Luggage Valet is Back

SingBill

I used the luggage valet in Seattle on X and for whatever reason my bag never left the ship the day I did.  I got it back on turn around day coincidently the same day I learned about and reached out to the X Exec Team.  I'll share some details. 

1)  Use a tracking device like AirTags/Tile

2)  If you want travel insurance to cover luggage valet, you need to tell the insurance company it is a 3rd party as they could wrongly assume luggage valet is part of X or the airline. 

The luggage valet company is a 3rd party contractor/vendor called Bags inc; therefore most travel insurances do not cover luggage lost by them.  Furthermore, X wasn't particularly helpful when I tried to file an insurance claim because in my case they were silent just that basically "don't call us, we'll call you if it shows up" which was why I reached out to the exec team

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

This would have been amazing. We left Equinox on the 27th and had a lot of stuff. To confirm: it's $29 per person (on the reservation?) regardless of the number of bags checked? And, it's waived for all Retreat guests, including Sky Suites?

44 minutes ago, CaribbeanBound said:

Curious how they handle the fees for "elite" frequent flyers who already get 1 or 2 bags free.  I would hope there is a way to keep from being charged by Celebrity?  It's not mentioned.

In the past I just wrote in on the form and when they did the luggage tag the airline responded no fee.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, CaribbeanBound said:

Curious how they handle the fees for "elite" frequent flyers who already get 1 or 2 bags free.  I would hope there is a way to keep from being charged by Celebrity?  It's not mentioned.

When you fill out the paperwork just indicate why you do not have to pay for luggage, frequent flyer, business class, etc. You will only be charged for the luggage valet fee, unless you are in a suite. They are strict about your flight time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, sbcs5390 said:

This would have been amazing. We left Equinox on the 27th and had a lot of stuff. To confirm: it's $29 per person (on the reservation?) regardless of the number of bags checked? And, it's waived for all Retreat guests, including Sky Suites?

Did I miss something? Reading the letter posted on this thread, the valet service for American Airlines Will cost us $30 + $40 + $150 for 3 bags.  My total comes to $220, not free or any other number.  Please correct me 🙂

1 hour ago, CaribbeanBound said:

It is mentioned when you actually fill out the form.

35 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

Did I miss something? Reading the letter posted on this thread, the valet service for American Airlines Will cost us $30 + $40 + $150 for 3 bags.  My total comes to $220, not free or any other number.  Please correct me 🙂

That’s what American Airlines charges—- that is not what the Valet service charges.  And the American Airlines charges may or not be imposed depending on what the class of service you book, do you have American Airlines frequent flyer status, etc.

Edited by Alakegirl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SusieAV8R said:

Only if that is what you would be paying American even when not using the valet service.