Luggage Valet is Back

SingBill

50 minutes ago, miguelmia said:

Speaking of waived fees for status, travel class, etc. – I wonder if the airlines will proactive about attaching "priority" tags to eligible bags. I assume that the proper airline tags with barcodes will be printed at the airport so will Celebrity have a way of communicating which bags should be given priority handling? It may not matter to some but it would suck if you paid X's fee only to miss out on getting your bags quickly at your final destination when you otherwise would have.

When I was still working I did about 25% travel.  I use to track the time from walking off the airplane until I had my bags in hand.  I also use to watch as bags arrived if the Priority bags came out first or not.  My conclusion, the Priority tags are colorful and distinctive but tend to have very little bearing at major airports on how soon your bags get to the baggage claim carousel.  This was with regard to United Airlines.  

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, miguelmia said:

Speaking of waived fees for status, travel class, etc. – I wonder if the airlines will proactive about attaching "priority" tags to eligible bags. I assume that the proper airline tags with barcodes will be printed at the airport so will Celebrity have a way of communicating which bags should be given priority handling? It may not matter to some but it would suck if you paid X's fee only to miss out on getting your bags quickly at your final destination when you otherwise would have.

26 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

In the past there were no priority tags on my bags.  

As all bags are at the pickup carousel within about 5 minutes from first to last - that is the least of my worries.

If that bothers you then take the to the airport and check them normally.

Pre-pandemic a CCer stated United gives priority tags for those with status

American's FAQ states you DO receive them with participating cruise lines without giving any further info

Many state they are not charged for overweight bags

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2023 at 10:34 AM, SingBill said:

At least for our 3/27/2023 sailing on Celebrity Equinox

3FA035FB-CC00-464A-9BA1-3D652BC66BE6.jpeg

Sadly... I have to report the April 9, 2023 Beyond sailing did not offer Luggage Valet.

Edited by Sam.Seattle

14 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Sadly... I have to report the April 9, 2023 Beyond sailing did not offer Luggage Valet.

2 hours ago, jjfarns said:

Nor did the April 15th sailing on Apex. 

Were they using Port Everglades?

So it's back, but it's not back, and it's free for suites and Zenith or maybe it isn't.  Does anyone know what the actual status is of its return (why some ships seem to have it and not others and why and when they all would have it) and who actually benefits by it?

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

So it's back, but it's not back, and it's free for suites and Zenith or maybe it isn't.  Does anyone know what the actual status is of its return (why some ships seem to have it and not others and why and when they all would have it) and who actually benefits by it?

We know exactly what the OP posted, which was the Luggage Valet information he received on Equinox. We also know what the others have reported about other ships. Like @Sam.SeattleI was on Beyond’s 9 April sailing. I asked a Retreat Concierge about Luggage Valet, and she made a phone call before confirming that it was not yet available on Beyond. She did not know when LV would be available on the rest of the ships, but she suggested that X may have delayed rolling it out for ships about to be deployed to other regions. We can hope that it will be rolled out this fall as ships return to the Caribbean, but we cannot be certain if, or how fast, it will happen.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/31/2023 at 12:34 PM, SingBill said:

At least for our 3/27/2023 sailing on Celebrity Equinox

3FA035FB-CC00-464A-9BA1-3D652BC66BE6.jpeg

While this pic (much appreciated) shows a 6pm cut off time for SWA, I contacted Bags, Inc. and was told that has been changed.  My 7pm flight out of FLL in Jan 2024 is eligible for Luggage Valet. 

Also, read a tip worth repeating: take a print copy of your airline reservation for signing up on board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2024 at 7:56 AM, Cjonthesea said:

While this pic (much appreciated) shows a 6pm cut off time for SWA, I contacted Bags, Inc. and was told that has been changed.  My 7pm flight out of FLL in Jan 2024 is eligible for Luggage Valet. 

Also, read a tip worth repeating: take a print copy of your airline reservation for signing up on board.

Follow up: Luggage Valet was NOT available on this cruise (Silhouette 1/25/24 FLL-Key West-Nassau). Customer Service explained that was because it was only a Four Night Cruise.

• Like 1

Just got off the Ascent, Luggage Valet was available and worked quite well.

Charge was $29/person, no charge for baggage as we flew 1st class on Delta.

Well worth it if you travel with multiple bags

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, cruise47 said:

Does this cost includes the ride from the Ascent cruise ship to the airport terminal?

No, it's for luggage, not humans.

Luggage Valet covers getting your luggage from outside of your cabin to the airport (so the next time you see it will be at your home airport.)

It means that when you leave the ship you won't have to claim your luggage in the cruise terminal, drag it through customs, load it into and out of a cab or wait in line to check it in at the airport.

It's the best $29 you will ever spend.

NOTE: It's $29/pp and covers 2 or 3 bags per person (I can't remember which)

If your airline charges for bags that will be an additional charge.

Edited by chamima
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/31/2023 at 7:59 PM, sbcs5390 said:

This would have been amazing. We left Equinox on the 27th and had a lot of stuff. To confirm: it's $29 per person (on the reservation?) regardless of the number of bags checked? And, it's waived for all Retreat guests, including Sky Suites?

I recently used the service from a Sky Suite on Ascent, and the $29 fee was NOT waived.

On 1/5/2024 at 6:56 AM, Cjonthesea said:

Did they tell you what the cutoff is? My flight doesn't leave on SWA until 9:45pm and that is a longggg day to be stuck with our luggage since I have no plans to sit in the airport all day. If my flight isn't eligible then I guess I will be searching for a day pass at a hotel somewhere to hang because nope. Not sitting at the airport from 11am to 8pm.