The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday February 20th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Today is President's Day, Cherry Pie Day, and Hoodie Hoo Day

When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.--Jess C. Scott, The Intern

Meal Suggestion for today - Birria Ramen
Drink of the Day - Emerald Daiquiri
Wine of the Day - G�rard Fiou Sancerre Terroir Silex 2021 (Gerard?)
Destination of the Day - IJmuiden, Netherlands North Holland

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 3-04

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Kailua-Kona, Hawaii Island eta 2-24

Nieuw Amsterdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 09:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Grand Cayman Island, George Town Harbour eta 2-21

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Puerto Chacabuco, Chile eta 2-21

Rotterdam

Kralendijk Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles 08:00 - 23:00

Volendam

At Sea Destination Salvador de Bahia, Brazil eta 2-21

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico Riviera eta 2-21

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Wellington, NZ 12:00 - 20:00

Westerdam

Benoa, Bali Indonesia 08:00 - 18:00

Zuiderdam

Fremantle, Perth, Western Australia 08:00 Arrive

image.thumb.png.88a0f70b7151901df9363193e0dc0635.png

image.thumb.png.a19a893c7c177bd06faf32847c033495.png

Sandi for Roy and Rich

With big thanks to Ann and Paul for their help last week

Edited by StLouisCruisers
spelling of wine
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 13

Good morning friends!  It's 45F in north central Georgia with a high today expected of 71 with both sun and clouds later on.  After exercise on the treadmill and breakfast we will head out for some groceries because the refrigerator is bare.  We got by over the weekend but it's time to do that chore.  Yesterday I kept busy around the house and got a lot done. 

Today is President's Day which reminds me that exactly one year ago was my latest Mohs surgery on the upper left corner of my forehead.  Remember the numbness I experienced there and on the top left side of my head?  I've regained most of the feeling these past couple of months.  There was one area on the scalp that had some tenderness still but it seems to be better now too.  Even two months ago I didn't think it would happen but it has.  I'm grateful for that!

I love cherry pie, and remember we had discussions about hoodie hoo day before. The definition for it is as follows. " Hoodie Hoo Day. Hoodie Hoo Day is a day that is celebrated every year on February 20th. It is a day designed to help people overcome the winter-time blues and to prepare them for the coming of Spring".  I love the quote and the food sounds interesting, if you can call ramen interesting.  The port today is Ijmuiden, Netherlands and I've only been there once.  It was the port outside Amsterdam on our 2016 Prinsendam cruise which was a great one!  Since there is no link today I will post a couple of photos for you.  Really, there wasn't much to see since you basically take your transport/transfer there, get on the ship, then it leaves.  It is close to the mouth of the North Sea and saves that journey down the canal from Amsterdam.  

Photos along the ride from the Amsterdam Airport to the ship. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLPLFEzt8h4GUQyB8QsggF1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468067584

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIO2OhOtORKnYSrbk8qLsK-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468067584

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmFoajYT3UMCI0siEi_vg3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468067589

Our beloved Prinsendam00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKsM2NGeVon8c-q086O7kjm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468067593

That is all!!

First I thank Rich for creating our content today.  Without it Roy, myself, Ann and Paul, or anyone else would not be reading it or printing it.  Thanks to Vanessa for handling the Care and Celebration lists for us now because that is such a big help!  Prayers for the many on the Care list and that includes those needing help in Ukraine and New Zealand, as well as the many in Turkey and Syria.  These are trying times!🙏 Three cheers for those able to enjoy good news, or cruises!🥂

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day!  Time for that treadmill!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 10

Thanks for the Fleet update and general info.

How interesting to celebrate Presidents Day (Washington) and cherry pie day on the same day. I guess there was plenty of cherry pie when Washington cut down the cherry tree. 😀. Interesting fact. When I took in school Geometry some xxx years ago our teacher told us something we were never forget, and I didn’t. The square root of 3 is the date of the birth of George Washington, 1732 or 1.732. 
As far as Hoodie Hoo Day. Are you kidding me? I wonder who came up with this. I guess you can come up with Anything Day. There it is!

• Like 22
  • Haha 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Welcome back Sandi.

It may be President's Day in the US, but it's Family Day here in Ontario.  I'm not sure what the holiday is called in other provinces, but it's a good excuse for a day off in the winter.  I'm not a big fan of cherry pie and I wish that shouting "Hoodie Hoo" would chase away the winter blues.

Love the quote, so true.

