Luggage Valet is Back

SingBill

8 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

Did I miss something? Reading the letter posted on this thread, the valet service for American Airlines Will cost us $30 + $40 + $150 for 3 bags.  My total comes to $220, not free or any other number.  Please correct me 🙂

And i am assuming you don’t actually have three bags per person? If you have two people and three bags, it would cost $100 (person 1 = 30; person 2= 30+40).

10 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

Did I miss something? Reading the letter posted on this thread, the valet service for American Airlines Will cost us $30 + $40 + $150 for 3 bags.  My total comes to $220, not free or any other number.  Please correct me 🙂

10 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

When you fill out the paperwork just indicate why you do not have to pay for luggage, frequent flyer, business class, etc. You will only be charged for the luggage valet fee, unless you are in a suite. They are strict about your flight time.

In case anyone missed this.

Just make sure to indicate on the form WHY you don't pay for luggage.

• Thanks 1

Live on Equinox right now and we got a flyer on our bed about Luggage Valet! I know there are a bunch of us that have been waiting to hear this (hope it hasn’t already been posted).

We asked our butler, he said this was the first cruise, and to his knowledge it would be only Fort Lauderdale for a bit, then the plan was to restart at the other ports where it had been offered before.

This one time we drove to FLL, so I won’t be able to comment on how it works.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, cangelmd said:

Live on Equinox right now and we got a flyer on our bed about Luggage Valet! I know there are a bunch of us that have been waiting to hear this (hope it hasn’t already been posted).

We asked our butler, he said this was the first cruise, and to his knowledge it would be only Fort Lauderdale for a bit, then the plan was to restart at the other ports where it had been offered before.

This one time we drove to FLL, so I won’t be able to comment on how it works.

Thanks for reporting. CC member, SingBill, is also on the same cruise with you and posted the good news yesterday.

7 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

I think being first was the April Fools.

We are in a suite, I will check the letter.. I don’t think it was ever free for suites, though, was it?

It would be good to know if you get this service for free through your suite status.

14 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

We are in a suite, I will check the letter.. I don’t think it was ever free for suites, though, was it?

IIRC, Luggage Valet was free of any shipboard fees to suite guest and whether you paid a baggage fee or not depended on your airline status.  We never paid a baggage fee because of my status with United.   There were restrictions based on your flight time though.  People with flights before,  1130 could not use it and that seems to still be the case. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I do not think so --- 

Correct!

50 minutes ago, CharlieCharlieCharlie said:

it was free in the past  when we were in a suite and flying first class. 

50 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

It would be good to know if you get this service for free through your suite status.

42 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Luggage Valet was free of any shipboard fees to suite guest and whether you paid a baggage fee or not depended on your airline status.  

In the past, it was free for suites and Zenith members. 

54 minutes ago, CharlieCharlieCharlie said:

it was free in the past  when we were in a suite and flying first class. 

Yes and also airline baggage fees are free for those with airline status and/or have certain airline credit cards

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Does this service just drop your bags at your airline or do they forward them to your home?   I enjoyed the White Star Service on Cunard but you paid for the service.

Drops your bags at your airline

18 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Does this service just drop your bags at your airline or do they forward them to your home?   I enjoyed the White Star Service on Cunard but you paid for the service.

In the past, they would get the airline's luggage tags and deliver to your room.  You would attach them to your luggage.  After your bags were picked up outside your room, you would not see them again until you got to your debarking airport's luggage claim.  🙂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

That’s what American Airlines charges—- that is not what the Valet service charges.  And the American Airlines charges may or not be imposed depending on what the class of service you book, do you have American Airlines frequent flyer status, etc.

We travel business/first class so maybe no cost?

2 hours ago, Texed said:

In the past, they would get the airline's luggage tags and deliver to your room.  You would attach them to your luggage.  After your bags were picked up outside your room, you would not see them again until you got to your debarking airport's luggage claim.  🙂

2 hours ago, Texed said:

Our experience mirrors that of Texed.  It was fabulous!!  (We only experienced this service out of FLL)

5 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Thanks for being the FIRST one to share this information...April Fools!  

4 hours ago, cangelmd said:

10 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

We travel business/first class so maybe no cost?

You get two 70 lb. bags per person free in First Class. Just remember to put that you are flying first class on the Luggage Valet form! As long as you do that there won't be a luggage fee.

And, yes, they are very strict about the time. We once had an 11:25 flight out of Fort  Lauderdale and they wouldn't let us use the Luggage Valet service!

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Luggage is not just "dropped" at the airport. You will not see it again until you arrive at your final destination. Love this service. So nice if you have a later flight so you can explore the city or go to the beach, etc. before your flight. 

• Like 4

Speaking of waived fees for status, travel class, etc. – I wonder if the airlines will proactive about attaching "priority" tags to eligible bags. I assume that the proper airline tags with barcodes will be printed at the airport so will Celebrity have a way of communicating which bags should be given priority handling? It may not matter to some but it would suck if you paid X's fee only to miss out on getting your bags quickly at your final destination when you otherwise would have.

14 minutes ago, miguelmia said:

Speaking of waived fees for status, travel class, etc. – I wonder if the airlines will proactive about attaching "priority" tags to eligible bags. I assume that the proper airline tags with barcodes will be printed at the airport so will Celebrity have a way of communicating which bags should be given priority handling? It may not matter to some but it would suck if you paid X's fee only to miss out on getting your bags quickly at your final destination when you otherwise would have.

In the past there were no priority tags on my bags.  

As all bags are at the pickup carousel within about 5 minutes from first to last - that is the least of my worries.

If that bothers you then take the to the airport and check them normally.