Bus Service From SJ, Pr, Airport To Cruise Terminal

I'm flying into SJ Sunday and have been advised by RCL that there will be traffic congestion on Sunday around the port area.  My question, is there RCL bus service from the airport to the cruise terminal?

Cabs are fixed price in San Juan, by zone, not metered. That would probably be easier. There was some sort of parade or protest, last time we were there and took a cab from the hotel to the pier. The driver cursed up a blue streak, but the price was the same. ☺️

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Always congestion there.  Cab drivers are very good at getting around most of it (although narrow road into port is a pain).  Runs around $23 plus a few bucks for luggage.  The dispatcher at the airport will call up a cab sized for your group.

Also remember when flying home you will need to scan your luggage at the agricultural scanners.  No food or stuff like straw hats.  And your airline will take your luggage a MAXIMUM of 4 hours before your flight (3 for Southwest).  Limited places to sit/eat before checking in.

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The taxi area at the San Juan airport is the most organized of any airports we've flown into. One line, no butting in line. 👍👍

Dave, usually that is the case for us as well.  This last time, walking up to the taxi stand, lady gave us a slip with the price, and told us to wait just a bit while she signaled a taxi to front of the line.  

Suddenly here comes porters with gobs of luggage on carts and tour people, shoving their way past us as she scurried to get them all on various vans.  One group complained loudly that they were going to charge per person.  After 20 minutes of that, I finally walked up to her and said "remember us"?  Oh..yeah, then she finally calls a single car taxi.  Sheez...

Otherwise yeah...simple taxi to ship (or in our case..hotel) best way.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Dave, usually that is the case for us as well.  This last time, walking up to the taxi stand, lady gave us a slip with the price, and told us to wait just a bit while she signaled a taxi to front of the line.  

Suddenly here comes porters with gobs of luggage on carts and tour people, shoving their way past us as she scurried to get them all on various vans.  One group complained loudly that they were going to charge per person.  After 20 minutes of that, I finally walked up to her and said "remember us"?  Oh..yeah, then she finally calls a single car taxi.  Sheez...

Otherwise yeah...simple taxi to ship (or in our case..hotel) best way.  

Bummer. Glad you spoke up (not surprised 😉). I would have done the same. Hopefully that was a one off experience by a rookie taxi coordinator. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Bummer. Glad you spoke up (not surprised 😉). I would have done the same. Hopefully that was a one off experience by a rookie taxi coordinator. 

Yeah, I think she suddenly had $$ in her eyes when she saw the groups.  The little fish were put aside for those big fish...then she found the small ones can bite...but politely of course.  😉 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, I think she suddenly had $$ in her eyes when she saw the groups.  The little fish were put aside for those big fish...then she found the small ones can bite...but politely of course.  😉 

BTW. I just came in from shoveling snow. 🤬 I put my snow blower away for the season just before our 18 March Apex cruise. To lazy to get out out of the shed and gas it up. Still snowing and more expected thru out the night and into tomorrow. Last year this time I was mowing the lawn wearing shorts and no shirt. We are scheduled to have a new rain gutter system installed on our house Thursday and Friday but looks like that won't happen this week. Record breaking snow fall statewide. We need it to make up for the last 7 years but...

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, davekathy said:

BTW. I just came in from shoveling snow. 🤬 I put my snow blower away for the season just before our 18 March Apex cruise. To lazy to get out out of the shed and gas it up. Still snowing and more expected thru out the night and into tomorrow. Last year this time I was mowing the lawn wearing shorts and no shirt. We are scheduled to have a new rain gutter system installed on our house Thursday and Friday but looks like that won't happen this week. Record breaking snow fall statewide. We need it to make up for the last 7 years but...

Yikes...weird weather everywhere.  Sad about the tornadoes midwest too. 

We are total opposite of you.  Have not have any rain in weeks...we are dry and HOT!! 🤒 

Sending you warm wishes for snow melt.  😉 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Yikes...weird weather everywhere.  Sad about the tornadoes midwest too. 

We are total opposite of you.  Have not have any rain in weeks...we are dry and HOT!! 🤒 

Sending you warm wishes for snow melt.  😉 

When we returned from our Western Caribbean cruise went from the frying pan into the freezer! 

• Haha 1

On 4/1/2023 at 12:15 AM, JamesEM said:

I'm flying into SJ Sunday and have been advised by RCL that there will be traffic congestion on Sunday around the port area.  My question, is there RCL bus service from the airport to the cruise terminal?

Not sure what the traffic congestion has to do with your question, but take a taxi, no wait, and not that much money