Oasis of the Seas Live - We’ve been Saved by the Bell 🐾🐾 March 12-19, 2023. ​​​​​​​

19 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m going to play this game tonight. I mean it involves beer, pretzels, Heidi and a catchy tune.

Sie sieht doch gut aus. 

93E3D6CA-B292-4108-A42A-4F689F0B00D8.thumb.jpeg.bdcfbacfa64d9bdfb8d01538de20d94c.jpeg

One of my favorite slot machines for all the reasons you've mentioned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Just be glad there isn't dollar signs on each chair for a chair rental with the first row chairs costing more then the rows behind the first row..  😲 They could start doing that anytime for all we know!

Honestly, (AND PLEASE DO NOT KILL ME FOR SAYING THIS!!!!) I kinda wish they'd charge $5/day to use a lounger.... it would fix the chair-hogging problem real quick-like!  

Give each lounger an ID number (or RFID tag or QR code), then you go into the app and punch in the ID number (or scan the tag/code) to "reserve" it (like you do for parking spaces in many cities) and they charge $5 to your account. 

If you want to switch to another lounger later in the day, you "release" your current chair and log in to a different chair (like a bus transfer, you don't get charged for the second chair provided you released your existing chair).  

They have pool attendants going around all day long picking up discarded drinkware, they could scan the unoccupied chairs as they go through and any chair with stuff on it that's not "officially reserved" gets the stuff removed and you have to go to the towel desk to pick it up.  (And if that "stuff" was just a towel, it gets turned in as abandoned and the person gets charged $25!)

The revenue from the chair rental more than covers the cost for the scanners, and the additional charge would prevent most people from hogging a bunch of chairs they're not going to use, or hogging two chairs per person (one for sun, one for shade).  

The cost for a lounger on a weeklong cruise would be $35/person, which isn't prohibitively expensive, especially since most people won't use a lounger every single day (port days, etc.).  And for a family of four where the kids will be in the pool 99% of the time, that might make the parents decide to only reserve two chairs for the adults, instead of having four chairs claimed but with only towels sitting on two of them because the kids are never in the chairs.

Or even just make it so that you only have to pay the $5 if you want to "reserve" the chair (meaning your butt isn't in the chair, but you want to keep the chair for your own use).  If people don't want to pay for chairs, they can go and SIT IN THEM.... chairs with butts in them don't get scanned by the attendants.  

If you want to go to the Windjammer and come back in an hour to the same chair, you pay the fee.  
If you want a certain chair in the front row by the pool and get up at 6am to claim it while you go back to bed for a few hours, you pay the fee.  
If you want to sit in the hot tub or pool for four hours straight and want to keep your stuff in a chair the whole time, you pay the fee.  

All it will take is a tiny bit of accountability and there won't be a chair hog problem anymore. 

(And yes, Royal should have "cubbies" set aside on each pool deck where you can set your stuff down while you're in the pool or hot tub.  Not everyone needs a chair, but they DO need someplace to set their phone / towel / sunscreen.)

• Like 23

41D3ABEE-3805-481C-9695-5A5E23D72F7A.thumb.jpeg.c5fb7dd89a9fcdbd9cc573bab3dcadaf.jpeg

🍻FREE DRINK 🍹 Summary 🥂

Even with a day to spare, I know my (we) our limits 

So I am going to cut myself off and calculate if the getting drinks FREE all cruise is really worth it 😂🤣😂

Doesn’t mean I won’t be drinking today 🍹

Beers are $7.35, $7.95 and $8.35 varies by brand 

For statical purposes let’s call a beer $8.00

Cocktails $14.00

No need for nickel and diming 🪙 

We (I) us had 112 alcoholic beverages over 6 days 

That’s 31 beer 🍻 and 81 cocktails 🍹 

Beer $248.00

Cocktails $1134.00

TOTAL $1382.00 for 6 days 

I’m not even going to include water and coffee 😎

Drink package call it a generous $75 per day

At 6 days $450 x 2 $900.00

So for two people, if there were 2 

It’s a lot cheaper to drink for FREE than it is to purchase the drinks package 👍🏻

We would have saved $482 if we had purchased the drinks package 📦 

It’s been a blast, and this Bella Inaugural cruise has been amazing.

