Jim_Iain Apex Key West, TansAtlantic and British Isle with a Week in Amsterdam

Jim_Iain

@Jim_Iain Can you check something out? Just to confirm Celebrity didn't add some new mobile app functionality for nightly MDR reservations on the app? On another thread there's a TA telling a client that that's how one needs to make a MDR reservations on the Edge. Thanks! 

Edited by kwokpot

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Had to share a beautiful Indonesian leather and silver bracelet. I gifted it to myself last night.  Love the sapphire eyes. 

IMG_3594.thumb.jpeg.1a58e9376610460b9443143fa9e21a6d.jpeg

love it..wear in good health

sapphires are a great stone!

loved all the photos..esp the doors!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

Amazing pictures of Weymouth, I used to go as a kid with my parents.

I totally forgot about some of the names of food in the UK, yes I've eaten faggots I'm like Iain when it comes to eating food with offal in it - but then my dad's side is Irish and mum's side is Scottish 🙂

9 hours ago, kwokpot said:

@Jim_Iain Can you check something out? Just to confirm Celebrity didn't add some new mobile app functionality for nightly MDR reservations on the app? On another thread there's a TA telling a client that that's how one needs to make a MDR reservations on the Edge. Thanks! 

As far as I know you have always been able to make MDR reservations in App.   As a matter of fact I think I booked MDR while in a suite pre-covid.

Just checked the App and there is indeed the ability to book MDR in all 4

Just looked and Cyprus, Normandie  and Tuscan  - all  unavailable and says sold out.   Not sure what that means.    There is no mention of the requirement to use the app.   See what I can find out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

Amazing pictures of Weymouth, I used to go as a kid with my parents.

I totally forgot about some of the names of food in the UK, yes I've eaten faggots I'm like Iain when it comes to eating food with offal in it - but then my dad's side is Irish and mum's side is Scottish 🙂

I have had Haggis but draw the line at Sweet Breads...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks...  Always love you Aloha greeting.   I once lived in Honolulu at Banyon Tree at the corner of Punahou St and Beretania St.  -  at times I miss the trade winds... Didn't even use air conditioning on the 21st floor.

Aloha. Know the area well. Beretania is a very popular street. Having amai tai in your honor and Iain!

On 5/2/2023 at 1:31 PM, Jim_Iain said:

IMG_3209.thumb.jpeg.aac9b25188435a943fa846ffad915329.jpeg

Did you have your communion at age 7?  If so did you know that a little Irish girl is the reason you did, and that same Irish child may well be Ireland’s next saint?

https://www.spikeislandcork.ie/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Little_Nellie_2-e1652204239855.jpg

Little Nellie – Ellen Organ was born in Waterford in 1903 but moved to Spike Island with her soldier father and family when he was stationed on Spike Island.  She displayed a precocious spiritual awareness as soon as she could speak, constantly displaying her religious knowledge and spiritual passion.  She adored the walk along Spike Islands shoreline to the village church which she made often with her mother on the way to mass.

When her mother tragically died of TB, Ellen was taken into the care of the Sisters of the Good Shepard convent in Sunday’s Well*, Cork.  Here the sisters spotted her religious understanding which was well beyond her years and were devastated to learn that this pious child had contracted TB, the same disease which claimed her mothers life.  Despite her affliction her devotion grew and Ellen would begin to describe visions and conversations with God and Jesus.  She displayed knowledge of the Trinity beyond her years and she could tell without fail whether or not a person had been to mass and received Holy Communion.  In spite of her illness she was always said to be in good spirits and her positivity both inspired and upset the sisters.

She began to express her adamant wish that she receive her first Holy Communion.  At the time children received their Holy Communion at the age of 12 and younger that this age was unheard of, let alone at the age of 4.  The sisters were well aware of this but so moved they contacted the local Bishop, who despite there being no precedent was utterly convinced that Ellen was ready to receive Holy Communion.  At age 5 her wish came through and she remains the youngest ever recorded recipient of Holy Communion.

https://www.spikeislandcork.ie/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/little_nellie_room_side.jpg

Great history.  Did not know why it occurred at such a young age.  Thanks for sharing Jim.

4 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Great photos from Spike Island and Weymouth! I saw you and Iain in line for the boat to Spike Island, but I was too shy to come up and say hello ☺️

That's nice of you .... just come up and rap Iain on the back of the head.... LOL. 

Seriously I we won't bite.... maybe nibble a little.

Southampton --- Can't believe this cruise ends in three days.    I rushed around and sent out the laundry this morning.   It is so nice having Free Laundry -  the only Zenith Perk we use ALOT.

We booked tickets for Windsor Castle months ago and glad we did.   It's a complete sell out with the coronation this weekend.

Last night I booked and purchased train tickets...  I hope our British followers are not offended but their app is the most screwed up, inept non-functional App I've ever seen.

First went  to National Rail and it told me to download the App...No problem took but minutes.

Finally was able to see the schedules and choose to book... so far so good.    Then it asks you if you want an Isle Seat or Window, Quiet Car etc etc... then you choose continue and it tells you reservations of seats unavailable so choose any seat... ok.. can live with that.

Then it moves right along to Book you ticket... It then makes you setup an account.   Then to the payment window but will not take a credit card without a UK Post Code... Used my Sister-in Laws then went to enter the CC number and every time you enter the first 4 digits it takes you to the previous screen....Finally got them all in and it rejects because it wants 4 more digits that aren't on my card. 

Out of frustration I came back to the room and did it on a Laptop instead of an Apple App..  Again good until credit card and rejected.... Ahhh.. they had an option to use Paypal.   Done quickly.  

Then It tells you you have to Download the Great Western Railway in order to see my ticket.  Ugh... Done.    For the return ticket I tried to use the Great Western Rail App but it  would say no trains available from Windsor to Southampton... back to Firefox on my Phone and succeeded and my tickets showed up on the App...

That was the hardest part of our trip planning....

• Like 2
  • Haha 4