you want to get there on that day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

Everyone has to decide on the price break that works for you, but the value is almost No kids, mostly respectful not loud obnoxious adults, beautiful setting, even better service that other areas.

I'd value the meal at $50 per person easily, surf and turf steak was as good as at chops and there was no cost for the extra lobster we were asked if we wanted.

Other considerations, in my opinion are how many and what size ships that day and how soon do you want to get there on that day.

I’d have to agree 💯 with your assessment 👍🏻

We just get off the ship as early as possible and head over to South Beach. Love it there. We also especially enjoy the last 90 minutes - 2 hours or so of the day. Most people get back on the ship so early. The place gets even more beautiful, as seen below. 

Have a great time whatever you decide. 

30116530164440.thumb.jpeg.dad6c1de6f03f2f4a96ff93ae55c7683.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mets07 said:

We just get off the ship as early as possible and head over to South Beach. Love it there. We also especially enjoy the last 90 minutes - 2 hours or so of the day. Most people get back on the ship so early. The place gets even more beautiful, as seen below. 

We checked out the daybeds at South Beach and they are $200.  Are there places to eat close to South Beach ? Lockers ?

10 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

These prices are crazy. Are people actually paying them?  

Apparently so, otherwise Royal wouldn't be charging this much lest they have an empty Beach Club.

Another possibility is that they almost sold out at a lower price point and are selling the last available passes at high prices knowing there are a small number of people who will actually pay that much.  Kinda like how airlines jack up the price on the last few seats (even in coach) on an almost full flight... they're betting there are some pax who will pay that much because they absolutely have to be on that flight and/or are not price sensitive at all.

As another data point, the beach club pass is currently $169.99 on my February 26 Oasis cruise, a whopping 5% off the $170 "regular price."  But Royal only shows "one spot left," so with Oasis holding so many pax and Enchantment also in port that day there's probably no lack of demand.

All of the consternation about prices is as predictable as it is nugatory.

People value different things.  For me and my friends, the best possible way to spend the day at CocoCay is to wade around the big-ass pool sipping drinks we get from the swim-up bar.  That costs $0 extra since we had the beverage package.

For someone else, it could be sliding down the tall-ass waterslide.  That would have cost $100 per person on our cruise.

For yet someone else, beach club is where it’s at.  Prices have been discussed enough.

No one can tell you (OP) whether the beach club is worth it without more details.  For example, if food is the draw, have you booked specialty dining already?  If not, then consider the relative value of the unlimited dining package (whole cruise) versus beach club (one day). 

Edited by baelor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CGBanks said:

We checked out the daybeds at South Beach and they are $200.  Are there places to eat close to South Beach ? Lockers ?

Hi, we have only used the free loungers/umbrellas at South Beach, of which there are many. There is a snack shack (burgers, chicken sandwiches, salads, etc.) right on the beach and there is also a bar on the beach and another in the water. 

I think there are lockers available there, perhaps someone else can confirm.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm looking forward to the free lunch. I heard they have good funnel cakes and something.

omg, the funnel cakes were amazing! We are so looking forward to having them again in April.

Last time we got two each! And the chicken sammiches were great. We also got mozzarella cheese sticks (wonderful!), fries and cold grilled veggies (called a grilled veggie salad, but it wasn't exactly a salad).

Oh, and I ate the second funnel cake while floating on a floating ring in the ocean. That was quite something - very relaxing and enjoyable.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CGBanks said:

Yes there are lockers at south beach. We used them when we went to the swim up bar.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

The day bed nicely placed by the bar, loved it 

We got three of them, only because I was the first one off the ship and on the shuttle.  But honestly, we hardly got on them, in the pool mostly.  And it was chilly.

our beds.jpg

• Like 1

Guest phd1003
3 hours ago, mramella said:

I just checked for our Icon cruise in March of 24. A whopping $302.99 per person! And that's with the so-called 5% off discount. That is insane! I wonder how many suckers they get to pay that much!?

Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 6.14.43 AM.png

What is that...I heard the Thrill island Cabanas were around $800 🤮

3 hours ago, mramella said:

I just checked for our Icon cruise in March of 24. A whopping $302.99 per person! And that's with the so-called 5% off discount. That is insane! I wonder how many suckers they get to pay that much!?

For our upcoming March Wonder cruise the current prices for the Beach Club is at $283.99, over water cabana's are  $2999 and Thrill Island Cabana's are $999.  All are sold out, who knows what "sale" price they were purchased at but to answer your question many people will pay these amounts.  