Great company, truly amazing people 

(Not just avatars and screen names or armchair cruisers)

Real hardcore genuine top people who love to cruise 🥰😍😘 and drink.

Glad we got to meet you all and know you all by name.

Some of you we will see again very soon

@scubaCat3 only you managed to escape 

Grab a chair, enjoy the sun 

Happy Days!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Just be glad there isn't dollar signs on each chair for a chair rental with the first row chairs costing more then the rows behind the first row..  😲 They could start doing that anytime for all we know!

Caritas are rented, and all sea days booked full for months now. Around $180

Cheaper than a cabana😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I hope you saw those cinnamon rolls. Best I've seen on a ship. Lots of stuff on them. 

Yea I too was surprised solarium opened so late. 

Oh yes, those cinnamon rolls are delicious!

1 hour ago, derorim said:

So, yesterday my bad knee got worse, and this morning I couldn't walk on it. We had no choice but to have me wheeled down to medical.  They did what they could, which was to give me a wheelchair and a cane. I would like some crutches but they convinced me that was not a good idea. We have a 9 pm flight tomorrow and we're planning to do a hop on hop off tour to pass the time, but now that's out.  We may just end up spending the day at the airport.  Yikes.  I'm not sure what to do about that. Can I cry now?

20230318_102450.jpg

So sorry about your knee! Glad it didn’t happen at the start of the cruise. 

@Sea Dog great picture of you and Linda. Definitely frame worthy.

We lucked out and snagged two lounge chairs inside the Solarium as we were returning from lunch. Just a nice breeze here instead of gale force winds. Bonus - a small side table for my post lunch mojito. 

Im laying here trying not to think about packing 😢

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Thought there was no food allowed at Beach Pool🤔

In the water zone you are correct. We were in the last row, far from the water. I did see someone asked to move from their chair in the water to eat their ice cream on the dry pool surface. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

To be honest, I was more concerned about the presentation of the butter at the coastal kitchen this morning.  

EC67F38F-3780-42DF-BDD1-F84FB8993500.thumb.jpeg.9dabd91f5e743c695986720e3b7a3de4.jpeg

0BFEA05A-A2C6-4A15-A629-DE66EBE24EFE.thumb.jpeg.49d70efbe2447c4d9961d10eafe7c729.jpeg

That's monopoly material right there, 😲

• Haha 5

On 3/16/2023 at 11:21 PM, derorim said:

Yesterday in Cozumel we took a Mexican cooking class. We met at a market and learned how to pick out the best fruits and vegetables, then went to our host's home. He prepared most of the food, while he explained proper techniques and ingredients. We had hibiscus flower water,  pumpkin seed dip, red and green sauces, salsa, guacamole, black beans, ceviche, quesadillas, mango and cucumber salad, rice, tinga, mango, and .margaritas. 

-1364674340_20230315_105713_10555745_resized.thumb.jpg.9c96d68ccacbdfdce1595b69816994d9.jpg

-1363750819_20230315_120338_8372158_resized.thumb.jpg.5ce9c22c6ea033565ec74d7e4d33c281.jpg

Was this the cooking with Josefina course? Not through RC?

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Cat’s A Sea Dog Review

3308C8E3-4119-4C37-B71A-576E44943836.thumb.jpeg.f23d2f03495cc27b978b95f80a8564c5.jpeg

"Ladies and gentlemen, gather 'round because I have a tale to tell. A tale of a musical so wild, so wacky, so utterly ridiculous, that it will leave you in stitches. I am, of course, talking about the one, the only, "Cats"!