Not sure about the meal, I'll wait until I see the recipe.

I'm sure I'll like the drink, hope the wine is good too.

We've been to Amsterdam a couple of times. but not to IJmuiden.  Thanks for the pictures.

Prayers for everyone.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful Monday.

Stay safe.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Happy Presidents’ Day, mostly for George Washington’s Birthday which is the 22nd, truly Father of the US who held it together as it was being born.

Looks like a nice day and week coming to Maryland. Today is laundry day and packing the gazillion little things, tomorrow is packing all the rest of it!  Wednesday we begin the long drive to Ft Lauderdale but breaking it into 3 days should make it pretty easy. Looks like good weather for all the family’s airports for our gathering Friday. Thanks all for the good wishes.  UPDATE:  Son received his passport, Yay!  Not sure when exactly but we finally got word from his wife yesterday. Whew!  

@grapau27 Condolences to Sarah on losing a close friend. Not everybody who dies is old. It’s impressive how he turned his illness into a gift for so many. What courage and heart!  

@luvteaching Karen, Sounds like you and DH are making great progress, one day at a time. Hoping he can be released before your Medicare days run out! 🙏 

Roy, we feel you’re on a good trend getting stronger!  🙏 for that trend to continue. 

@ottahand7Nancy, hoping your house is undamaged. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Thank for tge many pictures, great memories!  

@StLouisCruisers Glad you’re home safe.  Thanks for sharing your cruise with us. 

@kazu Jacqui you are inspiring looking beyond the ice and snow to planting bulbs!  And one-armed!  Blessings on your claims and your elbow. 

@erewhonWe are really jolted to hear of the staggering losses in NZ. 🙏 for the families and for the rescuers. Keep us posted as your news unfolds. Here it gets buried by so much other devastating news in the world. We loved our time in NZ, and being with such warm and caring  people!  

Thanks to all the contributors here, making this uplifting, safe place happen. Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope near to us and around the world. 
🎉Cheers to all celebrating milestones and good happenings in their lives!  We need to remember that Life is Good. 

Thanks for adding us to the care rotation for DHs eye situation. It’s very troubling but I try to be grateful always, it helps ground me. I’m helping him with his new preservative-free eye drops three times a day- they come in individual dose ampules which don’t clip into the old dropper bottle alignment appliance, so it’s harder for him to administer himself as he can’t really see that close in, although reading and distance are still good 🙏. We’re hoping the surgery late March (and other eye later on?) will eventually help get him off the meds that are causing the itchy facial dermatitis. That would be a miracle!  One day at a time… today is a good day to happy!  
Maureen

• Like 29
  • Thanks 6

Thanks for our Monday Daily, Sandi and welcome home!  Good collection of days although I don’t plan on running out at noon and yelling Hoodie Hoo 😉 

It’s Family Day here - a provincial holiday that many provinces celebrate with some different names.  Translation - it’s a long weekend in the middle of dreary February - and a break since it is so long between Christmas and Easter break.

3BAC0526-B263-4C1F-8DA2-B1CF7F248F19.jpeg.6ca8324767e3190c9060d498e219e480.jpeg

Today’s quote is very true.  Was supposed to be at today’s port in May until the itinerary was changed and I had to cancel.  From what I had read there is not much in this port - best to head to Haarlem or Amsterdam.

Another dreary day here - temps are heading back up today just enough to give us rain before they plummet again.  If I am left with ice again, I may scream.  Then it looks like it is snow most of the week.

5360197F-E922-4283-9C80-25A88F5ECB40.jpeg.32b62341fca1a51987ce8757c599ccf3.jpeg

The best laid plans…discovered I didn’t have all the paper I needed yesterday and had to print more, mark it and then my elbow complained too much & I got fed up….so I ordered my seeds and perennials instead 😆. I’ll plug along on the paper today and will get it done.

@RMLincolnso glad to hear that long awaited passport finally arrived. 👍. I am not inspirational - I just need something to look forward to besides the current weather and circumstances and besides, if I don’t get things started, I won’t have my flowers and veggies later 😉 

1E3AFC28-6C9E-4A6E-8997-1D50B91E00A4.thumb.jpeg.6d848d6ff93e289bc2b784597eafee5e.jpeg

Prayers for everyone one on the Care list, people of Ukraine, New Zealand & earthquake victims and for those that need them.  And a toast 🥂 for everyone on the Celebratory list!

