It's been 5+ ears since we last sailed Celebrity..

reedprincess

We're boarding Apex in a few days. 

It's been+ years since we last sailed Celebrity - let alone this ship class.

I've got dining sorted out, things like that, no problem.

Boarding - hubs and I have two different arrival times even though we're in the same cabin. 

And we're both Elite Plus..

Does it matter really when we arrive - Port Everglades, and we're aiming for noon .

Dress code - from what I can tell, its even more relaxed nowadays than back when, after Evening Chic got started! Slacks, and button downs for hubs good every night? Sport coat or such on evening chic?   Sundresses, etc for me? (Lady, BTW, lol).  

I've read about the changes with room service, buffet, etc. We're cool there, it sucks, but there you go.  Princess at least still has their free room service 24/7, so we have that fall back of it were important..

Anything major I should know about? Otherwise, we're looking forward to a new ship, relaxing, cocktails, music.. (friend's band is aboard, that should be fun!). 

Thanks all... 

Sorry, the middle schooler in me had to laugh at the title. 😁

I think the only major thing is that you should go with an open mind that is not plagued with doubt about the vacation you're about to have.  I'm sure it will be great.  Will some things be a little different?  I'm sure they will.  Sounds like you already have the right attitude.  I hope you enjoy!

• Like 1

Darn typing while walking..

I had to laugh when I caught it too - AFTER of course, it posted..

🤦🏻‍♀️🙄😁

We're quite flexible in our attitudes and very much make the best of travel as we can. And we don't hesitate to speak up if something is blatantly wrong or out of place, etc. 

I'm sure we'll enjoy - just want to be ready for any new changes we should keep our eyes open for. 

Thanks!! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Sports coat is nice but you will find that many don’t wear one on EC nights.  

That's what I wondered - whether it was even more relaxed and less dress up than even 5 "ears" ago.. 2017/2018, many were still sporting suits, a few tuxes, sport coats and such for EC, while other nights were a range of dress slacks and shirts to jeans and polo... 

Thanks for the update... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You can now bring two bottles of wine PER PERSON 😅

Lol, good to know! We've never bothered bringing wine aboard as we're more spirits drinkers ourselves - but my brother and his wife are joining us, and they're wine drinkers for sure.  

Thanks for the heads-up! 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

That's what I wondered - whether it was even more relaxed and less dress up than even 5 "ears" ago.. 2017/2018, many were still sporting suits, a few tuxes, sport coats and such for EC, while other nights were a range of dress slacks and shirts to jeans and polo... 

Thanks for the update... 

We were on Silhouette 5 years ago for a TA and Hubby wore a dress shirt/no tie for "dress up" night and there was no problem. We saw some suits but no tuxes.

It sounds like you have a handle on it already.  The biggest difference you may not be aware of will be Terminal 25 at Port Everglades.  It's huge and quite nice.  It'll probably open around 10:30 AM, and (assuming all goes smoothly) boarding will begin right around 11 AM.  I've heard that it doesn't matter much when you arrive at Port Everglades these days, but I cannot personally vouch for that.

EC is pretty much what you want to make it.  It's more "upscale" than "formal," and folks do that in a number of ways. 

I've seen some very fun and interesting outfits on EC nights, not the least of which was a (very good quality) black t-shirt with the KISS band logo done in rhinestones on the front and a version of the KISS album "Creatures of the Night" done in rhinestones on the back.  It might sound a little trashy, but it wasn't at all.  Rather, it looked fantastic (and the whole outfit was done very well).

13 hours ago, DCPIV said:

It sounds like you have a handle on it already.  The biggest difference you may not be aware of will be Terminal 25 at Port Everglades.  It's huge and quite nice.  It'll probably open around 10:30 AM, and (assuming all goes smoothly) boarding will begin right around 11 AM.  I've heard that it doesn't matter much when you arrive at Port Everglades these days, but I cannot personally vouch for that.

EC is pretty much what you want to make it.  It's more "upscale" than "formal," and folks do that in a number of ways. 

I've seen some very fun and interesting outfits on EC nights, not the least of which was a (very good quality) black t-shirt with the KISS band logo done in rhinestones on the front and a version of the KISS album "Creatures of the Night" done in rhinestones on the back.  It might sound a little trashy, but it wasn't at all.  Rather, it looked fantastic (and the whole outfit was done very well).

Great, thanks!

Hubs will apparently be wildly overdressed in his 3 piece suit - but he loves it, so all good.. and he looks amazing, even better!! 

Thanks for the update on arrival times also..

I'm thinking a 12 arrival for all of us should be good to go... After the rush, etc. We'll see how it plays out..

Happy sails all.... 

• Like 1

We haven't been on a cruise for about 10 years and I've been itching to go on another one.  All of our previous cruises have been on Royal Caribbean and when we went either as a family of 4 or just my wife and I part of the experience was dressing appropriately for the evening, never tux and gown, but more than appropriate.  So when I mentioned to my wife about going on another cruise she asked me what's the dress code going to be and I told her what I've been reading on the Royal boards and she said to me she doesn't want to go, we could just stay here in Florida or go to St Martin where island life  and the  dress code are the same,; I agree with her, but I still would like to go, so how is the dress code on a 7 day Celebrity eating in the Main Dining Room?