Hall light in room

rollingjay

Bring masking tape or some sort of easy to remove tape (this part is key because you have to remember to take the tape off before you disembark without wrecking it) and put it over the sensor.

The problem then becomes how to turn it on as the sensor activated hall light has no dedicated switch to operate it.

• Like 1

I ended up putting an extra pillow over bedside auto lights which went on everytime you threw a arm or leg over the side of the bed. Just make sure you cover the sensor.  Hall light I had to live with and it was very annoying. Also on the Crown, just came off the beautiful Sky and no nightlight, wonderful !!!! I think if people need a night light they have enough sense to bring their own or use the light on their phone or bring a flashlight no need for the too bright annoying night light. I'm thinking someone took a fall at sometime and hence the over reaction (sorry if someone fell) but night light is a step too far IMHO.   I guess that was more than my 2 cents worth but worth the expense !!!!!! Happy Sailing Everyone

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

Just boarded Crown and the guests before us used bandaids to cover the sensor and forgot to remove them -that’s working great  ( thanks previous travelers).

Had to laugh when I read this as I was just getting ready to respond that in the past in a pinch we've used bandaids!  Maybe you had our room 😄

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, victoriaj said:

I ended up putting an extra pillow over bedside auto lights which went on everytime you threw a arm or leg over the side of the bed. Just make sure you cover the sensor.  

I stuff a rolled up pool towel in front of the night stands to block the sensors, that does the trick! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shelly97060 said:

Just boarded Crown and the guests before us used bandaids to cover the sensor and forgot to remove them -that’s working great  ( thanks previous travelers).

Wasn't me, but that is our fix as well.  Always have Band-Aids (plasters) when we travel.  On our last cruise our steward notice the fix and he removed our Band-Aid and replaced it with about 4 layers of duct tape.  Even though we didn't put it there, we removed it when we departed. 

• Like 2

I had read on another post about the sensors a couple of months ago.  I decided to put together a small "tool pouch" with possible SMALL tools that just might come in handy while on a cruise.  (You never know...) It is extremely small and takes up almost no space at all in checked luggage.  All that to say...I included a tongue depressor with about 6 feet of painters tape wrapped around it.  Worked like a charm for our room as well as our friends' room just a couple of weeks ago on the Caribbean Princess.  My tool pouch is now included in my packing list.

• Like 3

The light in the hall doesn't bother us. The bedside lights can be annoying but, like others, I just put the "bolster" pillow in front of it at night. We did prefer having a light switch for the hall light but the automagic light doesn't really cause us any angst.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

I read posts that people just contacted their room steward & they were able to have them turned off. Has anyone contacted the steward & if so what happened?

Tom🤔

Steward noticed what we had done on our last cruise to block the nightstand sensors.  He offered to disconnect them, which we let him do.

Edited by logan25
  • Like 2

On the Royal I used one of the glass toppers from the bathroom made out of think paper, bent it a bit and squeezed it between the light and the ceiling. Worked great. I would remove it in the morning, tuck it under the life vests and reuse it at night.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is this light located in the hallway below marked 1 or 2?   I had thought it was located in the short hallway to the bathroom but I'm beginning to think it is in the hallway from the cabin door.

Can someone post a picture of the light?

image.thumb.png.09a5319c0411504922e579d3a5d15271.png 

9 minutes ago, damiross said:

Is this light located in the hallway below marked 1 or 2?   I had thought it was located in the short hallway to the bathroom but I'm beginning to think it is in the hallway from the cabin door.

The hall light with the sensor is at #1. Doesn't cause any problem for me and is actually a benefit to my husband, as are the nightstand lights with sensors. Hubby had a stroke a few years ago and is now legally blind and has a poor short-term memory. He can't find the light switches at all, but does need the light to see with what little vision he has left. Of course, I'm biased because without those sensors, he'd probably stumble around in the dark until I'd wake up and turn on the light for him.😔

28 minutes ago, damiross said:

#1, just to clarify, is the light for the "walk-in closet" that is controlled by a motion sensor.

#2, is the hallway light that is controlled by a switch by the door, next to the card slot which controls the power to the room.

1 hour ago, portiemom said:

The hall light with the sensor is at #1. Doesn't cause any problem for me and is actually a benefit to my husband, as are the nightstand lights with sensors. Hubby had a stroke a few years ago and is now legally blind and has a poor short-term memory. He can't find the light switches at all, but does need the light to see with what little vision he has left. Of course, I'm biased because without those sensors, he'd probably stumble around in the dark until I'd wake up and turn on the light for him.😔

Thanks. I don't see how that light could affect someone sleeping.

I remember on our previous cruises I had to walk slow because it was so dark.  I'm glad they have put night lights in for us old un's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SCX22 said:

#1, just to clarify, is the light for the "walk-in closet" that is controlled by a motion sensor.

#2, is the hallway light that is controlled by a switch by the door, next to the card slot which controls the power to the room.

Yes, the walk-in closet. The light is in the ceiling near the bathroom door. The sensor faces the bathroom door and the door swings right under it when opened.