D1A3D2AA-0FDB-4E10-97A9-D7CF7B894F24.thumb.jpeg.c9409b2548b8d7f3a64239b71368e3fc.jpeg

Have a great Monday, everyone!!!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

Good morning!  We are at sea on our way to Salvador de Bahia tomorrow at 9. Third largest city in Brazil.  International wine tasting at 2 and Canaletto at 6.  Surf and turf in the MDR tonight so I imagine the MDR will be packed.  Tonight is Mardis Gras night by the Lido pool.  They work hard to keep everyone from getting bored. 

I heard my house is Ok. It was a false alarm.  It looked so ominous on our neighbors camera but it was a very late delivery for another neighbor.  They must have really been behind to be backing in the wrong driveway at 10 at night.  It is still good to get a heads up when something is suspicious in our neighborhood of 15 homes. 

Welcome back Sandi and I hope your cruise was lovely. Thanks for starting us out with the Daily and thanks to Ann for filling in.  Prayers for all on our Care list and for the people of Ukraine.   Almost to the one year anniversary of the invasion it was good to see our President there giving them moral support and probably more ammunition. Our friend who left the ship in Santos we have heard nothing from.  Santa Richard is their contact and he will keep us posted. I don't remember if I mentioned we have another passenger and her partner who are in the hospital in Santos after she had to get a hip replacement.   I sure hope the partners can cross paths and give each other some moral support.  The lady that broke her hip sends us updates to our 74 day Facebook page.

Yesterday we had a "meeting of the waters" off the bow of the ship.  They must have been washing the streets into the storm drains that dump right into the harbor.  The trashiest city we have been to so far. 

Have a wonderful Monday!  Nancy 

IMG_20230219_141227339.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's 45F in north central Georgia with a high today expected of 71 with both sun and clouds later on.  After exercise on the treadmill and breakfast we will head out for some groceries because the refrigerator is bare.  We got by over the weekend but it's time to do that chore.  Yesterday I kept busy around the house and got a lot done. 

Today is President's Day which reminds me that exactly one year ago was my latest Mohs surgery on the upper left corner of my forehead.  Remember the numbness I experienced there and on the top left side of my head?  I've regained most of the feeling these past couple of months.  There was one area on the scalp that had some tenderness still but it seems to be better now too.  Even two months ago I didn't think it would happen but it has.  I'm grateful for that!

I love cherry pie, and remember we had discussions about hoodie hoo day before. The definition for it is as follows. " Hoodie Hoo Day. Hoodie Hoo Day is a day that is celebrated every year on February 20th. It is a day designed to help people overcome the winter-time blues and to prepare them for the coming of Spring".  I love the quote and the food sounds interesting, if you can call ramen interesting.  The port today is Ijmuiden, Netherlands and I've only been there once.  It was the port outside Amsterdam on our 2016 Prinsendam cruise which was a great one!  Since there is no link today I will post a couple of photos for you.  Really, there wasn't much to see since you basically take your transport/transfer there, get on the ship, then it leaves.  It is close to the mouth of the North Sea and saves that journey down the canal from Amsterdam.  

Photos along the ride from the Amsterdam Airport to the ship. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLPLFEzt8h4GUQyB8QsggF1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468067584

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIO2OhOtORKnYSrbk8qLsK-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468067584

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmFoajYT3UMCI0siEi_vg3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468067589

Our beloved Prinsendam00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKsM2NGeVon8c-q086O7kjm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468067593

That is all!!

First I thank Rich for creating our content today.  Without it Roy, myself, Ann and Paul, or anyone else would not be reading it or printing it.  Thanks to Vanessa for handling the Care and Celebration lists for us now because that is such a big help!  Prayers for the many on the Care list and that includes those needing help in Ukraine and New Zealand, as well as the many in Turkey and Syria.  These are trying times!🙏 Three cheers for those able to enjoy good news, or cruises!🥂

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day!  Time for that treadmill!

Great photos Sandi and I'm pleased most of your forehead numbness has gone.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.

It is a sunny 60°F today.

Thank you Sandi for posting today's reports.

A good selection of days and interesting quote.

Not sure what today's food is.

We have been fortunate to dock in Amsterdam but before we started cruising we did a few cruiseferries on DFDS from our home port of Newcastle to Ijmuiden then we were bussed to Amsterdam for the day.

Best wishes to everyone who is unwell.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

• Like 30

Sandi - welcome back & thank you for posting today’s Report & Daily! Hope your return home wasn’t too traumatic. Rich, thank you for making sure we were all set - even with you touring the World!