6760F083-3406-436B-8781-3FE955FF5493.thumb.jpeg.dc67c967eb8bf0f30ddb7c9b49a1bb82.jpeg

Where do I begin? The costumes? Oh, the costumes. Picture a bunch of grown adults, covered head to toe in fur, prancing around like they're auditioning for a role in a Disney movie. And let's not forget the makeup. Whiskers, cat ears, and glitter, oh my!

F398F978-71B2-41DF-BD62-EA3344E1A3DA.thumb.jpeg.f450c51a29d1335f0315e5eedbf20ed4.jpeg

And the music? Oh, the music. It's like Andrew Lloyd Webber took a handful of cat sounds and turned them into a symphony. I half expected the orchestra to break out into a round of "meow meow meow" at any moment.

FEDB5AC0-F73D-4748-9222-862AA3E51B15.thumb.jpeg.be8a154bcc03a3e291fc4f4794da8d5c.jpeg

And the plot? Well, there really isn't one. Just a bunch of cats singing and dancing about, trying to be chosen as the one to ascend to cat heaven. It's like a feline version of "The Hunger Games," but with less death and more sparkles.

But the real star of the show?

ACC64ED0-115A-4000-A491-41E1629DA5B0.thumb.jpeg.94cc2000e1c804b66076e0628edfad1d.jpeg

The choreography. Picture cats doing the "Single Ladies" dance, or a tap routine set to "Memory." It's like a fever dream, and I mean that in the best way possible. It’s really performance art. I’ reminded of the great Stravinsky ballet “Le  Sacre du Printemps or the “Rite of Spring.” When audiences first saw it in the early 1900’s they hated it with its weird music (synth parts here) and the wild choreography.

999EB35D-5DA7-4B8C-9C31-C262CF537605.thumb.jpeg.e1e7f5446acadfedfc2a1ba70c3b59c2.jpeg

So, if you're looking for a good laugh, a dose of nostalgia, and a healthy dose of absurdity, then "Cats" is the show for you. Just don't blame me if you find yourself singing "Memory" in the shower for the next month.

0E305148-8D73-4D8C-872F-5531B421A2BE.thumb.jpeg.4d6c140c2a42ee4eb5823ef247ec8e42.jpeg

In short, I can't recommend this musical enough, it's a roller coaster of emotions, a true spectacle that will leave you in awe and laughter and maybe scratching your head thinking, what was that about?

61155109-7B17-4A66-8A93-834DB868E832.thumb.jpeg.dfbaaf211d9773505df5687bceb99167.jpeg

9B90522B-444B-4D96-AEF7-A90A982B0037.jpeg

If only they would do the second half first. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

It’s a lot cheaper to drink for FREE than it is to purchase the drinks package 👍🏻

We would have saved $482 if we had purchased the drinks package 

I'm confused. Do you have the drink package or not? And by FREE drinks, are you referring to C&A vouchers? If so how many vouchers do you have?

Full disclosure: I'm still recovering from yesterdays St. Patrick's celebration so my mind is still fuzzy and the brain is not fully functional yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, derorim said:

So, yesterday my bad knee got worse, and this morning I couldn't walk on it. We had no choice but to have me wheeled down to medical.  They did what they could, which was to give me a wheelchair and a cane. I would like some crutches but they convinced me that was not a good idea. We have a 9 pm flight tomorrow and we're planning to do a hop on hop off tour to pass the time, but now that's out.  We may just end up spending the day at the airport.  Yikes.  I'm not sure what to do about that. Can I cry now?

20230318_102450.jpg

I would get a day room at a hotel near the airport. Relax by the pool and a room to nap in plus transport to the airport. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'm confused. Do you have the drink package or not? And by FREE drinks, are you referring to C&A vouchers? If so how many vouchers do you have?

Full disclosure: I'm still recovering from yesterdays St. Patrick's celebration so my mind is still fuzzy and the brain is not fully functional yet.

We do NOT have any drink package 

The hack

is D+ SL and Prime = Free

Algebracially speaking

D+ +(SL + P) = 3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4