MDR table request. Email unanswered

gavvy

4 minutes ago, gavvy said:

Sent 2 emails now to the rcldining address requesting a table for 2. No answer received.

Is there another email or another way to request a table for 2?

As long as you have traditional dining the email address is  RCLDining@ rccl .com. It usually takes a few days to a week or so for a reply . Do not send a email until two weeks before cruise date.

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1

That's the one I used. Sent an email 2 weeks ago and another last week.no reply nothing. V odd. 

I suppose I can ask when on board but if we have to share that means we won't eat at all in the MDR and that's a shame.

Wish I requested my time dining now

5 minutes ago, gavvy said:

Anthem march 5

It may not be too late to make a change or getting onto the wait list. Call C&A , or get your TA to call.  (800) 526-9723

Out of curiosity why are you so down on large tables.  We always have late dining and a large table, just get a table for two in specialty. 

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, gavvy said:

Anthem march 5

Patience, Grasshopper.😉

You are still 15 days out.

You have sent emails 4 and 3 weeks (or perhaps a bit more?) before your cruise.  
Here on CruiseCritic posters generally suggest you wait until 2-3 weeks before your cruise.  The reason:  the people who arrange tables work in the cruises in order of departure. When you sent your first email they were working on cruises before yours.  Give them time to work in your cruise.

I did not get an email response to my request for my last cruise.  Still, when we wandered into the dining room to find our table after boarding we found we had a very nice table for 2.  Lack of an email is not evidence of denial.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have emailed them in the past and do not always get a response or a get a generic response acknowledging they received they email and are working on it. 

The good news Everytime I got the request that I wanted even though they did not confirm via email.    

So just hang tight - you should be just fine.     Worst case you go to the host of the MDR when you board and ask about your table then.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

It may not be too late to make a change or getting onto the wait list. Call C&A , or get your TA to call.  (800) 526-9723

Out of curiosity why are you so down on large tables.  We always have late dining and a large table, just get a table for two in specialty. 

Large tables takes longer to eat if you are on a tight schedule. Tables for 2 you can tell the waiter you want speed dining because you have something scheduled you want to make sure you get to on time.

With a large table that is not possible.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

DH and I feel the same about tables for just us. We always go to the dining room on embarkation day and check out our table--the table number is listed on your card, so once you get to your cabin and retrieve your card you'll know where to find it. Most of the time it is indeed a two-person, but if not, we go to the podium at the entrance and ask about getting it switched. Sometimes we find that it's a four-person table but we're the only ones assigned to it, which is actually better! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, gavvy said:

We just don't like eating with people we don't know! 

I may give them a ring see if we can switch to mtd

When you sent your email did you include your booking number and names?  Just making sure.

Anthem has 4 dining rooms.   We usually request American Icon.

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

When you sent your email did you include your booking number and names?  Just making sure.

Anthem has 4 dining rooms.   We usually request American Icon.

Hi 

Yes I put name sailing date booking ref and ship on the emails.

Hopefully they will act on it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

DH and I feel the same about tables for just us. We always go to the dining room on embarkation day and check out our table--the table number is listed on your card, so once you get to your cabin and retrieve your card you'll know where to find it. Most of the time it is indeed a two-person, but if not, we go to the podium at the entrance and ask about getting it switched. Sometimes we find that it's a four-person table but we're the only ones assigned to it, which is actually better! 

FYI, your table number will also appear on the app, so you can even check your dining table assignment before you go to your cabin if you wish.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gavvy said:

We just don't like eating with people we don't know! 

I may give them a ring see if we can switch to mtd

For the 5 sailings I did last year, I had it noted in my reservation (booked through Royal) that we wanted a table for 2. We had fixed dining on all of them.  But, I always head to the main dining room when I get onboard, before I even go to my cabin, and check to see where the table is located and if it truly is a table for 2.  Only once was it not, but that was quickly fixed and they even used a Sharpie to change our table number on our cards when we came back at dinner time.  

My DD and I had a two-top we LOVED on Oasis last year.  It was one of the few that didn't have another table only 10" away.  I spotted a table in that same location on Harmony in a video on YouTube, and I did a screen grab of it.  I sent my request for that table two weeks ago, including the picture of it from the video.  I got an email a week ago, telling me that the request had been sent to the ship.  I never received a confirmation from the Harmony, but when we boarded today, we went to the MDR to check, and the exact table number was already on our room cards when we got them.  

We also prefer our own company at dinner, and have always requested a two-top, but this was the first time asking for a specific table.  So happy that we got it.  I hope you get confirmation of your request soon.  If you don't, I'm sure you will still be able to get a table to yourselves if you go to the MDR to ask once you're onboard.  There seem to be more two-tops in recent years than there used to be.

• Like 1

We sail in 7 days, and we are also in the same "no response from rcldining@rccl.com to multiple emails" situation. Not even an auto generated message. It does make me feel better knowing I'm not the only one experiencing it right now, but honestly, I'm freaking out and I'm probably not going to calm down until after dinner goes smoothly on our first night. Hungry toddlers are not always "go with the flow" people, so I'm in plan/backup plan/contingency plan mode right now before it becomes a problem.

(We requested and were confirmed as early dining with a private table but all our recent paperwork now shows My Time.)

11 hours ago, gavvy said:

Anthem march 5

There is still time to get an answer.  You will probably be in American Icon or Silk.  There are plenty of tables for 2.  If you do not get a response, go to the restaurants as soon as you board and ask the Maitre D for your needs. 

Edited by nelblu
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Like specialty restaurants are free.

• Like 2

I have been emailing about table location and size approximately 10-12 days in advance. Very good results with 6 cruises last year. Last 2 cruises this year, emails have gone unanswered and requests not accommodated.

edit to add: this may be ship specific. Last two requests were on Adventure out of Galveston 

Edited by Dan83
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, funfetti said:

We sail in 7 days, and we are also in the same "no response from rcldining@rccl.com to multiple emails" situation. Not even an auto generated message. It does make me feel better knowing I'm not the only one experiencing it right now, but honestly, I'm freaking out and I'm probably not going to calm down until after dinner goes smoothly on our first night. Hungry toddlers are not always "go with the flow" people, so I'm in plan/backup plan/contingency plan mode right now before it becomes a problem.

(We requested and were confirmed as early dining with a private table but all our recent paperwork now shows My Time.)

If you did not request the change from early dining to MTD, I’d try to get that sorted out now.  Call your TA (if you used one) or Royal (if you booked direct) ASAP.

• Like 1