Vanessa, thank you for keeping our lists! It is a glorious day here, with just a hint of coolness in the morning. Off to the gym, then Bindi walks, chores, and getting ready for my pavers to be cleaned & resealed will round out my day. 

1E97D36B-E115-4AC6-929C-BC4AFC93C9AD.jpeg.9928c64181540b34fe6bb4c9e001b5e0.jpeg

C6ACCF66-9F6B-4E3F-9DAA-E2EEB5ECA845.jpeg.e33f4e16f1c49b7e1744ee519723f5be.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Gérard Fiou Sancerre Terroir Silex 2021

Another opportunity to use my upgraded decoder ring. This Sancerre sounds interesting and I would love a taste. Excellent critic and consumer ratings. A bit elusive, but I found one online distributor that would ship to me for a decent price -$29.99.

Winemaker Notes

#81 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2022

Overflowing aromas of flints and spices. Powerful in fruit and in body evokes the Sauvignon flower and the sap of the vines. With a superb balance, a delicate and harmonious expression, all of its elegance grows on the finish.

D92 Decanter
Light citrus aromas and mouth-filling ripe fruit nicely balanced by its refreshing acidity in its long finish. This promising, charming Sancerre should develop further in bottle. The 34ha Gérard Fiou domaine is based in St-Satur with its vineyards on the flinty slopes of this commune. Due to a lack of successors, the domaine was sold to the Famille Bourgeois in 2005. As with Domaine Laporte, the Bourgeois family decided to keep the domaine separate with its own winery rather than vinify in their winery at Chavignol.
WS90 Wine Spectator

Offers grapefruit, lemon verbena and fresh-cut herbs interwoven across a nicely structured, dense palate edged in salty, fine-grained minerals. The finish is carried by lime zest, with dried tea leaf and flint accents.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for the Fleet update and general info.

How interesting to celebrate Presidents Day (Washington) and cherry pie day on the same day. I guess there was plenty of cherry pie when Washington cut down the cherry tree. 😀. Interesting fact. When I took in school Geometry some xxx years ago our teacher told us something we were never forget, and I didn’t. The square root of 3 is the date of the birth of George Washington, 1732 or 1.732. 
As far as Hoodie Hoo Day. Are you kidding me? I wonder who came up with this. I guess you can come up with Anything Day. There it is!

Forgot to mention that when I took Geometry in eight grade I first thought the course was going to be the study of plants. Why?

G, I Am A Tree!

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 6
  • Haha 14

Today’s care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia

Graham’s Sarah losing a close friend

Ger_77 with dental issue

RIP Temple University Police officer killed in line of duty

46,000+ deaths after Turkish & Syrian earthquakes

New Zealand affected by cyclone/flooding, with deaths and many missing people

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Cruising sister recovering from hand surgery

Cruising-along’s kidney issues, seeing Nephrologist next week 

My BFF’s Uncle, who is doing poorly, and has perhaps only days

Scrapnana undergoing chemotherapy
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shout outs:

StLouisCruiser’s starting the Fleet Report/Daily

Roy starting to sleep better

Cruzin Terri Welcome Home!

Dfish’s happiness with her new home, and being near family 

Luvteaching’s DH’s continued slow improvement

3 days for Lady Hudson (Enchantment of the Seas 2/23 to 3/3)

5 days for RMLincoln family cruise (Rotterdam 2/25 to 3/8)

5 days for SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam 2/25 to 3/11) 

5 days for Cruisercl (NCL Bliss 2/25 to 3/12)

5 days for Mr. Boston (Celebrity Millennium 2/25 to 3/4)

ottahand7 and Lindaler (Volendam to 3/18), Seasick Sailor and 57redbird (Koningsdam to 3/25), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 27
  • Thanks 11

Emerald Daiquiri:

Ingredients
1 part Midori® Melon Liqueur
1 part Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
Juice of 1 Lime
Melon Wedge

Instructions
Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass with an optional sugared rim. Garnish with a melon wedge and/or a lime wheel on the rim.

Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 8.01.35 AM.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 10

Good morning! It was good to sleep in a bit this morning after binge snacking all day watching the longest Daytona 500 in history. Race cannot end on a yellow caution flag and there were plenty of them at the end. DW has informed me that today we start South Beach Diet meals again.

@erewhon whom we met on our New Zealand cruise I had no idea of the devastation of your recent cyclones. Glad your safe but prayers for your fellow citizens and country.

