Daily Itinerary

bdever

When does the daily itinerary of scheduled activities get uploaded to the website or the Princess App in advance of the cruise? My cruise is in 18 days and I still do not see anything under JourneyView Activities Timeline.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bdever said:

When does the daily itinerary of scheduled activities get uploaded to the website or the Princess App in advance of the cruise? My cruise is in 18 days and I still do not see anything under JourneyView Activities Timeline.

I know it’s not exactly what you’re asking ,but you could look to see if there is a Live From on your particular ship(Enchanted) right now or you could post on the current roll call for the ship that you are sailing on and see if somebody answers you and or you could have them upload the Patters /newsletter .

I guess it depends on what you’re looking for in the daily patters. But if you’re doing a transatlantic you’re going to obviously have lots of Sea days,so your activities will be totally different than probably the current cruise going on. But if you’re just trying to get a general idea of like what production shows etc. then the patters right now might help 

Edited by arizonaperson

4 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Rarely is a "complete" schedule ever available pre-cruise.  Many items just don't show up until you are on board.

This is really shocking, disappointing and disturbing on so many levels. How in the hell is one expected to prebook reservations accordingly without knowing what is going on when, where and at what time? Lord have mercy… god 6 pm dinner?!? I guess?!? God knows where?!?! I hate this!!!! 

59 minutes ago, bdever said:

This is really shocking, disappointing and disturbing on so many levels. How in the hell is one expected to prebook reservations accordingly without knowing what is going on when, where and at what time? Lord have mercy… god 6 pm dinner?!? I guess?!? God knows where?!?! I hate this!!!! 

what is it you would like to know?  Many people are glad to help you find the answers you are looking for.  
And … it does seem to help if you look on the roll call or if there is a “live from” thread from the previous cruise.  Many will post the patters and dinner menus, etc.  

Perhaps you are overthinking and overplanning.  The most important times to know are cruise ports of call.  If you have booked shore excursions, ship arrival times and departure times as well as the exact time of the shore excursion will show in your shore excursion calendar.  Mine have been available for months and months in advance. 

As to shows, they are usually at more or less a similar schedule every day, with an earlier and a later time.  I never worry about trying to organize all the ship activities and time schedules before I board. I attend those events if I feel in the mood to go, and if I am interested at the time.  In the old days, with mandatory dining times, we always what time was dinner and what time was the show, and if the dinner service was running slow, we might have to skip dessert to get good show seats!

Are you trying to make spa reservations?  Again, that should be easy to book in advance.  Specialty restaurants may require on-board inquiries if they are not showing available.

I would just pick a time you like to eat dinner based on when you expect to be back from your shore excursion.  Changing a dinner reservation to suit your needs should be much easier now than in the past. 

Relax--you are going on vacation!   ENJOY!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LibertyBella said:If you have booked shore excursions, ship arrival times and departure times as well as the exact time of the shore excursion will show in your shore excursion calendar.  Mine have been available for months and months in advance. 

Is this “shore excursion calendar” in the app? Where can I find it?  Wondering how we provide proof once onboard…

39 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

what is it you would like to know?  Many people are glad to help you find the answers you are looking for.  
And … it does seem to help if you look on the roll call or if there is a “live from” thread from the previous cruise.  Many will post the patters and dinner menus, etc.  

The previous cruise was maybe last year I guess but definitely not on this ship. Okay so here are my questions that I really do not expect anyone to be able to answer unless you happen to work on the ship. So I’m typing this because I’m bored. Oh god, I need journeyview 😞

I have $100 OBC and I want to book the Sanctuary half day’s afternoons only for seadays but only the Seaday afternoons where there are no dance classes offering salsa, rumba, bachata, flamenco, Cha Cha, etc. and there are 8 sea day so I want at least 5 afternoons to be booked in the sanctuary but not to disrupt getting my groove on. So which days?

which Dinning rooms do I book dinner in to get seated by a window at a table for 1 and not miss the early show and what time?

where does the Latin band play salsa & DJ play reaggeton & what time? 
what nights do the 3 formal nights fall on? Dates?

what are the best dates/nights to book Sabatini, Grill, and a third one I forgot for a single girl? 
Does it make a huge difference to prebook MDR or what? If so what time do I need to book to make it to the show?

What other activities during the day that will interfere with sanctuary- ie mixology classes, Spanish gastronomy classes, dancing classes enrichment classes, Spanish tips tricks, life hacks, how to marry a Spaniard in 10 days that I need to know about, when are they happening and how do I sign up?

17 minutes ago, bdever said:

The previous cruise was maybe last year I guess but definitely not on this ship. Okay so here are my questions that I really do not expect anyone to be able to answer unless you happen to work on the ship. So I’m typing this because I’m bored. Oh god, I need journeyview 😞

I have $100 OBC and I want to book the Sanctuary half day’s afternoons only for seadays but only the Seaday afternoons where there are no dance classes offering salsa, rumba, bachata, flamenco, Cha Cha, etc. and there are 8 sea day so I want at least 5 afternoons to be booked in the sanctuary but not to disrupt getting my groove on. So which days?

which Dinning rooms do I book dinner in to get seated by a window at a table for 1 and not miss the early show and what time?

what are the best dates/nights to book Sabatini, Grill, and a third one I forgot for a single girl? 
Does it make a huge difference to prebook MDR or what? If so what time do I need to book to make it to the show?

