Another lobster post

wadewood

If they start 

28 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Lobster again!  Really?

Hasn't this subject been eaten, I mean beaten, to death already? 😉

If they start serving horse, THEN I'm complaining!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Love these lobster posts! Just got of an Oceania cruise. Could have Maine lobster in numerous guises. However I was dreaming of the bacon on Celebrity and I could pay for a huge amount of lobster with price difference. I’m more passionate about bacon😏

• Like 2

The last month has finally explained why the waiters seem incredulous when I order something other than lobster, prime rib, or ribeye for dinner. This is apparently a "thing" that I don't get. I don't have a problem if it's your "thing", but I will never understand it.

I've never cared for lobster. On one cruise the waiter was so incredulous that we were ordering something else that he brought us a lobster tail to share. It was OK at best, but not something we'd seek out. Now langoustines at Le Bernardin, oh, my...

Prime rib just makes me think of rubber peas and sitting uncomfortably in my Mess Dress at some formal function. It's not a food I select.

I do actually like ribeye, but I can cook a better one than I've ever had on a cruise ship, and for whatever reason it's usually on the menu with rack of lamb or lamb chops, which I don't cook myself.

Oh, well. Different strokes...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@markeb I am with you! My wife does not cook lamb so I usually take the opportunity to have lamb when at restaurants. 

Although I enjoy lobster and fish Brits generally do not appreciate seafood. Most of our great seafood gets exported. Doubt there has ever been talk of lobsters on the P&O CC board. 

What is with this fascination with lobster on Celebrity.  i can buy bigger and better tails at Sams Club, or whole lobster down the strip.  Cooking either is easy, I cooked Murano lobster 2 weeks ago.  Oh, BTW, the are cold water lobster.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wadewood said:

Viking Ocean cruise line lobster vs Celebrity. Hey I love Celebrity on B2B right now, but this is the truth.

The Celebrity lobster looks much bigger. 🦞

Edited by davekathy
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hawkesbaynz said:

@markeb I am with you! My wife does not cook lamb so I usually take the opportunity to have lamb when at restaurants. 

My wife does not cook or eat lamb nor will she let me cooking inside the house.  She says it 'smells like meat."  DUH -- so I eat lamb almost every time it is offered when we cruise.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't understand the fascination with cruise ship lobster. Its always just ok at best. Across three lines I think of it as being similar to the quality of grocery store sushi roles. Its not horrible, but I am glad I am not paying for the lobster and its my second main dish. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

I don't understand the fascination with cruise ship lobster. Its always just ok at best. Across three lines I think of it as being similar to the quality of grocery store sushi roles. Its not horrible, but I am glad I am not paying for the lobster and its my second main dish. 

It's probably the same hype-phenomenon as people have with lobster on Singapore Airlines or THAI where you can pre-select lobster entrees in First Class.