2nd Lobster 16.95 in dining room.

I was on board the Serenade just before the new policy on lobster was enforced.  So I tell my waiter that I would like a lobster appetizer, lobster main course and for dessert lobster a la mode.  He at first was taken aback then realized I was pulling his leg.   He did offer a second lobster tail but I declined.   Our waiters were  fantastic.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, squadron said:

Can see a revolt coming!  On my cruise in Sept I asked for two tails  - got them with no comment from the waiter but a man at the table  expressed his disapproval.

Why did a man at the table have an opinion or feel the need to share it? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Most people will not have to. It's only the overachievers who used to eat 8 lobster tails and / or ordered 2 or 3 entrees at a time who will have a problem. My wife and I usually share meals in most restaurants due to the large portions so on a cruise even the new smaller portions will seem large. My guess is that this is the same for most cruisers.

Nothing small about Carribean Roasted Chicken the other night😉

20230208_132642.thumb.jpg.2cf274f7562e5738b75f0fe7a4eaf614.jpg

Half a chicken. Very tasty

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/8/2023 at 7:12 AM, islandwannabee said:

This was the first time in over 50 cruises, no one asked how they were doing or to tell us about the survey. Not one person.

This makes me very happy! I absolutely hate it when the servers come around near the end of the cruise asking for 5’s on the surveys. We cruised on 2 different lines last year and their servers didn’t do that. I’m so used to it occurring on Royal, I didn’t realize it wasn’t the norm. I hope this is a fleetwide change. 

On 2/6/2023 at 2:48 PM, Jimbo said:

Do  you have to finish your main course to get a dessert?

Funny or not, it's actually typically true on any cruise line all the time: a waiter carefully observing a table for the last person to finish any course prior to bringing the next one (or giving a dessert menu for that matter).  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Why did a man at the table have an opinion or feel the need to share it? 

It's not possible not to have an opinion.  When one doesn't care, it's that's person opinion, too, nevertheless.

Voyage, Voyage!!!

54 minutes ago, gerif said:

You can always order a salad. I often ask for a plate of steamed veggies - never a problem. 

If they're on the menu.  People are saying now you can't order off the menu at all unless you registered with special dietary needs in advance.  

And some ships are interpreting "off the menu" as anything not plated to standard.  Say the steak comes with a baked potato and the meatloaf comes with mashed potatoes.  They won't let you get mashed potatoes with your steak or a side of just mashed potatoes. 

On 2/9/2023 at 2:29 PM, John&LaLa said:

Lobster night on Serenade tonight. I believe this might be the 2nd or 3rd week under new menu process

You’re on Serenade?  Can you let me know the rotation of menus, we’re going on the 10 day to Panama soon and the app still just shows kids menus.  I wanted to figure out when to skip Caribbean night with a specialty place….or even WJ.

1 hour ago, gerif said:

You can always order a salad. I often ask for a plate of steamed veggies - never a problem. 

Agree, but think it should come as standard. Should I have to ask for a decent serving of vegetables with my main meal of the day?  I also usually ask for extra vegetables but I shouldn't have to.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

You’re on Serenade?  Can you let me know the rotation of menus, we’re going on the 10 day to Panama soon and the app still just shows kids menus.  I wanted to figure out when to skip Caribbean night with a specialty place….or even WJ.

Check both dining rooms for menus.

Not sure how rotation would work on 10 days

You can also pull up a different sailing if all you see is kid menus