When Customer Service Can’t Help?

BamaVol

Many folks have difficulty with the Medallion App.  Some have issues even with the Princess website.  I struggled but ultimately was successful in getting to the green lane.  A friend has asked me for help.  Somehow his birthdate was entered incorrectly into his Princess account and he is unable to find the location and fix it.  If I understand him, it is in two places, and one is incorrect.  He has spent hours on the phone with Princess customer service.  They see the problem.  They tell him they can correct it.  It remains incorrect.  His cruise is in July and he has not made his final payment.  But he tells me he can’t get anywhere in the app.

I found an IT email address here - Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com - he has gotten no response after 48 hours.  He doesn’t want to speak with customer service again.  I don’t blame him.

Any suggestions?

I find it online under

My Account

Account/Contact Info

Edit Profile Information

I also find it in the app under

My Account

Personal Information

Personal Information (again)

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I find it online under

My Account

Account/Contact Info

Edit Profile Information

My Account

Personal Information

Thanks. I’ll probably have to sit down with him. 

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

I find it online under

My Account

Account/Contact Info

Edit Profile Information

My Account

Personal Information

Princess.com is down for weekend maintenance, but I don't think we can change key info like name and BD without contacting Princess.  

2 hours ago, BamaVol said:

Thanks. I’ll probably have to sit down with him. 

Try the Captain's Circle department as they have the key data like Name, BD, Address associated with member id.  I don't think we can change Name and BD via self-service.

• Like 2

we have had problems twice since a glitch last fall changed the month of my sister's birthday...both times I talked to the madallion app help person (I don't know exactly what it is called on the phone menu) & they were able to reset it to what it should be so that I could do her registration & get her in green lane

The green line doesn't matter to those of us not willing to PAY for the medallion to be mailed. I never downloaded the APP anyway and going in line at the port to get it took seconds. If you are not going to BUY their mailing service you need to get in line anyway.

• Like 1

Not sure if it is different in the US, but boarding Sky in Southampton yesterday, no one could care less about your boarding time, or the colour of your boarding pass or your QR code. The check in agent said the QR code was scanned if someone showed it to them , but they only did it our of politeness,  and it made the process more lengthy !

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

and it made the process more lengthy !

I've always felt that would be the case.  The whole QR code thing is simply not needed.  This was an idea from the developers that they felt would "enhance" the feature set of their "amazing app" they were trying to sell to Princess.  (Strictly my personal opinion here!)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

The green line doesn't matter to those of us not willing to PAY for the medallion to be mailed. I never downloaded the APP anyway and going in line at the port to get it took seconds. If you are not going to BUY their mailing service you need to get in line anyway.

We also don't have the medallion mailed and agree picking it up adds no significant time.  

We have been lucky I guess to not have encountered lines of any consequence when checking into our last two Princess Cruses (Southampton & Barcelona). We have another next month and hope for the same experience.

I did think having the green lane cut down the amount of time needed to confirm stuff at the check-in podium. It sure seemed to in our case.  We handed over passports.  They asked a question, handed us the medallions then said enjoy your cruise.  Pretty streamlined.  😀

22 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

For those talking about the medallion being mailed. I thought if you lived in the USA they are mailed for free unless you want an accessory??

When the pricing for Princess Plus and Premier changed in February one of the perks they added was free Medallion shipping.  At that point anyone without one of these packages would either have to pay $10 for shipping or pick it up at the port.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

For those talking about the medallion being mailed. I thought if you lived in the USA they are mailed for free unless you want an accessory??

4 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

When the pricing for Princess Plus and Premier changed in February one of the perks they added was free Medallion shipping.  At that point anyone without one of these packages would either have to pay $10 for shipping or pick it up at the port.

Even with an option to have it mailed at no cost, I cannot identify a reason I would want it prior to embarkation.  Experience on two previous cruises is that it doesn't really cause any delay to pick it up at check-in.   I think the bigger risk might be it getting lost by USPS. 😀 

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

Even with an option to have it mailed at no cost, I cannot identify a reason I would want it prior to embarkation.  Experience on two previous cruises is that it doesn't really cause any delay to pick it up at check-in.   I think the bigger risk might be it getting lost by USPS. 😀 

If the postal service loses it you can still pick one up at the port so it's really not a big deal either way. I'm having ours shipped because it's free. If I had to pay $10 for the "privilege" there's no way I would have them shipped.

• Like 2