Luggage Valet is Back

SingBill

On 2/5/2024 at 7:41 PM, sasset said:

Is it still not available on transatlantic arrivals?

That's a great question, but my guess is no due to Customs requirements. 

Or...(based on reading a RCL .pdf from some time ago)...you would claim your luggage shoreside in the usual way, do the declaration, then leave it nearby with the vendor who takes it to the airline for you.

Anyone able to confirm?

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 2:13 PM, CruisingTheWaves said:

Did they tell you what the cutoff is? My flight doesn't leave on SWA until 9:45pm and that is a longggg day to be stuck with our luggage since I have no plans to sit in the airport all day. If my flight isn't eligible then I guess I will be searching for a day pass at a hotel somewhere to hang because nope. Not sitting at the airport from 11am to 8pm.

The cut off time for SWA was 6 pm.   Check for updated information when you cruise.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Marie51 said:

Has anyone ever had a bad experience using this service?

Luggage valet in Phoenix handles a few thousand bags a month. A rated with BBB.  And to answer your question a couple complaints.  

They are an excellent company.

13 hours ago, Warrenf186 said:

Only used it once on Reflection.  Coming in to Fort Lauderdale from Barcelona in November on Silhoute.  Definitely hoping the luggage valet is available then.

I don't think it's usually available on transatlantics.

We have a transatlantic in the fall also so I hope I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that that's the case.

On 2/5/2024 at 2:50 PM, Cjonthesea said:

This was via Fort Lauderdale, right? 

And longer than four nights?

Thanks

We were on the 4-night Silhouette & the following 10-night Silhouette. Luggage Valet wasn’t offered for the 4-night but was offered on the 10-night. We took advantage of the service, $29pp, 2 bags pp allowed, no airline fees as we flew first class. I’m so glad this service has been reinstated, I had a nasty fall & lugging luggage would’ve been near to impossible. 

15 hours ago, Warrenf186 said:

Only used it once on Reflection.  Coming in to Fort Lauderdale from Barcelona in November on Silhoute.  Definitely hoping the luggage valet is available then.

Not normally offered on transatlantic voyages due to extra customs clearing

On 3/31/2023 at 4:34 PM, weregoingcruising said:

Was it ever available from Tampa sailings?

Only Ft Lauderdale & Miami participate. Seattle has a different service

• 5 weeks later...

I enjoyed the service a lot in the past , however not on a February arrival. 
My bags had priority tags for a TPA arrival. It meant nothing to the baggage handlers. My bags were the last out on the conveyer belt. It was very frustrating, especially since the flight had been delayed for 12 hours because there was no pilot. At least they arrived!  

We used Luggage Valet last month disembarking at FLL on Apex. We were in an Aqua Sky Suite.  We flew first class on AA, had one checked bag. It cost $29-that is the fee for Luggage Valet and is not waived for first class. We recieved our boarding passes and a luggage tag about noon the day before, delivered by our butler. The tag had only our connection destination not our final destination. I checked with the retreat concierge who told me not to worry, it was all embedded in the bar code. When we arrived in California the bag was among the first 20 on the belt with priority tags attached. I had tracked it with an Apple air tag which was not always right, but came around at some point. It traveled on our flights all the way.