What other activities during the day that will interfere with sanctuary- ie mixology classes, Spanish gastronomy classes, dancing classes enrichment classes, Spanish tips tricks, life hacks, how to marry a Spaniard in 10 days that I need to know about, when are they happening and how do I sign up?

In all the cruises we have ever been on, with the exception of excursions, we have never pre-booked or reserved anything before boarding.   We have never really thought about it really.   I'm not saying what you want is without merit.  I think what you want here would be a big improvement and seems like a natural enhancement to the app.   

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bdever said:

Thanks, there’s this whole discussion on whether to prebook dinner in the MDR and it’s adding so much stress and not knowing the daily activities is adding to the stress. 

IMO, it is very easy to get into "overthinking" mode.  Keep in mind much of the discussions here are people expressing their personal preferences, not hard & fast rules that must be followed.   Enjoy!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ldubs said:

IMO, it is very easy to get into "overthinking" mode.  Keep in mind much of the discussions here are people expressing their personal preferences, not hard & fast rules that must be followed.   Enjoy!  

No I don’t think so. The impression I was definitively left with is that if you did not prebook MDR you were made to wait to be seated a very long time and the wait could impact your evening plans. 

4 hours ago, bdever said:

You can book a time in a dining room, but not a location inside the dining room.

Best chance to be near a window (and no way to know in advance if any 2-top is near a window) is to book for when the dining room first opens and then be near the front of the line when you check in each evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, bdever said:

No I don’t think so. The impression I was definitively left with is that if you did not prebook MDR you were made to wait to be seated a very long time and the wait could impact your evening plans. 

First photo below shows part of the line of those with reservations on a recent cruise.

Second photo shows front of that line and the entire line for those without reservations.

I do not know how fast either line moved.

DSC03272.JPG

DSC03274.JPG

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Rarely is a "complete" schedule ever available pre-cruise.  Many items just don't show up until you are on board.

Possibly because staffing isn’t confirmed until the last minute. 

OP - you can book MDR seating for the whole cruise, then cancel specific days if it clashes with your planned activities once you see daily schedules.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bdever said:

Our last Princess cruise was this past Oct.  We booked the MDR dining times once onboard and in our cabin.  No lengthy reservation line.  No issues with missing any shows.   Our next princess cruise is in May.  We will see how it goes.  I doubt we will experience any ruinous problems.    

In your case, booking as soon as reservations become available seems like a good idea.   I don't know when that is.  Whatever it is, don't worry yourself sick over something you can't change.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Our last Princess cruise was this past Oct.  We booked the MDR dining times once onboard and in our cabin.  No lengthy reservation line.  No issues with missing any shows. 

Was the ship 100% booked or was there a significant number of vacant cabins?

15 hours ago, bdever said:

I can only answer what my experience has been when I traveled solo. 
I made reservations for dinner for 6:30 PM every night.  I dined alone as is what still very much in the period of lockdowns for CoVid. I prefer the midship dining rooms over the other one in the very aft.  They seated me promptly every night on a bench type seat, which is usually where solo travelers are seated.  You will be lucky to get a seat by the window as everyone seems to want those.  I appreciated the same table as my waiter really spoiled me.  Dinner took about 45 minutes, as I don’t tend to have dessert or coffee/tea after dinner.  you are allowed to let them know what pace you wish to keep for your dining.  
if you are willing to share a table with others, the availability of being seated goes way up for you.  However, be aware that dining times will be increased based at the number of others at your table.  

If you have Club Class dining, you can go according to your own schedule, though, without any reservations.  We did get a window seat every time when we were in the club class mini suites, without even requesting one.  

The timing of the shows in the theater are pretty consistently at 7:30 and 9:30 PM.  There are game shows and events usually held at 8:30 PM in either the Explorers Lounge or Princess Live, too.  
There is usually live music in Crooners after dinner, in the piazza at different times through the day, in the Explorer's Lounge at 9:30 PM, up by the pool some days, the wheelhouse Bar in the evenings, club Fusion or the Vista Lounge on most evenings.  The Vista Lounge or Club Fusion will also have some trivia games, comedians, etc at night.  

I think you’d be pretty safe planning your dinner between 5:30 and 6:00 PM if you wish to dine alone and get a seat at the first show.  

I actually like going to the specialty restaurants on the first formal night.  I never see anything on the MDR menu that is totally thrilling on that night.  Be sure to let them know in the MDR when you won’t be attending dinner there as they are apt to save the table for you when you do show up.  
you can still dress to the nines if you prefer or you can go smart casual for the specialty restaurants. If your cruise is fully packed, you may not even be able to get reservations. The same goes for the sanctuary.  So, don’t be too disappointed if you can’t.  There are still a lot of great places to eat.   Don’t miss going to the sit down pizzeria (Alfredo’s or GiGis), too .. it’s so good and you don’t need a reservation there.  The expanded room service menu is also great … we oftentimes will skip dinner completely, especially if they are showing a National sporting event in one or more of the venues.  Then, we will order a pizza ($3 fee) and a couple of Caesar salads to wherever we are seated.  Yummmmmm!   

