The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday February 8th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

2 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning from Puerto Madryn Argentina. A world of difference in temperature from Ushuaia and Antarctica. Highs in the high 80s. We have a close by shore excursion to a sea lion colony and a sheep farm.   It is a beautiful day.  

We are still in our cabin on Dolphin deck.  Another reason the cabin was probably unoccupied is because our cabin wall is on the other side of the mid ship gangway. Our morning started at 5 am with banging and dragging chains. I ran into two 6th floor neighbors and on one side our neighbor returned home yesterday. Our other neighbors are still out like we are. I made another trip up to our cabin to get that, sunscreen and cameras and the smell is dreadful. I have asthma we will see how that works out.

Prayers for all on our Care list and the people of Ukraine. Prayers for Roy, Jacqui, Kathi and Tana.  Have a wonderful day! Thanks for starting us off every day Sandi!

So sorry your cabin smells so badly.  They really need to pull out the carpet, dry out and then replace with new carpet.  I hope they will make something work for you so you can enjoy the rest of the cruise.  Crazy how the temps changed so quickly  the past 2 days.  I'm always amazed.

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Sandi! A lovely  morning here in NorthEast/Central Florida.

An early dermatologist appointment for me this morning. Then Bindi walks and my HIIT class. 

C61B43D9-56CC-4626-9E1E-7AFED854E1BE.jpeg.d12f44634ed7d3c47ca2a3127084af17.jpeg

6A0E9A13-31A6-45FA-A231-367EE35A8CAE.jpeg.0cb4f5cad1d7d70cf98a5e68b4163561.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support, especially: Jacqui, Kathi, Roy, Sarah and Tana.  Cheers to all who are celebrating. Get well & stay well everyone!

Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand

This New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc is fairly easy to find and reasonably priced. I used the 2021 vintage info, since that may be the easiest to find. Available from numerous online distributors with prices starting at $23.97.

Reviews

91 Tasted by: Tina Gellie
(at London, 31 Oct 2021)
Part of Festive treats: celebratory standout bottles
Drinking Window: 2021 - 2025
Despite vintage variation, there's no denying the consistency (in quality and relative price) of this iconic wine after almost 37 years. Compared to the structured and high-acid 2020, this is a vintage to enjoy now, with a weighty, fleshy palate of gooseberry, freshly cut grass and sweet grapefruit.
92 Tasted by: Natalie Earl
(at Meunier Penthouse, London, 27 Apr 2022)
Part of Festive treats: celebratory standout bottles
Drinking Window: 2022 - 2027
Both intense and classy on the nose - there is definitely the overt green apple, grass, bell pepper aroma, but it is a little held back, a little musty, a little deeper. Fresh tropical fruit - mango juice and fresh ripe pineapple. There's a light reductive flinty stony touch. The intensity rushes in, filling the mouth with limes. There's some grip on the teeth, almost tannic, and searing acidity. A wine that knows what it's doing.

Thanks for your wine description today and every day, Ann.  I have fingers crossed that the dermatologist doesn't find a problem and you have a clean report.

47 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning  everyone. It is a nice 38 degrees and going up to 50 later.Last night I was able to sleep from 11 to 5 which was a miracle.It us wonderful  how sleep can restore a person.DD stayed with her sister so that could happen.They were watching the sunrise when I slipped past with the dogs.

I will gladly salute the days,have not been to the port and like the recipe just by  the name!

A few days ago in Brooklyn,

,an off duty police officer was shot during a robbery. My cousin texted family that he was a good friend of her son.They were in the same precinct as police officers. He died this morning  in the hospital leaving behind a wife and 2 small children.  

@marshhawk,  Annie,  I hope the night went well and that you both got some sleep. 

@rafinmd, Roy,  I am hoping that you start to feel better soon and see some improvement.

Take care if yourselves everyone.

Terry

Terry, great news on the sleep last night.  I did pretty well too.  Slept until 3 I think.  I heard about that poor off duty police officer passing away after being shot in a robbery.  Crime is just out of control.  Prayers for the wife and children, as well as the rest of his family and friends. 

