Lobster Warning

rmalbers

2 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Then I’ll buy the lobster and you cook it for me!🤪
You are on!  I’ll keep the butter on my side of the table!  You buy the lobsters and I’ll bring the crab and a bottle of Moët et Chandon White Star.  

(and I also use butter in the cooking, usually a compound butter of some sort.  But

I don’t just dunk my beautiful lobster meat in a bowl of melted butter)😃

Chaque personne a son gout! 😛

On 2/11/2023 at 2:46 PM, davekathy said:

We always ask for the drawn butter to be put in a small bowl. We prefer to dip the lobster instead of having it swim in the butter. 

Jeepers, that's cruel! That poor lobster gave it's life for you so now it can't crawl anymore, and then to add to its misery, you deny it one last swim before departing this earth! Shame on you! 🦞 😭

😁

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

You eat the lobster meat as is. The flavor of lobster should be by itself.  Come on, you’re from MA. Eat lobster meat as is, not drowned in butter. 

I’ll  pick up 2 4 pound lobsters on Friday and grill them. Come over and I’ll show you how good they taste without butter. 😊

I found out how much better they are without butter when I was trying to lay off butter. The true lobster taste really comes out and it is so good. I also eat corn on the cob without butter and it is much tastier.

Laura

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

I found out how much better they are without butter when I was trying to lay off butter. The true lobster taste really comes out and it is so good. I also eat corn on the cob without butter and it is much tastier.

Laura

This sounds a bit like whistling as you pass by a graveyard.  Butter is like maple syrup; everything tastes better with it!!

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Everyone must really be bored.

Over 100 comments, and counting, about Lobster!

I thought this was Cruise Critic, not Crustacean Cuisine. 😁

This lobster conundrum is nothing.  You should see the Cruise Foodies forum…right here on CC.  BTW…lobster gets headlines on all the major cruise line forums here on CC.  You would think that lobster is the central reason for booking a cruise LOL! 🤪

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 5:34 AM, njsmom said:

With a title of "Lobster Warning" I thought I was going to open this post and read about lobsters attacking people en masse! Alas, it's just about lobster tail being served on a ship. 

I know its ridiculous.  I order Lobster Tails for my own home consumption.  I order them from Maine.  I dont really care if I get one or two or none on board. 

On 2/19/2023 at 1:39 PM, NMTraveller said:

How was it?  It looks great!  Would you recommend?

It was very good.  It is listed as an appetizer in their menu.  My wife had the pan seared scallops as her appetizer which were great, too. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 7:15 AM, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Thank you one and all for your comments.  Im still laughing😂.  It’s very obvious that this thread is divided between folks who look forward to “Lobster Night “ and don’t get lobster very often and the folks who can take it or leave it.  With the high prices for everything I'm amazed that they can even serve lobster tails no matter how small they are.  Those of us from New England and eastern Canada are not too excited by the lobster situation because we can have real lobster, live and kicking, anytime.  One steadfast rule is…ALWAYS serve the drawn butter on the side!  

We are currently on vacation in Western Florida.  Last week we bought 3 nice-size (6-7 oz) tails -- 3 for $24.  I can't imagine buying in quantity would cost more than that.

3 hours ago, mahdnc said:

It was very good.  It is listed as an appetizer in their menu.  My wife had the pan seared scallops as her appetizer which were great, too. 

I could solve the Celebrity culinary issues in 5 minutes.  Send Gordon Ramsay out to all ships and anyone who does not measure up have them walk the plank.🤣🤣🤣🤣  This would also include top management who did not give them the appropriate ingredients to work with.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I could solve the Celebrity culinary issues in 5 minutes.  Send Gordon Ramsay out to all ships and anyone who does not measure up have them walk the plank.🤣🤣🤣🤣  This would also include top management who did not give them the appropriate ingredients to work with.

There was the late Michel Roux, back in the day.  I don't know if he employed walking-the-plank as part of his performance management system.

56 minutes ago, Chardonnay Char said:

We are currently on vacation in Western Florida.  Last week we bought 3 nice-size (6-7 oz) tails -- 3 for $24.  I can't imagine buying in quantity would cost more than that.

That would be $8.00 per tail.  Not easy to do when your budget calls for a max of $4.00 for dinner.  Wholesale prices for fish don’t vary far from what the public is paying for retail.  I imagine that the victualers at Celebrity are going insane trying to supply lobster tails in a inflationary and extremely fluctuating food market.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

That would be $8.00 per tail.  Not easy to do when your budget calls for a max of $4.00 for dinner.  Wholesale prices for fish don’t vary far from what the public is paying for retail.  I imagine that the victualers at Celebrity are going insane trying to supply lobster tails in a inflationary and extremely fluctuating food market.  

exactly