15 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

But you can’t eat lobster in the MDR wearing a bikini and flip flops 😉

Funny you say that...... to each his own but I've wondered about paying extra to eat "fine dining" in the middle of the day on a beach.   I don't eat seafood to begin with, but I also don't really want a steak or "fancy" food for lunch, and especially not in a bathing suit.  I prefer more casual food for lunch anywhere and especially on a beach.  But again, to each their own!!  I can see it being an "only on vacation" kind of thing.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sandym718 said:

Funny you say that...... to each his own but I've wondered about paying extra to eat "fine dining" in the middle of the day on a beach.   I don't eat seafood to begin with, but I also don't really want a steak or "fancy" food for lunch, and especially not in a bathing suit.  I prefer more casual food for lunch anywhere and especially on a beach.  But again, to each their own!!  I can see it being an "only on vacation" kind of thing.  

As you say, each to their own 

The food is nice, we enjoy the club, we only pay what we think it is worth to us 

and when on vacation we like to chill away from the craziness and noise.

The beach club offers that.

and funny we enjoy seafood so when it is an option we like to try it

i don’t like Jazz, so I wouldn’t go to a jazz club or comment on a jazz thread about how good or bad the Jazz was in the club on a formal night or beach day 😉

When in Rome as they say, when you visit places out of the norm, why do mundane normal things, live a little 😎 YOLO

When on a land based day at the beach would you eat lobster ?

oh you don’t eat lobster 😂

Growing up on the coast, every time I went to the beach I pretty much ate something fishy or even caught it and cooked it on the beach 🏖 

Happy Days!

and getting back on topic, many would wear swimwear in MDR on formal night to eat lobster if they could.

But you have to like lobster in the first place 

JAZZ hands 👐🏻 

16 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

As you say, each to their own 

The food is nice, we enjoy the club, we only pay what we think it is worth to us 

and when on vacation we like to chill away from the craziness and noise.

The beach club offers that.

and funny we enjoy seafood so when it is an option we like to try it

i don’t like Jazz, so I wouldn’t go to a jazz club or comment on a jazz thread about how good or bad the Jazz was in the club on a formal night or beach day 😉

When in Rome as they say, when you visit places out of the norm, why do mundane normal things, live a little 😎 YOLO

When on a land based day at the beach would you eat lobster ?

oh you don’t eat lobster 😂

Growing up on the coast, every time I went to the beach I pretty much ate something fishy or even caught it and cooked it on the beach 🏖 

Happy Days!

and getting back on topic, many would wear swimwear in MDR on formal night to eat lobster if they could.

But you have to like lobster in the first place 

JAZZ hands 👐🏻 

Well I certainly didn't comment on if the food was good or not!  Was just pointing out how funny it is how differently people like to vacation.  I'm sure there's things I spend money on vacation that others think is just plain nutty too.  That's all I meant!

5 minutes ago, sandym718 said:

Well I certainly didn't comment on if the food was good or not!  Was just pointing out how funny it is how differently people like to vacation.  I'm sure there's things I spend money on vacation that others think is just plain nutty too.  That's all I meant!

All cool 😎 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CGBanks said:

We are sailing on The Wonder of the Seas in December and we are looking forward to Coco Cay. We are considering the Beach Club but at $235/pp we are not sure it’s worth it.  Would appreciate hearing from others who booked the Beach Club with your cost and experience there. Thanks so much !

Cindy 

I am going to be the lone dissenter. I am one of the crazies that would pay that price.  At $235/pp I have paid more for excursions for a couple of hours that didn't include lunch, so an entire day with a nice lunch is worth it for us.  

The $300+ for the Icon ones would probably be my breaking point. Luckily our April cruise was only $169 at the highest and dropped to under $100 over BF.

We booked it for $79 / pp last fall for a sailing Sept 2023.   

In the past we were paying as low as $42.99 / pp but the price increase (I think in 2022) of $200 or more is just crazy.    Now to see $300+ is insane.   But you are on vacation and if you want to splurge go right ahead and splurge.    It is a lovely area that we have been several times but there are many "free" areas that we enjoy too!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, mets07 said:

We prefer Chill Beach, but the difference between it and South Beach are negligible.  And no cost.  

15 hours ago, baelor said:

... People value different things ...

Yep, and I value good value for the dollar and the ability to cruise more often.  

10 hours ago, mramella said:

I just checked for our Icon cruise in March of 24. A whopping $302.99 per person! ...

Wowser, I really wonder who is willing to pay that!  

8 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

omg, the funnel cakes were amazing! We are so looking forward to having them again in April.

Last time we got two each! And the chicken sammiches were great. We also got mozzarella cheese sticks (wonderful!), fries and cold grilled veggies (called a grilled veggie salad, but it wasn't exactly a salad).

Oh, and I ate the second funnel cake while floating on a floating ring in the ocean. That was quite something - very relaxing and enjoyable.

Yes, you only get these foods once per cruise ... you can have the lobster multiple nights on board.  

6 hours ago, sandym718 said:

This makes sense to me.