Jim_Iain Apex Key West, TansAtlantic and British Isle with a Week in Amsterdam

Jim_Iain

We really had no plans and just wandered down Duval.   We use to spend a week in Key West every Thanksgiving.   That was before we found Cruising.  Fun to be back. 

IMG_2008.thumb.jpeg.a24af8bf686421ee021d453628786eee.jpeg

IMG_2007.jpeg

IMG_2011.jpeg

IMG_2012.jpeg

IMG_2013.jpeg

IMG_2014.jpeg

IMG_2015.jpeg

IMG_2016.jpeg

IMG_2017.jpeg

IMG_2019.jpeg

IMG_2020.jpeg

IMG_2022.jpeg

IMG_2024.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 21

Duval was so crowded we took a right and up the next street over back to the ship. 

We came upon the Key West White House -   Since @garyl62 recommended it so highly we decided to take the tour.   Luckily there was one beginning in 15 minutes so off we went.

I have to agree with Gary -   Beautiful property and our was both entertaining but so rich in his historical perspective and stories.

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We really had no plans and just wandered down Duval.   We use to spend a week in Key West every Thanksgiving.   That was before we found Cruising.  Fun to be back. 

IMG_2008.thumb.jpeg.a24af8bf686421ee021d453628786eee.jpeg

IMG_2007.jpeg

IMG_2011.jpeg

IMG_2012.jpeg

IMG_2013.jpeg

IMG_2014.jpeg

IMG_2015.jpeg

IMG_2016.jpeg

IMG_2017.jpeg

IMG_2019.jpeg

IMG_2020.jpeg

IMG_2022.jpeg

IMG_2024.jpeg

photos are all great..we love the  beauitiful houses and the less commercial areas...looks like you had a top 10 day!

One thing I alway do is take a snapshot of the schedule in day 1 Daily.   Lots of useful information. 

Bold mean Chic night

Left arrow turn clock back

Right Arrow turn clock forward one hour. 

For Belize we will stay on ships time. 

Little cross.   Tender port

IMG_0048.thumb.jpeg.f044f06c75bc79562fccc4ddb4bcd5c4.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

There’s been a bit of discussion about laundry.   I left laundry bag out last night before dinner as I needed some pressing.  

Laundry just came back before sail away at 5:00 pm

Maybe they accepted laundry 1st day because we are in a suite.   I just needed before our first Chic night tomorrow. 

IMG_2055.thumb.jpeg.32fce23364924caffb7ce2c747402597.jpeg

Socked and underwear come back in a fabric parcel

IMG_2056.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I did get a piece of Key Lime at Kermit's   -   Can't say it would be my top pick.     Not really first bite tart but the tartness grows on you pallet. 

There was a couple that did a YouTube video on the "top five" key lime places in Key West.  As I recall Kermit's did not do well in that one either with Pepe's coming out on top.  I do not remember their criteria but think color and tartness was given an edge. 

I hear you about red meat.  We only have it once or twice a week here at home and so I tend to eat more of it on a cruise, especially lamb which my DW does not like the smell of and does not eat.

As for the lobster salad - I usually get that on top of lettuce as a salad and pair with the Branzino on embarkation day.

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

There was a couple that did a YouTube video on the "top five" key lime places in Key West.  As I recall Kermit's did not do well in that one either with Pepe's coming out on top.

Yea I had a screen shot.   I didn’t bring with me.  I would have to agree -  I think they were 6 out of  10.  

oh well.    I wasn’t about to try all 10. 

• Like 1

Good evening Jim!

Wondering if you can shed some light on the menus in Luminae versus what is on the app?

@DJ's DH and I will be sailing on Equinox next month. When I look at the first night's dinner menu it is different than what I am seeing on the app. I thought the Luminae menus were the same fleet wide but I could be wrong😄

TIA🥂

44 minutes ago, jrmende63 said:

I loved Iain's shirt he had on in Key West. Is his name pronounced the same as IAN?

Yes.   Iain is the Scotch version of Ian.    

I can tell you, I always know when a telephone solicitor calls.   Three vowels in a row leave them tongue tied. 

Now, I'll have to go back and look to see what he had on.   LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Another Kelly Ann design flaw - Which I discovered today.    Received a phone call and went looking for the phone.    No phone in the Living Room -  The only phones are in the bedroom next to the bed that makes sense and the only other one is in the Water Closet --- 

If you are up early and the butler calls with breakfast you have to get up and go all the way around find the phone in the bathroom.    Makes perfect sense.

Kelly Ann reminds me of an Architect i had that designed our Kitchen -   She said I could design a beautiful kitchen if I didn't have to include the Refrigerator, Stove and Dishwasher.

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

Just found your live b2b!  So glad you weathered the horrible weather in Ft Lauderdale, guess you & Iain definitely packed your patience!!  We’ll get to Key West in Feb on Silhouette so enjoying your KW pictures. Enjoy the rest of your cruise(s)!!  Loved the Hoppen quip

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

BTW.  The guide said we aren’t supposed to allow photos inside but the Secret Service wasn’t there so shoot away.   Not sure if he was kidding or not.  I obviously took a few. 

When I saw your photos I was surprised, our guide told us we could not take photos and didn't add anything about the Secret Service 😉 She did offer to take one of the two of us as we left, and I did manage to lag behind our group in a few places and snap a few quick ones as we left a room or two.  Glad you enjoyed it also, we enjoy history and this is a place with stories you don't hear about often.

I love the photo of Iain at the bar!!

Edited by garyl62

Oh my gosh Jim, as usual your pictures are all fabulous!!!  (for some reason I always love the pics of doors that you post).  Like everyone else here, am thoroughly enjoying following along.  😊  Continue to enjoy your cruise and looking forward to continuing to cruise vicariously through you and Iain until it's my turn to head to FLL and sail lol