Wonderland restaurant

We did it last year.  It was us and our friends we were traveling with.  It was interesting and the food was good.  Now that we’ve done it we don’t need to do it again. I think it’s an experience worth doing, but probably best with a group.

• Like 1

We have done it 3 times, first time was magic, the following times were fine.  I really think it is a fun one time experience, it doesn’t change enough to be a multiple time experience, that said we have UDP coming up in May and will probably eat there a 4th time.  

We're big fans of Wonderland and dine here every year aboard Anthem. The food is delicious, the service is excellent. We particularly enjoy

Baby Vegetables in the Garden; crushed pumpernickel bread with root vegetables and a delightful dressing.

Citrus Seas Shhh; spicy tuna in scooped out limes with lemon flavored crushed ice, the Bird's Nest is a deviled egg type dish served under a dome that when lifted released curls of smoke. 

For entrees we are partial to the

Branzino with crispy bread and tamarind spice emulsion. A flaky, flavorful fish topped with a crunchy thin layer of flat bread, a real winner.

For dessert

The World is always a showstopper; a chocolate globe that melts before your eyes as the waiter generously pours hot caramel over it. As this rich, gooey goodness dissolves it melds with crispy puffs, peanut butter ganache and ice cream. 

Wonderland is wonderful, don't miss it. 

Jonathan

• Like 3

Have done it several times....really like the whimsical theme but just struggle a bit with the food. After the first time it's a little to predictable as nothing changes with the menu and it really doesn't surprise anymore....it's now a pass for me.

• Like 1

I thought it was great. I had the dining package in November and couldn't get a reservation because they were booked for the whole week by the time I got on the ship at 11am. I didn't really care because I didn't think I'd want to eat dinner at a place that seemed "tedious" (I thought it would take forever, that the ordering process would be confusing and that I wouldn't want to eat the food and/or wouldn't get full from it. Basically I thought it was gonna be more of a show than a dinner).

But during the week we decided to get on the waitlist, just because we wanted to try all of the restaurants, and I'm so happy that we got a chance to try it. Such a unique experience! Not only was it a fun atmosphere, but I thought the food was really well done. The dinner didn't feel tedious at all. The waiter made it easy and entertaining, and it didn't take as long as I thought it would to get through the dinner. I actually had plenty of food (I was full by the time we got to the dessert) and I liked everything they brought out for us to eat.

I'm surprised there isn't a land based restaurant doing the same thing. It's a really unique dining experience for people who have sophisticated palates and are open to fancier food. I'll go again for sure. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Kruisin' Karyn said:

Thinking of booking Wonderland for dinner.. yes or no?

For me it is all about the ship. Did Wonderland on Symphony, beautiful venue, two level with floor to ceiling windows, tables well spaced out. Walked into Wonderland on Ovation and Quantum, looked like they found a closet and decided to put in a restaurant.  I am a picky one..... 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

We have done it 3 times, first time was magic, the following times were fine.  I really think it is a fun one time experience, it doesn’t change enough to be a multiple time experience, that said we have UDP coming up in May and will probably eat there a 4th time.  

We were a 3 and done as well, same kind of experience first time was great the next two were okay.  Maybe in a couple of years but taking a break from it for now.

3 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

For me it is all about the ship. Did Wonderland on Symphony, beautiful venue, two level with floor to ceiling windows, tables well spaced out. Walked into Wonderland on Ovation and Quantum, looked like they found a closet and decided to put in a restaurant.  I am a picky one..... 

Totally agree! We tried it on Symphony (w/ friends), beautiful space. We let the waiter choose for us and loved trying many different appetizers, main courses were great.

Then, recently on Odyssey (just hubby and I) and the space was just ok, and instead of letting the waiter choose the apps for us i wanted to try some different ones. I was disappointed in all my choices! We decided after that meal that we probably were done with Wonderland.

I do think that when they offer to make the choices for you, you should go along. I believe they serve you the best options on the menu....and some of the others are just not that great!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed it a lot.  Would go back.  That and 150 CP were my favorite restaurants in terms of food.

i would be curious about why it was a one-and-done for so many when most of the restaurants’ menus do not change.

Edited by baelor

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

We enjoy the experience.  The Braised short ribs on 3 different Wonderland ships were excellent. The Chocolate World Sphere is a great dessert and the Smoke Rings an excellent drink.

Stay away from the tomato water and anything "nest"

The tomato water was so delicious I ordered an entire extra order for myself.  

Others in my party were freaked out by it lol.

• Haha 1