31 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites. 

Light sprinkles and 46, warming to 59 today.

I tried driving to the market yesterday early afternoon and there were miles of traffic backed up. I don't know what happened ahead of us but police were turning everyone around. It was a mess for about 45 minutes. We decided to just go to our local restaurant in Sun City for early dinner.

I don't know what was said at the State of the Union address. We were both fast asleep in our chairs. My aching ribs keep me awake in the bed and I feel better staying in my chair. If I don't get a call or a notice on my chart this morning I'm calling to find out what's going on. 

I'm going to wrestle the luggage into the car and take them to UPS this morning a day early. We will be out tomorrow during the pick up time frame and don't want our bags sitting on the front porch unsupervised. 

I'm sending prayers for Ukraine, Turkey, and all our Daily family,  especially our Roy, Jacqui, Tana, Sarah, and Kathi. 

Have a blessed day!

image.png.e6c9f0d9e85f534c6c026262e8979cfb.png

image.png.71a730f3fff27f91d6461a1989491c87.png

Glad you plan to call and ask for your doctor's diagnosis on your rib and arm pain.  What could be the hold up?  Good news you got some sleep last night too.  I didn't even attempt to watch the SOTU address.  But what's this I hear?  You want to wrestle the bags into the car by yourself??  Oh no you don't!  Get a friend/neighbor to stow them for you, and get someone at the UPS store to do it on the other end.  You don't want to hurt anything else before your big cruise coming up.

27 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Happy Hump Day!!  I've been having a minor (compared to some in our wonderful group) medical problem and the final test results were negative.  Something I'll live with.  Won't  prevent me from enjoying our wonderful BHB.  Only 355 days till our next cruise.  LOL  Prayers and hugs to our care list and woohoo to the celebrations.

Hemingway Daiquiri cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
1/2 part Maraschino Liqueur
1/2 part Grapefruit Juice
3/4 part Fresh Lime Juice
Garnish: Lime Wheel

Instructions
Combine ingredients in cocktail shaker over ice and shake. Double strain into a coupe glass. Garnish with a lime wheel.

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 8.03.10 AM.png

Dixie thanks for the drink recipe.  I'm so happy to hear the test results were negative.  Cheers to you!

14 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

I had another good night's sleep last night.  I did wake up a lot, but was able to get back to sleep.  Too often, I can't.  I haven't heard anything from DB so he must be doing ok.  I'll stop by and check on him today.

This honey mustard chicken dish is a succulent and flavorful chicken recipe that’s made with honey, dijon mustard, and whole grain mustard, a combination of spices, and baked to perfection. The homemade honey mustard marinade is so easy to make that’s then smothered over the chicken breast and baked to perfection.  https://healthyfitnessmeals.com/honey-mustard-chicken/

262670667_honeymustardchicken1.thumb.jpg.c643a6623021d342e5bf33e40d6eb48e.jpg

This honey mustard chicken is just what you need to jazz up weeknight dinners. The baked chicken thighs are sweet and savory with an herby kick, have crispy golden skin, and are extra juicy.  https://downshiftology.com/recipes/herbed-honey-mustard-chicken/

455240127_honeymustardchicken2.thumb.jpg.6f0e917a20925ba8e6c9a6a78ff58e70.jpg

Baked honey mustard chicken is packed full of flavor, and uses a handful of ingredients that you likely already have in the house. 

https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/honey-mustard-chicken/

1223258095_honeymustardchicken3.thumb.jpg.c6a6621b66f6186972f0e412bf0adfa2.jpg

This delicious grilled honey mustard chicken recipe has quickly become a favorite summer dinner recipe. It is extremely easy to prepare and make and still produces a wonderfully tasty and flavorful piece of grilled chicken.  https://www.sixsistersstuff.com/recipe/grilled-honey-mustard-chicken/

2117566082_honeymustardchicken4.thumb.jpg.f375f56f84be88d5a772b7d883b122f4.jpg

There are several recipes to choose from and even one for the grill.  I think that is the one I want.  Or maybe #1.  Hmmmm

Healing thoughts going out to all our Dailyites who are injured or ill.  The days are getting longer and we all want to be able to enjoy the better weather that is coming.  Prayers for the victims of the earthquake in Turkey.   Wishing all of  you a wonderful day.

