2/20: Changes, Price Increases, etc. MEGATHREAD

talkorpi

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Not sure how that works with relation to the gym classes. The instructor is on board already, and presumably gets paid regardless of how many people take up the two free classes option.

The added classes seem to be done through a licensing/sales deal (all the classes offered are branded)  I bet they will try the hard sell to get people to book more than the 2 free offered.

Due to health limitations my Mom can’t participate so these offer 0 value. 
Not a real perk. 

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

@Sea Hag I finally found it, read it, still wondering but looks like its ok. No tea so will figure it out for me personally 

2 changes on the coffee pkg t&c:20230223_212922.thumb.jpg.e02f99993cf8b715a5bc7c030365112c.jpg

# of specialty coffees & price varies based on voyage. Also cannot trade minibar for it. So the pkg is still offered. 

Still wonder what I can trade minibar for. 

No….this has been the verbage for years.

This is not new.  Nothing to do with Elite swap.  

The missing item here….their hasty pricing update….THEY DELETED they PRICE of the coffee package.  

They just don’t update old information. That’s why there are so many questions.

TYPICAL.

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

Respectfully disagree as it could be traded for the minibar in December 2022 + it previously stated '15 specialty coffees'. Now it states # determined by itinerary. Also new t&c omits any reference to tea, which was there last week. Also states varies by ship.  But will know Saturday 

It did say specialty teas, you’re right.  
But, I can’t believe they would change a few sentences IF they were discontinuing this package.  Doesn’t make sense.

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

It did say specialty teas, you’re right.  
But, I can’t believe they would change a few sentences IF they were discontinuing this package.  Doesn’t make sense.

I thought it also said 15 specialty coffees. Now it says: 

"specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary)"

4 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I think the big issue here is, we are analyzing the T & C here, not the verbage on the actual beverage package page.  Where the package is still shown, on my end, but the price is missing.

So, we will have to see from ON THE JOB EXPERIENCE!  🙄

That lead me to believe they were going to increase the price.  But, one knows that is meaningless with the IT updates.

Zero-Alcohol Drink Package

• Like 1

3 hours ago, caribill said:

There never was a limit on coffees a day. There was a limit of 15 specialty coffees during the cruise, but unlimited brewed coffees during the cruise.

Thus, I do not know how accurate the rest of the notice your TA received is.

I think we understood what that meant - it was limited to 15 speciality coffees (not brewed coffee).

My TA was getting a lot of questions and asked for clarification and this is what she was sent.

Edited by Coral
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Last time we had only the coffee card on our Medallion, we were limited to 15 specialty coffees for that cruise.  In January, we purchased the coffee package for $36.58 and daughter got the "old" soda package for $11.79 per day for our cruise in November - San Francisco to Sydney.  Wonder now if they will cancel our orders and refund the monies?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

@Ombud  That language has been there since the change from the physical cards, it just was never implemented and it remained 15 (old card #).  See post 17 on the attached thread from 2018.

• Like 1

Well, we board tomorrow so will find out the scoop.  I am really interested in finding out if we can just update our plus to the premier package on the app and use our OBC to do so.  
I will come back and report my progress.  
I am also interested in knowing the cost of a glass of Rombauer Chardonnay and a glass of Seghesio Zinfandel.  I guess I will find out soon enough.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Well, we board tomorrow so will find out the scoop.  I am really interested in finding out if we can just update our plus to the premier package on the app and use our OBC to do so.  
I am also interested in knowing the cost of a glass of Rombauer Chardonnay and a glass of Seghesio Zinfandel.  I guess I will find out soon enough.  

Please post current wine selections if at all possible. 
thanks and enjoy your cruise

12 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Thank you.  Enjoy your cruise and stay warm!  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, caribill said:

There never was a limit on coffees a day. There was a limit of 15 specialty coffees during the cruise, but unlimited brewed coffees during the cruise.

Thus, I do not know how accurate the rest of the notice your TA received is.

On the Regal last November there were brewed coffee machines in the buffet (no more liquid concentrate). As a result there was no brewed coffee available at the International Cafe, only specialty coffees.

• Thanks 2

Interestingly the Coffee, Classic Soda and Zero-Proof packages do not show up online in the Cruise Personalizer for my journey on the Enchanted Princess starting on the 23rd. Only the Plus and Premier Drink packages, plus the water and 6 pack of canned soda are available. 

44 minutes ago, Barry H said:

On the Regal last November there were brewed coffee machines in the buffet (no more liquid concentrate). As a result there was no brewed coffee available at the International Cafe, only specialty coffees.

really?? BREWED in the buffet? We always enjoyed our morning brewed coffee at International Cafe so thanks for this info.

9 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Last time we had only the coffee card on our Medallion, we were limited to 15 specialty coffees for that cruise.  In January, we purchased the coffee package for $36.58 and daughter got the "old" soda package for $11.79 per day for our cruise in November - San Francisco to Sydney.  Wonder now if they will cancel our orders and refund the monies?

We're in the same boat for our May 13th Sky Princess cruise.  Fingers crossed they don't cancel and give us a refund!  

34 minutes ago, Senga said:

We're in the same boat for our May 13th Sky Princess cruise.  Fingers crossed they don't cancel and give us a refund!  

We get on the Sky on 3 June but will have princess plus.  let us know what happens with your coffee pkg. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drowelf said:

Interestingly the Coffee, Classic Soda and Zero-Proof packages do not show up online in the Cruise Personalizer for my journey on the Enchanted Princess starting on the 23rd. Only the Plus and Premier Drink packages, plus the water and 6 pack of canned soda are available. 

That’s all I see too.  They may do updates again this weekend. So, we’ll recheck on Monday.  You’ll know if the website goes up and down and hopefully, no major errors will happen. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, justafem said:

Most cruisers might try 1 class, after that the majority won't.  Those that exercise regularly are already there, those of us who are tourists hardly know where the gym is, nor do we care!  But by making it seem like it's another perk... it's marketing.

Like the fancy desserts.  We'll order 1, just to try it out and that's probably it.  As will most adults.

But the kids with the plus package?  That's what's going to sell the price difference to the kids and parents wallets.  Kids are going to get their fill of dessert, 2 of them a day.  Happy kids.  And soda and if they choose, fancy nonbooze drinks.  

I think that's what princess is aiming for. 

I sure wouldn’t let my kids have two of those in a week, never mind a day. 
It is bad enough those soft drinks and mocktails are endless…so much sugar and empty calories. 

Edited by Happiest when cruising
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1