Have a dental appointment to fix a slight crack in a tooth that should be a quick in and out procedure. Plus it’s my favorite day of the week! Laundry Day!

Thanks for all who keep the Daily running and may all of you have a great week.

image.thumb.png.6853453db9226977adef1e87ef4185e2.pngimage.thumb.png.444d9413787cdc50c7d04e248e1533bd.pngimage.jpeg.52866e35247efa50f0a8e19928f30b37.jpegimage.jpeg.dbc2acdfaa7a1cf8236a0903f85fdfd3.jpegimage.jpeg.becde5667ee9893a6f980caf8fce8ef6.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 19
  • Haha 16

Happy President's (or Family) Day, Dailyites.  Thank You Rich, Sandi, and Vanessa for keeping us going.  I slept well last night but still have a major case of drowsiness.  Looks like today will be a warm but somewhat dreary day.

@JazzyV do you think Jimmy Carter is too political to go on the care rotation.  I did not care for his Presidency but felt like he set the standard for past Presidents.  What do you think?

Roy

• Like 25
  • Thanks 7

Good morning, everyone!

Today is gym day and then I'm heading to the grocery store.  We have a winter storm coming in Wednesday into Thursday.  This morning they had updated the forecast to 1-3 inches of snow Wednesday during the day followed by an additional 8-12 inches Wednesday night into Thursday and finished off with freezing rain and sleet on Thursday.  Generally they over promise on the precipitation and I am really hoping that is the case here.  Should be fun!  

Today's meal is an interesting one.   Birria is a Mexican dish from the state of Jalisco. The dish is a meat stew or soup traditionally made from goat meat, but occasionally made from beef, lamb, mutton or chicken. The meat is marinated in an adobo made of vinegar, dried chiles, garlic, and herbs and spices (including cumin, bay leaves, and thyme) before being cooked in a broth. The dish is often served at celebratory occasions such as weddings and baptisms and during holidays such as Christmas and Easter. Preparation techniques vary, but the dish is often served with corn tortillas, onion, cilantro and lime.

birria.jpg.0f6a2199f371928a9b91527d5d1bed1a.jpg

I'm thinking you can substitute any kind of noodle you like for the ramen.  The star in this dish is the birria, not the noodle.  You could put the birria over zoodles or riced cauliflower if you prefer and are watching the carbs.  If you're not a fan of spicy food, this probably won't be your dinner tonight.   Here's our first recipe:  https://inmamamaggieskitchen.com/birria-ramen/

birriaramen1.thumb.jpg.4000789f6be1a3ca2c38b05fa2f2ea31.jpg

I'm thinking this would be perfect for the slow cooker.  Long, slow cooking tenderizes the meat and makes for a flavorful broth.   https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/recipes/birria-ramen/

birriaramen2.thumb.jpg.7fe8749c158b01ad59550cf5331b5253.jpg

And here is one for the instant pot.  https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/recipes/birria-ramen/

birriaramen3.thumb.jpg.ef9ea832e60d94f0104776cddc2507e7.jpg

Healing thoughts and hugs for all in need and cheers to those celebrating.   Wishing you all a wonderful day!   

• Like 23
  • Thanks 9

Good morning from central Florida.

I thought I would post now, because I am sure later I will be too busy.

I am dressed and ready for breakfast, but Jim just got up so I am waiting for him. We decided not to drive the whole way yesterday because it is just too much for me doing all the driving.  We have about 5 hours of driving today.

We had a good cruise and got a chance to rest and recoup, knowing that we are going back to lots of work.

I am really anxious to see what our bathroom looks like.  I was disappointed on Friday that we did not get any photos from the contractor.

I only got to read yesterday’s Daily this morning as I was so tired to do it last night.

@StLouisCruisers Welcome home and thank you for the Daily and Fleet Report.  Glad you are home safe and sound and enjoyed your cruise.

@grapau27 Graham condolences to Sarah on the loss of her dear friend.

@JazzyVthank you for the cares and celebration lists.

Prayers for President Jimmy Carter. I agree with the others who have posted.  He is to be admired for his dedication to service to our country and God.  I hope his transition is easy for him.  

Prayers for the people in the Ukraine and those from the cyclone Gabrielle and the earthquake.

I am really not good and remembering everyone, but do remember all of you each day in my prayers.

Hope everyone has a good day.

DH is ready and time for breakfast.