More sleep for you too.  Must have been that full moon.  I hope you find your brother doing well when you see him.  He won't want to miss too many Farkle games.  Thanks for all the wonderful recipes!  I could eat any of them.  

12 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Yesterdaywas a mixed day.  The morning I was quite drowsy but got quite a bit done, slowly in the afternoon.  Picked up mail (both street and UPS store) visited pharmacy/grocery, and stopped at fire house and got the 2022 1099's ready for the office manager to mail to IRS..  It was tiring but I think I actually felt somewhat better for getting things done.  I also cancelled a couple of cruises, I still have a couple of cruises on the books, NE/Canada in September and  Panama Canal in November and am unsure but hoping to use my newly arrived passport with them,

I think I slept reasonably well last night,

Never been to Angola, have been involved with Scouts (now coed) for decades

Roy

Roy, that's a lot of activity for one day so you must feel somewhat better to get that all done.  And good to know you slept well last night too.  Sorry to hear about the cruise cancellations but sometimes we have to edit a bit.  Check in later and let us know how your day is going.

11 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning from the Sirena as we head towards Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.

Last night we had to put the clocks ahead one hour.  Did get a good night’s sleep for a change.

Can you imagine that I somehow left my sunglasses in the car and don’t have any!  The most inexpensive pair on the ship is $272.  No way.  I will wait until San Juan in two days and see what i can buy there.

Thank you to @StLouisCruisersSandi for your wonderful dedication to keeping us up to date with the Fleet Report and Daily.

Condolences to those who have lost loved ones.

Prayers to those who are ill and in pain.  

And cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

We are hoping for some sunshine today.  Haven’t seen it yet.

Take care everyone and God Bless,

Terri

I'm sure you can find some sunglasses in San Juan.  The Walgreens right by the pier probably has some that will work for you.  Those on the ship must be designer sunglasses and I doubt they're worth that much money.  You're paying for the name.  The good night's sleep club is growing!  Have a wonderful day at sea.

9 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Oh my goodness, that's highway (or high seas) robbery!  If I were you, I'd head to guest services to see if they had any in their lost and found.  I'd simply tell them you weren't prepared to pay nearly $300 for a pair of sunglasses and see what they say.  They likely have a box full of them somewhere!

@rafinmd I'm happy to know you're making progress; good for you, but take it slowly so you don't overdo it.

Funny idea about lost and found!  Crazy prices!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

Happy Wednesday Morning Dailyites!  My computer says 55 and cloudy.  Yup it's cloudy.    Yes rain coming in as @StLouisCruiserssaid earlier, and while she is heading south to get on a ship?  The temperatures will drop back into the below freezing zone.  Ah the south in the winter.

@RedneckBob I dont know if you have been on here for a year, but the Fly a kite day was posted about a month ago.

BFF sent me an email yesterday, he said he had cruise news.  Well it turned out we will be skipping Skagway and going to Victoria instead.  There was apparently a rock slide in Skagway at the port, which may be the reason why the ship is not going there, but the sad part is that I have paid for a 13 hour excursion from Vancouver to Victoria two days before our cruise.  Apparently we will get, well BFF will get the cancelled excursion cost back, and I guess we could do the Gardens with HAL, instead of Land Sea, and I can get the money back from the 13 hour excursion, and choose to do something else that day in Vancouver, I guess i need to talk it over with the guys, but I would love to get that 800 plus back from LandSea.

Well I got the ball rolling on that, I just emailed the BFF.

231155-Did-You-Say-Its-Only-Wednesday-Ca

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 20

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites. 

Light sprinkles and 46, warming to 59 today.

