Jeans…Jeans…Jeans?

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Sport jacket absolutely not needed nor will he stand out without - he will be in the majority.

100% agree. A shirt with a collar (short shirt sleeves is fine) and some sort of slacks he will perfectly fine and perfectly blend in with anonymity.

I understand people wanting to dress up, my mother loved dressing up for dinner.  I normally only wear a jacket on nights such as the Captain's Welcome and the various SSS functions.  i also tend to wear button collar shirts, but normally only short sleeve.  I find questionable some of the clothing not mentioned by the guidelines.  I have seen women in outfits which would be expected on the Las Vegas stage in the dining room as formal wear.  The one problem that I have with the restriction on jeans is that it keeps me from wearing my national costume, I am from West Virginia, of blue denim overalls, a red plaid button down shirt, and boots for the semi formal nights.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Avery said:

So you have your limits too..  Just arguing which level of social malfeasance is acceptable.

If someone came in a Speedo and bow tie, I would be bemused by the choice but I wouldn’t let it ruin my night. 
In a world of entitled people, enforcing rules of any kind becomes more and more difficult. Given the unpredictable reaction to questioning clothing choices, most people opt for live and let live. Such are the times we are in.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ldisch said:

If someone came in a Speedo and bow tie, I would be bemused by the choice but I wouldn’t let it ruin my night. 

It would depend how close they were and how much sweating flesh was hanging over the table cloth 😱😜😂

On 3/15/2023 at 2:55 PM, Mr Luxury said:

Keep to the dress code and hold your head up high whilst some others can look as if they have just come out of the garden.

It is difficult for staff as they do not get back up from head office as they do not want to upset guests.

Come out of the garden! Really, I think not—have you seen some of the dress slacks in the dining room, they look pretty bad—a nice pair of jeans, if you have the right body can look pretty good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronrick1943 said:

Come out of the garden! Really, I think not—have you seen some of the dress slacks in the dining room, they look pretty bad—a nice pair of jeans, if you have the right body can look pretty good.

I know,

There are people on every ship who have no sartorial idea at all.

• Like 1

I really appreciate this thread.  My DH and I are starting to figure out what to pack for our two week Regent TA cruise, and this helps quite a bit.  He pretty much lives in khakis and polos and button downs with a sweater over the button down if it is chilly, so he should be fine.  He may pack a sport jacket just in case, but just in case is overpacking when it comes to cruises. so . . . Oh, well.  I will leave it up to him.

As for me, I usually pack a couple of pairs of slacks, two skirts, two thin turtlenecks, two tank tops,  two three-quarter sleeved merino wool sweaters, an evening cardigan (with a bit of sparkle in it), two dresses for evening.  If there is enough space in the suitcase, I may even bring an evening clutch. Add in some evening costume jewelry and there is enough in there to mix and match, dress up, and have some fun while staying within the bounds of propriety.

We are new to Regent and our first cruise will be Alaska this August. We’ve only cruised warm weather destinations before, so dinner attire for me was always easy - sundress of some sort and sandals. Any suggestions for women on an Alaska cruise - obviously my clothing for excursions won’t be suitable in the evening but I don’t want to bring a lot of extra clothing.  Khakis and a shirt are so easy for my husband!

35 minutes ago, MarEll1 said:

We are new to Regent and our first cruise will be Alaska this August. We’ve only cruised warm weather destinations before, so dinner attire for me was always easy - sundress of some sort and sandals. Any suggestions for women on an Alaska cruise - obviously my clothing for excursions won’t be suitable in the evening but I don’t want to bring a lot of extra clothing.  Khakis and a shirt are so easy for my husband!

Easy…pants/slacks and a sweater or blouse.  So easy!

3 hours ago, rcandkc said:

Easy…pants/slacks and a sweater or blouse.  So easy!

Ok - I’m more of a leggings and tunic person. Maybe that will work. Honestly wondering if we are not the right fit for regent. A whole thread about jeans is a but much. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MarEll1 said:

Ok - I’m more of a leggings and tunic person. Maybe that will work. Honestly wondering if we are not the right fit for regent. A whole thread about jeans is a but much. 

Ignore social media - the real thing is awesome.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MarEll1 said:

Dress code and tipping is like religion and politics for stimulating debate 😂😂

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, MarEll1 said:

Well, aren’t leggings just tight pants and a tunic a longer shirt. 

4 minutes ago, Bigdogwon said:

I kid you not, a few years back a man on our cruise wore overalls, he was spotted several times at all hours of the day. I dont recall seeing him in the evening, but it was shocking.

Was it a “Hee Haw” themed cruise?? Just giving you the Mickey….

Edited by Gpilon

1 minute ago, Bigdogwon said:

I kid you not, a few years back a man on our cruise wore overalls, he was spotted several times at all hours of the day. I dont recall seeing him in the evening, but it was shocking.

We were on a cruise many years ago (not Regent) and on Formal Night (yes they were still doing Formal Night back then) a family of 4 came into the Main Dining room all dressed in full camouflage (shirts and pants)!  What, I suspect, they didn't understand (but likely found out) on some of the Caribbean Islands (at least back in those days) camouflage was outlawed due to its association with rebels.