Princess Compensation for isolation days

Has anyone received their compensation for days in their cabin in isolation and if so  about how long did it take   Still waiting for the November cruise one for us and it would be useful to use against our June half world cruise when it comes

Edited by windsor26

Just now, windsor26 said:

Has anyone received their comp0ensation for days in their cabin in isolation and if so  about how long did it take   Still waiting for the November cruise one for us and it would be useful to use against our June half world cruise when it comes

We chased it up last week with our PVP and it went into our FCC by the end of the week. Cruise fare incl taxes and gov charges.

perfect timing as we finalise our Alaskan cruise payment this week.

I’d go on the princess chat line if you don’t have PvP, that has been very effective too.

We received our credit for isolation from P&O last year but were booked B2B. They wouldn’t allow us to stay onboard for the second cruise. We are expecting the credit for the second cruise to be finalised this week. 🤞

12 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Thanks  I will try the chat line as e mails are ignored

Not easy for me as I don't have a computer, just my cellphone 🥴 I've been waiting since July 2022 for refund of credit (noted as "refundable" and "Referred to Finance") amount $24.06 - for some reason their system says matter concluded but I haven't received the money. I've followed up numerous times.

It's a matter of principle as money was part of $50 total "compensation" for two days missed cruising because of weather and late arrival of ship. Grates somewhat when I read of generous compensation just for missed ports, we couldn't even board. 

I hope you all get your refunds soon 🙂

• Like 2

We were on 4th November cruise. Our isolation FCC appeared in our account in early February. We did not receive any notification; I just found it when I was checking my Future Cruise Deposits. I am not sure how the amount was calculated, but it appeared to be based on fare less taxes and charges.

1 hour ago, windsor26 said:

Has anyone received their compensation for days in their cabin in isolation and if so  about how long did it take   Still waiting for the November cruise one for us and it would be useful to use against our June half world cruise when it comes

Mine, from late October, landed in my Princess account a couple of weeks ago. Almost exactly three months after our isolation finished. Rolf hasn't got his yet. I'm going to chase it up again with our Planner.

No compensation for Covid isolation for us on Cunard Queen Elizabeth,  But at least they cancelled the daily gratuities which are sizeable (around $20 per day per person if I recall correctly) They also fairly quickly reimbursed a shore tour which we had booked and paid for - money came back into our CC account. 

9 hours ago, bazzaw said:

No compensation for Covid isolation for us on Cunard Queen Elizabeth,  But at least they cancelled the daily gratuities which are sizeable (around $20 per day per person if I recall correctly) They also fairly quickly reimbursed a shore tour which we had booked and paid for - money came back into our CC account. 

Which cruise did you have to isolate? Not the QE Tasmanian one in January? Interesting about the gratuities. We were on the culinary cruise. We had the amount listed but then zeroed out. Not sure why - we were QG but I didn't think gratuities were included. Maybe something with the fare I booked (so long ago I have no idea what was or wasn't included and what the actual cost was now). Not complaining though.

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

We received a FCC from P&O on the 21st Dec 2022, for cruise on the 5th-12th Nov.

Required to use by the 6th Nov 2023.

You have to cruise by 6-Nov, or make booking by that date for a cruise by some other date? 

2 hours ago, mr walker said:

You have to cruise by 6-Nov, or make booking by that date for a cruise by some other date? 

The FCC says Book By and Cruise By the 6th. Bit of nonsense really, don't see it possible to book and cruise on same date, therefore its cruise by the 6th.

So we have booked for an Oct cruise.😬

Edited by Ozwoody

10 hours ago, Pushka said:

Is compensation actually given? Could have caught Covid anywhere from ship to shore. Surprises me. Shore ex refunds etc of course but compensation?

I thought cabin confinement was a travel insurance thing not so much the cruise line. 

12 hours ago, Pushka said:

Is compensation actually given? Could have caught Covid anywhere from ship to shore. Surprises me. Shore ex refunds etc of course but compensation?

Princess were offering this when I came down with Covid on the Round Australia cruise.

2122138089_Screenshot_20221106-164208_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b4a1b3403d81266125ef7649f41e46ae.jpg

15 hours ago, Aussieflyer said:

Which cruise did you have to isolate? Not the QE Tasmanian one in January? Interesting about the gratuities. We were on the culinary cruise. We had the amount listed but then zeroed out. Not sure why - we were QG but I didn't think gratuities were included. Maybe something with the fare I booked (so long ago I have no idea what was or wasn't included and what the actual cost was now). Not complaining though.

Yes - we were on the 20 Jan eight day cruise to Hobart and Burnie. Our gratuities were also listed but zeroed out - we just assumed it was because we had been isolated? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

The FCC says Book By and Cruise By the 6th. Bit of nonsense really, don't see it possible to book and cruise on same date, therefore its cruise by the 6th.

So we have booked for an Oct cruise.😬

Yes, a bit crazy with those use-by dates 🙂 

We have had a few FCC's (for noro ISO) with RC which would have a book by date stated of say, 31-Dec for a cruise by the end of the next following season ie end-April, so 16 months later. 

Anyway, glad you got it sorted! 

41 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Yes, a bit crazy with those use-by dates 🙂 

We have had a few FCC's (for noro ISO) with RC which would have a book by date stated of say, 31-Dec for a cruise by the end of the next following season ie end-April, so 16 months later. 

Anyway, glad you got it sorted! 

The funny thing was, I tested neg, yet was still semi restricted to the cabin.

I could leave with a mask on, but I was not to sit and drink or eat with others, I was to take drinks and food back to cabin to consume.

However I got no compensation back from P&O for the cruise, not even for my Soft drink package.

A thought that was a bit mean.

But I guess I'll survive.🤣

1 hour ago, bazzaw said:

Yes - we were on the 20 Jan eight day cruise to Hobart and Burnie. Our gratuities were also listed but zeroed out - we just assumed it was because we had been isolated? 

It may not have been because of isolation - wonder if it was related to the cruise being in Australia (like others that have the gratuities included). Sorry to hear you ended up in isolation - no fun at any stage and especially on a cruise. 

3 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

The funny thing was, I tested neg, yet was still semi restricted to the cabin.

I could leave with a mask on, but I was not to sit and drink or eat with others, I was to take drinks and food back to cabin to consume.

However I got no compensation back from P&O for the cruise, not even for my Soft drink package.

A thought that was a bit mean.

But I guess I'll survive.🤣

On QE, my wife who was an untested "close contact" also had those semi-restrictions. 

36 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

On QE, my wife who was an untested "close contact" also had those semi-restrictions. 

On Princess Rolf had the same restrictions when I had Covid. He had to do a RAT every morning and could leave the cabin if he was negative.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

1 hour ago, bazzaw said:

It would have been frustrating for her, it was for me, to top it of we were travelling with my in-laws, I couldn't even have coffee with them. bugger!

56 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

On Princess Rolf had the same restrictions when I had Covid. He had to do a RAT every morning and could leave the cabin if he was negative.

Yes they gave us rats as well, still had the semi-restrictions, even with neg result.