I tried driving to the market yesterday early afternoon and there were miles of traffic backed up. I don't know what happened ahead of us but police were turning everyone around. It was a mess for about 45 minutes. We decided to just go to our local restaurant in Sun City for early dinner.

I don't know what was said at the State of the Union address. We were both fast asleep in our chairs. My aching ribs keep me awake in the bed and I feel better staying in my chair. If I don't get a call or a notice on my chart this morning I'm calling to find out what's going on. 

I'm going to wrestle the luggage into the car and take them to UPS this morning a day early. We will be out tomorrow during the pick up time frame and don't want our bags sitting on the front porch unsupervised. 

I'm sending prayers for Ukraine, Turkey, and all our Daily family,  especially our Roy, Jacqui, Tana, Sarah, and Kathi. 

Have a blessed day!

image.png.e6c9f0d9e85f534c6c026262e8979cfb.png

image.png.71a730f3fff27f91d6461a1989491c87.png

Sorry to hear about your ribs still aching Joy.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

My scan reports will be made on Friday at 8:30, it has been more than a month since I have had the tests done.  So it will be nice to have an answer, but I could have called them, and gotten a passcode and created a portal, and then tried to figure out what the professional medical person was talking about.  I would rather just talk to the doctor.

I hate to admit it, but since I am usually up 2 or 3 times a night, I have in the past week (except for the Vietnamese coffee day) slept all night through about 4 nights.  And last night was another one  Head hits pillow and I slept all the way until 7:30.  I have been very tired, at everyone else's beck and call, and I slept ALL NIGHT LONG!  Yippee!  Today-fix breakfast, get antibiotic on DH's stitches, work for two hours in the Houston campaign, walk the dog, (not my dog) fix lunch, go back to work for work for Hollywood, fix dinner, run to the store, get back on the phones for Houston, finish up at 9:30, send the daily end of day reports, put the goo on DH's eye and then chill out til bedtime.  Add feed the cats, clean the litter boxed, get the garbage tin back up the driveway, get the mail,   

Tomorrow is just walk the dog, and work one campaign, so much easier..I need the cruise.

• Like 21

25 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Happy Wednesday Morning Dailyites!  My computer says 55 and cloudy.  Yup it's cloudy.    Yes rain coming in as @StLouisCruiserssaid earlier, and while she is heading south to get on a ship?  The temperatures will drop back into the below freezing zone.  Ah the south in the winter.

@RedneckBob I dont know if you have been on here for a year, but the Fly a kite day was posted about a month ago.

BFF sent me an email yesterday, he said he had cruise news.  Well it turned out we will be skipping Skagway and going to Victoria instead.  There was apparently a rock slide in Skagway at the port, which may be the reason why the ship is not going there, but the sad part is that I have paid for a 13 hour excursion from Vancouver to Victoria two days before our cruise.  Apparently we will get, well BFF will get the cancelled excursion cost back, and I guess we could do the Gardens with HAL, instead of Land Sea, and I can get the money back from the 13 hour excursion, and choose to do something else that day in Vancouver, I guess i need to talk it over with the guys, but I would love to get that 800 plus back from LandSea.

You need to find out how long you will be in Victoria with hal. You might not have enough time for the gardens. And there is always lots to do in Vancouver. Sad about Skagway, though, since it is a cute and historical town and the railroad is a great excursion.

• Like 18

Good morning all,

I woke up to an alert on my phone saying possible Covid 19 exposure. Through my blurry eyes I didn’t see much more and it disappeared. I am sure it was the cruise or the plane. I wore my mask in the airport and on the plane and did not attend any shows on the ship. My fingers are  double crossed.. I have  no symptoms and a negative test this morning. The rest of the family is healthy. Surgery is tomorrow morning. 

I feel lucky with only some aches and pains from my fall. I have had broken ribs in the past and it does take time to heal and not much they can do. I remember my husband had to hold my head so I could lay down on the bed due to the pain. @Seasick Sailorit is frustrating when you don’t hear back in a timely fashion. If you can sign on and see the report just skip the mumbo jumbo and read the impression. That should be clear enough to know if a break or not. 

