Quarantine

twentyknots

I don’t know that this has happened, but at the very least the passenger would be denied any compensation which might otherwise be allowed.

Celebrity does have the right to disembark unruly passengers. It is in the Contract of Passage, but few take the time to read it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Duanerice1 said:

Why would they get quarantined?  I doubt they can make anyone test.  With vax and new medicines there is no reason to quarantine anyone.   Let’s get on with life. 

Let's allow the medical personnel to do their jobs. No, they can't force anyone to test. But under the T&Cs the Captain has the authority to disembark anyone at the next port who is uncooperative or is a risk to other pax and crew. They can also station a security officer at their door to keep them in  their cabin if necessary. The reasons for quarantine are unchanged, even if attitudes  towards it have shifted to a more lackadaisical one. Not everyone is vaccinated  or even up to date. Not everyone can take the current drug treatments. Not everyone has a robust immune system. Running around spreading the virus is the height of irresponsibility.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

I would expect you will have a discussion with the Captain.   In the past they health center checks at random time to make sure your in your room as well as Security has facial recognition and every time you use your card or dine your whereabouts are known.

I heard of one such case and they were put off at the next port and required to get home at their own expense.  This is also the protocol for a disruptive passenger.   I've also seen a disruptive cruiser confined to room with a security guard sitting outside their room and then turned over to the police at the next port for failure to comply with a crew member.   I would think there would also be a good possibility of being permanently banned from cruising with Celebrity.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Duanerice1 said:

Why would they get quarantined?  I doubt they can make anyone test.  With vax and new medicines there is no reason to quarantine anyone.   Let’s get on with life. 

I suspect if you self report. 

They are still doing B2B testing in Australia/New Zealand as well as I'm told will have to have a ships test on a B2B Transatlantic between the first Caribbean Cruise and TA.

I would respectfully disagree for no reason to quarantine.   Just because you start Paxlovid (and they don't carry on the  ship) you are still contagious and package label recommend isolation for 5 days after begin.

Vax reduces the risk of hospitalization but like myself and MANY others came down with Covid even though fully vaxed and boosted. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Actually, when my husband was in covid-19 quarantine on the Eclipse he was on deck 3 along with the other quarantined passengers, and none of them had sea pass cards for those rooms.  Now that some covid positive folks are being allowed to remain in their stateroom I wonder if sea pass cards are confiscated?  

In my case I was quarantined for the last day of the cruise.  I was told that my cruise card would be flagged to deny permission to leave the ship.  I assume any other use of the card would also be denied and possibly alert someone that I was out of my cabin.  I was also told that security would check on me, but my cabin steward said that wasnt true.

I was feeling fine but had no interest in doing much that day.  I was ready for the cruise to be over so sat on my verandah and finished my book and napped.  Around 6 I went upstairs to the OVC and fixed myself a plate for dinner and brought it to my cabin. 

Edited by twentyknots
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dlh015 said:

How would the passenger feel about not being about to get food or drink for example...lol.

Read your passenger contract carefully...you may find yourself put off at the next port...

2 hours ago, dlh015 said:

How would the passenger feel about not being about to get food or drink for example...lol.

Read your passenger contract carefully...you may find yourself put off at the next port...

I think you hit the nail on the head, dlh015!  (and there may be a lifetime bar.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Duanerice1 said:

You can get quarantined for norovirus.   Covid isn’t the only threat out there. 

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Actually, when my husband was in covid-19 quarantine on the Eclipse he was on deck 3 along with the other quarantined passengers, and none of them had sea pass cards for those rooms.  Now that some covid positive folks are being allowed to remain in their stateroom I wonder if sea pass cards are confiscated?  

Was on the Equinox in September and went to medical on day 5 of a 9 day thinking I had a sinus issue . First thing they did was test me and it was positive. Had the option to move to I guess deck 3 but my wife wanted me to stay in our cabin so she was stuck in there with me. They could not have been nicer, upgraded us to premium wi-fi and gave us the expanded room service menu. We ordered lunch and dinner from the restaurant menu the rest of the days. They called the cabin frequently to check on us. When back in Ft. Lauderdale they took us off the ship by ourselves and had a big SUV take us back to the hotel to get our car. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Luvtoeat said:

Was on the Equinox in September and went to medical on day 5 of a 9 day thinking I had a sinus issue . First thing they did was test me and it was positive. Had the option to move to I guess deck 3 but my wife wanted me to stay in our cabin so she was stuck in there with me. They could not have been nicer, upgraded us to premium wi-fi and gave us the expanded room service menu. We ordered lunch and dinner from the restaurant menu the rest of the days. They called the cabin frequently to check on us. When back in Ft. Lauderdale they took us off the ship by ourselves and had a big SUV take us back to the hotel to get our car. 

My husband tested positive on the Eclipse in April, 2022.  This was the "infamous" barnacle cruise.  

We had tested  negative in Vancouver (a Canadian requirement) before boarding in Vancouver to Honolulu.  But when he came down with what seemed cold we used a home test and he tested positive.  Called medical and he indeed, based on a PCR test, was positive.   I stayed in our suite and was tested daily.   I had the opportunity to meet every butler on the Eclipse since I was tested daily with the butlers and never did test positive.  I apparently wasn't as supportive as your spouse as I remained in our suite and he was moved to an ocean view stateroom on deck 3.  However, I didn't roam much through the ship, remaining in a corner in Michael's Club, dining quickly in the Ocean View and ordering room service.

We were in a suite and are also Zenith members of the Captain's Club.  So we already had premium wi-fi.  We were also treated very well.  The Suite Manager remembered us from 2016 when he was a waiter in Luminae.  The Luminae maitre'd and all the staff treated us very well.  He was called several times each day to ask bout his food preferences.  We would have been allowed to remain after the first leg of what would have been a B2B but elected to depart in Honolulu to continue his quarantine, spent a few more days in Honolulu and the fly for home.

While it would have been nice if he hadn't contracted covid (we were fully vaccinated and boosted) we were treated very well.

• Like 1

Just got off Ovation OTS this morning in Sydney. Due to weather, cyclone gabrielle, we lost two ports and had three sea days befor arriving here. I tested positive for Covid on the morning of 1st sea day and was quarantined for rest of trip, normally 5 days. I received medication, premium wifi and room service all complimentary. My wife was tested, negative, and told she could continue to go around the ship, into restaurants but had to take food to eat in stateroom, seems somewhat illogical but there you are.

Following day she tested positive and got the same benefits but also quarantined. Fortunately our son was in the next stateroom so was able to bring us the odd beverage and other foodstuffs if we felt like them. He was also able to make use of the Diamond drink vouchers on our seapass cards, which he doesnt have. RCI enquired after our health regularly and couldnt have been more helpful, just wish we hadnt gone down with it at all. Our bags went the night before, at 0830 we were collected from stateroom and taken out through crew exit, picked up our bags at the side of the ship and were told to exit through that gate over there, no immigration or customs. I've never got off a ship so quickly and we were off the ship before my son!

• Thanks 2

In Dec. we were on Beyond.  People around us were coughing all the time.  We wore masks in crowded areas.  But sure enough, 2 days after we got home we both came down with Covid.  Thankfully it was mild, but we had to cancel a cruise the next week.  Some people are SOO inconsiderate.  

we

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 6:49 PM, Duanerice1 said:

How about so they don’t walk around the ship infecting other passengers. Or is the assumption that someone with Covid who did not quarantine would at least wear a mask? Don’t hold your breath (unless you’re someone who happens to be on that ship).

• Like 2