The events such as crafting, lessons, classes, lectures are rarely scheduled during the height of the dinner hours .. 5:30 to 7:30.  

if by chance, you purchase the premium package with your booking, you will have seats reserved for you in the theater if you arrive at least. 15 minutes before the start of the shows … that may be for the production shows only but we will not know until to,row when they roll out the new features of that package.  

sometimes things you wish to do will overlap because they do have a lot activities and shows going on in different venues.  What you don’t do one day, you may be able to catch up with it on another day or even another cruise.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bdever said:

Thanks, there’s this whole discussion on whether to prebook dinner in the MDR and it’s adding so much stress and not knowing the daily activities is adding to the stress. 

I do not pre-book dinner and go to the 5th deck midship MDR. Never an issue. 

> line dancing class at 9 am

> Portuguese language lessons were 10 am in Take 5. Arrive early, it was quite popular

> Crafting every sea day at 1pm in a specialty restaurant. Reservation not necessary. It's mostly origami anyway

> Strings in piazza before dinner

> Shows at 7:30 & 9:30

> Jazz 8pm every evening in Wheelhouse or Take 5 (depending on which ship I was on). Most band options also available after dinner

> Grapevine last sea day at 3pm in oddly placed 6th deck restaurant 

I want to add 1 thing: once you are onboard you can see all the menus on your phone or TV. Then you can decide whether you want to go to the MDR, Gigis (aka: Alfredos), or which night to go to a specialty restaurant. The SD MaitreD can accommodate a same day or onboard reservation several days in advance. You might have to ask down at that restaurant but they will get you in. And it's a fairly quick process

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I can only answer what my experience has been when I traveled solo. 
I made reservations for dinner for 6:30 PM every night.  I dined alone as is what still very much in the period of lockdowns for CoVid. I prefer the midship dining rooms over the other one in the very aft.  They seated me promptly every night on a bench type seat, which is usually where solo travelers are seated.  You will be lucky to get a seat by the window as everyone seems to want those.  I appreciated the same table as my waiter really spoiled me.  Dinner took about 45 minutes, as I don’t tend to have dessert or coffee/tea after dinner.  you are allowed to let them know what pace you wish to keep for your dining.  
if you are willing to share a table with others, the availability of being seated goes way up for you.  However, be aware that dining times will be increased based at the number of others at your table.  

If you have Club Class dining, you can go according to your own schedule, though, without any reservations.  We did get a window seat every time when we were in the club class mini suites, without even requesting one.  

The timing of the shows in the theater are pretty consistently at 7:30 and 9:30 PM.  There are game shows and events usually held at 8:30 PM in either the Explorers Lounge or Princess Live, too.  
There is usually live music in Crooners after dinner, in the piazza at different times through the day, in the Explorer's Lounge at 9:30 PM, up by the pool some days, the wheelhouse Bar in the evenings, club Fusion or the Vista Lounge on most evenings.  The Vista Lounge or Club Fusion will also have some trivia games, comedians, etc at night.  

I think you’d be pretty safe planning your dinner between 5:30 and 6:00 PM if you wish to dine alone and get a seat at the first show.  

I actually like going to the specialty restaurants on the first formal night.  I never see anything on the MDR menu that is totally thrilling on that night.  Be sure to let them know in the MDR when you won’t be attending dinner there as they are apt to save the table for you when you do show up.  
you can still dress to the nines if you prefer or you can go smart casual for the specialty restaurants. If your cruise is fully packed, you may not even be able to get reservations. The same goes for the sanctuary.  So, don’t be too disappointed if you can’t.  There are still a lot of great places to eat.   Don’t miss going to the sit down pizzeria (Alfredo’s or GiGis), too .. it’s so good and you don’t need a reservation there.  The expanded room service menu is also great … we oftentimes will skip dinner completely, especially if they are showing a National sporting event in one or more of the venues.  Then, we will order a pizza ($3 fee) and a couple of Caesar salads to wherever we are seated.  Yummmmmm!   

The events such as crafting, lessons, classes, lectures are rarely scheduled during the height of the dinner hours .. 5:30 to 7:30.  

if by chance, you purchase the premium package with your booking, you will have seats reserved for you in the theater if you arrive at least. 15 minutes before the start of the shows … that may be for the production shows only but we will not know until to,row when they roll out the new features of that package.  

sometimes things you wish to do will overlap because they do have a lot activities and shows going on in different venues.  What you don’t do one day, you may be able to catch up with it on another day or even another cruise.  

What nights are formal - there are 3 total.

6 PM it is for dinner! Thank you!

I don’t dine with strangers- never danced with Covid, so I need a solo table. Bench seats hurt my back. Maybe I can bring a pillow from my cabin to accommodate my back?