Luggage Tags

mcrcruiser

We are on the March 5th Beyond cruise. We got the email that the docs were ready exactly 30 days (February 3rd) before we depart.
The docs were attached to the email as well. Luggage tags are at the end of the doc.

Celebrity is no longer mailing tags.   You can get them in your e-Documents or alternatively  - Select Cruise and in the area above Manage Reservation - Where Checkin it will also have an active link to your luggage tags without the full e-Documents.

• Like 1

I have a question: I'm on Infinity (Feb 25, Antarctica) and my luggage tags say "SAT-EZE". Is that some code? I know those are airports, but I'm not flying, so why does it say that? I sent an email to Celebrity, but they haven't replied.

4 hours ago, Iriel said:

I have a question: I'm on Infinity (Feb 25, Antarctica) and my luggage tags say "SAT-EZE". Is that some code? I know those are airports, but I'm not flying, so why does it say that? I sent an email to Celebrity, but they haven't replied.

I would have thought SAT because you are travelling on a Saturday 😎

EZE would be a code for the terminal or dock

Edited by groryjm
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Iriel said:

OMG I feel so dumb 🤣 Thank you! 

Don't feel bad, it's OK. 😊

Most people don’t have a need to memorize 3 letter Airport codes. 😉

EZE is the airport that services Montevideo, Argentina.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Don't feel bad, it's OK. 😊

Most people don’t have a need to memorize 3 letter Airport codes. 😉

EZE is Buenos Aires' airport. But since I'm not going to the airport I was confused.

4 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

1 hour ago, Iriel said:

EZE is Buenos Aires' airport. But since I'm not going to the airport I was confused.

You think you are confused, I thought Eze was a hilltop village on the French Riviera.  😲

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Lots easier, more secure and in my experience faster to:

Stick a piece of masking tape to your luggage with your cabin number.

Have a porter put a string tag on your bag that is less likely to tear off than a piece of paper.

Yes, many use luggage tag holders.  Agree they work great.

1 hour ago, pwppaul said:

I'm leaving on the Beyond this Sunday.  I noticed that my cabin was upgraded.  My luggage tags in my e docs still have the old cabin #.  How do I get new luggage tags with the correct cabin #?

When you drop off your luggage, inform one of the porters, they will put new tags on.  Make sure the old tags are not on your luggage.  😊

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Our luggage and cruise documents became available yesterday  - 30 days prior to cruise.

They are in the Cruise Documents near the end or of like me you don't want all the junk you can download luggage tags alone -  Option on Web  with Boarding Pass

image.thumb.png.6d521368882e0e9fbfd0056540fa0deb.png

boarding Pass 2.jpg

• Like 3

I bought a pack of 8 clear-plastic luggage tags with seriously sturdy metal tag-cables from Amazon that are specifically for cruise luggage. Pretty inexpensive and also reusable.

To me, it's much easier/more convenient to print/fold/insert the cruise tags you'll need at home and just affix them to your bags before heading to the port. Much nicer to just drop-and-go than to wait for them to be generated/affixed amidst the maelstrom of baggage-craziness around the kiosk, IMO.

cjr

• Like 6

On 2/13/2023 at 4:45 AM, pwppaul said:

I'm leaving on the Beyond this Sunday.  I noticed that my cabin was upgraded.  My luggage tags in my e docs still have the old cabin #.  How do I get new luggage tags with the correct cabin #?

Every time I win a MoveUp bid My luggage Tags on my Edocs Never change to the new cabin number.

Just have them make out a new tag at the luggage drop off.

And-yes the clear plastic RCCL/CCL tag size holders with the Steel Cable attachment wire from Amazon are bullet proof.

• Like 1

Thought about taking a carry bag on board with change of clothes.

-What time can I expect our luggage to be delivered to our room?

-If I bring a bag onboard, can I drop it off at my cabin's door so I don't have to carry it around until cabins are ready?

6 minutes ago, kitty-sail said:

-If I bring a bag onboard, can I drop it off at my cabin's door so I don't have to carry it around until cabins are ready?

We have brought a carry on with clothes and other items we may need before dinner. 

It is hard to say but we have always had our bags prior to 5 PM IIRC. 

Yes, Celebrity allows you to go directly to your room upon embarkation, collect your room keys, and drop any carry on luggage off in your room.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, kitty-sail said:

On this site and just about everywhere else, you will find people suggesting that you carry a change of clothes, essential meds and anything else you might want/need in your carry-on bag just in case your suitcase(s) doesn't show up on the airport carousel, or takes a really long time to arrive at your cabin for some reason.

Our bags were waiting for us in our room not long after we boarded last autumn (~6 hours after boarding). We packed "smart" though and didn't include anything that might warrant a trip to the "naughty room," as it's called here, based on Celebrity's list of no-no stuff: What Not to Pack.

Otherwise, once you board, you should find your room keys ("SeaPass") in an envelope outside of your door. No need to drop a bag outside of your door!

Hope this helps,

cjr

• Like 1