Bon Voyage Silver Moon!!!

spinnaker2

We are presently at the terminal waiting to be checked in 

It is 2 pm and the process has just begun.

at the rate it is taking per pax it may take several hours to get everyone processed.

not a good start for our first SS cruise

• Like 1

This is the single worst boarding experience we’ve had in at least a decade.  And that includes cruises where pierside testing was required.  We’ve been here for an hour and have yet to check in. Really, really poor.  

Everyone is being patient but wondering why, for what we pay, they couldn’t hire a few more folks to do intake.  

• Like 1

Stumbles 

I not be going this time. Wish it were so.

Not sure what is causing the delays in the boarding. I do know that in the USA all pax must be cleared from the ship and US customs must clear for oncoming. 

At least the weather is fabulous today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry the boarding process is so bad☹️. I sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale on The Dawn in January and it was smooth and easy......got to the port about 1:00 and I was on board by 1:30---1:45. I wonder what happened for this cruise and why there are issues😮

Only just adjusted my attitude (with the help of champagne) enough to post. 
Barbados a year ago was a marginally worse embarkation, the Spirit computers had crashed, but this one was awful. 
As mentioned, sloooow, think cold molasses flowing uphill, and we were treated like school children. 
Only boarding requirements were passport, credit card and pulse. 
Since I finally made it on board, I have felt stressed, rushed, and behind with my usual organisation all afternoon, but once the drill is over (happening right now, of course I’m listening ) I have high hopes that normal cruise mood will supervene … I’m sure …

PS the weather is indeed wonderful as Spins mentioned, but on arrival at the pier at a bit after 1pm, they hadn’t even switched the lights on so we sat in semi darkness in a cavernous and unwelcoming hall, usually used by Celeb, for ages before they could even be bothered to give us enough light to read by. 
So no way to enjoy the sunshine. 

Edited by jollyjones
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Only just adjusted my attitude (with the help of champagne) enough to post. 
Barbados a year ago was a marginally worse embarkation, the Spirit computers had crashed, but this one was awful. 
As mentioned, sloooow, think cold molasses flowing uphill, and we were treated like school children. 
Only boarding requirements were passport, credit card and pulse. 
Since I finally made it on board, I have felt stressed, rushed, and behind with my usual organisation all afternoon, but once the drill is over (happening right now, of course I’m listening ) I have high hopes that normal cruise mood will supervene … I’m sure …

PS the weather is indeed wonderful as Spins mentioned, but on arrival at the pier at a bit after 1pm, they hadn’t even switched the lights on so we sat in semi darkness in a cavernous and unwelcoming hall, usually used by Celeb, for ages before they could even be bothered to give us enough light to read by. 
So no way to enjoy the sunshine. 

At least the worst is over now. Funnily I’d expected boarding in Barbados to be painful, but once it got started it was relatively quick, with the delays all down to needing to be bussed to a check in area then again to the ship. Think they started at 1pm and we were on by 1.50pm

i did arrive independently rather then be bussed in, which may of helped. I’ve certainly not heard any complaints about boarding. My last departure on the moon back in Jan 2022 in Fort Lauderdale was painfully slow and took over 2 hours.

Have a good one.

Hi Les,

I know I said I'd leave this thread but perhaps not - always good to chat to you!

Barbados was always a bit scrappy and disorganised, but my really awful Barbados embarkation was because the Spirit computers had crashed and they were doing embarkation by hand, on clipboards, with all the Covid induced bits of paper in addition to the usual stuff ... outdoors, in a brisk wind. Tedious to endure but not really their fault. And I know about the bus, I always refuse it and walk to the ship, much quicker.

And FYI, as far as I have discovered here on the Moon, we have starlink installed but not actually working yet - I have as usual purchased the premium wifi and it's currently showing 2.39 Mbps up, 0.23 Mbps down, but it is 7am, it may deteriorate later although yesterday evening it was about the same.

What is new (to me, anyway) is that the standard wifi now is only good for one device at a time, it's $30 for two devices or $50 for three devices - you can use different devices on the free wifi but you need to keep logging out and logging in for each different one. The premium still includes three devices.

I hope you're enjoying the Dawn, I see you're heading into Bonaire about now. The Dawn and Moon have definitely supplanted the Spirit as my favourite SS ships!

Edited by jollyjones

A couple of little snippets to while away the sea days:

Spaccanapoli used to present the dilemma that the full size pizza was too big and the smaller size was too small - they seem to have Goldilocked it and now serve only one size that is in between and is just right. I ate there last night - love doing that on formal night, I usually get the whole place to myself - and it was perfect.

I overheard a conversation about Raphael (a Crystal refugee), the CD on the previous cruise with whom Chrism23 was unimpressed (see thread below), and it seemed that he was intending to be the CD on this crossing. No information on why he has been replaced by Roy, I'll have to have a little nose around - it may be nothing but ...

And talking about trivia, my team came 2nd yesterday in a massively competitive field - the whole of Dolce Vita forward of the bar was filled with players. Not surprising on a crossing but gonna be pressure to keep performing well!

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jollyjones said:

I overheard a conversation about Raphael (a Crystal refugee), the CD on the previous cruise with whom Chrism23 was unimpressed (see thread below), and it seemed that he was intending to be the CD on this crossing. No information on why he has been replaced by Roy, I'll have to have a little nose around - it may be nothing but ...

CD Raphael was transferred over to the Silver Muse for a special project involving rolling out the new upgraded evening entertainment shows - a great disappointment to many of the Crystal Refugees  currently on board, several of whom had booked because he was scheduled to be here. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TER777 said:

CD Raphael was transferred over to the Silver Muse for a special project involving rolling out the new upgraded evening entertainment shows - a great disappointment to many of the Crystal Refugees  currently on board, several of whom had booked because he was scheduled to be here. 

Maybe I am misunderstanding .but I have a good friend on The Muse right now and she told me Rico is the CD. So, are you saying they have 2 CD's on board Muse at the moment? Or Raphael is not actually doing CD work but working on board for this special project?

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Maybe I am misunderstanding .but I have a good friend on The Muse right now and she told me Rico is the CD. So, are you saying they have 2 CD's on board Muse at the moment? Or Raphael is not actually doing CD work but working on board for this special project?

Raphael is there for the special project. 

• Thanks 1