Roy it sounds like you are making strides. There will be good days followed by not so good days. Pneumonia is such a risk for us senior citizens. Hopefully everyone is up to date on their pneumonia vaccines. There is actually 2 to get now. 

Prayers to all on the care list and for the earthquake victims. 
Lorraine

• Like 21

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

My, has time flied. Along with flying the kite.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Good morning from a cloudy and wet central Texas.  We got a fair amount of rain last night along with a couple of thunderstorms.  We may get a little more rain this morning and into the early afternoon.  It is currently 45F and may reach 56F this afternoon.  Tomorrow will be sunny and warmer, before the temperatures drop again Friday.

I think DH was a boy scout, but I'm not sure.  He has a large collection of kites in Quartzsite, but hasn't flown them in several years.  We are not fans of opera, though I did see Carmen while at UT.

Today's quote is a good one.

We'll pass on the meal since I'm do not really care for mustard.  We'll also pass on the drink and the wine.

We have not been to Angola.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I'm sorry your old room smells so bad.  A suggestion is to make sure they know you have asthma and that the mustiness could cause a problem.  Hopefully, they will then remove the old carpet, get the cabin really dry and put down new carpet.

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, enjoy your lunch with your friends.  I hope they notice the weight loss, and congratulations on the loss.

@smitty34877  Terri, I'm glad you got a good night's sleep, and it's good DD could stay with Tana.  Such sad news about the police officer dying.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I hope you get some answers today.  Please, please get help with the suitcases.  I know it takes both of us to get our suitcases in the car.

@summer slope  Dixie, I'm sorry your have been having a medical problem, but am glad the tests were negative.

@rafinmd  Roy, I'm glad you felt like getting some things done yesterday, but please pace yourself.  I'm glad your passport arrived, and I'm sorry you had to cancel a couple of cruises.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I'm sorry about your sunglasses, and I agree that $272 is too expensive.  I guess I'm a little paranoid when it comes to sunglasses and reading glasses.  I keep a pair of each in my purse, and when we go on a cruise, I pack one or two spare pairs of each.

@marshhawk  Annie, I'm sorry you will be missing Skagway on your cruise, but now you have a reason to book another Alaska cruise.  I'm glad you have been able to sleep well the last few nights.  

@cruising sister  Lorraine, sending good thoughts your way for a successful surgery tomorrow and a quick recovery.  It's good that you tested negative this morning.  It's interesting about the pneumonia vaccine.  When we got ours in 2021, the pharmacist said we only needed one shot.  We'd gotten the older vaccine in 2012. 

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

The  2 vaccines are the prevnar 13 or maybe now the 19 that just came out and the 23 valent pneumococcal vaccine which is the original one we all got. So many people got the 23 valent vaccine at 65 before they recommended the other one too. Yes,you only get the 23 valent vaccine once. Many people do not know about the newer recommendations for the additional vaccine. 

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

The  2 vaccines are the prevnar 13 or maybe now the 19 that just came out and the 23 valent pneumococcal vaccine which is the original one we all got. So many people got the 23 valent vaccine at 65 before they recommended the other one too. Yes,you only get the 23 valent vaccine once. Many people do not know about the newer recommendations for the additional vaccine. 

Thanks for the clarification.  I know I had two pneumonia vaccines, one in 2012 and one about ten years earlier.  DH also got one in 2012, and the one I got in 2021.  I'll check with our pharmacist to make sure we're up to date.

Lenda

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

It's interesting about the pneumonia vaccine.  When we got ours in 2021, the pharmacist said we only needed one shot.  We'd gotten the older vaccine in 2012. 

I believe it's just one shot of each type. I received Prevnar-13 as soon as it was in stock here, and Pneumovax-23 later. Prevnar has now advanced to Prevnar-20, and the CDC says that if you received that and don't have specific medical conditions, you may not need Pneumovax-23.

Shingrix, which I've also received, requires two doses.

