Check in time

rozen

40 minutes ago, rozen said:

First day available for check in is today. I Checked in at 5:00 am and the earliest available was

11:00- 11:30

Check in opens at midnight local time of the port of departure.  Many people check in just after midnight to get the earliest times.  10am has been the earliest time for my most recent cruises.  I was able to get 10 am when I checked in at 12:05am.  I checked in at 12:12am for our upcoming cruise and the earliest I could get was 10:30.  Many on my rollcall have 10.

Forgot to mention was lucky on last Cruise. Had earliest available check-in for non-Suites @11am, they had 10:30. My UBER showed up at Hotel 25min early and ended up at Pier by 10:20. On the Ship at 10:35

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

Just now, ccmcg said:

Is it true that if you check in just after midnight, you can lock in your check-in time ONLY and come back later to fill in passport/credit card info, etc.?

Yes but it must be done on the app.  Website does not give you this option.

23 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Yes, I do this every time.  You can use the website or the app.  

No you can’t do this on the website.  There you need to enter all travel information before moving on to arrival time.  On the app, you can go directly to arrival time.

On 4/19/2023 at 1:41 PM, poocher said:

No you can’t do this on the website.  There you need to enter all travel information before moving on to arrival time.  On the app, you can go directly to arrival time.

Maybe you aren't able to do it on your device but some of us (at least reallyitsmema & I) can do it on the website. I don't use the app.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2023 at 1:41 PM, poocher said:

When I was in Maine last summer, I forgot to bring our passports with us so I could not enter that info.  I simply noted "birth certificate" to fill it out and get the check in time.   Later when I got home, I changed that info to passport.  

• Like 1

Thank you, everyone!  Unfortunately, when check-in opened last night at midnight, the app was not working.  We tried that for a few minutes, then switched to online check-in.  By the time we got to select our time (at about 12:15,)  the earliest available was 11:30.  I had really gotten my hopes up for an earlier time, but hey-- 11:30 is still not bad.  Now that we're all checked in, with boarding passes in our Apple wallets, it feels official!

15 minutes ago, ccmcg said:

I had really gotten my hopes up for an earlier time, but hey-- 11:30 is still not bad.

Check back - very unlikely anything earlier was available and gone in such a short time - earlier slots may become available later.

10 minutes ago, ccmcg said:

We have sailed many times, but this is our first with RCCL.

Also, if that 11:30 is the earliest, then you are first anyway and can show up as early as you want (after terminal opens for check in)

2 hours ago, ccmcg said:

Thank you, everyone!  Unfortunately, when check-in opened last night at midnight, the app was not working.  We tried that for a few minutes, then switched to online check-in.  By the time we got to select our time (at about 12:15,)  the earliest available was 11:30.  I had really gotten my hopes up for an earlier time, but hey-- 11:30 is still not bad.  Now that we're all checked in, with boarding passes in our Apple wallets, it feels official!

If you are in a suite...you are allowed to check in up to one hour earlier than your assigned time.  

5 hours ago, island lady said:

When I was in Maine last summer, I forgot to bring our passports with us so I could not enter that info.  I simply noted "birth certificate" to fill it out and get the check in time.   Later when I got home, I changed that info to passport.  

Yes, you can just enter placeholder information on the website & then go to arrival time.  This is not necessary on the app.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Disneyland MBCruisers said:

We have booked four cabins for Alaska this summer. Does anyone know if we can check everyone in. Then only one person needs to been up at midnight. I know they need to add their own information to the check in.  Or does each cabin need to do there own check in at midnight?

As long as all reservations are linked, one person can do it for everyone.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info that passports not required to select a time for check in on the app.  One of my son’s passports will expire during the cruise and I thought I would need all passports to choose a time. I am a few days after check-in opened and earliest available was 12, which is fine for us, hopefully lines won’t be too long. 

One question I have - on the app I selected a time for a “wellness check”, is that the same as a check-in time? 

Thanks

Deirdre