God Bless.

Terri

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Welcome back @StLouisCruisers!  Happy Presidents Day to my friends in the US; we will celebrate Family day here on the "frozen tundra" with many other provinces.  As @kazuindicated, it's really just a way to get a long weekend during the cold winter months, but every little bit helps.  I love cherry pie, and will make a cherry something today, as I know I have a can of pie filling in the pantry.

I'd gladly shout Hoodie Hoo several times over if it helped clear off the snow from the driveway!  The snow began late yesterday afternoon and while we were having dinner last night, we saw what we described as "big chunks" of snow falling straight down.  It was quite lovely, but we knew it meant likely a lot more would come down by morning.  Looking out at the driveway (which has a bunch of bunny rabbit tracks on it), it looks like there's at least 3 inches that will need to be shoveled.  I'll wait until it gets light out before venturing out.  I think it's light snow, not the wet, heavy stuff.

@ottahand7I'm so glad your house was alright, and that there are neighbours who are watchful while people are away.  Strange time of night to be delivering things, though!

@kazuI hope you're able to get all your paperwork done today; that will be a big load off your mind.

@JazzyVyou are very sweet to put me on the care list, but it's only a tooth.  I thought I'd call the office first thing this morning, but realized it's Family Day and all the medical and dental offices will be closed.  Oh well, another day of eating soft foods and being careful certainly won't hurt me.

We went to a couple of places yesterday looking for a new computer; I thought after all these years, the prices would have come down lower than they are.  Today we'll head out to Best Buy to see what they have and then we'll make a decision on what will end up on our desk.

I know I'd like today's menu suggestion, but DH doesn't handle heat well, so I think I'll take a pass on it.  When I went down to the deep freeze, I noticed we still had a couple of containers of chili in there, so that's what we'll be enjoying at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially those experiencing natural and man made disasters.  Cheers to all with celebrations going on.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  @dfish thank you for today’s recipes and pictures, they look good.  I’d like a nice piece of cherry pie.  Mona had me awake at 3am demanding attention and she wasn’t happy with me when I stopped petting her.  I’d take a nap but it is a work day.  Yesterday we started watching Star Trek: Picard, so far it’s good.

I hope everyone has a good Monday.

image.png.6865cc1e21188e5da1c34fd79e1af3da.png

• Like 30

Good morning all,

Cant believe I made it to the first page today, and wasn’t up early. Will pass on the meal and the wine. Not much closes around here for Presidents Day, though when I worked it signaled the beginning of the “dry spell”, with Memorial Day and July 4 being the only holidays.

Got the woggle figured out and finished the present for our neighbors fiancé. 
BD4DF2BB-D001-4766-9A39-13B527AC3DC9.thumb.jpeg.66bd4d4369d174c39bfd10e1da5294d8.jpeg

Today I start serious work on a tea am hosting for a friend who is moving in a month. 
And work on planning our upcoming cruise. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good Monday Morning Dailyites! Computer says it's 52 and sunny, and then it just switched to earnings upcoming.  I wish it said earning going up.   

Early morning time is time with Furnando cat as while I read posts, he sits in front of the screen and knocks things off the desk.  He gets bored after a while, and allows me space to actually type, and now Irving is on my lap, it is never ending cat here. 

97d807745d6f6aca9539389e409d4225.jpg

I enjoyed watching the race yesterday, although not too sure if the coverage was that great.  I think NASCAR should have it's own channel like F1 does.  No commercials.  I would pay for that, don't think DH would, he slept through 3/4 of the race.  

I got the rest of the days in Vancouver planned, sent off itinerary to BFF, he's ok with it.  We arrive on Wednesday afternoon, get to hotel and chill, find dinner and go to bed.  Figuring the time change will catch up with us.  Thursday we walk up to the Vancouver Art Gallery, and wander the neighborhood, Friday we will keep our "excursion" to Victoria, which is 13 hours long.  Saturday we will catch the False Creek Ferry from Granville island and spend the afternoon at the Vancouver Maritime Museum, and Sunday board the Neiuw Amsterdam for 14 days.

Taking your advice, we booked Tamarind for embarkation day, will get lunch scheduled at PC once on board, and BFF is still trying to decide on the Italian restaurant.

And now Bob has shown up for belly rubbing.    Who says I don't get exercise?  Have a great day!

901dd8695da27bc1b86cf273a591230a--cat-cartoons-cat-stuff.jpg

• Like 23
  • Haha 4