I'm definitely in favor of Opera Day and have already ordered tickets for the Glimmerglass Festival this summer. Honey Mustard Chicken would suit me, if anyone wants to bring some over, along with Sauvignon Blanc (doesn't even have to be the chosen one). I'd try the cocktail, but probably only once. I haven't been to Angola.

I've been coughing since last night, and I'm a bit concerned because that can be an early symptom of covid. Yesterday's test was negative and I'll repeat the test tomorrow. The RSV vaccine trial will probably also want a swab and would send a courier to pick it up. I don't have to go out today.

1439337664_lionvssong.jpg.097149de8286e42f711d6920ef7ecbf5.jpg

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Sailing into St Lucia this morning.  We took a nice (hot) walk and made it back to the ship before the rain.

A4417EDA-BE85-4A86-ACAF-3E1A3339E676.thumb.jpeg.c760bd27602265bf24d71b2b8091cd71.jpeg

There are many reasons to appreciate the Boy (and Girl) Scouts9D699587-8172-4CFF-928E-F0271E6D81A7.jpeg.628b042b791fe9f24d75e1a0ce488bcb.jpeg

4 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc

My go to wine, always a bottle in my frig, only pay about $10 at Total Wine.

@Seasick Sailor I feel your pain.  I cracked my ribs several years ago.  The doctor said there was nothing I could do but wait it out, don’t go to the gym, take over the counter pain killers. It was extremely painful to cough, sneeze or laugh for more than a month.  

Sending healing thoughts to all who are suffering.  Cheers to all who have a reason to celebrate.

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

...and choose to do something else that day in Vancouver.

Screenshot_20230208-095542.thumb.png.27d4ba20c4f4c1681defaee3d6c35cf7.png

@marshhawk, if you are looking for something fun, easy, affordable, and, yes, touristy, I'd suggest Vancouver's False Creek Aquabus. It provides a fun tour of the inner harbour and is easy transportation around that area of Vancouver. Adult day long passes are currently $17CAN (less if a senior).

Screenshot_20230208-095430.thumb.png.e84c11b516945ab9a71d385fee3538d0.png

The Aquabus will take you from near Stanley Park (#1) to Science World (#8). As it goes around False Creek (not a creek; a large harbour) it also stops at touristy Grandville Island Marketplace (#2) -- a larger version of Boston's Faneuil Market -- where you might enjoy a meal or a snack.

-Melisa

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

Well, here’s an update.

I went down to book another cruise with the Oceania Ambassador.  She was at a meeting and would be back in a 1/2 hour.  So I visited the Casino while waiting.  Went to the Quick Hit machine and put in $20 and emerged with $620.  Think I can get myself a nice pair of Sunglasses in San Juan for that price.

The deposit for the cruise was only $500 so I am still ahead of the game.  Still have my $20.

Terri

• Like 25
  • Haha 7

Here are my results thru my chart. I have not gotten a call from my doctor yet.

Findings:
There is a small left pleural effusion. There are mildly displaced fractures of the left fourth-ninth ribs anteriorly/anterolaterally. There is a suspected nondisplaced fracture of the left 10th rib anteriorly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 18

Greetings Dailyites!  So good to check in with you all. 
Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope. 
And smooth travels to all those away from home. 
Can’t begin to imagine the needs in Turkey or Urkrine… prayers for miracles there and wherever needed!  

I was in Boy Scouts longer than either of my step-sons because I followed them both through the whole process. Was the only mom on some of the winter campouts. A lot of work and commitment but good years, good times, good memories. 

@Seasick Sailor ? I hope I got the right person…. there are other things that could cause pain than cracked ribs. I hope you hear something soon or can call for the report.  

@ottahand7 sad to hear that your room is not being redone, dried out and with new carpet. Do not risk an asthma flare up. Happy it’s warm in Puerto Madryn. It was cold when we were there and I had been sick so  I didn’t get off. I hope the warm sun helps lift you. 

@marshhawk You are a busy woman. Hope DH’s recovery and all your day’s happenings go well. 

@rafinmd Sad you had to cancel cruises but better to be recovered when your next one comes!  Hope you can rest today. 

