C&A benefits from 10Mar2023: kids get complimentary internet plan matching parents'

This is news to me, and I hope this is going to be what it says. If true, then for families with kids this would be very beneficial both in financial terms and with regards to removal of a major headache of trying to find where you kids are on the ship. Full Surf&Stream account access is much, much better than the broken in-app messaging. The free onboard messaging via the app is too buggy as most of the time there's no reliable confirmation that message was send, delivered, or read.

image.png.a44d3629b9a43341fb592e80475935d1.png

6 minutes ago, PatMunits said:

This is news to me, and I hope this is going to be what it says. If true, then for families with kids this would be very beneficial both in financial terms and with regards to removal of a major headache of trying to find where you kids are on the ship. Full Surf&Stream account access is much, much better than the broken in-app messaging. The free onboard messaging via the app is too buggy as most of the time there's no reliable confirmation that message was send, delivered, or read.

This is good news.  But you still aren’t going to get a full cruise of internet for everyone so if you want communication with your kids all trip long, you’ll still need something in addition.  

We travel as a three-generation family. Two cabins. Three adults and three kids. We buy at least two Surf + Stream and it's tough to time-slot-share it across six devices. So, now we can continue to buy two and yet get three complimentary access.

This is a very good and sensible benefit for families. Internet access is a commodity. RCL will continue to make very beefy profit on internet access but at the same time will make experience more enjoyable for families with kids.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, PatMunits said:

We travel as a three-generation family. Two cabins. Three adults and three kids. We buy at least two Surf + Stream and it's tough to time-slot-share it across six devices. So, now we can continue to buy two and yet get three complimentary access.

This is a very good and sensible benefit for families. Internet access is a commodity. RCL will continue to make very beefy profit on internet access but at the same time will make experience more enjoyable for families with kids.

I'm not sure that is what it says but I could be wrong. It says member benefits that kids match your access. .. kinda sounds to me like it means if you get 2 free days so do your kids. As a loyalty perk match.  Not sure it applies to a bought plan. Be interesting to know. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm not sure that is what it says but I could be wrong. It says member benefits that kids match your access. .. kinda sounds to me like it means if you get 2 free days so do your kids. As a loyalty perk match.  Not sure it applies to a bought plan. Be interesting to know. 

Agreed, it seems like it could be poorly laid out in the grid. 

1 hour ago, PatMunits said:

Equivalent to parents access means that D get 1 free day and D+ get 2 free dsys. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Sort of weird language.  Kids already share the same C&A status as their parents.  So why not just use the same language they use for the adults.  I guess the caveat is pinnacles where kids don’t get their parents status and need the 700 points themselves to be pinnacle.  

I think the intent of that chart is to say "no matter what the personally earned status is of the child, they'll inherit the internet perks based on the status of the parents"

Problem is as written it suggests that whatever package the parent BUYS the child will share.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PatMunits said:

Thanks!  This information is still valid 4 years later!  What a great piece of information for those with kids and a few cruises under their belts.

1 hour ago, RedDivers said:

Thanks!  This information is still valid 4 years later!  What a great piece of information for those with kids and a few cruises under their belts.

8 hours ago, PatMunits said:

I would agree the wording is ambiguous. However, when looking at this chart the benefit also includes gold, platinum and emerald members who do not get any free days of internet access as a benefit. So just what exactly do these youth members get by this. The only thing in these three categories is a percent off discount. But it doesn't say discount, it says access. 

1 hour ago, Jussabitconfused said:

I would agree the wording is ambiguous. However, when looking at this chart the benefit also includes gold, platinum and emerald members who do not get any free days of internet access as a benefit. So just what exactly do these youth members get by this. The only thing in these three categories is a percent off discount. But it doesn't say discount, it says access. 

Kids match their parents internet perk at all levels of CAS including gold through emerald. 

Parents who are gold have long received 10% off on board packages... and so do their kids.

Parents who are platinum and emerald have long received 15% off on board packages... and so do their kids.

The purpose of the chart is not to include every on board benefit in exact detail for every level as it relates to youth. 

Kids match their parents Voom discount. 

Concise and exact.   

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It doesn't.  It means that if the kids are Diamond they get the free day or if D+ they get 2 free days

There shouldn’t be dots in the other columns…kids have had the same amount of free days as their D or D+ parents so no change there 

Edited by little britain

2 hours ago, little britain said:

There shouldn’t be dots in the other columns…kids have had the same amount of free days as their D or D+ parents so no change there 

For gold platinum and Emerald it means they get the corresponding discount off the  package that the adults at that level are getting. 

On our first cruise after the pandemic, we asked if there was an internet discount for a child at D level tier.  We were told that it did not apply.  Am I assuming. based on this new change, that if there are 2 adults and a child in cabin and all are Ds, each would get a free day of internet and/or $25.99 towards an on-board package.

Also, what kind of a youth drink costs $14?😁

14 minutes ago, nelblu said:

On our first cruise after the pandemic, we asked if there was an internet discount for a child at D level tier.  We were told that it did not apply.  Am I assuming. based on this new change, that if there are 2 adults and a child in cabin and all are Ds, each would get a free day of internet and/or $25.99 towards an on-board package.

Also, what kind of a youth drink costs $14?😁

Yes, Kids that are D+ now get 2 free days or $ off the package the same as the adults that are D+

Prior to this all kids regardless of level only received 15% off a package.