New Pricing out. Princess just scammed me

Luckiestmanonearth

I would say this about pricing on the PC websites. I received through facebook, an ad for PC cruises. I clicked on link and priced out an Alaska Cruise for this summer. Took a snap shot of the details. I subsequently went into my own PC account and plugged in the exact information for find a cruise. My account pricing was hundreds of $ higher. I sent the lower pricing info to my TA and it was booked. Even she was surprised by the pricing. I have noticed this before that pricing can vary for the same cabin seemingly based on what device I log into the PC site. I'm now a bit more cautious on what I see for pricing.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DHP1 said:

We have been told (not sure if this information is correct) almost 2/3 of their staff left during Covid.  

I think it might be more accurate to say that they laid off 2/3 of their staff during COVID. I was working several issues with them in that time frame, and can remember at least 4 people who were let go, which only made getting a resolution more difficult. I started over several times before I finally escalated the issues and got results. Years of experience were lost and it’s impossible to replace that. 

• Like 6

I would not be surprised if many Princess employees left.  3 years without an income is a huge factor.  It is across the fleet.  ALL cruise lines had a hard time bringing ships back on line.  Visas expired.  Many were forced to find another income.  

How many of you called Princess to book a cruise DURING the height of the Pandemic?  

Have you looked around?  So many help wanted signs.  I have heard that not many "want" to return to the workforce.  

I have always said that the difference between land based shore staff and crew on the ship is like night and day.  Haven't been on a cruise that didn't have stellar folks working so very hard to make my experience pleasant.

2 hours ago, DHP1 said:

Princess has been encountering problems left and right since they started sailing again. We have been told (not sure if this information is correct) almost 2/3 of their staff left during Covid.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I think it might be more accurate to say that they laid off 2/3 of their staff during COVID. I was working several issues with them in that time frame, and can remember at least 4 people who were let go, which only made getting a resolution more difficult. I started over several times before I finally escalated the issues and got results. Years of experience were lost and it’s impossible to replace that. 

I know for a fact that Princess furloughed employees and then let them go when COVID lasted longer than expected. I don't know percentages but I do know this happened.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Well what stuff will we talk about today

Well if you must know, I tried to do a mock booking this morning and system is still not working for that cruise (meaning there is no way to add the Princess Plus stuff).  Kind of surprised it’s taking this long.  

Sometimes these issues work in our favor.  I was waitlisted for a long, sold-out cruise several years ago, but I still checked every morning.  One morning I logged in and I was able to book then and there, and without a single supplement.  No waitlist in effect.

As I watched the roll call discussions, the cruise was still sold out and waitlisted.  

I stayed quiet and enjoyed the cruise.

Edited by SargassoPirate
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Well if you must know, I tried to do a mock booking this morning and system is still not working for that cruise (meaning there is no way to add the Princess Plus stuff).  Kind of surprised it’s taking this long.  

This has been a known issue for several weeks. I have read multiple reports about this.

I book with an agent and it is done right. She makes sure of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Interesting article I found on this subject that basically says Buyer Beware as no matter how badly the cruise line is managing it’s pricing, you have zero rights and recourse. Not sure I agree but this seems to be the precedent that has been set.  Also it’s likely because cruise lines know they’ll have a huge advantage if it goes down the legal path in that they’ll have more resources to fight you.  

https://consumerrescue.org/cruise-fiascos/cruise-line-mistake-pricing-error/

Edited by Cruise till you drop

There is no discount provided by adding Plus during the initial booking process. If you sense a glitch, just go back and book the basic fare to lock in your price and cabin. Then just call or email your CVP later to add Plus. You will be charged $60 pp/pd. You can add it up to a week before departure, and it has been reported that you can buy it on the first day of the cruise as well. Don’t let a glitch frustrate you. There is an easy workaround. 

• Like 2