We leave two weeks from today, but have to get through dental fix today- new crown. yay.  And still no passport for son…. still time 🤞

Cheers to all celebrating!  Life is good!  
—Maureen 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Findings:
There is a small left pleural effusion. There are mildly displaced fractures of the left fourth-ninth ribs anteriorly/anterolaterally. There is a suspected nondisplaced fracture of the left 10th rib anteriorly.

Ouch!  Plural space is the space outside the lung sack. The space needs to be clear so the lungs can expand and contract easily. 

Fractures can be hairline cracks that can close up, or displacements which are harder to close. I hope you get proper guidance on a path of how best to deal with these for long term healing. 🙏. —M. 
anterior = to the body front, lateral = to the side

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

20 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Findings:

Joy,

I am sorry the results are not better.  You need to be under doctor’s care for this. So that the lungs may expand and contract for proper breathing.  My prayers for your quick recovery.

Terry

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

We actually will have a dry day here today -- amazing, since yesterday/last night the rain and hail came down so hard it sounded like it would come through the roof.  Crazy!

Both the grandsons are in Boy Scouts and their dad (DSIL) is their pack leader.  I love to see kites flying, and my DBIL is an opera NUT.  That is no exaggeration.  He's in Europe most of the year and goes to operas every single day.  He's always been a little bit different...  😉  

I like the quote and drink, the wine is one of my favorites.  I think I'll make the meal (not today though) because DH loves honey mustard.  Not sure I'd like it, but it's worth a try.

This morning I have an appointment for a blood test to see if there's any improvement in my kidney labs taken 2 weeks ago.  I've been drinking more than the half-gallon of water/day my doctor told me to do, so I sure hope so.  I will leave right from the clinic to meet BFF for lunch mid-way between our homes.  I haven't seen her in months, so really looking forward to that.

Terry @smitty34877That's wonderful that you were able to sleep 6 hours straight last night.  Very sorry about your cousin's son's good friend.  Prayers for his family.

Katherine @Lady HudsonCongratulations on the weight loss!

Lorraine @cruising sisterbest wishes for a successful surgery tomorrow and swift recovery.

Joy @Seasick SailorI hope you hear from your doctor soon so you can get some kind of treatment.  That sounds so painful!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday.

I like the meal suggestion and make it with tenders and either grill them or cook in the oven. I tried to cook on the stovetop but with the honey they are just too messy. Sometimes I even make sliders with them with cheese and bacon. 

Today we are having chili and cornbread. 

I’ve had the wine but don’t pay that much for it, seems like it was $10-12. 

I was able to change my flight yesterday but it cost me more money, of course. 

Joy @Seasick Sailor, I am so sorry about your results. No wonder you are in pain. You must have fallen hard. Maybe they will recommend taping the area because I know they can’t do much for those rib fractures. Take it easy too. 

Roy @rafinmd, I’m glad you are sleeping well and had a good day yesterday. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

@Seasick Sailor.

Sending you our prayers 🙏.

Although rib fractures normally fix themselves in 6 weeks you are usually recommended to do deep breathing exercises to prevent pneumonia.

Please get the pleural effusion sorted probably with antibiotics.

I had pneumonia and Pleurisy together aged 17 and it was extremely painful.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone!

DH left the hospital yesterday morning and headed to the same rehab facility he was in October-December so it was old home week for him. He had a number of people welcoming him back. With his memory issues it's good he's in a familiar space. His brother stopped by for a visit as well. Hopefully this stay is only going to be a few weeks as he's already transferring from the bed to the wheelchair fairly well but has difficulty doing it in reverse. He's still on the weak side due to so much time in bed and the UTI knocked the stuffing out of him! 

On a positive note the facility was much more organized and on top of things yesterday. I signed the paperwork in a timely manner, they had the order for the bed cane and it will be on today (it took 10 days last stay), he has a room to himself at this point and he's by the window, so many good things. I even got a thank you note from the hospital nurses for all the cookies I baked them (I took them some every day!). 

Karen

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1