Jeans…Jeans…Jeans?

8 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

Just catching up on this topic As far as the Camo formal outfit, it does meet the requirements but not in the best taste, but then look at what shows up at the Oscars... and if you go to LA NYC or any big city you will see some very loud suits and odd outfits they call "fashion."  

As far as the robes I cut smokers some slack if they want to have their first smoke in the morning or late at night...would you rather have them smoke on their balcony.  Otherwise, regent should put a smoking room on every floor.  

The camo was back when formal night was actually formal, so no, it didn't meet the dress code.  And it wasn't the LA NYC or any big city, it was on Carnival.  But yeah.. they probably thought it was "fashion," 

And NO.... NO ONE should smoke on their balcony EVER.  That's how this happens:

PICT0008.webp

39 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

The camo was back when formal night was actually formal, so no, it didn't meet the dress code.  And it wasn't the LA NYC or any big city, it was on Carnival.  But yeah.. they probably thought it was "fashion," 

And NO.... NO ONE should smoke on their balcony EVER.  That's how this happens:

PICT0008.webp

I'd rather see people wearing camo than an 80 year old Regent passenger without underwear at dinner...they removed the chair from CR after she left.

29 minutes ago, pappy1022 said:

Wow, Regent sure attracts a strange crowd 😀. I can’t believe that this thread is getting so much attention and contribution. I tried to resist commenting but oops I fell prey to the temptation. 

I could write a book about the Secrets of Regent....I might even sell 3 copies!

13 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I'd rather see people wearing camo than an 80 year old Regent passenger without underwear at dinner...they removed the chair from CR after she left.

I don't even want to ask how you found out she didn't have underwear on...

• Haha 1

On 3/20/2023 at 5:35 PM, pdaniel said:

Currently on Splendor.  I’ve not witnessed jeans at dinner.  However, while in coffee connection Sunday morning I saw a woman come to Interdenominational worship service in Meridian lounge in her bathrobe.  Bless her…

I can’t stand when people wear their bathrobes in public places.  For the love of God, put on some clothes!  Even if it’s jeans. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, purpleally said:

I can’t stand when people wear their bathrobes in public places.  For the love of God, put on some clothes!  Even if it’s jeans. 

We were on a New Year's cruise  a number of years ago on a major cruise line.  On New Year's Eve there was a big party on the Promenade Deck.  Almost everyone was actually in formal or at least very dressy.  At Midnight, in the middle of the crowd, was a lady in a bathrobe, fuzzy slippers, and hair curlers. It was truly a sight to see. 🤣

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

We were on a New Year's cruise  a number of years ago on a major cruise line.  On New Year's Eve there was a big party on the Promenade Deck.  Almost everyone was actually in formal or at least very dressy.  At Midnight, in the middle of the crowd, was a lady in a bathrobe, fuzzy slippers, and hair curlers. It was truly a sight to see. 🤣

She was probably bringing in the New Year and going straight back to bed 😂

• Like 2

I just got off the Splendor a few days ago (3/11-3/21) and cannot say I saw a problem with people not adhering to the dress codes. I'm not saying the OP didn't witness it, and perhaps I really wasn't looking, but from the restaurants to the lounges and everything in between I didn't see jeans in the evening. 

I will say this though, there are a few guys (ok all) that should pass on the Speedos, and there are some of the ladies that should also pass on the bikinis on the pool deck. As a first-timer with Regent that was the only area of the ship that was sore on the eyes for me. 🤣

13 minutes ago, lastchamp64 said:

I will say this though, there are a few guys (ok all) that should pass on the Speedos, and there are some of the ladies that should also pass on the bikinis on the pool deck. As a first-timer with Regent that was the only area of the ship that was sore on the eyes for me. 🤣

Jus be grateful the American ships don't allow/frown upon topless sunbathing - there have been some European holidays we have taken where that would definitely fry your retinas 😂😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Techno123 said:

Jus be grateful the American ships don't allow/frown upon topless sunbathing - there have been some European holidays we have taken where that would definitely fry your retinas 😂😂

Yeah, it's never what you are hoping for.  Except maybe in Miami Beach.

It's hasn't occurred to me about the topless sunbathing policy on ships.  Seeing that most cruise lines aren't really "American" per se, but just cater to American passengers, do they have actual policies on this issue?  If you can get out past the 3 mile limit to gamble, shouldn't you be allowed to sunbathe as you see fit?  Or is it frowned on to protect our American puritan values (and spare the children)?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Rothko1 said:

Yeah, it's never what you are hoping for.  Except maybe in Miami Beach.

It's hasn't occurred to me about the topless sunbathing policy on ships.  Seeing that most cruise lines aren't really "American" per se, but just cater to American passengers, do they have actual policies on this issue?  If you can get out past the 3 mile limit to gamble, shouldn't you be allowed to sunbathe as you see fit?  Or is it frowned on to protect our American puritan values (and spare the children)?

Not allowed on Regent at any time.

• Like 1

I have viewed the situation as "the small town influence".  The size of the group helps set standards and behavior.  With a smaller population you are more aware and in most cases more likely to try not to annoy the other members of the group since if you do you may find yourself alienated.

On 3/22/2023 at 1:54 AM, Pcardad said:

Yes, she should have put her jeans on.

• Haha 1

Just to play devil's advocate (😜) I'm not quite sure how not wearing underwear is an issue (quite common for super models, film stars and Scottish men in kilts 😂) unless her skirt was too short so her bare derrière was on the chair - a longer dress/skirt or trousers would keep her skin and the chair from coming into contact. If she was incontinent then normal underwear would not stop that from seeping into the upholstery.

Edited by Techno123