Wearing Jeans for breakfast and lunch is it OK

getting older slowly

Hi All   

Going on our 1st Cunard Cruise in 2 days  on the QE, just a 3 nighter Melbourne to Tasmania  in Australia

We are in A Princess Grill Cabin and will be dressing in a suit for dinner

We are packing light and generally travel / board in blue jeans. polo and runners

it is ok for lunch ??

Or black jeans, polo and boots ??

Thank You in advance

Don

19 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Depends on how old the wearer is . 

Personally I stick to dark navy or black , any gentlemen over the age of 25 wearing light blue denim these days looks ridiculous . 

A matter of opinion of course.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Hi Alll

Thanks for your replies

We had a great time, and would go again tommorrow

The Grills Lounge and Princess Grill were very good and the staff excellent

along with great food, which we both enjoyed.

The Cabin was comfortable

Wondering it next time we try the Queens Grill.. a bigger cabin would be nice 

but is Queens Grill resturant better than the Princess Grill ??

Cheers

Don and Magda 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Hi Alll

Thanks for your replies

Cheers

Don and Magda 

Glad you had a super time. The QG cabins on QE are much, much nicer. The restaurant is slightly more crowded. There is more choice, and they are more willing to give you off menu dishes, not that I’ve ever felt the need. 

14 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Hi Alll

Thanks for your replies

Cheers

Don and Magda 

For me the sweet spot is PG as personally don't think the slightly better menu and larger suite is worth the extra charge for QG which can be a considerable amount. Never had the need or desire to order "off menu as choice on menu in both QG and PG good enough and size of suite is not all that important to us as we like to be around the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, majortom10 said:

For me the sweet spot is PG as personally don't think the slightly better menu and larger suite is worth the extra charge for QG which can be a considerable amount. Never had the need or desire to order "off menu as choice on menu in both QG and PG good enough and size of suite is not all that important to us as we like to be around the ship.

Agreed the menu in PG is very good and about the only thing asked for was to substitute a side which was not a problem.... would like a large cabin on a longer cruise, but would only go on a less than 7 nighter.... as happy to dress up, but not fond of it...

Cheers Don

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 7:52 AM, getting older slowly said:

Hi Alll

Thanks for your replies

Cheers

Don and Magda 

I can only compare the Queens Grill restaurant on QE with the Princess Grill restaurant on QM2, and for that comparison I can say that, yes, the QG restaurant is better. Having said that, I'm on QE at the moment in Queens Grill and some of the cooking isn't as good as I have previously experienced. I've even had to send a couple of dishes back which I don't make a habit of. Lunch today was particularly good and I wonder if it's a matter of who is in the kitchen which is a problem as all the staff should be equally good. The staff in QG are very good and will notice if you're not enjoying something and will whisk it away and ask you what you would prefer instead.

The QG cabins as you are aware are a lot roomier on the QE than the Princess Grill cabins. Try it then you'll know! Having the fridge stocked to your taste is a convenient perk.

• Thanks 2

getting back to the dress code question, there was a young man in the Chart room this morning in ripped jeans with holes big enough to drive a chauffer driven bentley through. Now I'm not a clothes snob as everyone will attest ...... but I thought that was pushing it a bit to far.

Apart from both incidence however the style of dress on the QV this year has been spectacular during the gala evenings with the ship strewn afterwards in a positive cyclone of sequins and diamantes.

8 hours ago, pberk said:

I am.  Jeans in the Grills at any time makes me cringe.

I am most definitely not a clothes snob and to be frank, I'm not sure why any Grill area is different from the rest of the ship, but I must be a walking daily cringe fest for you. 🙂

White jeans, blue jeans, cut off jeans, none of which, I hasten to add, are in the Bentley road test class all worn during the day and whichever part of the ship I happen to be in.

I have even [whisper it] worn white jeans with the most extravagant top, to dinner on a couple of occasions and that was before the guidelines were relaxed a tad although, to be fair, once finished with a fabulous top, the outfit certainly did not shriek  JEANS!  🙂

Edited by Victoria2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/22/2023 at 8:43 PM, roscoe39 said:

getting back to the dress code question, there was a young man in the Chart room this morning in ripped jeans with holes big enough to drive a chauffer driven bentley through. Now I'm not a clothes snob as everyone will attest ...... but I thought that was pushing it a bit to far.

To be fair to the young man, he probably paid $300 for those custom-ripped, acid-washed, pre-stretched monstrosities.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

It's an age thing, don't think you see anyone under 30 in jeans that are not ripped.

Can't understand this thread , dress code is simple wear what you like in the day. No one else's business. 

Sometimes it is. Dripping bathing clothes in the lift very nasty. Any sort of bathing clothes in the restaurant not allowed. And crinolines in the corridors would probably cause a terrible holdup, but have great entertainment value.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3